H.S. Football talk back
Nassau 3

Valley Stream, NY

#30241 Sep 21, 2010
Lawrence Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you. If Sewanhaka plays hard against Hewlett like the did against us in the second half they will beat them. That should be a really good game. Sewanhaka needs to put that ball in the air more when they verse Hewlett.
Where were you? Had to throw that hot dog out.
Lawrence Forever

Brooklyn, NY

#30243 Sep 21, 2010
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Where were you? Had to throw that hot dog out.
OMG!! LOL sorry. Something came up. Will I see you Saturday at Hewlett?
Lawrence Forever

Brooklyn, NY

#30244 Sep 21, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that game was played this weekend, I would pick Hewlett over Sewanhaka 21-14. But a lot of things can happen between now and 10/16.
ReallY? Why?
Lawrence Forever

Brooklyn, NY

#30245 Sep 21, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
"Lawrence Forever" I agree with you. If Sewanhaka plays hard against Hewlett like the did against us in the second half they will beat them. That should be a really good game. Sewanhaka needs to put that ball in the air more when they verse Hewlett.
We have to play you guys then Division,lynbrook and after that Sewanhaka. We know they have a good team and it will be a good game.
Yes we play you guys this Saturday. That game should be really interesting. I always enjoyed watching Hewlett play us from when we played against each other in Conference II.
D Cord

Brooklyn, NY

#30246 Sep 21, 2010
Conf1follwer wrote:
And he was inelligable because of an ankle injury not because he signed up late.
Please get your facts straight...Ruiz never participated in Pequa's speed camp for one...Ankle????..Two He didnt hate the school (St Anthonys) His grades were below par and he just didnt want to listen or follow directions .. He hates routine and ws sidetracked by issues off the field...He wanted to play RB and LB...Like Molinet says ...if he was that motivated and dedicated he would be playing for a power house..
25 pound weight loss in less than a year tells you something..... Try to be a realist . It will help you in the long run.....
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#30247 Sep 21, 2010
ESPN/New York 1050 Tri-State Top 10:

The Top 10
1. Don Bosco Prep (2-0)
2. Bergen Catholic (2-0)
3. St. Joseph's Regional (2-0)
4. St. Anthony's (2-0)
5. St. Peter's Prep (1-1)
6. Wayne Hills (2-0)
7. Monroe-Woodbury (3-0)
8. Seton Hall Prep (2-0)
9. Holy Cross (1-1)
10. Tottenville (2-0)

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/news/story...
THE BOLD ONE
#30248 Sep 21, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that game was played this weekend, I would pick Hewlett over Sewanhaka 21-14. But a lot of things can happen between now and 10/16.
On what do you base this? Have you seen them both play or is this based on stats?
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#30249 Sep 21, 2010
PequaFan

AOL

#30250 Sep 21, 2010
D Cord wrote:
<quoted text>Please get your facts straight...Ruiz never participated in Pequa's speed camp for one...Ankle????..Two He didnt hate the school (St Anthonys) His grades were below par and he just didnt want to listen or follow directions .. He hates routine and ws sidetracked by issues off the field...He wanted to play RB and LB...Like Molinet says ...if he was that motivated and dedicated he would be playing for a power house..
25 pound weight loss in less than a year tells you something..... Try to be a realist . It will help you in the long run.....
having been close to the program for years i know that richie has always had trouble following directions, routines, and/or disciplinary measures. with that said, he is still a very good player. why he is not at st anthonys anymore i do not know. whether he would be starting/playing if he stayed i also do not know. what i do know is that he instantly becomes the best defensive player on massapequa and will be a tremendous help. he should be playing MLB. move grigs to the outside and sit staubitz. grigs, ruiz, von weiding is not too shabby. hopefully maenza gets back soon to help with both lines.
Lballday

Fairfield, CT

#30251 Sep 21, 2010
THE BOLD ONE wrote:
<quoted text> On what do you base this? Have you seen them both play or is this based on stats?
its based on the stats...Sewanhaka is clearly better then last year because they got more athletic. Isiah Pollack(#2) is faster and quicker then James Wighaus and Keenan woods(#1) is faster and quicker then John Marco Militano.(#6) Shareem Cobb brings the tough hard nose running and (#4)Brian Wint is the speed and big play back in there flex bone option system.
offensive lineman

Israel

#30252 Sep 21, 2010
Lawrence Forever" Yes we play you guys this Saturday. That game should be really interesting. I always enjoyed watching Hewlett play us from when we played against each other in Conference II.

