H.S. Football talk back
Nassau 3

Woodmere, NY

#26556 Dec 5, 2009
LIfan wrote:
I don't know Nassau 3...I just watched the game and Barnett came on very strong following that hit...take a look...that was one great game...player by player more athleticism in that game than any of the other LIC's IMO. Even with the loss of Kinder and Barnett Lawrence should be very good next year. From what I've heard, Hills West also has quality coming up and return the soph rb among others.
Talking to people at game last week from HHHW they said the team next year takes a big drop. Just remember Cruz Aultman and Hodge are done and between those 3 I havent seen that much speed on any team in a long time.
david

AOL

#26557 Dec 5, 2009
Chuck Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have problems...why dont you post with one name...I think you have a case of Schizophrenia. No one cares about your babseball career becuase you didnt have one. You are a nobody who thinks he is a big shot. This is a HS football board and you are posting to yourself about your "fake" baseball career? Who you trying to impress. Your a grown ass man grow the f_*k up. You should be ashamed people that know you are reading this and see what and ass*&le you are!
How come you use multiple names and you talk to yourself. Sometimes you post and your ISP is AOL and then it just so happens other times it come up as Palm Springs CA. I guess PM88, KennyK, and AllStar just happened to always have the same ISP. You have problems man...you were a no one and you never did anything stop posting all this BS on the internet....
Just to let everyone know this guy never did anything he says...he didnt play anything and he never coached anything...he was just a looser who loved to talk about how much he could do but thats it! Played at UM yeah thats your claim to fame, stop wasting everyones time and trying to make yourself feel good. Your a looser and thats why everyone hates you! Maybe if you would have done something with your life instead of talking people would respect you! No one respects a grown man posting on a chat board about how great he was...get a job/life. You should be ashamed!
I've been on this high school football forum since 12/06. Who cares? what are you the net.topix police? are you going to fine them? if i didn't know any better i would think you were in LOVE with him/them!!!! get a life putz.
Lee Harvey

AOL

#26558 Dec 5, 2009
AllStar wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the people I spoke with had Floyd, North Babylon, and Amityville as the favorites and Lawrence as the only Nassau favorite. Just look at Lawrence's stat's. No one really new how HHHW was going to do considering this was the first time they were ever at the LIC's. Plus the fact that Lawrence has won in Class I, and II and was going for III, which would make them the first team ever to accomplish that. We all figured that since Lawrence was the most diversified team on the Island, because of the amount of different teams they have played since 1995, which no other team on the Island has played in as many different Conferences/Divisions(Conferen ce I, II, & III)and has been a winner in all three, who figured HHHW would beat them.
I must say that hit that McFarlane put on Barnett on that Screen pass to Aultman was nasty. I don't think the cob webs left him until the next day. To me that was a huge turning point in the game.
I do know some of the coaches in Conference III weren't too excited about all the game changes Andre was doing so he could go and watch his son play football at Marist College, I think that's the right College, so maybe that was a problem, shouldn't be but who knows. John Kinder should've been real close to Allen.
Still I never really cared for some of the coaches in Nassau, everything with them is political, they shouldn't allow their personal agenda to interfer with the players that play the game. Vote for who you think is the best player, period.
Allen not winning the Thorp Award was an even bigger joke, I think he passed Zereoue's 1993 Nassau's single season rushing record, and because Cellan runs up the score on Oceanside these coaches take it out on him, crazy.
Go look at 1997, pretty much every coach in Division I wasn't to fond of Sconone personally, but that didn't interfer with their voting for who should win the Rutger's Trophy(P-M), the Hansen Award winner(P-M's Derrick Rossy)or the Collotta Award(P-M's Derrick Rossy).
Cellan ran up the score on Oceanside for one reason, he hates the idea of 8 teams in the playoffs. He has repeatedly said that there is no need for 8 teams in the playoffs and he is willing to humiliate 17 year olds to proove his point. He lives in fear of an #8 seed somehow upsetting a #1 seed, which probably will never happen, but in order to make sure it doesn't he runs up the score. He hopes that at next year's coaches meeting, the lesser teams seeing what happened to Oceanside, and then vote out the 8 team playoff sysytem for fear that it could be them next.
The other option that is presented has been to establish a lesser tier of playoffs for the 5-8 place teams. Cellan shoots that down because he says that would mean somebody else would get to wear jacket that says "County Champs". Personally, I don't think any school would call themselves County champs if they won a second tier playoff.
By the way, did Cellan clear his bench at the end of any of the playoff games when there was no doubt that his team was going to win? Or does he think he is coaching in the NFL?
david

