N.J. Marine dies in Iraq; a 'good kid'

N.J. Marine dies in Iraq; a 'good kid'

There are 7 comments on the Daily Record story from Sep 14, 2007, titled N.J. Marine dies in Iraq; a 'good kid'. In it, Daily Record reports that:

“What you try to do is teach the kids how to deal with them, how to respond. He died in service of his country, and you recognize the fact he was answering a call.”

WATERFORD -- The flag at Hammonton High School flew at half-staff Thursday, an honor to Jon T. Hicks Jr., a 2005 graduate. via Daily Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Record.

Peaceful Patriot

Anderson, IN

#1 Sep 20, 2007
God Bless Jon
dfbdsgfdshfasdfv sdf

Jenkintown, PA

#2 Sep 27, 2007
Sad to lose another citizen. R.I.P. :(
steve gass sr

Norwood, MA

#3 Apr 1, 2012
You are not alone, may God be with your parants. I remember when this happened. I m so sorry. My boss lost his son in an IED in 04.
I lost my son as well in a pedestrian accident.
Sunji

Hammonton, NJ

#4 May 14, 2012
This makes me mad and sad. God Bless his family. God Bless all who serve in our military. When will our politicians ever learn? They need to answer the call of our military. Politician should listen to what our military men and women have to say. A soldier, sailor and marines job is to always say YES. A politicians job is to say NO to unnecessary war and stop saying YES to the war propoganda machine and corporations that benefit from war. Our military heroes signed up to defend the Constitution of the U.S. not the will of the U.N. and Big Oil. IF there was no oil in Iraq, we wouldn't be there at all. WE all know they had nothing to do with 9-11. Saudi Arabia did.
Jersey Girl

Indianapolis, IN

#5 May 14, 2012
Thank You/Bless You, JON...for your ultimate sacrifice. May GOD bring comfort, strength, and peace to your loved ones. They are in my prayers..
I fully respect, honor, admire, and hold much gratitude in my heart - for the brave men/women...who wear the uniform...and serve our country. While NO ONE wants war/conflict...I THANK THE LORD THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WILLING TO LAY IT ALL ON THE LINE...TO PRESERVE OUR FREEDOMS AND KEEP US SAFE.
Lynessa

Hammonton, NJ

#6 Jun 15, 2012
God Bless All Who Served especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. My favorite holidays are Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day and Independence Day. God Bless America. We are one nation under God because of our troops.
Liberty Warrior

Hammonton, NJ

#7 Jul 13, 2012
I remembered hearing about his death. You'd think more would have been done to recognize him by the local veteran organizations but at least his school and clasmates cared to give him a much deserved tribute. May God Bless his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police seek help in search for missing Mount La... (Jan '15) Jun 19 FireyFellow44 8
Mayor Mayers Affair with his secretary Gabby Jun 18 Tony 2
SEC investigating Mayor of Gloucester Townshio Jun 13 Tom 1
Mayor Mayer says NO Fios in GT. It's a one worl... Jun 13 Tom 1
Election Fraudulent Machines in Gloucester Tpwn... Jun 11 Tom 1
Hookers in Lindenwold, what's going on???? (Jan '09) Jun 11 theday 19
News Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) Jun 10 hey 232

Atco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atco Mortgages