Cop: Man threw bottle at my head

Cop: Man threw bottle at my head

There are 8 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 13, 2007, titled Cop: Man threw bottle at my head. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A 21-year-old man was arrested on assault charges after he hurled a beer bottle at a deputy's head, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Since: Aug 07

B'More, MD and Lake County, FL

#1 Nov 13, 2007
I am glad that this is considered newsworthy in Lake County. If this happened in Orlando, or any other big city, no on would care.
dep

Sorrento, FL

#2 Nov 13, 2007
Rocko the Magnificent wrote:
I am glad that this is considered newsworthy in Lake County. If this happened in Orlando, or any other big city, no on would care.
This is very newsworthy. It's another successful tasing, instead of shooting the guy. Glad the deputy is ok.
Fat Albert

United States

#3 Nov 13, 2007
Sounds like Ernest T. Bass
Also bail is high. Probably should have just been summonsed not arrested
REMEMBER RODNEY KING

Kissimmee, FL

#4 Dec 1, 2007
The public must always bear in mind and remember that the defendant cannot -- without violating his "right to silence" defend himself from these allegations made by these officers. The one sided lying that these officers do on a regular basis is despicable. They have a need to justify their violent behavior towards defendants. Remember Rodney King? If it were not for an independent party filming the action of officers beating a man lying face down in the dirt -- what would have the OFFICIAL SPIN been? I think resisting arrest is the favorite. Thank God, for cameras in the hands of ordinary citizens. Lets not forget that Lake County has been mysteriously quiet about one of their own officers who was recently arrested in Orange County for INDECENT EXPOSURE -- strange silence, on a department that loves to put their spin out against defendants -- KNOWING the defendant cannot speak to defend themselves. That very same officer had control over hundreds of inmates at the Lake County Jail -- who knows how many people he molested while doing "thorough" searches of defendants under his control and care? Are they investigating any complaints made by inmates against this officer? Most likely not. Remember the THIN BLUE LINE? They close ranks around their own as they rape, molest, and injure the community at large -- we hear very little about those officers in the news -- but we hear alot about defendants they arrested. Whatever happened to Belinda Jackson? Do we hear anything about a REAL investigation of what happened to a woman who drove her car from DCF and killed herself? Not much. Again, that thin blue line...one lies and the other swears to it. So think twice about what you read in the papers about what "supposedly happened" we are dealing with people and just because their wearing a badge does not change the fact that officers will lie to cover themselves and their friends.
yothere

Springfield, MO

#5 Dec 2, 2007
test

Since: Aug 07

B'More, MD and Lake County, FL

#6 Dec 6, 2007
REMEMBER RODNEY KING wrote:
The public must always bear in mind and remember that the defendant cannot -- without violating his "right to silence" defend himself from these allegations made by these officers. The one sided lying that these officers do on a regular basis is despicable. They have a need to justify their violent behavior towards defendants. Remember Rodney King? If it were not for an independent party filming the action of officers beating a man lying face down in the dirt -- what would have the OFFICIAL SPIN been? I think resisting arrest is the favorite. Thank God, for cameras in the hands of ordinary citizens. Lets not forget that Lake County has been mysteriously quiet about one of their own officers who was recently arrested in Orange County for INDECENT EXPOSURE -- strange silence, on a department that loves to put their spin out against defendants -- KNOWING the defendant cannot speak to defend themselves. That very same officer had control over hundreds of inmates at the Lake County Jail -- who knows how many people he molested while doing "thorough" searches of defendants under his control and care? Are they investigating any complaints made by inmates against this officer? Most likely not. Remember the THIN BLUE LINE? They close ranks around their own as they rape, molest, and injure the community at large -- we hear very little about those officers in the news -- but we hear alot about defendants they arrested. Whatever happened to Belinda Jackson? Do we hear anything about a REAL investigation of what happened to a woman who drove her car from DCF and killed herself? Not much. Again, that thin blue line...one lies and the other swears to it. So think twice about what you read in the papers about what "supposedly happened" we are dealing with people and just because their wearing a badge does not change the fact that officers will lie to cover themselves and their friends.
I remember Rodney King and from what I remember Rodney King was (and still is ) and idiot. Had he pulled his car over when the officer told him to, the majority of his problems would have been avoided. Instead he led police on a chase at speeds of 110 miles per hour. Had Rodney King exited the vehicle and complied with the officers' commands, he would not have received the just desserts he received. Instead, he refused to get into the prone position and is seen lunging at one of the officers in the video. Rodney King was the architect of his own demise. And, let's not forget that your hero, Rodney King, was arrested on September 29, 2001 for indecent exposure and possession of PCP.

