Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#251923 Aug 8, 2012
I want to know how many of you have adopted a child?
So untill you have, don't tell me how wounderful life is.
Keep abortion safe and legal. You god may not like it but mine thinks it's okay.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#251924 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. As you can see in part 2 of that post, I feel that treating these poor kids with such disdain and humiliating them is absolutely the opposite of how they should be treated. You're right, how do we expect them to keep their pregnancies and be successful in life if we don't give them the proper tools? All this will do is increase abortion rates AND increase poverty rates!
Unbelievable!
lol, Once again, you display utter ignorance of your own flagrant hypocrisy in each of the statements you made in this post.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#251925 Aug 8, 2012
Kevin McDermott wrote:
I want to know how many of you have adopted a child?
So untill you have, don't tell me how wounderful life is.
Keep abortion safe and legal. You god may not like it but mine thinks it's okay.
Yep!

Trust me, though, Kevin. You wouldn't want some of these people to adopt.

Let's just say they wouldn't pass the psyche exam :-/

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#251926 Aug 8, 2012
A special song for Lynnie-poo:

:)
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#251928 Aug 8, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> Its not nice to lie.
Piggy peggy lies all the time.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#251930 Aug 8, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I agree with this COMPLETELY. I dont think it should be limited to clinics that do abortions however, I think it HAS to be ALL "clinics" be they general health or ambulitory surgery centers.
Absolutely.

Location hidden

#251931 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't skip over that part. I read it. It was irrelevent to our conversation. I see alot of junk just thrown in typical conversations with you people to distract from the topic at hand.
Just the same,....Yes,I have complained about women not knowing their bodies enough to know their body system/functions. MANY unwanted pregnancies could be avoided by women educating themselves. THEN,when they have sex with their husbands,they won't be enjoying the moment while thinking "Oh no,I hope that I don't get pregnant".
Those women who have such extreme cases of irregular menstrual cycles,are not in control of that situation,obviously. My sis-in-law WANTS more children,so for her,she doesn't abstain(no reason to). If for any chance she doesn't want to be pregnant(i.e after just giving birth),she just abstains from sex for awhile. They do what they NEED to do.
Ripleys believe it or not-it IS possible to abstain. Absence makes the heart grow fonder,so THAT is the plus side to practicing a bit of self-control,y'know ;)
Pffft...I guess that's one way to look at it.

Location hidden

#251932 Aug 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how many times when Sassy is oppositional about something she suddenly knows all these people who had the experiences in question. And, it just so happens all these (fictional) people told her things about those experiences that only supports and justifies her own opinions.
If those stories she tells were actually true (which I doubt) they only prove that she is nosy beyond belief and butts into people's private business every chance she gets.
I'm still waiting for Sassy to explain why she seems to have nothing but derision for women who don't know their own bodies well enough to successfully use the rhythm method of birth control, but she has all this compassion for women who get to 8 or 9 months pregnant without even knowing they're pregnant. There's a huge difference between how the menstrual cycle feels and how pregnancy feels...a huge difference. But she's a hypocrite, I know.
lol, that is so true! She reminds of a poster on the ABQ forum that claims she knows lots of gay people that say they choose to be gay and were not born gay. She also said that she personally knows many women who are plagued with guilt over having an abortion. She knows all these people living in the suburbs and working as an office manager at a furniture warehouse. Riiiight!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#251933 Aug 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, I know.
I used to try, but got frustrated just like you. Most of what she posts is just bizarre fabrications that have no basis in reality. She just takes the ball and runs with it, willy-nilly. Complete disconnect describes it well.
Let's face it, sometimes I post stuff on here that's obviously fabricated. And I admit it. That's not the case with her. She made up stuff about me, my mom, my dad, and she tried to pass it off as reality.
Sadly, most of the stuff I have posted about her and Lynne are fact. A little speculation thrown in, sure. But, again, I admit it.
And does she actually think that we won't notice?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#251934 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't skip over that part. I read it. It was irrelevent to our conversation. I see alot of junk just thrown in typical conversations with you people to distract from the topic at hand.
Just the same,....Yes,I have complained about women not knowing their bodies enough to know their body system/functions. MANY unwanted pregnancies could be avoided by women educating themselves. THEN,when they have sex with their husbands,they won't be enjoying the moment while thinking "Oh no,I hope that I don't get pregnant".
Those women who have such extreme cases of irregular menstrual cycles,are not in control of that situation,obviously. My sis-in-law WANTS more children,so for her,she doesn't abstain(no reason to). If for any chance she doesn't want to be pregnant(i.e after just giving birth),she just abstains from sex for awhile. They do what they NEED to do.
Ripleys believe it or not-it IS possible to abstain. Absence makes the heart grow fonder,so THAT is the plus side to practicing a bit of self-control,y'know ;)
You don't want people to practice self control. You want your standards, beliefs, doctine, etc. to control them. You want them to make the decisions you would make. That's not self-control.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#251935 Aug 8, 2012
<quoted text>
And does she actually think that we won't notice?
I think people IRL just humour her. I get the feeling she just yammers away endlessly, as on here, so she can baffle them with BS. I worked with someone like that. He would babble away, but don't ask too many questions, because just below the surface you would find all the weaknesses in his stories, all the lies, and he would double back and act like he didn't notice. He was friendly. Only the most simple-minded never caught on. I'll bet most of the people she associates with either don't catch on, avoid her, or, as I said, they just humour her.

