First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Grinch

United States

#161 Dec 26, 2010
I hope Mr. Seybold understands there are ruined lives this Christmas. Thanks for nothing. I hope your next Christmas is spent in prison.
Victim from Portland

United States

#162 Dec 27, 2010
Everyone - please understand a few things: the department of justice is asking that don spend 27 months in the big house; don's defense is recommending 5 years probation, if you can imagine such a farce. If you are a victim and have been seriously harmed by don's felonous activities, please contact the Portland FBI and ask to speak at the January 25th sentencing hearing. The judge, Anna Brown, needs to hear the extent to which Don has destroyed lives, savings, hope, dreams, not to mention art work. Please step forward. My fear is that Don will walk and pay nothing for his crimes.

Please put on your big girl or big boy pants, show up and speak. The district of attorney needs to hear from all of us.
North Coast Native

United States

#163 Dec 27, 2010
Thank you for stating the importance of participating in the process to see that justice is served.
Victim from Portland

United States

#164 Dec 30, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
If Don gets sentenced on 1/25 I'll eat my hat. This is disgusting!
Don may get sentenced on 01/25/2011, but let's pray that his sentence is something more than a slap on the wrist - like a few years probation. He needs to serve some serious time behind bars. Let's hope some degree of justice is served.
Victim from Portland

United States

#165 Dec 30, 2010
North Coast Native wrote:
Thank you for stating the importance of participating in the process to see that justice is served.
You are welcome. There are times when victims MUST speak up and let the court know that for many of us, a slap on the wrist is nothing more than Don getting away with being unaccountable for ruining many lives and allowing him to screw us one more time. He is a user and a dispicable excuse for a human being. He needs to serve some serious times behind bars. I would hope the courtroom is overrun with people who want to tell the court and Don about the impact he has had on real people with real lives. I want eye contact with him. I want him to act like a man and take punishment for the crimes he admitted to commiting.
victim

Astoria, OR

#166 Jun 27, 2011
So if anyone is still following this thread, have people heard anything about the upcoming trial date? Has anyone been contacted by the court or FBI about it? Is anyone planning on going? It has been so quiet lately and I only hope that it means work is getting done and that justice might begin to be served in 3 weeks.
victim-2

Stamford, CT

#167 Jun 28, 2011
victim wrote:
So if anyone is still following this thread, have people heard anything about the upcoming trial date? Has anyone been contacted by the court or FBI about it? Is anyone planning on going? It has been so quiet lately and I only hope that it means work is getting done and that justice might begin to be served in 3 weeks.
It's June 28th 2011 - has anyone heard what has happened in this case. I am from the southeast and have been out of loop on the final sentence any word?
reed

Portland, OR

#168 Jul 14, 2011
don was sentenced to 2 years in prison today, followed by 3 years of probation. he was also ordered to pay restitution in an amount to be determined at a later date (the fbi was still trying to figure out a value). he is supposed to report to the federal prison in sheridan on november 4th. bravo to the brave victims who stood in front of don and shared their stories with the court. not exactly justice, but none could really be expected after so much difficulty unraveling his convoluted schemes. it was a tough day in court, but most there were at least happy he got some jail time, instead of just the probation his lawyer asked for. hopefully this will close a sad chapter from a terrible book for some of the people involved. unfortunately there will never be enough justice to satisfy us all...
Pat from Portland

Portland, OR

#169 Jul 15, 2011
Reed - it was so good to see you at the sentencing hearing yesterday. And what a day it was - filled with legal maneuverings, drama, and emotion. It was the first time in 2-1/4 years that I had to make eye contact with him. It was all more difficult than I thought it would be to see him in person. The whole experience provided some small degree of closure to what has been a life-altering ordeal. Many of the victims were affected in much more severe ways than Mary and I, including serious health issues and loss of life. Sadly, I'm not sure that Don "gets it" yet. Perhaps the 2 years in the Big House will be spent looking inward. Thank you so much for being there - your presence and support and genuine caring & empathy were amazing. Take care of yourself and your family. And best of luck in your schooling and next career! Hugs to you, Reed - Pat.
reed wrote:
don was sentenced to 2 years in prison today, followed by 3 years of probation. he was also ordered to pay restitution in an amount to be determined at a later date (the fbi was still trying to figure out a value). he is supposed to report to the federal prison in sheridan on november 4th. bravo to the brave victims who stood in front of don and shared their stories with the court. not exactly justice, but none could really be expected after so much difficulty unraveling his convoluted schemes. it was a tough day in court, but most there were at least happy he got some jail time, instead of just the probation his lawyer asked for. hopefully this will close a sad chapter from a terrible book for some of the people involved. unfortunately there will never be enough justice to satisfy us all...
Captivated

Vancouver, WA

#170 Jan 17, 2013
Whatever happened to Don Seybold. Is he out of jail?
Pat

Portland, OR

#171 Dec 1, 2013
Don didn't spend all that much time in Sheridan, unfortunately. He ended up being transferred to a halfway house in Portland. I believe he is done serving his oh so harsh sentence, with the exception of having to check in with his probation officer for a court-specified period of time. Hope Don isn't too inconvenienced from this small task he must do.

Hope I don't run into him in either Seaside or Cannon Beach...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seaside Music Thread (May '12) Nov '14 Musikologist 14
Oregon police dog fired for poor performance Nov '14 Obummer 3
Oregon Coast Whales - Guide to Whale Watching; ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1
Oregon Coast Tsunami Debris Questions: What are... (May '14) Jul '14 Aerostar P601 2
Live Earthquake Updates from Oregon, Washington... (Jun '14) Jun '14 permadeva 2
Touching Dead Oregon Coast Whale Could Mean Fin... (Jul '09) May '14 JoB 2
Gas explosion at LNG facility in Washington pro... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Coos bay is commu... 1
Astoria Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Astoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:51 am PST

Yahoo! Sports10:51AM
Will Russell Wilson do Dancing With The Stars if Seahawks win?
NBC Sports11:01 AM
Rob Gronkowski on Jeremy Lane saying he's not that good: "It may" tick me off
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
NFL11:52 AM
Gronkowski, Darrelle Revis won't take Seahawks' bait
NBC Sports12:41 PM
Vince Wilfork: Marshawn Lynch "hands down" the best running back in football