Now, as to this article, do you have any evidence to show that the defendant did not throw a bottle at the officer? If you do, you should present it. If you do not, then you should keep quiet. You offer not one shred of evidence that the officer referred to in this story is lying about anything. Then you go on a diatribe about how most police officers engage in serial lying. You sound like another career defendant that relies on the "The Man is keeping me down" excuse. All of your self inflicted victimhood has made you bitter. It is sad.
Mr Perfect

Kissimmee, FL

#7 Dec 6, 2007
Rocko the Magnificent wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Rodney King and from what I remember Rodney King was (and still is ) and idiot. Had he pulled his car over when the officer told him to, the majority of his problems would have been avoided. Instead he led police on a chase at speeds of 110 miles per hour. Had Rodney King exited the vehicle and complied with the officers' commands, he would not have received the just desserts he received. Instead, he refused to get into the prone position and is seen lunging at one of the officers in the video. Rodney King was the architect of his own demise. And, let's not forget that your hero, Rodney King, was arrested on September 29, 2001 for indecent exposure and possession of PCP.
Now, as to this article, do you have any evidence to show that the defendant did not throw a bottle at the officer? If you do, you should present it. If you do not, then you should keep quiet. You offer not one shred of evidence that the officer referred to in this story is lying about anything. Then you go on a diatribe about how most police officers engage in serial lying. You sound like another career defendant that relies on the "The Man is keeping me down" excuse. All of your self inflicted victimhood has made you bitter. It is sad.
Your right! Rodney King. Bad example. But the truth is that these cops do Lie. Yes anything they can manafest into a charge they will do. They justify it by saying they are protecting the public. But if you have to fabricate even the most minute detail of a situation you are not following the law. Which makes you worse than any criminal on the street as you use the law as a excuse. So to those Bite my nards!

Since: Aug 07

B'More, MD and Lake County, FL

#8 Dec 6, 2007
Mr Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>Your right! Rodney King. Bad example. But the truth is that these cops do Lie. Yes anything they can manafest into a charge they will do. They justify it by saying they are protecting the public. But if you have to fabricate even the most minute detail of a situation you are not following the law. Which makes you worse than any criminal on the street as you use the law as a excuse. So to those Bite my nards!
Your argument appears to be that all cops lie about all charges they bring. The use of hyperbole is sometimes an effective rhetorical tool, but not here. Do you have any evidence that the police officer in this story lied about the charges he brought? Can you show, through the use of concrete evidence, a patter of lying and deceit among Florida law enforcement officers. I know that you cannot. Until you pin on a badge and strap on a sidearm, you know not of what you speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr T C Reeves (Oct '15) Oct '15 Tim Reeves 1
News Horse Lemon Law (Mar '08) Sep '15 well 13
accident on highway 40 today (Jul '12) Jun '15 Deb 5
accident (Oct '14) Oct '14 gatordogodom 1
Debate: Romney-Ryan - Astor, FL (Sep '12) Sep '12 B Davis 1
Moose lodge (Sep '09) Aug '12 gatorman 2
Astor draw bridge (Mar '12) Mar '12 Heather 4

Astor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Astor Mortgages