'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to de...

'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by family dog

There are 87 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 1, 2010, titled 'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by family dog. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Oregon authorities say the 4-year-old daughter of a reality TV show star was mauled to death by the family's Rottweiler.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
impeachobamanow

Kenly, NC

#1 Mar 1, 2010
Think charges are pending?
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 1, 2010
More national enquirer like stories from the pioneer pet newsletter.
Smelly Clark

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 1, 2010
Many years ago, I was in a courtroom as a witness in a civil matter. There was another case involving a Rottweiler threatening a neighbor that was being heard by the judge. I loved the comment that the judge made to the defendant. The judge said: " I don't need to hear anymore! I know the mentality of people that own Rottweilers."

Speaks volumes! Some kids are smarter than their parents.
bgilby

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 1, 2010
but my dog is so friendly, he wouldn't hurt a fly

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5 Mar 1, 2010
Only 4 y/o,,,,,,never had a chance!
Just awful.
anything

Lusk, Ireland

#6 Mar 1, 2010
oh gees we have adog at my house. she bites all the time. you should see the amount of bite marks on my sisters skin. her friends think shes doing it to herself.
LBJ

Sunnyvale, CA

#7 Mar 1, 2010
Manslaughter charges for the parents. And psychiatric exams for everyone who owns Rotts, Pit Bulls, Huskies, and Dobermans (and all the other ones who are bred to be aggressive) as family pets. I don't know how many times this has to happen before people get a clue.
PedroHanson

United States

#8 Mar 1, 2010
Pit bulls and Rottweilers are the dogs most likely to kill someone. Anybody with both children and one of these breeds don't have any common sense.
Whats fair is fair

Plymouth, MN

#10 Mar 1, 2010
Thousands of people die as a result of being attacked by aggressive dogs, yet no big deal, life goes on no change. Let one person step on a Witsenzinger and get hurt, oh, maybe a bruise or something, and the full wrath of our almighty government comes down on the Witsenzinger company outlawing and making it illegal to own a Witsenzinger. How many more people have to be maimed, injured or killed by these dogs before our almighty government comes down on dog owners.
Luck of the Irish

Plymouth, MN

#11 Mar 1, 2010
anything wrote:
oh gees we have adog at my house. she bites all the time. you should see the amount of bite marks on my sisters skin. her friends think shes doing it to herself.
You are from Ireland, things like that are considered normal every day stuff, so what is the big deal.
Terry Bull

Savage, MN

#12 Mar 1, 2010
I like dogs, they taste like cats.
BAC

Blythe, CA

#13 Mar 1, 2010
Why do people still keep these dogs as pets? Don't tell me its the owner not the breed. Because I am not hearing it.

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.

I am not for banning them. just use some common sense and do not leave them around small kids. What a shame.
guns are good

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Mar 1, 2010
ban stupid people not dogs!!! german shepherds and labs bite more people than any other dog. pit bulls and rotts and all these other "dangerous dogs" are very strong so are their jaws. we might as well start banning all the certain types of people that are more prone to violence then too. i have a "dangerous dog" and i would trust him with any kid. but i wouldnt want to break to into my house and see what he would do to someone who wasnt welcome. its all the owners fault. im all for giving this guy manslaughter charges but its just as much his fault as the dogs.
peta

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Mar 1, 2010
bgilby wrote:
but my dog is so friendly, he wouldn't hurt a fly
yep! my rottweiler will only kill humans
peta

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Mar 1, 2010
Terry Bull wrote:
I like dogs, they taste like cats.
on the grill with steak sauce
The Voice of Reason

Long Beach, MS

#17 Mar 1, 2010
guns are good wrote:
ban stupid people not dogs!!! german shepherds and labs bite more people than any other dog. pit bulls and rotts and all these other "dangerous dogs" are very strong so are their jaws. we might as well start banning all the certain types of people that are more prone to violence then too. i have a "dangerous dog" and i would trust him with any kid. but i wouldnt want to break to into my house and see what he would do to someone who wasnt welcome. its all the owners fault. im all for giving this guy manslaughter charges but its just as much his fault as the dogs.
Is it hard to type with one hand missing?

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#18 Mar 1, 2010
My Wife's nephew had a Rottweiler up until he got married and had a kid, then the dog was ushered out.
Some people do 'get it'.
Mpls

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Mar 1, 2010
And it's so easy to forget--- All the times each and every breed has saved someone. Just a week or so ago a dog helped save a little girl. Rottweillers are known as one of the most protective family dogs in the world
Tybalt

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Mar 1, 2010
what a nightmare. Pray for God's grace and healing.
guns are good

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Mar 1, 2010
the voice of reason, what does that mean? hard to type with one hand? was that really worth wasting your time and writing that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hello😀 Aug 22 Jim 1
Seaside Music Thread (May '12) Jul '16 Musikologist 38
motorcycling in Astoria Oregon May '16 yooper 1
Here visiting, and looking Mar '16 Jvisit 1
The Media is Making Police Work More Dangerous (Feb '16) Feb '16 Culture Auditor 1
military protect us (Dec '15) Dec '15 ILLEGALS DRUGS an... 1
News Hideous Heatwave Coming for Oregon; Coast in 70... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Hiner 1

Astoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Astoria Mortgages