Feds confirm chapel fire was arson

Feds confirm chapel fire was arson

There are 44 comments on the Evening Sun story from Dec 6, 2010, titled Feds confirm chapel fire was arson. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Federal investigators have confirmed it was an arson fire that burned to the ground the controversial Civil War Chapel in Gettysburg and damaged three neighboring buildings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
what town you livin in

New Bloomfield, PA

#42 Dec 10, 2010
PatriotPatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There is another neighborhood in Gettysburg which has houses not in the best condition. Some residents are low income, some are renters. People call those buildings eyesores. Compared to the bunting and clutter and the hodgepodge building of the chapel, those houses look fine. The chapel was a thrown together mess from the onset. It was an eyesore.
That's why the Chamber of Commerce gave it a beautification award just this past year right? Quite a difference from that "other" neighborhood you speak of.
PatriotPatty

Washington, DC

#43 Dec 10, 2010
what town you livin in wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why the Chamber of Commerce gave it a beautification award just this past year right? Quite a difference from that "other" neighborhood you speak of.
The Chamber of Commerce would give a beautification award to a bed of flowers if it occupied an otherwise vacant lot on a main street in Gettysburg. It wasn't the chapel that was beautiful - because it was an eyesore - but the fact that the lot wasn't empty that the Chamber liked.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#44 Dec 10, 2010
I'm still curious as to what constitutes an eyesore.
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#45 Dec 10, 2010
Activated by Scorpio Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't blame that sentiment on NCG. Locals vs. Tourists is an age old battle anywhere tourists go. Either you respect where you go, and the people there, or you don't. Not everyone does, so I understand why there's hostility sometimes.
There are folks on both sides who only serve to antagonize the other side, that's a way of life with any issue.
I like you, live in a tourist town,as well as my hometown Bethlehem, the Christmas city. There are jeers and cheers amongst the local folks here also. But whenever we venture into a new town, we must remember we are their guests. Respect of their town and our polite manners will make the visit pleasurable. HAPPY TRAILS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aspers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... (Feb '14) May '16 Davenport 15
News Man sentenced for spitting on state trooper, br... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Cumberland County bridge replacement plans now ... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' (Dec '15) Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9
News Adams County man accused of propositioning boy ... Feb '16 Davenport 8
News Gettysburg man sentenced in burglary case (Aug '14) Aug '14 Steve Gratman 2
News Aspers woman injured in accidental shooting (May '14) May '14 Pink Eye 6

Aspers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aspers Mortgages