Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30226 Sep 21, 2010
Uncle Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
As we have been talking about building winning programs, here's my problem with Oceanside. I am seeing almost a repeat of 1976 and the 1977 seasons. In 1976, Oceanside won a bunch of games and played a junior at quaterback. In 1977, The qb came back and had a great senior year along with a bunch of other seniors, winning the County Championship. They all graduated and Oceanside quickly went back to what it was, a middle of the road program.
I'm thinking the same thing is happening again. Heuer is playing so well. The team is a senior oriented group, and next year they'll be mediocre again. I don't think they will be able to hold onto this success like Baldwin, Freeport, and others have over a long period of time.
I'm not really familar with any of those early Oceanside teams, but I did email my father-in-law who attended Baldwin in the seventies and and continues to follow Nassau football, he told me you can't even come close to comparing the 2010 Oceanside team with the 1977. He says Oceanside didn't have a QB with anywhere near the talent of a Tyler Heuer. He said most of the offense was done by RB Peter Gibson.

He also stated that Tyler Heuer will come close to Oceansides all time passer Jay Fielder. He feels the Heuer is better than Fielder on the High School level. In 1977 Oceanside beat Berner 3-0 on a very windy, rainy day.
offensive lineman

Tel Aviv, Israel

#30227 Sep 21, 2010
"Molinet Knows" American Samoa: Football Island
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Trinity Texas has a ton of these guys. Trinity boasts 88 players, including 39 linemen, with 36 of them at least 200 pounds, 18 larger than 250 and five more than 300 pounds.

How about St Anothonys taking them on?
D Cord

Brooklyn, NY

#30228 Sep 21, 2010
Conf1follwer wrote:
That's a false statement because when Ruiz played at St. Anthonys he was a lot bigger and was moved to nose. He weighed 225 and rotated with Patrick Basil who was a captain and senior who started his junior year also. Now Ruiz is 200 and a lot quicker so he will be a better linebacker then nose
BS..I know Reichert personally and he has NO ATTENTION to detail..granted he was heavier at St A 's due to strict weight room training however he is much more gifted as a LB than any DT scheme you can put him in. Ruiz did not even participate in summer drills with pequa and only signed up 2 weeks before first game which is why he was ineligible to play first game.... Friarland expected more from him thats why he is on a Pequa team with lil left to play for other than pride...Good Luck to the kid..... BTW you dont have to change your screen name all the time "Jersey Boy".....
Uncle Tex

New York, NY

#30229 Sep 21, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really familar with any of those early Oceanside teams, but I did email my father-in-law who attended Baldwin in the seventies and and continues to follow Nassau football, he told me you can't even come close to comparing the 2010 Oceanside team with the 1977. He says Oceanside didn't have a QB with anywhere near the talent of a Tyler Heuer. He said most of the offense was done by RB Peter Gibson.
He also stated that Tyler Heuer will come close to Oceansides all time passer Jay Fielder. He feels the Heuer is better than Fielder on the High School level. In 1977 Oceanside beat Berner 3-0 on a very windy, rainy day.
Pete Gibson was the quarterback in 1976 and 1977. He was All-League as a junior and I think All Long Island as a senior. They beat Plainedge 3-0 in the playoff game. They lost to Berner in the regular season game, their only loss in 1977. Once Gibson and the other seniors graduated, Oceanside hasn't been heard from in 33 years.
Fiedler was hyped by his coach and had nothing around him, so his High school career was more of huge numbers but nothing as far as team results.
What I'm saying is, after Heuer graduates, I don't think Oceanside is going to be one of the Conference I powerhouse programs. Thus the similarities between 1977 and 2010. Which leads us back to our original debate, teams should be grouped by ability and not by population.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30230 Sep 21, 2010
Suffolk D1 Fan098746 wrote:
<quoted text>What is your prediction for the Sachem East v Lindenhurst game?
As I've posted many times I followed Lindy's QB Stephen Skon since he was a Soph. he is good. The problem is Lindy has no running game, no RB Joe Vesipar and it showed against Sachem North. SN shut down Lindy's passing game and if you don't have a running game like Oceanside and Sayville your dead.

Sachem East is 0-2 points f/a 17-74. As you can see they have no offense. Lost to P-M(31-7 and CI 47-10.

Lindenhurst is 1-1 points f/a 42-40. Lost to SN(34-15) and beat Longwood 27-6.

Lindy's whole offense is QB Stephen Skon(20/29 297 yards 6 td's)

If for some reason SE can stop Skon, mabybe you'll have a chance. Just remember you didn't stop CI or P-M.

My feeling is Lindy's Skon will have a big day against SE. I'm going with Lindenhurst.

Lindenhurst 35
Sachen East 10
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30231 Sep 21, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
"Molinet Knows" American Samoa: Football Island
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Trinity Texas has a ton of these guys. Trinity boasts 88 players, including 39 linemen, with 36 of them at least 200 pounds, 18 larger than 250 and five more than 300 pounds.
How about St Anothonys taking them on?
Trinity's Big Boys over 250 lbs.

