Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310346 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#251895 Aug 8, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep bashing women. You fight for nothing more than your opinion.
And her dogma.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#251896 Aug 8, 2012
Don't mix meth with acid; it results in posts like yours.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that has a uterous just to have a place to kill innocent people should not be allowed to have a uterus. Any homicidal tyrant could just as easily have their uterous removed as kill the people they put in their uterus.

Indianapolis

#251897 Aug 8, 2012
Monkeynipples, rights in this country come from the constitution, and no foreign instrument can change that.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights cannot be granted. Rights are inherent. I said granting rights is sheer lunacy, I didn't inferr anything.
Human rights are rights inherent to all human beings, whatever our nationality, place of residence, sex, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, language, or any other status.
http://www.ohchr.org/en/issues/Pages/WhatareH...
Inherent Human Rights
Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR)
'PREAMBLE - Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,...'
http://www.p10k.net/inherent_human_rights_int...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251898 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Some PL seem to be of the mentality that if you aren't "against" abortion, you are automatically "for" abortion.
It isn't enough for us to simply say that our beliefs and feelings play no part in the equation pertaining to a complete stranger's pregnancy.
It's a simple-minded, ignorant approach to this issue that, quite frankly, seems to be irreconcilable.
We can't alter the way their so-called "brains" function.
I said exactly what I mean and she completely ignores it and starts telling me what I supposedly think and believe, like she's behind the pulpit and I'm sitting out in a pew. There's a complete disconnect with that one.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251899 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
a) She's a liar.
b) She's a low-classed buttinsky who thrives on extracting and storing personal information about other people, simply to use it as a weapon against them, because her life is meaningless and she has no skills, so she needs to try to elevate herself above others using whatever means possible, regardless of how unethical and unChristian they may be.
c) She likes to force these less-than-competent women and girls to be parents so she can talk down about them and feel superiour to them, see item b), above. It has nothing to do with the fetus. The fetus is merely a means to an end.
d) She has no friends and her kids despise her because she either wishes them dead or they end up very close to death thanks to her inadequacies as a parent. Look what happened to her husband.'Nuff said.
What exactly did happen to the husband?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251900 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness to Sue, she never brings her religion into the equation. She doesn't use it as her rationale for her stance on abortion, and she doesn't use it as a cudgel or a tool with which to judge other people who are not Christian or who are PC.
That being said, she handled katie's newborn granddaughter's birth announcement very poorly. AJ was right. She is better than that.
JM and LYnne are *not* better than that. They are incapable of handling a situation - ANY situation - with class and grace. Lynne and JM are low-classed scum. Trash, really.
Oh, so she's just crass and b!tchy.

Indianapolis

#251901 Aug 8, 2012
If you were one of the kids, it would be completely understandable.

AGAIN: Born children have rights. Fetuses do not.

Women who just don't want another child don't wait until lte in the pregnancy to abort.
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't mention a woman in distress. I said that a woman just doesn't want another child.
What does stress have to do with killing anyway? Recently a woman threw her two children off a roof top because she decided that she didn't want them anymore. They caused her too much stress. THAT is normal? Kill your child because you don't want them or because you are stressed? What kind of nut are you?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251902 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
cont'd...
"In a letter to Delhi school officials Aug. 6, ACLU of Louisiana Executive Director Marjorie Esman points out that school policies also violate the Equal Protection Clause and Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment "by imposing an irrebuttable presumption that pregnant students are unable to continue to attend classes" and "raises serious concerns of vagueness in violation of the First Amendment."
Delhi's school policies are surfacing as the education gap between teen moms and those who didn't have a teen birth grows. According to a 2010 report by nonprofit research center Child Trends, 51 percent of teen mothers have a high school diploma, compared with 89 percent of women who were not teen mothers. For teens who give birth before the age of 18, their likelihood of graduating high school is even lower -- just 38 percent have a diploma.
According to a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report, Louisiana holds the sixth highest teen pregnancy rate in the country, and "lack of education is a big factor," Louisiana State University student Shea Leger told The Daily Reveille.
The ACLU notes that about 70 percent of teenagers who give birth drop out of high school, in part due to actions by schools that force pregnant students out. Data from the National Center for Educational Statistics show that pregnancy is already a leading cause of dropping out of high school -- 30 percent of teenage girls cited pregnancy or parenthood as a reason for leaving before completion.
Overall, high school dropouts cost taxpayers between $320 billion and $350 billion a year in lost wages, taxable income, health, welfare and incarceration costs, among others. Dropouts are also a cost to themselves: of the 3.8 million students that started high school last fall, a quarter won't earn a diploma. Those who don't finish will earn $200,000 less than those who do over their lifetime.
Dropouts are also not eligible for 90 percent of the jobs in our economy, and a student drops out of high school every 26 seconds in the U.S., contributing to a rising unemployment rate."
Nice way to *increase* the drop-out rate.
One thing we don't need is more JMs and LynneDs sucking from the economy!
While I can understand that they don't want their girls to get pregnant, tossing them under the bus when they truly need to finish their education is certainly not the way to go, IMO. Instead, they should offer better "pre-sex" education so as to deter sexual activity, and, if the girl does get pregnant regardless, enable her to continue her education WITH the caveat that she MUST take child rearing, occupational training, and other relevant courses as part of her curriculum. Of course these courses should also be offered to the general populace, anyway.
They should not be penalizing these kids when they are most in need of guidance and support. Give them every opportunity to make the most of their lives in spite of being teen moms.
<sigh> Control-freaks.