Creepy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251936 Aug 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol, that is so true! She reminds of a poster on the ABQ forum that claims she knows lots of gay people that say they choose to be gay and were not born gay. She also said that she personally knows many women who are plagued with guilt over having an abortion. She knows all these people living in the suburbs and working as an office manager at a furniture warehouse. Riiiight!
Oh yes, women are walking around confessing their guilt all over the place. They're even taking out billboards. I can't wait in a check-out line or walk my dog anywhere without women coming up to me confessing their guilt. And people who haven't confessed to me? Well, I ask them point blank.."did you ever have an abortion and are you feeling guilt-ridden over it?".

Did you see where Sassy wrote this to me? "Seeing a Dr pulling tiny little hands,feet,torso,rib cage,head,ears,etc..out of a womans vagina quite frustrating."

She said "seeing..." so I have to conclude she's "seeing" abortions (in videos I assume) up close at the "womans vagina" and I have to wonder why she would do such a thing.

Seems very strange to me. I find her to be emotionally unstable.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#251937 Aug 8, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>You know I found it very interesting that we spend a lot of money to see if there is the smallest form of life in mars even if it is just molecular cell life and at the same time pro-aborts try to deny that the unborn child, which is made up of cells, is truly alive and deserving of protection. Imagine if all the money that was used to search for life on mars was used to protect life in the womb! Interesting thought huh?
You should start with your church. Tell the pope to give every pregnant woman one million dollars if she chooses not to have an abortion. Imagine all the unborns you'd redeem!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#251938 Aug 8, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>
I will CONTINUE to fight for little ones in the womb PRIOR to birth. Katies grandchild is safe now. Yesterday,she wasn't.How sad that strangers care more then "family" does.
When something goes wrong in a pregancy the woman makes the decision as to how she wants to proceed, given the choices available to her. Who would you have make the decision?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251940 Aug 8, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
When something goes wrong in a pregancy the woman makes the decision as to how she wants to proceed, given the choices available to her. Who would you have make the decision?
Sassy is wrongly equating being a control-freak with caring.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#251941 Aug 8, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It's weird you believe using condoms is a huge sin. You're like, "HEY, don't have sex! Abstain! What?? You had sex?! Don't do it again, and if you do, you better damn well not use a condom!" Incontrollable animal couple appears perplexed, shell shocked -- "Huh? But why? Why shouldn't we use condoms?" Sjm fugly smugly bellows, "Because...you must be open to conceiving. It's God's will."
So the young lusty couple run off to f*ck, both sinning and doing God's will simultaneously. Ya gotta love Catholic doctrine.
"Ya gotta love Catholic doctrine."

Catholic dogma.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#251942 Aug 8, 2012
<quoted text>
I said exactly what I mean and she completely ignores it and starts telling me what I supposedly think and believe, like she's behind the pulpit and I'm sitting out in a pew. There's a complete disconnect with that one.
Yep. She thinks all her screeching will win converts. I have told her for years, I'm not going to convert to Catholicism. She still doesn't believe me.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#251944 Aug 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're funny. Why should we offer heartfelt congratulations to a woman who admittedly sees the fetuses of strangers as non-entities until they're breathing and cord is cut, but displays incredible hypcorisy when stating her "granddaughter" was "on the way"?
To my knowledge, Katie has never described a fetus as a "non-entity".

Can you explain how an understanding of fetal physiology indicates hypocrisy in the context of one being happy when a new grandchild is born?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#251945 Aug 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fact: I didn't lie about anything ..."
You lied when you said "I did NOT say 'friends, who hapened to be vlack', so stop attributing that to me.", and you're lying now in claiming you didn't lie about anything. You lied previous to that as well and I proved that too. I can keep proving you lie, as many times as you lie.
I provided the link, post number and your exact words stating, "..dropped off with friends, who happened to be black." Showing you lied when claiming you "did NOT say" it, Fool.
As for your racist comment;, "normal" people know you stated it in a racist way in the present, in the year 2012, so your excuse about saying it that way because it was about something in 1968 is desperately pathetic, at best.
You lie all the time. You lied when you swore up and down that I pick on abused 15 year olds. You lied when you accused me of claiiming embryos are viable. And you lied when you wrote I didn't have the -- intelligence?, was it? to be funny. That was right after you sent me a "Lol" for, well, for being funny. I've never seen any other poster withdraw a spontaneous "Lol".

You're damned odd, lilLynne. Not to mention, a liar. Did I mention you're a liar?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#251946 Aug 8, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
To my knowledge, Katie has never described a fetus as a "non-entity".
Can you explain how an understanding of fetal physiology indicates hypocrisy in the context of one being happy when a new grandchild is born?
Hey, StO!

She's just trying to dance around the fact that she's an ill-mannered, jealous slob.

Nothing new there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 17 min okimar 79
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 18 min the don 330,780
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 32 min North Charleston ... 40,975
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 35 min JackArmStrong 11,364
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 40 min Dan Snow 14,990
Why isn't Clinton Foundation spending all its m... 49 min El Padre 1
Tim Kaine is boring in two languages 57 min El Padre 1

Astoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance