Fb fan

Brooklyn, NY

#4063 Nov 19, 2012
TechBall wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly my point. A lot of the backs rushing yds go to Capabianco.
yeah they need to change that rule.. But the kid has a great arm.. Don't think he will go big time though 5/9 qbs even w his stats don't wind up in the acc more like the patriot league.
Da Fan

White Plains, NY

#4066 Nov 19, 2012
I was told by someone that Sachem East is the home team for this Sunday's game against Floyd. Is that possible considering Floyd is the 4 seed and Sachem East is the 6th seed? Not that it really matters I just like the seats over on the home side.
Da Fan

White Plains, NY

#4067 Nov 19, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text> yeah they need to change that rule.. But the kid has a great arm.. Don't think he will go big time though 5/9 qbs even w his stats don't wind up in the acc more like the patriot league.
I heard he is a big time baseball player who can get it up in the low 90's. If that is true I could see him going the baseball route.
Fb fan

East Rockaway, NY

#4068 Nov 19, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he is a big time baseball player who can get it up in the low 90's. If that is true I could see him going the baseball route.
he throws hard not sure he is in the 90 but poss baseball route for sure..and he a good student to always nice to see he will have some options for sure
Mike Qucik

AOL

#4069 Nov 19, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
I was told by someone that Sachem East is the home team for this Sunday's game against Floyd. Is that possible considering Floyd is the 4 seed and Sachem East is the 6th seed? Not that it really matters I just like the seats over on the home side.
Sachem East beat the #1 seed Connetquot. Floyd beat the #2 seed Sachem North.
Nassau 3

East Rockaway, NY

#4070 Nov 19, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
low 80s. And that is a fact. Listening to Sarra too much. He played travel bb for Sarra . If you pitched and threw 80 Sarra would say you threw 85 if you hit 300 you are a 350 hitter.
Suff III

East Islip, NY

#4071 Nov 19, 2012
All the Suffolk teams have only 5 days.
Last year the Div/Conf 1 drew a higher attendance than all 3 other Division championship games combined and both section VIII and Section XI broke even.

I have paid $24.00 to watch 4 games. I think this is a bargain to see playoff team battle it out. Why do I get my hand stamped? Why do I not get a ticket with a number on it?? The current system has NO CHECKS & BALANCES!!!! Why not???? I'm sure if all four games were sellouts the two sections would break even the way they handle finances!!!!! Probably a good reason why the games are still being played at Hofstra. The good old boy club!!

Just my observation and skepticism.
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

#4072 Nov 19, 2012
Mike Qucik wrote:
<quoted text>
Sachem East beat the #1 seed Connetquot. Floyd beat the #2 seed Sachem North.
. Higher seed is home side Floyd will be home side
da fan

New York, NY

#4073 Nov 20, 2012
Freeport in the house wrote:
<quoted text>. Higher seed is home side Floyd will be home side
According to newsday you are correct. Floyd is the home team.
Lawrence Forever

United States

#4074 Nov 20, 2012
Ok Lawrence pay attention!!! Never mind what happened with Plainedge the last time you played them!! Get that out of your minds and get focused. It is all or nothing. No room for errors. You guys must play hard and make every down count!! Plainedge will be coming to PLAY so be ready!!!!! Good luck!!
TechBall

United States

#4075 Nov 20, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some good pts but if I get beat by ganas and franger so be it ...Tyler Anderson is very good player and Starr also good player I do Believe Siricio will have to play some d to match up And they will have to put pressure on the q w haggard and the boys they have up front .. But if ganas and franger beat me than I lose but If sayville can run the ball which i think they can and keep that high powered o off the field.. I like there chances
Good point their QB should play D. The only problem is playing both ways after just playing one all year will be tough. I know Starr is a good player. I also heard that Boos is really good and by the way is he related to Dillion Boos? Do they have any returning Lineman?
Fb fan

Brooklyn, NY

#4076 Nov 20, 2012
TechBall wrote:
<quoted text> Good point their QB should play D. The only problem is playing both ways after just playing one all year will be tough. I know Starr is a good player. I also heard that Boos is really good and by the way is he related to Dillion Boos? Do they have any returning Lineman?
i think they have 2 ivino there center and boos the older of the two brothers I think they do start two sophomore on o- line but there very good.. They have to play well for sayville to beat Lawrence for sure Lawrence has 22 seniors on a 35 man and 8 of 11 def and off guys (seniors )start on there team .