AOL

#26559 Dec 5, 2009
Chuck Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have problems...why dont you post with one name...I think you have a case of Schizophrenia. No one cares about your babseball career becuase you didnt have one. You are a nobody who thinks he is a big shot. This is a HS football board and you are posting to yourself about your "fake" baseball career? Who you trying to impress. Your a grown ass man grow the f_*k up. You should be ashamed people that know you are reading this and see what and ass*&le you are!
How come you use multiple names and you talk to yourself. Sometimes you post and your ISP is AOL and then it just so happens other times it come up as Palm Springs CA. I guess PM88, KennyK, and AllStar just happened to always have the same ISP. You have problems man...you were a no one and you never did anything stop posting all this BS on the internet....
Just to let everyone know this guy never did anything he says...he didnt play anything and he never coached anything...he was just a looser who loved to talk about how much he could do but thats it! Played at UM yeah thats your claim to fame, stop wasting everyones time and trying to make yourself feel good. Your a looser and thats why everyone hates you! Maybe if you would have done something with your life instead of talking people would respect you! No one respects a grown man posting on a chat board about how great he was...get a job/life. You should be ashamed!
BTW who are you trying to say you are with using "Chuck" Parker? Are you trying to say you were the SS for the University of Miami Football team in 1969? because that's who Chuck "Charlie" Parker was. Are you saying your picture is in the University of Miami's 1969 Ibis yearbook in the football section? So how many names do you use?
AllStar

AOL

#26560 Dec 5, 2009
Lee Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Cellan ran up the score on Oceanside for one reason, he hates the idea of 8 teams in the playoffs. He has repeatedly said that there is no need for 8 teams in the playoffs and he is willing to humiliate 17 year olds to proove his point. He lives in fear of an #8 seed somehow upsetting a #1 seed, which probably will never happen, but in order to make sure it doesn't he runs up the score. He hopes that at next year's coaches meeting, the lesser teams seeing what happened to Oceanside, and then vote out the 8 team playoff sysytem for fear that it could be them next.
The other option that is presented has been to establish a lesser tier of playoffs for the 5-8 place teams. Cellan shoots that down because he says that would mean somebody else would get to wear jacket that says "County Champs". Personally, I don't think any school would call themselves County champs if they won a second tier playoff.
By the way, did Cellan clear his bench at the end of any of the playoff games when there was no doubt that his team was going to win? Or does he think he is coaching in the NFL?
No matter what your personal feeling's are you don't take it out on the players just playing the game for their respective teams. I don't see the problem with trying the 8 team playoff system. If this is what Section VIII and XI wants, so be it.

If Cellan had a problem with it then he should keep bringing up at the annual coaches meetings, not show his objection by running up scores on teams that have nothing to do with Section VIII's decision.

Can a #1 be beaten by a #8? sure it can. I know we had a #7 defeat a #2(Baypoint-Blue Point defeated Babylon 26-19)only to get beaten by #1 Glenn 20-7. I do believe their was another #2 defeating a #7.

The only problem I have is that once the regular season is over they stop using the power point system. My feeling is to use it until you reach the final four.

Go back to the 1980's and you'll see that each Division was divided in to two leagues with 6-7 teams each. The two winners of each League played against each other for the playoffs.#1 in League A played #4 in League B, and so on.

No coach should ever use his personal agenda to interfer with his ability to vote for the best player or players, period.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26561 Dec 5, 2009
Just a quick point on Division IV #2 Babylon lossing to #7 Bayport-Blue Point in the playoff's in the beginning of the year Babylon was ranked #2 in Class C by the NYSSWA.

Prior to the B/BP playoff game Babylon was now ranked #4 in Class C.

This was considered a very big upset by B/BP, more so than any other #2 beating a #7.
Sean Bell

Brooklyn, NY

#26562 Dec 5, 2009
Did the dickhead Baldwin coach and his 10 fat assistants storm out of this year's awards dinner like they all did when Garden City beat out Baldwin, hands down, in 2005?

