Comments
3,621 - 3,640 of 10,314 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Suff III

East Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4020
Nov 18, 2012
 
Miller Place gets dumped again in the playoffs. Hard to believe that they thought they were sooo good and ended up being just losing again to a team they should have easily beaten. Nice job WHB we look foward to seeing again at Stonybrook.
New fan

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4022
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

FSN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I did and I believe Joe C threw a touchdown pass to Robinson at the end of third quarter what game were you watching?
Just watched the game online. That score came with 5:01 left in the third, so just past halfway in the 3rd quarter. It was slip screen I believe not a downfield bomb. Capobianco and company never went back in after that. I don't have a problem with the way Lawrence is playing. I don't think they "ran it up". They just play their game for 3quarters and run their offense. I think the problem is on the VSS coaches. They looked to be playing man on the lawrence receivers and didn't get out of it at halftime. Lets be honest, both Lawrence and Sayville are going through the motions just to get to the big game. I think both teams have crushed their opponents for 3 quarters and then allow their 2's to finish the game. If you look at the 4th quarter scores for both teams on Newsday I havent noticed a starter for both schools score in the 4th and they seam to give up points in the 4th which tells me they are playing other kids. Kudos to both programs and can't wait for the fireworks we have all been waiting for!!!
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4023
Nov 18, 2012
 
Lawrence Forever wrote:
Congrats to all of the teams that are still playing in Nassau and Suffolk. ALL of you guys stay focused and don't let those haters get to you. You will always have people complaining about WINNING programs!!! Coaches have your boys develop thick skin and keep their composure for the duration of the season. Good luck to ALL, stay healthy, remain humble and have FUN!!!
. Well said
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4024
Nov 18, 2012
 
New fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just watched the game online. That score came with 5:01 left in the third, so just past halfway in the 3rd quarter. It was slip screen I believe not a downfield bomb. Capobianco and company never went back in after that. I don't have a problem with the way Lawrence is playing. I don't think they "ran it up". They just play their game for 3quarters and run their offense. I think the problem is on the VSS coaches. They looked to be playing man on the lawrence receivers and didn't get out of it at halftime. Lets be honest, both Lawrence and Sayville are going through the motions just to get to the big game. I think both teams have crushed their opponents for 3 quarters and then allow their 2's to finish the game. If you look at the 4th quarter scores for both teams on Newsday I havent noticed a starter for both schools score in the 4th and they seam to give up points in the 4th which tells me they are playing other kids. Kudos to both programs and can't wait for the fireworks we have all been waiting for!!!
. What is wrong with a 3rd qtr TD pass nothing
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4025
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Fb fan wrote:
You think Lawrence blows out sayville in the lic this year
. This is the game of the year with the 2 best teams on Li playing in it. Both schools have been awesome lawrence I watched 2 times this year they are so talented one of the best hs football teams on Li I have ever seen. They still have 2 games to win though. Hofstra field a disgrace I agree. Capobianci kid and Robinson kid are awesome.
Bubba

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4026
Nov 18, 2012
 
New fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just watched the game online. That score came with 5:01 left in the third, so just past halfway in the 3rd quarter. It was slip screen I believe not a downfield bomb. Capobianco and company never went back in after that. I don't have a problem with the way Lawrence is playing. I don't think they "ran it up". They just play their game for 3quarters and run their offense. I think the problem is on the VSS coaches. They looked to be playing man on the lawrence receivers and didn't get out of it at halftime. Lets be honest, both Lawrence and Sayville are going through the motions just to get to the big game. I think both teams have crushed their opponents for 3 quarters and then allow their 2's to finish the game. If you look at the 4th quarter scores for both teams on Newsday I havent noticed a starter for both schools score in the 4th and they seam to give up points in the 4th which tells me they are playing other kids. Kudos to both programs and can't wait for the fireworks we have all been waiting for!!!
Thank you for pointing this out. I was going to, but something tells me that it won't change the Sayville faithful's minds, so I figured what's the point.
Lawrence Forever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4027
Nov 19, 2012
 
Fb fan wrote:
You think Lawrence blows out sayville in the lic this year
I don't believe anyone of these teams will blow each other out this year. I will say it should be a VERY interesting game!!
WI Fan

Merrick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4028
Nov 19, 2012
 
Any thoughts on the Hansen this year?
Who are the top 3 at this point?
Da Fan

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4029
Nov 19, 2012
 
Freeport in the house wrote:
<quoted text>. This is the game of the year with the 2 best teams on Li playing in it. Both schools have been awesome lawrence I watched 2 times this year they are so talented one of the best hs football teams on Li I have ever seen. They still have 2 games to win though. Hofstra field a disgrace I agree. Capobianci kid and Robinson kid are awesome.
How can you say these are the two best teams on Long Island? Neither of them have played anyone decent. If Lawrence or Sayville beat teams from other divisions and from out of state then maybe you can call them the best on Long Island. I will agree they are both good but there is no way you can say they are the best considering they both played cup cake schedules.
Fb fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4030
Nov 19, 2012
 
If they both get there lawrence has the best passing game in the county..Sayville better running game.. Suffolk 3 stronger conference than Nassau 3 this year so at least sayville been a little tested .. If Lawrence gets good weather and can throw the ball I like them to win but not a blow out sayville has best coach in Suffolk
Pat-Med 88

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4031
Nov 19, 2012
 
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say these are the two best teams on Long Island? Neither of them have played anyone decent. If Lawrence or Sayville beat teams from other divisions and from out of state then maybe you can call them the best on Long Island. I will agree they are both good but there is no way you can say they are the best considering they both played cup cake schedules.