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#4077 Nov 20, 2012
cassali also hit a connetquot player before the ball went 10 yards on the onside kick. The ref is standing right there how does he not make the call. brand new rule this year and you would think they would enforce it. then on top of that the PI call was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Connetquot was robbed
Suff III

East Islip, NY

#4078 Nov 20, 2012
i think they have 2 ivino there center and boos the older of the two brothers I think they do start two sophomore on o- line but there very good.. They have to play well for sayville to beat Lawrence for sure Lawrence has 22 seniors on a 35 man and 8 of 11 def and off guys (seniors )start on there team

I was told that Lawrence was a bunch of 9th graders last year. Somebody not telling the truth here.
Classy Guy

Jersey City, NJ

#4079 Nov 20, 2012
LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>Gwaltney and Baker were on different teams...and NB won the LIC before either one of them. After Gwaltney NB made it to the LIC and lost because of a boneheaded mistake on a punt. I'm no Manning fan but they are in the Suffolk championship game now. Looks like he decided passing the ball isn't a bad thing. Guess he realized the wing t is fine until you are down by two td's in the second half.
I think you're missing the point. I think the point he was trying to make is that once you run out of big dogs, even if it's just one season, other teams will get even. Once Manning ran out of Bakers and Gwaltneys, he got pummeled for a while.
Classy Guy

Jersey City, NJ

#4080 Nov 20, 2012
Suff III wrote:
i think they have 2 ivino there center and boos the older of the two brothers I think they do start two sophomore on o- line but there very good.. They have to play well for sayville to beat Lawrence for sure Lawrence has 22 seniors on a 35 man and 8 of 11 def and off guys (seniors )start on there team
I was told that Lawrence was a bunch of 9th graders last year. Somebody not telling the truth here.
Don't buy the 9th graders bologna. If you had 9th and 10th graders like these guys have, you would start them too. I've seen Lawrence play 5 times over the last two years and I don't think Plainedge will score a point this game either, though Coach Mott might keep the score down in the 35-0 range so that he doesn't give too much away. Expect scores from Jones and Fragner and less Robinson. Sayville will struggle against them too I suspect. Defensively, Jones, Robinson and Tyler Fredericks are just too good and for smallish guys, Grandy, Leone and little Mavruk are beasts.
Sachem east dad

Springfield, MA

#4081 Nov 20, 2012
What is Floyd going to do with no pat Walsh herd he got kicked off the team for having drugs in school.

Lets go east
Fb fan

Brooklyn, NY

#4082 Nov 20, 2012
Classy Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't buy the 9th graders bologna. If you had 9th and 10th graders like these guys have, you would start them too. I've seen Lawrence play 5 times over the last two years and I don't think Plainedge will score a point this game either, though Coach Mott might keep the score down in the 35-0 range so that he doesn't give too much away. Expect scores from Jones and Fragner and less Robinson. Sayville will struggle against them too I suspect. Defensively, Jones, Robinson and Tyler Fredericks are just too good and for smallish guys, Grandy, Leone and little Mavruk are beasts.
no one saying u shouldn't start a 9th or 10 grader but seniors are ur leaders . Plus at this time a year there are no secrets between teams sayville has every game law played this year and law has there's it's about matchups... Law has the edge I would agree return entire defense from last year and jones ( Simon ) is alot better in the 4-3 defense .. I do think plainedge will score though w franger at qb but it will be a blowout 47-14 in that range
Da Fan

White Plains, NY

#4083 Nov 20, 2012
Sachem east dad wrote:
What is Floyd going to do with no pat Walsh herd he got kicked off the team for having drugs in school.
Lets go east
I really don't believe this. Can someone confirm if this is true?
Suffolk1

Manorville, NY

#4084 Nov 20, 2012
Suff III wrote:
All the Suffolk teams have only 5 days.
Last year the Div/Conf 1 drew a higher attendance than all 3 other Division championship games combined and both section VIII and Section XI broke even.
I have paid $24.00 to watch 4 games. I think this is a bargain to see playoff team battle it out. Why do I get my hand stamped? Why do I not get a ticket with a number on it?? The current system has NO CHECKS & BALANCES!!!! Why not???? I'm sure if all four games were sellouts the two sections would break even the way they handle finances!!!!! Probably a good reason why the games are still being played at Hofstra. The good old boy club!!
Just my observation and skepticism.
I think a lot of people have that very same observation brother. Last year I paid for 8 people CASH ONLY, handed the guy a $50 he told me I needed exact amount he had no change and no hand stamper. Yeah right keep the 2 bucks. I'm paying for 12 at 1 of the games this weekend maybe I'll ask for a receipt, see how that works out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 15 min Nbam 656
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 33 min Maude 16,706
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 35 min Paul Yanks 311,692
Giuliani STFU you are not mayor anymore 45 min Hater 30
Unemployment rate at 5.8%, great job Obama 1 hr Proud Liberal 6
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Jack 35,196
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 307,064

Astoria News Video

Astoria Dating
Find my Match