Never saw so many fat assistant coaches in my life like I saw at Baldwin. What's interesting too is how 70% of the team is black yet only 1 of the 10 fat assistants is black (and he happens to be the only one who's NOT fat).
Reality

AOL

#26563 Dec 5, 2009
Lee Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think Freeport "lives in fear" of losing to an 8th seed? Given their history, I doubt it. You sound like someone who is within the coaching circle. Maybe then YOU could explain why more than half of the teams in the conference should qualify for the playoffs, because I don't understand it either.
LIfan

Stamford, CT

#26564 Dec 5, 2009
IMO go back to four teams in the playoffs and open the season with a non-league. Each team still gets a 9 game regular season. Could still have so-called "bowl games" for the non-playoff teams to extend their seasons.
Molinet Knows

Bethlehem, PA

#26565 Dec 5, 2009
Word is that Freeport's Cellan is the reason why the Thorp Award was not announced the other night at the Nassau Banquet. Because it was not going to Cellan's-Freeport-Allen and/or lawrence's Kindner, and was going to Holy Trinity's Brunetti, he forced the issue to not let Brunetti attend and have the Thorp announcement at the CHSFL Championship Awards Communion Breakfast on Sunday. Dec 6th. The Thorp Award has always been announced at the Nassau Coaches Banquet, and both St. Dominic's Cappozolli('75) and Chaminade's Rogan('77) attended and were presented at the "Gridiron 44" banquet.

Because of Cellan's and the Publis School antics, Newsday considering changing the composition of the selection committee of their award and how their award gets presented.

Even though the Thorp Award has been presented to a Nassau Public school kid for 63 of the 67 years of existence, it's still not good enough for these people who have to conspire/collude with each other to exclude kids from their club.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26566 Dec 5, 2009
Molinet Knows wrote:
Word is that Freeport's Cellan is the reason why the Thorp Award was not announced the other night at the Nassau Banquet. Because it was not going to Cellan's-Freeport-Allen and/or lawrence's Kindner, and was going to Holy Trinity's Brunetti, he forced the issue to not let Brunetti attend and have the Thorp announcement at the CHSFL Championship Awards Communion Breakfast on Sunday. Dec 6th. The Thorp Award has always been announced at the Nassau Coaches Banquet, and both St. Dominic's Cappozolli('75) and Chaminade's Rogan('77) attended and were presented at the "Gridiron 44" banquet.

Because of Cellan's and the Publis School antics, Newsday considering changing the composition of the selection committee of their award and how their award gets presented.
Even though the Thorp Award has been presented to a Nassau Public school kid for 63 of the 67 years of existence, it's still not good enough for these people who have to conspire/collude with each other to exclude kids from their club.
How come you never responed to Kenny K's post #26550 yesterday? He made some great points.
This is why

Mount Vernon, NY

#26567 Dec 5, 2009
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you never responed to Kenny K's post #26550 yesterday? He made some great points.
Mr Molinet doesnt respond to Kenny K's post because he has no answers for it. He is very selective in his responses and clearly is biased towards the CHSFL, although I have no reason why. I did hear he made some money doing some writing for St. Anthony's, not sure if that's true. As far as 2 Catholic League players receiving their award at the all-county dinner over 30 years ago, I don't think that qualifies as "past practice".
Chuck Parker

Shirley, NY

#26568 Dec 5, 2009
david wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW who are you trying to say you are with using "Chuck" Parker? Are you trying to say you were the SS for the University of Miami Football team in 1969? because that's who Chuck "Charlie" Parker was. Are you saying your picture is in the University of Miami's 1969 Ibis yearbook in the football section? So how many names do you use?
Yeah thats what im saying jerkoff....You should be ashamed of yourself..your a nobody who never did anything but run your mouth...you know who I am. Its really sad I have to see you making a fool of yourself on an internet chat board. Im embarrased for you that you have nothing better to do then spit some BS and make yourself feel important spewing off HS football stats...its enough already. I know you have been on here since '06 and its not the first time you have been called out on talking to yourself using multiple screen names....why dont you use your real name anymore?
Chuck Parker

Shirley, NY

#26569 Dec 5, 2009
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats beacaue Kenny K is Pat-Med 88 and he doesnt feel like talking to an idiot that talks to himself..people arent as dumb as you think!
david

AOL

#26570 Dec 5, 2009
Chuck Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah thats what im saying jerkoff....You should be ashamed of yourself..your a nobody who never did anything but run your mouth...you know who I am. Its really sad I have to see you making a fool of yourself on an internet chat board. Im embarrased for you that you have nothing better to do then spit some BS and make yourself feel important spewing off HS football stats...its enough already. I know you have been on here since '06 and its not the first time you have been called out on talking to yourself using multiple screen names....why dont you use your real name anymore?
I see someone's "Thong" is in a knot. BTW what's my real name? Did you Google yourself on Univ. of Miami's Ibis 1969 year book and check your stats out, Chuck "Charlie" Parker?
Kenny K

AOL

#26571 Dec 5, 2009
Molinet Knows wrote:
Section VIII and Section XI football should abolish all CHSFL teams, players from all awards that are given to Nassau and Suffolk players,

Catholic Schools have a completely different set of rules, they have no boundaries as far as where they can obtain their talent pool, they have their pick of 127 LI Public HS districts, plus Queens, Brooklyn and Westcherster County. The Publics don't have that luxery.