#52 Justin Martin OL 6'0" 251
#57 Chris MaDade OL 6'1" 367
#58 Greg Garcia OL 5'8" 268
#74 Andrev Kirby OL 6'4" 330
#72 Julius Kautai OL 6'1" 269
#71 Connor Cole OL 5'10" 286
#68 Richard Lolohea 5'11" 273
#65 Andres Chavez OL 6'1" 266
#64 Folav Mose 6'0" 310
#63 Valentine Cocker 5'10" 309
#76 Manu Kaufusi OL 6'2" 280
#77 Hiva Lutui OL 6'2" 280
#78 Henry Lea Aetoa OL 6'2" 292
#79 Hasan Choudhary OL 6'2" 314
#90 Andre Young DL 6'2" 284
#93 Suleiman Masumbuko DT 6'3" 270
Conf1follwer

Zarephath, NJ

#30232 Sep 21, 2010
No I've never changed my name and that's a lie if you know reichert so well ask him what really happened with ruiz. He left the school because he hated it not because you think he wouldn't of played because he wouldve. Ruiz is 10x better then mclees and the only reason why mclees would start over him is because his dad is a coach
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30233 Sep 21, 2010
Uncle Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete Gibson was the quarterback in 1976 and 1977. He was All-League as a junior and I think All Long Island as a senior. They beat Plainedge 3-0 in the playoff game. They lost to Berner in the regular season game, their only loss in 1977. Once Gibson and the other seniors graduated, Oceanside hasn't been heard from in 33 years.
Fiedler was hyped by his coach and had nothing around him, so his High school career was more of huge numbers but nothing as far as team results.
What I'm saying is, after Heuer graduates, I don't think Oceanside is going to be one of the Conference I powerhouse programs. Thus the similarities between 1977 and 2010. Which leads us back to our original debate, teams should be grouped by ability and not by population.
You are correct, if Oceanside can't produce another Tyler Heuer, then they'll be in trouble for 2011.

If for two years Oceanside does have a downturn in the Upper Tier of Conference I, then they would be moved down to the Lower Tier. The team that was successful in the Lower Tier will now move up and take Oceansides spot in the 8 team Upper Tier.
Conf1follwer

Zarephath, NJ

#30234 Sep 21, 2010
And he was inelligable because of an ankle injury not because he signed up late.
Lawrence Forever

Valley Stream, NY

#30235 Sep 21, 2010
THE BOLD ONE wrote:
I think Sewanhaka will beat Hewlett .THey too have a better squad than last year.Them playing Lawrence was a great game. Two great teams.
I agree with you. If Sewanhaka plays hard against Hewlett like the did against us in the second half they will beat them. That should be a really good game. Sewanhaka needs to put that ball in the air more when they verse Hewlett.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30236 Sep 21, 2010
THE BOLD ONE wrote:
I think Sewanhaka will beat Hewlett .THey too have a better squad than last year.Them playing Lawrence was a great game. Two great teams.
If that game was played this weekend, I would pick Hewlett over Sewanhaka 21-14. But a lot of things can happen between now and 10/16.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#30237 Sep 21, 2010
TheToe wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious -- how does that compare to just picking the higher seeded team?
I try to pick high rated teams, middle of the road teams and lower team matchups.

But if you have some teams that you would like to see if I can project the winners, post them.
offensive lineman

Tel Aviv, Israel

#30238 Sep 21, 2010
"Lawrence Forever" I agree with you. If Sewanhaka plays hard against Hewlett like the did against us in the second half they will beat them. That should be a really good game. Sewanhaka needs to put that ball in the air more when they verse Hewlett.

We have to play you guys then Division,lynbrook and after that Sewanhaka. We know they have a good team and it will be a good game.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#30239 Sep 21, 2010
Conf1follwer wrote:
No I've never changed my name and that's a lie if you know reichert so well ask him what really happened with ruiz. He left the school because he hated it not because you think he wouldn't of played because he wouldve. Ruiz is 10x better then mclees and the only reason why mclees would start over him is because his dad is a coach
If Rich Ruiz was as good as you say, then why did he transfer back to Massapequa instead of beating out any of the 4 LB's that started in '09. 1 went to 1AA-Lafayette(currently 2nd team Will), 1 went to 1AA-Stony Brook(currently a FB), 1 went to D3-King's and the other is still on the team. He probably would've had opportunity, but it was going to take consistent work.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#30240 Sep 21, 2010
Conf1follwer wrote:
The 4 LB's he could've beat out if he stayed and competed:

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt...

http://www.goseawolves.org/sports/m-footbl/mt...

http://www.kingscollegeathletics.com/roster.a...

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/clOk4kl_mECc...
Nassau 3

Woodmere, NY

#30241 Sep 21, 2010
Lawrence Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you. If Sewanhaka plays hard against Hewlett like the did against us in the second half they will beat them. That should be a really good game. Sewanhaka needs to put that ball in the air more when they verse Hewlett.
Where were you? Had to throw that hot dog out.
Callaway57

Palm Springs, CA

#30242 Sep 21, 2010
Molinet Knows wrote:
I see you always write about the private schools, did you attend any of them when you were in high school?
Lawrence Forever

Valley Stream, NY

#30243 Sep 21, 2010
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Where were you? Had to throw that hot dog out.
OMG!! LOL sorry. Something came up. Will I see you Saturday at Hewlett?
Lawrence Forever

Valley Stream, NY

#30244 Sep 21, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that game was played this weekend, I would pick Hewlett over Sewanhaka 21-14. But a lot of things can happen between now and 10/16.
ReallY? Why?
Lawrence Forever

Valley Stream, NY

#30245 Sep 21, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
"Lawrence Forever" I agree with you. If Sewanhaka plays hard against Hewlett like the did against us in the second half they will beat them. That should be a really good game. Sewanhaka needs to put that ball in the air more when they verse Hewlett.
We have to play you guys then Division,lynbrook and after that Sewanhaka. We know they have a good team and it will be a good game.
Yes we play you guys this Saturday. That game should be really interesting. I always enjoyed watching Hewlett play us from when we played against each other in Conference II.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 37 min TMAN_Mets 316,331
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min red and right 53,456
News No evidence placing Hillary at murder scene, po... 1 hr howdy 10
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr Maude 3,907
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr forrest 10,018
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr forrest 11,399
Poll What Happened To The West Babylon Poster? (Jan '13) 2 hr Todd 45
More from around the web

Astoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]