That's why I like the upstate format, they play non-league games during the regular season, and when it comes to the playoffs they play different sections. Look at Class AA Semi Finals, you had Section 6 Orchard Park vs Section 3 CBA, Section 2 Shaker vs Section 1 New Rochelle. In Class A you had Section 2 Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake vs Section 9 Cornwall Central and Section 4 Union-Endicott vs Section 6 Sweet Home.
Coach Joe Mottma Gandhi

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4032
Nov 19, 2012
 
HighSchoolBall wrote:
<quoted text>
Time will tell when Lawrence loses their studs those teams will never forget. Like you said they will remember. The cycle always comes.
Gotta agree with this - anyone remember what happened to N Babylon and Coach Manning after he lost Gwaltney, Baker & Co.? It's only a matter of time ... so enjoy beating up on the dregs too, for eventually you will join them.
F Fan

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4033
Nov 19, 2012
 
Any thoughts on the times of the SCC games. Three games on Sunday, 11, 3 and 6:30. One game Mon. at 6:30. The only games i've watched on Sunday at 11:00 is pee wee games. Seems that Stony Brook could be more accomadating for the money they receive. Maybe 3 and 7 on Friday and the same on Sunday. At least the field is decent. The condition of the Hofstra field is a total joke. Maybe Sections 8 and 11 both need to take a look at where these games should be played!
Fb fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4034
Nov 19, 2012
 
Yeah that would be nice but Long Island in order to compete in state tournament would have to realign all there conferences at start the season two weeks earlier.. Never happen non- league would be great.. But the system is all ready unfair the Suffolk schools are much bigger than Nassau schools.. Most Suffolk conf. 2 schools would be considered Nassau 1 schools becsuse of there enrollment.. Suffolk conf 3 schools would be considered Nassau 2.. Crazy but that what it is still the lic has been great for football it's our Super Bowl
TechBall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4035
Nov 19, 2012
 
Fb fan wrote:
If they both get there lawrence has the best passing game in the county..Sayville better running game.. Suffolk 3 stronger conference than Nassau 3 this year so at least sayville been a little tested .. If Lawrence gets good weather and can throw the ball I like them to win but not a blow out sayville has best coach in Suffolk
Sayville has a better running game than Lawrence are you serious? I saw Haggart run through big holes but I have seen Tyler Fredericks run over people. Also have you seen Jordan Fredericks run the Ball? How about Simon Jones? Sayville better ground game get real. Half of the QB's yds are from their running game. All those shovel passes that take from the RB's and give to the QB.
TechBall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4036
Nov 19, 2012
 
Coach Joe Mottma Gandhi wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta agree with this - anyone remember what happened to N Babylon and Coach Manning after he lost Gwaltney, Baker & Co.? It's only a matter of time ... so enjoy beating up on the dregs too, for eventually you will join them.
Give me a break Lawrence scored just as many points last year. The only difference was they let up more scores. This year their D is better the only difference.
Coach Joe Mottma Gandhi

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4037
Nov 19, 2012
 
Mass1 wrote:
<quoted text> Believe it or not sorry owl and the end result still is?!!!(Crickets)
Let me guess Mss: you're fat, old and slow ... not necessarily in that order either. I'm glad somebody finally burrowed a hole you know where. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.
Coach Joe Mottma Gandhi

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4038
Nov 19, 2012
 
TechBall wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a break Lawrence scored just as many points last year. The only difference was they let up more scores. This year their D is better the only difference.
Let me clarify. I'm not saying this year ... Rome was neither built nor destroyed in a day. Eventually the well will run dry. As for this year, I have to be honest, I just don't see Sayville staying within 4 touchdowns of Lawrence. I don't see them going score for score like last year in a shootout. Plus, Lawrence's coach is a really insecure guy, you better believe he'll try to score 80 points to erase the Long Island record 78 points scored against him by Sayville last year. Those are the facts. Sayville has its work cut out for them if they are able to escape Suffolk County. Give credit where it is due folks.
huh

Gaffney, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4039
Nov 19, 2012
 
huh
Fb fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4040
Nov 19, 2012
 
Yeah I think Sayville has better line.. In last years lic Siricio had 5 rushing tds most of them untouched . Law switched to a 4-3 def w jones in the middle it's very good but if there' weak it's up front .. Tyler and Jordan are talented players for sure but sayville has talented guys also.. I think Siricio will have to play some d for sayville to match up on perimeter but I guess we will c..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Astoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 307,158
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 14 min Bloody Bill Anderson 14,703
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 1 hr jimi-yank 113
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 8,969
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr jimi-yank 2,875
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr godless by choice 305,389
Queens man fatally shot in parked car, suspect ... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1

Search the Astoria Forum:
•••

Astoria News Video

•••
•••

Astoria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Astoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Astoria News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Astoria
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••