Public Schools also don't have the luxery of being able to build multi million dollar sports complexes with Endowment Funds or Alumni Contributions like St. Anthony's($41 million dollars), Chaminade's ACC($20 million dollars)which by the way the main contributors were Alfonse D'Amato, Thomas Suozzi, Mr. Spotta from Nassau County, and Fox's Bill O'Rielly)paid for that project.

Iona Prep a few years ago also built a Sports Complex for $14 million dollars with the help of the Mara's(co-owners of the Giants)Bill Reilly CEO of Primedia, Tommy Mottola Sony Excutive, Louis Carpelli Manhattan Real Estate Developer.

All the Catholics can charge tuition, have large Endowment Funds, Trust Funds, Grant Funds, Scholarship Funds, Booster Clubs, Alumni Contributions, Websites for contributions, Open Houses, and mailing of school Literature for student potiential enrollment.

Now the Publics can't go outside of their districts and must rely on their local district for talent. The Publics have no endowment funds or Alumni Contributions to build multi million dollar sport complexes, they have to rely on property taxes and school budgets just to field athletic teams.

I can assure you in 1942 no one had the vision that the Privates would become a multi million dollar business pulling talent from all over the state while the Publics have to rely on a small district for talent.

If takes a Russ Cellan to abolish the CHSFL from anything connected to the Public's I'm all for it.

Don't come on this forum and tell people that the "football playing field is level" and the Privates should be able to compete with the Publics, nonsense.
david

AOL

#26572 Dec 6, 2009
Kenny K wrote:
<quoted text>
Section VIII and Section XI football should abolish all CHSFL teams, players from all awards that are given to Nassau and Suffolk players,
Catholic Schools have a completely different set of rules, they have no boundaries as far as where they can obtain their talent pool, they have their pick of 127 LI Public HS districts, plus Queens, Brooklyn and Westcherster County. The Publics don't have that luxery.
Public Schools also don't have the luxery of being able to build multi million dollar sports complexes with Endowment Funds or Alumni Contributions like St. Anthony's($41 million dollars), Chaminade's ACC($20 million dollars)which by the way the main contributors were Alfonse D'Amato, Thomas Suozzi, Mr. Spotta from Nassau County, and Fox's Bill O'Rielly)paid for that project.
Iona Prep a few years ago also built a Sports Complex for $14 million dollars with the help of the Mara's(co-owners of the Giants)Bill Reilly CEO of Primedia, Tommy Mottola Sony Excutive, Louis Carpelli Manhattan Real Estate Developer.
All the Catholics can charge tuition, have large Endowment Funds, Trust Funds, Grant Funds, Scholarship Funds, Booster Clubs, Alumni Contributions, Websites for contributions, Open Houses, and mailing of school Literature for student potiential enrollment.
Now the Publics can't go outside of their districts and must rely on their local district for talent. The Publics have no endowment funds or Alumni Contributions to build multi million dollar sport complexes, they have to rely on property taxes and school budgets just to field athletic teams.
I can assure you in 1942 no one had the vision that the Privates would become a multi million dollar business pulling talent from all over the state while the Publics have to rely on a small district for talent.
If takes a Russ Cellan to abolish the CHSFL from anything connected to the Public's I'm all for it.
Don't come on this forum and tell people that the "football playing field is level" and the Privates should be able to compete with the Publics, nonsense.
I just finished reading your post on private high schools vs public high schools and why they should not be able to compete against each other. You really hit the nail right on the head. The player from Holy Trinity should have never won the Thorp Award. In fact no private school should ever win an award that has Section 8 or Section 11 players involved.

This argument has been going on for years your post really put it to light.

I was glad to read that no private school has ever won the Rutgers Cup or Throphy. Thanks for your input, I hope Nassau and Suffolk coaches and both section(8&11)administrator s are reading and listening.
Kenny K

AOL

#26573 Dec 6, 2009
If you really want to see why they shouldn't be allowed to compete with Publics go to www.chsfl.com and check out the rosters of St. Anthony's, Chaminade, Holy Trinity and Iona Prep. You will see just about every town and district from both Nassau and Suffolk, plus players from Queens.