Indianapolis

#251903 Aug 8, 2012
The DOI is an important document, historically, but not a RULING document.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
What things? Made how?
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--"
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/dec...
On December 7, 1941, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. On December 23, the Declaration and the Constitution were removed from the shrine and placed between two sheets of acid-free manilla paper. The documents were then carefully wrapped in a container of all-rag neutral millboard and placed in a specially designed bronze container. It was late at night when the container was finally secured with padlocks on each side. Preparations were resumed on the day after Christmas, when the Attorney General ruled that the Librarian needed no "further authority from the Congress or the President" to take such action as he deemed necessary for the "proper protection and preservation" of the documents in his charge.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251904 Aug 8, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody suggested this{I foreget who)but it would explain Sassy's knowing these types of women.
This is my guess. Sassy had an abortion and is wracked with sin. So she is involved with support groups where she meets with others who have the same problem as she does.
You know, that is quite plausible. It might explain her extreme anger which would really be directed at herself.

Also, the posts I see written by Lifers who staunchly declare that other women on here are filled with guilt that they're trying to purge on here could actually be projection based on their own actual feelings over a past abortion.

Indianapolis

#251905 Aug 8, 2012
A clueless fool? What do you call a woman who is so out of touch with her own body that she doesn't notice 9 months of changes? It's like men who keep noticing a lump in their groin but do nothing about it until they suddenly get sick from prostate cancer.

Do you think a woman who can't recognize changes in her own body will recognize problems in her child?
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>This is a joke right?
How ANTI-WOMAN of you to judge a woman who might not find out that she is pregnant til the later stages of her pregnancy or at all(until she gives birth).
You clueless fool you.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251906 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for proving how clueless,ignorant and arrogant you proaborts really are. You have NO idea what an abortion is,does to the baby inside or to the woman after.
You want to know HOW or WHERE I saw a womans vagina during an abortion. How pathetic you really are that you would support an act that you are so ignorant about.
""""When a woman miscarries who tore the "baby" from the womb then? Your God?"""
A miscarriage is a natural death. NO baby is having his/her arms,legs,head,ears,torso,etc. .torn off in the womb. The baby simply dies.
Once out of the womb,the baby might die a natural death. There is no guarantee as to when we will die naturally. Someone DELIBERATELY killing us is a whole different issue.
More ranting and more lies. I'm still waiting for you to back up your claim that I support abortion... using my words not yours.

I'm not totally obsessed with abortion the way you are, Sass. Get a hold of yourself.

Indianapolis

#251907 Aug 8, 2012
People don't make people? So much for all those biology classes....
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't make humans Dr. Frankenstein. Humans occur naturally as a part of nature. Humans rights are "endowed by their Creator". Which means humans rights occur naturally in humans.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/dec...
On December 7, 1941, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. On December 23, the Declaration and the Constitution were removed from the shrine and placed between two sheets of acid-free manilla paper. The documents were then carefully wrapped in a container of all-rag neutral millboard and placed in a specially designed bronze container. It was late at night when the container was finally secured with padlocks on each side. Preparations were resumed on the day after Christmas, when the Attorney General ruled that the Librarian needed no "further authority from the Congress or the President" to take such action as he deemed necessary for the "proper protection and preservation" of the documents in his charge.

Indianapolis

#251908 Aug 8, 2012
So Nature just knocks on your door and drops off a kid? That not how it works on THIS planet.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Humans are not man-made Dr. Fankenstein. Humans occur naturally, so must their ideas.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251909 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
hahaha. Someone stole her name:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TKN1...
LMAO!!!!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251910 Aug 8, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you call them stupid?
Did you run your big mouth like you do here and bash their decision making?
You're insensitive to what a women goes through when they make the decision to have an abortion.
I doubt that they'd still be your friend if you ran your mouth like you do here and called them stupid and evil.
Continue to keep your nose pointed upwards and your fingers in your ears.
She seems to know Way too much about her "proabort" friends...assuming they exist. She must spend all her time butting into everyone's business.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251911 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Why would I call a girl who admits her wrong doing,stupid? Why would I call a girl who DOESN'T support killing as choice,stupid?
Oh, so you're the judge of right and wrong? talk about arrogance.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#251912 Aug 8, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> Its not nice to lie.
I'm not lying, knit. That's exactly what happened.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251913 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, well, the dishonest pile of excrement aka sASSy neglects to mention that she stalked a number of us on FaceBook and proceeded to post our full names, etc. on here.
She feeds this information to other people regularly, actually. She tries to pretend she is Suzy Q Churchgoer but she is complete trash, through-and-through.
It's alright, though. G-d is smiting her in so many delightful ways. Karma is a wonderful thing :)
She's unwell.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251914 Aug 8, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> Its not nice to lie.
Then why do you do it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Earthling-1 54,323
Poll Tman/Momma most humiliating and embarrasing mom... 1 hr jimi-yank 1
High Yield Stocks! 2 hr Tristascottcom 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Forrest 10,541
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Forrest 12,168
Time to go? 3 hr Expat 2,525
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 4 hr Paul Yanks 36,413
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Astoria Mortgages