Voice of Reason

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I am a little concerned at Chandler running the floor and expending alot of energy . Save this guy some minutes and keep him fresh.Same thing goes for Kidd
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Friday lost to Memphis is just one indication of problems with the Knicks. Live by the 3's you lose by the 3's. Did anyone hear what the announcers said about they have been out rebounded in all of there games(even the one with Orlando). If you saw the game you will see why I talk so much about Zach. Thank God for Zach because he has shut-up all the Naysayer without saying a word. What is amazing is that not one person(outside of myself) that blame 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan' for the state of the Knicks. In this forum it been more angry leveled against me than the persons that cause all of the problems.

What eats at them is that how can I have been so right about all things I posted. Always think about 'What If'. What if we didn't hire both Walsh & Dan? What if we stayed pat with Zach & Crawford? Can you see the team that would be out on the floor. We wouldn't be out rebounded and we wouldn't be shooting all those 3's. If it makes you mad then think of how pissed I am when I think of it? I LOVE THE KNICKS!!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT MOST OF YOU!!!
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

1st game they out rebounded the opponent, having Melo at 4 causes mismatches offensively, but does effect boards. I don't think when Stats return if it will fix that problem.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Ricky D wrote:
When you trade the best PF(Zach - So said K.D. of OK) in the NBA then he might want to trade one or both of them. We cease to be the NY Knicks and became the NY Suns. Do you remember me calling them that while he was coach. You will be the LA Suns. Running up and down floor playing 'Jungle Ball'!!!! THANK GOD HE IS GONE!!! LOL
Lol I really don't think that we will become like th Suns because we don't have the young personal like he had when he was with the Suns. What is this Jungle Ball? I don't mind getting easy points on fast break, but I think the personal the Lakers have they will play some defense. Wins is all that matter to me and no matter how many points you win by a win is a win.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>I was shocked!!! We will see, in NY they wanted to trade the roster to make room to chase Lebron, which you now how that turned out.2-3 years in NY he had horrible personnel, so maybe with a stable lineup and no dreams of chasing a player who's close to free agency he will probably do better then his stay in NY.
You hit the nail right on the head. He knows that he has a chamiponship type team and he can improve the offense. Not have to trade away good players to make room for another great player. Defense is still a mystery for him. We shall see as the season goes on.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Lakers finally did something right....they didn't bring back the very cocky Phil Jackson.....and the spoiled little rapist Kobe didn't get his way...what a shocker....lmfao
Paul be nice lol. Why are you talking about my favorite player Kobe like that? It wasn't rape he just didn't give her enough money lol. Phil has a right to be cocky when he is one of the best coachs of all time. I'm not shocked to hear this from a Celtic fan lol. Still say your Celtics will make a run for another title.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

reddevil76 wrote:
1st game they out rebounded the opponent, having Melo at 4 causes mismatches offensively, but does effect boards. I don't think when Stats return if it will fix that problem.
Congrats for the bounce back win yersterday against the Pacers. It was tuff for the Knicks on back to back nights against 2 of the best teams in the NBA last week. I told you before the season the Knicks will be one of the better teams and so far I have been right. They have the right combination, great ball movement and their defense is holding opponents tp 90 pts a game. Next up is a road game with the Hornets. Lake Show has th New Jersery Nets. I refuse to call them that silly Brooklyn Nets name lol.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Congrats for the bounce back win yersterday against the Pacers. It was tuff for the Knicks on back to back nights against 2 of the best teams in the NBA last week. I told you before the season the Knicks will be one of the better teams and so far I have been right. They have the right combination, great ball movement and their defense is holding opponents tp 90 pts a game. Next up is a road game with the Hornets. Lake Show has th New Jersery Nets. I refuse to call them that silly Brooklyn Nets name lol.
Come on Dell, respect my hometown of Brooklyn!!! LOL
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Dell, respect my hometown of Brooklyn!!! LOL
Lol I can't do it because there is just something not right about it. New York already has a team and that's the Knicks. The Nuts should have stayed in Jersey where they belong.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Lol I can't do it because there is just something not right about it. New York already has a team and that's the Knicks. The Nuts should have stayed in Jersey where they belong.
But LA can have 2 teams play in same arena? Come on man!!! LOL
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Hey Dell btw I was a big fan of the Julius Erving led NY Nets, and itd 1st season in NBA was as the NY Nets in 1977. Where did the Buffalo franchise end up?
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Buffalo Braves became the San Diego Clippers, which became the LA Clippers.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>But LA can have 2 teams play in same arena? Come on man!!! LOL
Lol omg please don't mention that Clipper team. Also that doesn't make it ok just becasuse L.A. has 2 teams. I'm sorry but the Brooklyn Nets just doesn't sound right to me.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

