Run Of Unusual Whale Sightings on Oregon Coast

It's been an interesting week of whale sightings on the Oregon coast, with several unusual events from Astoria down to Florence. Full Story
John Paasonen

Saint Bonifacius, MN

#1 May 26, 2006
Could you please be a bit more attentive to grammar when you write these stories. This piece has so many incorrect uses of the English language that it is distracting. Please have a qualified editor check over the stories before they are published. Thank you.
you are perfect

Tualatin, OR

#2 May 27, 2006
John Paasonen wrote:
Could you please be a bit more attentive to grammar when you write these stories. This piece has so many incorrect uses of the English language that it is distracting. Please have a qualified editor check over the stories before they are published. Thank you.
why do you care how they type a story
Lwayno from Port Orford

AOL

#3 May 30, 2006
Anyone having information regarding possible connections between
Oregon Electric Coops and ex-ENRON Executives should contact Oregon, California and Washington Offices of the State Attorney General Re: Fraud & Theft: Criminal Division. Anyone with information regards: Cheney's "Secret Energy Committe" and ENRON's "Barbados 200 secret Tax-free partnerships" should do the same. You may also request an up-date on the present status
of the criminal cases filed against ENRON and its affiliates by the respective AG offices. Lwayno@aol.com
Linda Duggins

Molalla, OR

#4 Jun 10, 2006
John Paasonen wrote:
Could you please be a bit more attentive to grammar when you write these stories. This piece has so many incorrect uses of the English language that it is distracting. Please have a qualified editor check over the stories before they are published. Thank you.
What are you the grammar police? Why you are so obsessive? If the errors bother you don't read the articles. There is no shortage of articles on the Internet for you to choose from. What is important in these stories is the information. I appreciate the people who take the time to keep us informed. I thank the writers for their efforts. Just ignore the overly critical and ungrateful grammar snobs.
Meen

Gaithersburg, MD

#5 Jun 12, 2006
Some people can't actually read unless it's gramaticaly correct.Skip a capitol and they are toast:)
In case you couldn't translate the story was about wHaleZ.....
BTW what the heck is up with the Enron post,Spam ,spam, go away.
Post it where it belongs.....

Since: Mar 07

Seaside, CA

#6 Mar 7, 2007
Lwayno from Port Orford wrote:
Anyone having information regarding possible connections between
Oregon Electric Coops and ex-ENRON Executives should contact Oregon, California and Washington Offices of the State Attorney General Re: Fraud & .......
Wow,a super liberal poster from the meth capitol of curry county.do those mix :P

Since: Mar 07

Seaside, CA

#7 Mar 7, 2007
Meen wrote:
Some people can't actually read unless it's gramaticaly correct.Skip a capitol and they are toast:)
In case you couldn't translate the story was about wHaleZ.....
BTW what the heck is up with the Enron post,Spam ,spam, go away.
Post it where it belongs.....
HA HA someone from Arlington i agree with.....It's just self centered elitism.Read a paper todays, professional writers can't spell but no one has a fit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seaside Music Thread (May '12) Nov '14 Musikologist 14
Oregon police dog fired for poor performance Nov '14 Obummer 3
Oregon Coast Whales - Guide to Whale Watching; ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1
Oregon Coast Tsunami Debris Questions: What are... (May '14) Jul '14 Aerostar P601 2
Live Earthquake Updates from Oregon, Washington... (Jun '14) Jun '14 permadeva 2
Touching Dead Oregon Coast Whale Could Mean Fin... (Jul '09) May '14 JoB 2
Gas explosion at LNG facility in Washington pro... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Coos bay is commu... 1
Astoria Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Astoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:18 pm PST

ESPN12:18PM
Lynch on SB call: 'I was expecting the ball'
Bleacher Report12:22 PM
Report: Raiders to Release LB LaMarr Woodley
Bleacher Report 1:10 PM
Marshawn on SB: 'I Was Expecting the Ball'
NFL 1:26 PM
Raiders to cut ties with LaMarr Woodley after one year
NBC Sports 2:37 PM
Marshawn Lynch seems to think someone didn't want him to be the "face of the nation"