Should be a good game if both teams play well
Uncle Tex

AOL

#30253 Sep 21, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, if Oceanside can't produce another Tyler Heuer, then they'll be in trouble for 2011.
If for two years Oceanside does have a downturn in the Upper Tier of Conference I, then they would be moved down to the Lower Tier. The team that was successful in the Lower Tier will now move up and take Oceansides spot in the 8 team Upper Tier.
So you advocate re-seedimg the Upper and Lower Tiers every two years? I think that's a good idea. For the most part you have 2 classes together for the two seasons, so that usually is an indication of what to expect in those 2 seasons.
I think your idea should be presented to the powers that be.
D Cord

Brooklyn, NY

#30254 Sep 21, 2010
PequaFan wrote:
<quoted text>
having been close to the program for years i know that richie has always had trouble following directions, routines, and/or disciplinary measures. with that said, he is still a very good player. why he is not at st anthonys anymore i do not know. whether he would be starting/playing if he stayed i also do not know. what i do know is that he instantly becomes the best defensive player on massapequa and will be a tremendous help. he should be playing MLB. move grigs to the outside and sit staubitz. grigs, ruiz, von weiding is not too shabby. hopefully maenza gets back soon to help with both lines.
Good post ..
CHS Follower

Huntington Station, NY

#30255 Sep 21, 2010
Hey now...putting one player down does not make another better. Tyler McLees is a terrific linebacker at St. A's and was the only junior who started all year as a junior. He's the defensive captain and the guy who makes the defense work. Watch the game from last Friday against Holy Cross and you see him stuffing the run in the middle, tracking down ball carriers trying to get to the end, and generally flying around the field. He was the best defensive player on the field in the two St. A’s games so far.

Saying that McLees plays only because his father helps coach is a cheap cop out. One of the hallmarks of the St. A’s program is that the coaches run a true meritocracy. They play the best player at a given position regardless of who Mom or Dad is, how much money someone gave to the school or even if you attended the off-season workouts. The starters and those with playing time get there the old-fashioned way: they earned it.

Don’t know why Ruiz left the school and can only wish him well. St. A’s lost several returning players. Some left due to grades, some left due to playing time issues, some for other reasons. The reasons why a kid leaves the school may be different than the reason he gives latter. The competition for playing time at St. A’s is fierce and the decisions ruthless. It can break your heart to see a senior who has worked so hard not winning a starting job and disappointing as some leave the school over playing time. The worst part is that starting positions change as the season progresses due to injuries and performance reasons. Always tough to see a senior leave the school.
Conf1follwer wrote:
No I've never changed my name and that's a lie if you know reichert so well ask him what really happened with ruiz. He left the school because he hated it not because you think he wouldn't of played because he wouldve. Ruiz is 10x better then mclees and the only reason why mclees would start over him is because his dad is a coach
Suff III

Milford, CT

#30256 Sep 21, 2010
Here is name to watch out for in the next few years. Soph. running back Sayville HS. He is 6' tall, weights 190 pounds and as a 9th grader last year, made it to he County finals in the 100 yard dash!!!!

could be a future blue chipper!!!
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30257 Sep 21, 2010
Lawrence Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you. If Sewanhaka plays hard against Hewlett like the did against us in the second half they will beat them. That should be a really good game. Sewanhaka needs to put that ball in the air more when they verse Hewlett.
I based it on the opposite conclusion that you based your conclusion on Sewanhaka winning.
Nassau 3

Valley Stream, NY

#30258 Sep 21, 2010
Lawrence Forever wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!! LOL sorry. Something came up. Will I see you Saturday at Hewlett?
Maybe for a half
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30259 Sep 21, 2010
Suff III wrote:
Here is name to watch out for in the next few years. Soph. running back Sayville HS. He is 6' tall, weights 190 pounds and as a 9th grader last year, made it to he County finals in the 100 yard dash!!!!
could be a future blue chipper!!!
It would've helped if you posted his name, but since you didn't I will.

Sayvilles RB John Haggart.
2can

Ronkonkoma, NY

#30260 Sep 21, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would've helped if you posted his name, but since you didn't I will.
Sayvilles RB John Haggart.
good luck to him and his future,size and speed is a nice combo and if he is a good kid.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30261 Sep 21, 2010
Uncle Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
So you advocate re-seedimg the Upper and Lower Tiers every two years? I think that's a good idea. For the most part you have 2 classes together for the two seasons, so that usually is an indication of what to expect in those 2 seasons.
I think your idea should be presented to the powers that be.
Yes, let's look at an example if it had been implimented this year in Conference I

Upper Tier:

Freeport
Farminingdale
East Meadow
Oceanside
Baldwin
Syosset
Massapequa

Lower Tier:

Hicksville
Uniondale
MacArthur
Kennedy
Port Washington
Hempstead
Herricks

Now based on certain computer Algorithm's after two years if lets say Massapequa does poorly in the Upper Tier and Uniondale does well in the Lower Tier, Uniondale would move up and Massapequa would move down. It could also be conceivable that two Upper Tier teams might be doing poorly and moved down and two Lower Tier teams could be doing very well and moved up.

It based on a lot of computer input(won/loss records points for/against, opponents won/loss record, strength of schedule, how many Senior graduated and started, how many Junior and Sophmores started, etc.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 17 min SweLL GirL 15,895
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 24 min jimi-yank 330,782
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 25 min WasteWater 80
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 28 min North Charleston ... 40,976
The most prepared presidential candidate (Hilla... 31 min Kaine and Unable 1
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr JackArmStrong 11,364
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Dan Snow 14,990

Astoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance