Ernst Gallery

Posted in the Astoria Forum

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 171 of171
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Grinch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161
Dec 26, 2010
 
I hope Mr. Seybold understands there are ruined lives this Christmas. Thanks for nothing. I hope your next Christmas is spent in prison.
Victim from Portland

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162
Dec 27, 2010
 
Everyone - please understand a few things: the department of justice is asking that don spend 27 months in the big house; don's defense is recommending 5 years probation, if you can imagine such a farce. If you are a victim and have been seriously harmed by don's felonous activities, please contact the Portland FBI and ask to speak at the January 25th sentencing hearing. The judge, Anna Brown, needs to hear the extent to which Don has destroyed lives, savings, hope, dreams, not to mention art work. Please step forward. My fear is that Don will walk and pay nothing for his crimes.

Please put on your big girl or big boy pants, show up and speak. The district of attorney needs to hear from all of us.
North Coast Native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163
Dec 27, 2010
 
Thank you for stating the importance of participating in the process to see that justice is served.
Victim from Portland

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Dec 30, 2010
 
Disgusted wrote:
If Don gets sentenced on 1/25 I'll eat my hat. This is disgusting!
Don may get sentenced on 01/25/2011, but let's pray that his sentence is something more than a slap on the wrist - like a few years probation. He needs to serve some serious time behind bars. Let's hope some degree of justice is served.
Victim from Portland

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#165
Dec 30, 2010
 
North Coast Native wrote:
Thank you for stating the importance of participating in the process to see that justice is served.
You are welcome. There are times when victims MUST speak up and let the court know that for many of us, a slap on the wrist is nothing more than Don getting away with being unaccountable for ruining many lives and allowing him to screw us one more time. He is a user and a dispicable excuse for a human being. He needs to serve some serious times behind bars. I would hope the courtroom is overrun with people who want to tell the court and Don about the impact he has had on real people with real lives. I want eye contact with him. I want him to act like a man and take punishment for the crimes he admitted to commiting.
victim

Astoria, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166
Jun 27, 2011
 
So if anyone is still following this thread, have people heard anything about the upcoming trial date? Has anyone been contacted by the court or FBI about it? Is anyone planning on going? It has been so quiet lately and I only hope that it means work is getting done and that justice might begin to be served in 3 weeks.
victim-2

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167
Jun 28, 2011
 
victim wrote:
So if anyone is still following this thread, have people heard anything about the upcoming trial date? Has anyone been contacted by the court or FBI about it? Is anyone planning on going? It has been so quiet lately and I only hope that it means work is getting done and that justice might begin to be served in 3 weeks.
It's June 28th 2011 - has anyone heard what has happened in this case. I am from the southeast and have been out of loop on the final sentence any word?
reed

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168
Jul 14, 2011
 
don was sentenced to 2 years in prison today, followed by 3 years of probation. he was also ordered to pay restitution in an amount to be determined at a later date (the fbi was still trying to figure out a value). he is supposed to report to the federal prison in sheridan on november 4th. bravo to the brave victims who stood in front of don and shared their stories with the court. not exactly justice, but none could really be expected after so much difficulty unraveling his convoluted schemes. it was a tough day in court, but most there were at least happy he got some jail time, instead of just the probation his lawyer asked for. hopefully this will close a sad chapter from a terrible book for some of the people involved. unfortunately there will never be enough justice to satisfy us all...
Pat from Portland

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169
Jul 15, 2011
 
Reed - it was so good to see you at the sentencing hearing yesterday. And what a day it was - filled with legal maneuverings, drama, and emotion. It was the first time in 2-1/4 years that I had to make eye contact with him. It was all more difficult than I thought it would be to see him in person. The whole experience provided some small degree of closure to what has been a life-altering ordeal. Many of the victims were affected in much more severe ways than Mary and I, including serious health issues and loss of life. Sadly, I'm not sure that Don "gets it" yet. Perhaps the 2 years in the Big House will be spent looking inward. Thank you so much for being there - your presence and support and genuine caring & empathy were amazing. Take care of yourself and your family. And best of luck in your schooling and next career! Hugs to you, Reed - Pat.
reed wrote:
don was sentenced to 2 years in prison today, followed by 3 years of probation. he was also ordered to pay restitution in an amount to be determined at a later date (the fbi was still trying to figure out a value). he is supposed to report to the federal prison in sheridan on november 4th. bravo to the brave victims who stood in front of don and shared their stories with the court. not exactly justice, but none could really be expected after so much difficulty unraveling his convoluted schemes. it was a tough day in court, but most there were at least happy he got some jail time, instead of just the probation his lawyer asked for. hopefully this will close a sad chapter from a terrible book for some of the people involved. unfortunately there will never be enough justice to satisfy us all...
Captivated

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170
Jan 17, 2013
 
Whatever happened to Don Seybold. Is he out of jail?
Pat

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#171
Dec 1, 2013
 
Don didn't spend all that much time in Sheridan, unfortunately. He ended up being transferred to a halfway house in Portland. I believe he is done serving his oh so harsh sentence, with the exception of having to check in with his probation officer for a court-specified period of time. Hope Don isn't too inconvenienced from this small task he must do.

Hope I don't run into him in either Seaside or Cannon Beach...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 171 of171
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Astoria Discussions

Search the Astoria Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gas explosion at LNG facility in Washington pro... Apr 1 Coos bay is communist 1
As log export market booms, Astoria partnership... Apr 1 Coos bay is communist 1
Snobs and Rude People (Dec '11) Mar 29 happy 2
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
Debate: Immigration - Astoria, OR (May '10) Mar '14 red dawn 10
N. Oregon Coast Presentation Features Underwate... Mar '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Seaside Music Thread (May '12) Feb '14 Musikologist 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Astoria Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Astoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••