reddevil76 wrote:
Buffalo Braves became the San Diego Clippers, which became the LA Clippers.
I'm sorry, how was your weekend and Thanksgiving? Also I hope everything is good with you and the family. I hope the Knicks beat the New Jersey Nets tonight lol. You already know that Spike Lee is going to be there and I can see Melo going for 35 tonight.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, how was your weekend and Thanksgiving? Also I hope everything is good with you and the family. I hope the Knicks beat the New Jersey Nets tonight lol. You already know that Spike Lee is going to be there and I can see Melo going for 35 tonight.
BROOK-LYN!!!! You were right about Melo, but the best team won Monday night. Rebounding or lack of, and no ball movement killed the Knicks against BROOK-LYN!!!
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Sorry Dell the family is fine and thanksgiving was peaceful, hope yours was too.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Lol omg please don't mention that Clipper team. Also that doesn't make it ok just becasuse L.A. has 2 teams. I'm sorry but the Brooklyn Nets just doesn't sound right to me.
The largest market in sports has 2 teams in every major sport, does LA even have a football team? Your point is flawed.
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

October 2, 1973
Nets 97 - Knicks 87
at New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)
Attendance at MSG 17,226;
Leaders: Julius Erving 27 points (12 in 3rd quarter); Frazier 25 points

October 8, 1975
Nets 110 - Knicks 104
at Uniondale, NY

October 18, 1975
Nets 103 - Knicks 101
at New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)
Leaders: Erving 33 pts & jump shot at buzzer to win game; Frazier 22 points

Should the Nets ABA championship banners count as much as the Knicks NBA banners from that era? The Nets were willing to see. As Remember the ABA notes, after the 1975-76 season, the ABA Champion Nets offered to play the NBA Champion Celtics in a winner-take-all game, with the proceeds going to benefit the 1976 United States Olympic team. Predictably, the Celtics declined to participate. So we'll never know.

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

12 COMMENTS

RECOMMENDS
reddevil76

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Left of 1st part of article So how did the New York Nets do against the New York Knicks in those years? About the same as the ABA did against the NBA. In five games, the Nets won three -- the last three before the merger.

As with the ABA, things started slowly for the Nets. In the pre-season prior to the Knicks last championship season of 1972-73, the city guys beat the suburbanites twice, the first time in a blowout. Of course, the Nets didn't yet have Julius Erving in red, white and blue.

Then from 1973 until the 1976 merger, things changed. Dr. J was a Net (those are his hands in the picture) and the Nets dominated the ABA .. and the Knicks. In pre-season exhibitions in 1973 and 1975, prior to the Nets last two ABA championship seasons, the Nets beat the Knicks all three times the two teams played. Was that the reason that the Knicks demanded a $4.8 million "entry fee" from the Nets on top of the $3.2 million the league required? Did they know the fee would strangle the Nets, require them to undertake a massive cost-cutting, which ulitmately included the sale of Dr. Jr. to the 76ers? Ya think?

Here, thanks to Remember the ABA, are thumbnail descriptions of what went down in each of the five games

October 5, 1972
Knicks 117 - Nets 88
at New Haven, CT
Leaders: John Roche 26 points; Jerry Lucas 25 points; DeBusschere 15 points

October 6, 1972
Knicks 100 - Nets 91
at Uniondale, NY
Leaders: DeBusschere 19 points; Frazier 19 points; Johnny. Baum 19 points; Billy Melchionni 18 points

October 2, 1973
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>BROOK-LYN!!!! You were right about Melo, but the best team won Monday night. Rebounding or lack of, and no ball movement killed the Knicks against BROOK-LYN!!!
Lol omg not you too with that chant? The Knicks had that game in my opinion. I didn't like that play they drew up for Melo when he was going for the last shoot. They were missing Kid also. Still think the Knicks are a better team than them. I saw my wife Beyonce though. She was looking good as usual lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Astoria News Video

•••
Astoria Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Astoria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Astoria People Search