If you look at the total amount of football players that are on these rosters you will notice that St. Anthony's has approximately 235 combined male students - 23 coaches on the rosters between Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshman. These players are from all over Nassau/Suffolk area.

I'm not 100% sure about the gender breakdown, but I was told that it was approx. 1400 Boys - 1,000 girls. Based on those figures St. Anthony's football program has 17% of the male students playing football. Chamianade has around 18%, Holy Trinity 14% and Iona Prep which is an all boys school(750 students)has 21%.

If you look at Pat-Med which has 2950 students grades 9-12 and has 137 players - 10 coaches(Varsity, JV, and Freshman)that works out to approx. 9.5%. They can only use players from the Patchogue-Medford area, not the rest of the Island.

So next time someone tells you that the Privates should be able to compete with Public schools in Section 8 or 11, just show them the Private School Team Rosters and the area these players come from.
LIfan

Stamford, CT

#26574 Dec 6, 2009
not exactly sure what you mean by compete...would the publics consistently win? Probably not...but we'd see some quality games and adding new wrinkles to a closed schedule can only improve things. The LI administrators prefer this incestuous bubble in which the same teams play each other every year, the same programs are competitive and the same ones are awful. Occasionally things change up a little but at the end of the season the same cream rises to the top. Nice to see one new face (HHW) this year...and with a young coaching staff maybe the program will leave its mark. I say it all the time...any one of us can probably guess at least half the county finalists for 2011 right now (not 2010..2011). Adding a non-league game with the CHSAA or even public schools from NYC or section 1 and beyond would be a very positive step for LI football. It sounds like you have an issue with the existence of the CHSAA...no one can argue those programs make the most of their advantages...but why don't you have a problem with Friends, Mercy and Smithtown Christian? Why arent' the best athletes clamoring to attend those programs? Think about the folks in Rochester and Syracuse who have to deal with Aquinas and CBA in the public school leagues. BTW, the education provided by Chaminade and St. Ants is first rate (not so with all CHSAA schools)...and I'm a big public school proponent.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#26575 Dec 6, 2009
LIfan wrote:
not exactly sure what you mean by compete...would the publics consistently win? Probably not...but we'd see some quality games and adding new wrinkles to a closed schedule can only improve things. The LI administrators prefer this incestuous bubble in which the same teams play each other every year, the same programs are competitive and the same ones are awful. Occasionally things change up a little but at the end of the season the same cream rises to the top. Nice to see one new face (HHW) this year...and with a young coaching staff maybe the program will leave its mark. I say it all the time...any one of us can probably guess at least half the county finalists for 2011 right now (not 2010..2011). Adding a non-league game with the CHSAA or even public schools from NYC or section 1 and beyond would be a very positive step for LI football. It sounds like you have an issue with the existence of the CHSAA...no one can argue those programs make the most of their advantages...but why don't you have a problem with Friends, Mercy and Smithtown Christian? Why arent' the best athletes clamoring to attend those programs? Think about the folks in Rochester and Syracuse who have to deal with Aquinas and CBA in the public school leagues. BTW, the education provided by Chaminade and St. Ants is first rate (not so with all CHSAA schools)...and I'm a big public school proponent.
Why would you bring up Friends Academy(Conference IV)enrollment 312, for the past 6 years are 4-40in football, plus cancelled 2009 season, Mercy High School(Division IV) enrollment 376 again for the past six years is 20-31 and Smithtown Christian which doesn't even have a football team.

As far as CBA they have an enrollment of 512 all male students, has maybe 48 players on the Varsity roster, plays in Class AA Section 2 and maybe draws players form 6 other school districts around Albany and has only won 1 NYS Tournament in 2003 when they had QB Gregg Paulus.

Rocherst Aquinas Section 5 that's a different story they have an co-ed enrollment of 811 and average maybe 50 players on their Varsity Roster and pull from students from 6 school districts around Rochester. I think NYSPHSAA made a mistake in putting them in Class A, they should've been placed in Class AA, simply for the fact that they are a private school that brings in other student/players from around the state. They have won the NYS Tournament 4 times(1998, 2001, 2002, 2007, and lost this season to Sweet Home).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 9 min barefoot2626 12,510
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 11 min you cant 11,884
News New York grand jury charges man with murder of ... 17 min grounded in reality 3
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 18 min Lori giss 331,868
News Clinton campaign halfway to $1 billion fundrais... 24 min Stephany McDowell 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,003
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 1 hr 11951Ratdog 86

Astoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Astoria Mortgages