Just out of jail, he steals second car

There are 17 comments on the Evening Sun story from Nov 27, 2009, titled Just out of jail, he steals second car. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A Gettysburg man who was arrested for stealing a pickup after it caught fire while he was driving pleaded guilty earlier this month to charges of stealing another vehicle just weeks after his release from prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

citizen

Port Royal, PA

#1 Nov 28, 2009
some people were just born stupid !
Kelli

Sykesville, MD

#2 Nov 28, 2009
He was turning his life around.
xxxxx

Beach Haven, NJ

#3 Nov 28, 2009
loser
James

Baltimore, MD

#4 Nov 28, 2009
This is the problem that I see with this situation. The state is only giving him a slap on the wrist. He got credit for time severd, so he really had to stay in jail a month longer after being sentenced. He spent over 5,000 on a stolen credit card and burnt up a vehicle that didn't belong to him. So, now he put at least two people in a financial difficulty in a really bad time. This time around he does the same thing and only gets a few months. He'll probably still get time served, and go back out doing the same thing. If he was given a five year probation sentence, why didn't he have five years added onto this sentence. I guess the Judge thought that it just sounded nice. We should all be so happy we have a liberal court system.
Loser

AOL

#5 Nov 28, 2009
What a complete FAILURE.
Adams resident

Long Branch, NJ

#6 Nov 28, 2009
I guess it's time to elect new judges who actually do their jobs and a new district attorney who prosecutes criminals and not just bargain with them to up his stats!
Hopeful

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Nov 29, 2009
Praying for you Josh.... this is not who Christ intended you to be.
GET TO THE POINT

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Nov 29, 2009
There's NO CURE for stupidity!
GET TO THE POINT

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Nov 29, 2009
3 to 24 more months for pleading guilty to the new charges? Anyone else think maybe this will be an ungoing trend and this slug has not nor ever will learn to keep his hands off someone else's property?
Informed Citizen

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Nov 29, 2009
I would like to point out to everyone that this guy also got 2 1/2 to 5 years upstate for the probation violation in addition to the 3 to 24 months for the new charges. That is not exactly what I would call a slap on the wrist.
Someone who cares

Scranton, PA

#11 Nov 29, 2009
Praying for you Josh - I know the past two years have been hard for you. For all those who want to criticize this young man, maybe you should know a little more about him first. Approximately a year and a half ago this young man lost his girlfriend in a drowning accident as he almost lost his life trying to save her. He had to watch her slip away knowing that he wasn't able to save her... now he is the one that needs saved. Yes, he still would know right from wrong and needs to be held accountable for his actions, but he certainly doesn't need the world criticizing him, don't you think he lives with that emotion of himself everyday? This is a spiritually lost young man. He needs our love and prayers. If you care not to share them with him, then sit back and be quite. You have no right to judge him. You have no idea how you would handle yourself having lived through something like that. My prayers are with you & your family Josh. Remember our God is a forgiving God. His hand is outreached for you to take hold of again.
a place for everything

Belleville, NJ

#12 Nov 29, 2009
sorry for his loss, but lost loved ones and never sole anything. he needs to deal with life not make excuses he knew what he was doing in both cases, you don't accidently steal trucks. I would like to see the punk try to steal my truck my brothers smith & wesson would have a little chat with him.
GET TO THE POINT

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Nov 30, 2009
TRAGEDY is part of life. Everyone has to face it at sometime or another BUT most don't steal to cover or make up for their anguish! Stop making excuses for this guy!!
Someone who cares

Scranton, PA

#14 Nov 30, 2009
a place for everything wrote:
sorry for his loss, but lost loved ones and never sole anything. he needs to deal with life not make excuses he knew what he was doing in both cases, you don't accidently steal trucks. I would like to see the punk try to steal my truck my brothers smith & wesson would have a little chat with him.
While you may have lost a loved one, did you actually witness them being sucked into death trying to reach out to them to save them, hearing them call your name desperately for help, only to have them slip away. That is something this young man must live with every day. Living that moment over and over again in his head. What started out as a fun afternoon of boating took a tragic turn in just a few short minutes. Yes, what he did was wrong and yes he must have to pay the consequences but he also needs help. He was a typical normal teenager until this tragedy struck, he's been lost and troubled ever since. You only know what you read in the papers and see on the news, you don't know the person and story behind them. I'm not saying now nor did I ever say that his crimes should go unpunished, I'm saying that he needs help, he needs love and support and prayer to help him overcome this tragedy so that he doesn't continue down this destructive path.
am in pa

New Columbia, PA

#15 Nov 30, 2009
yes, he should receive counseling...while he's serving jail time. A crime is a crime and this excuse after excuse is no reason to let him off again and again. That's why we have so many problems - there's always the perfect "reason" why it's not their fault. Hello! Yes, it is their fault! I've been through the ringer and back with abuse and instead of going out and committing crimes, I've used it to better myself, work hard and not be a victim any longer to idiots! The victims are the ones he stole from, not himself for experiencing a life tragedy.
GET TO THE POINT

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Nov 30, 2009
Many people rise above life's trials to become better people. Some use them as excuses to act out against society. Excuses aren't the accepted answer, personal responsibility is!
Nate

Baltimore, MD

#17 Nov 30, 2009
Someone who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
While you may have lost a loved one, did you actually witness them being sucked into death trying to reach out to them to save them, hearing them call your name desperately for help, only to have them slip away. That is something this young man must live with every day. Living that moment over and over again in his head. What started out as a fun afternoon of boating took a tragic turn in just a few short minutes. Yes, what he did was wrong and yes he must have to pay the consequences but he also needs help. He was a typical normal teenager until this tragedy struck, he's been lost and troubled ever since. You only know what you read in the papers and see on the news, you don't know the person and story behind them. I'm not saying now nor did I ever say that his crimes should go unpunished, I'm saying that he needs help, he needs love and support and prayer to help him overcome this tragedy so that he doesn't continue down this destructive path.
Just giving this scum a crutch. He deserves to be in jail. You wouldn't be making excuses for someone who stole your vehicle. He's a criminal and he deserves to rot in jail. Hard working people should enjoy the fruits of their labor. Not have a punk come by and ruin it for them. Bleeding heart liberals such as yourself should be the ones to sit back and shut up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aspers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
News Man wanted in connection with a sexual assault ... Nov '14 Crystal Ball 1
News Brian C. McCauslin Courtesy: Somerset County Pr... (Jun '11) Oct '14 bleuone 23
News Cumberland County man dies on railroad tracks (Mar '09) Oct '14 Jim Stephens 26
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mount Holly Springs, PA (May '11) Sep '14 KiMare 17
plane (Sep '14) Sep '14 Pink Eye 4
News Gettysburg man sentenced in burglary case (Aug '14) Aug '14 Steve Gratman 2
More from around the web

Aspers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]