Aspers teen denied bail in stabbing case

There are 20 comments on the The Evening Sun story from Sep 19, 2006, titled Aspers teen denied bail in stabbing case. In it, The Evening Sun reports that:

Taylor Scott Adams will remain behind bars without bail. The Aspers teen appeared in Adams County court Monday with his attorney, Steve Rice, to ask the judge to set bail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Evening Sun.

Jennifer Smith

Baltimore, MD

#1 Oct 3, 2006
Thank god! I am justins sister, Jen. I am very pleased about this. Everyone needs to realize he has to make himself look as good as he can. But everyone knows you cant use a knife on someone that has only fists. I still cannot accept this. It just unbelievable
Dee Ryan

AOL

#2 Oct 5, 2006
They never mention that there were TWO boys chasing/attacking Adams, who is several years younger and had no means of escape. I hardly think a 17-year-old is a high flight risk.
Becky

AOL

#3 Oct 31, 2006
Fists are not weapons? Ever heard of domestic violence?
Simple Truth

Rockville, MD

#4 Nov 1, 2006
Did you read what you wrote before posting it?? Guess what? FISTS ARE NOT WEAPONS! If you stab somebody with a knife it is assault WITH A DEADLY WEAPON! If you punch somebody it is ASSAULT with a......NOTHING...just Assault. If murderer had a knife on him it shows intent which is to say that he had expected a possibility that he would use it. Sounds to me like the Judge got the decisions right for a change. My condolences to the family of the murdered boy. May he rest in peace.
Becky wrote:
Fists are not weapons? Ever heard of domestic violence?
Sam

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2006
Listen becky beotch! Justin was a good guy, and taylor can suck and f hitler in hell! One of my friends loved Justin to death, and ur right fists arent weapons, but thats all he had compared to a knife... SO F YOU! Dont run ur mouth bout what ya dont know!
Jennifer smith

Baltimore, MD

#6 Apr 5, 2007
Dee Ryan wrote:
They never mention that there were TWO boys chasing/attacking Adams, who is several years younger and had no means of escape. I hardly think a 17-year-old is a high flight risk.
nobody was chasing taylor. Like i said he has to say anything to make himself look better. That boy went psycho on the wrong person because his two lovely friends who had to come out from jail to testify left him at the party. Taylor was 17 now 18 my brother was 20 and the other boy who was there was 18. That boy should have never had a knife. What he have it for if he never thought of using it. I suggest you know what your talking about before you write shit. we lost my brother to that punk. what are you friend with adams dee?
Becky

AOL

#7 May 9, 2007
Jennifer smith wrote:
<quoted text>nobody was chasing taylor. Like i said he has to say anything to make himself look better. That boy went psycho on the wrong person because his two lovely friends who had to come out from jail to testify left him at the party. Taylor was 17 now 18 my brother was 20 and the other boy who was there was 18. That boy should have never had a knife. What he have it for if he never thought of using it. I suggest you know what your talking about before you write shit. we lost my brother to that punk. what are you friend with adams dee?
I know of things your brother has done to other people, who didn't ask for trouble either. And if they didn't know him, and they weren't chasing him then why would this have even happened? They had a vehicle and they could have and should have left. Carrying a pocket knife certainly doesn't show "intent" to do anything. And his friend should be up assault charges.
Get Real

AOL

#8 May 9, 2007
I believe Becky was not implying that "fists" fall under the "weapon" category as defined by state law. Instead, she is merely pointing out that it is entirely possible to harm and/or kill a human using bare hands or "fists" alone. With that being said, a "fist" could certainly be a weapon (under the common sense law). That's the simple truth. A note for Sam: Please return to your English 101 course. When you are done there, please forward yourself to Manners 101. You are simply ignorant.
Simple Truth

Rockville, MD

#9 May 9, 2007
Dear Get Real

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)[web1913]:

Weapon \Weap"on\(?; 277), n.[OE. wepen, AS w?pen; akin to OS
w?pan, OFries w?pin, w?pen, D. wapen, G. waffe, OHG. waffan
w[=a]fan, Icel. v[=a]pn, Dan. vaaben Sw vapen, Goth. w?pna,
pl.; of uncertain origin. Cf {Wapentake}.]
1. An instrument of offensive of defensive combat; something
to fight with anything used or designed to be used in
destroying, defeating, or injuring an enemy, as a gun, a
sword, etc

weapon
n 1: weaponry used in fighting or hunting; "he was licensed to
carry a weapon"

Now that you have the definition of a weapon we can carry on an intelligent conversation.

Fists are not weapons. A weapon by its nature and by the above definition is something that is carried and utilized, a tool for inflicting harm or injury on others. A fist can inflict harm or injury but can never be defin ed as a weapon in any sense of the word. Your points with regards to Sam are well spoken.

Cheers
Get Real wrote:
I believe Becky was not implying that "fists" fall under the "weapon" category as defined by state law. Instead, she is merely pointing out that it is entirely possible to harm and/or kill a human using bare hands or "fists" alone. With that being said, a "fist" could certainly be a weapon (under the common sense law). That's the simple truth. A note for Sam: Please return to your English 101 course. When you are done there, please forward yourself to Manners 101. You are simply ignorant.
Get Real

AOL

#10 May 10, 2007
THE POINT IS: A fist can be used to harm and or kill another human just like a weapon.
Becky

AOL

#11 May 10, 2007
Dear Simple Truth - Intelligent people don't need to look words up in a dictionary in order to be able to speak "intelligently." With, or without a pocket knife, this person was in danger when there were TWO MEN against ONE BOY. They should have learned a long time ago about what bullying gets you.
Jen L

Baltimore, MD

#12 Jun 21, 2007
Justin was a friend of mine, and I think that this Taylor Adams prick should be rotting in that prison for the rest of his twisted little life. No one should be allowed to walk the face of this earth after killing another human being. It's sick. And all because of this asshole thinking he's tough shit at a party one night, a good friend is gone.

It makes me sick.
Katie

North Lewisburg, OH

#13 Jul 16, 2007
I went to school with taylor, and he was a bully, he would pick on anyone that had a weakness, even girls. but im happy yo say that on girl didnt take it, a girl named sarah b. beat the crap out of him b/c he wouldnt leave her alone. Apparently he just cried the whole time. I hate him, and he deserves to be in jail. He even beat up one of my "guyfriends" in seventh grade for no reason. i hope he drops the soap while his ass is locked up!
Jen L

Baltimore, MD

#14 Nov 20, 2007
Becky wrote:
Dear Simple Truth - Intelligent people don't need to look words up in a dictionary in order to be able to speak "intelligently." With, or without a pocket knife, this person was in danger when there were TWO MEN against ONE BOY. They should have learned a long time ago about what bullying gets you.
If you would have heard the message the prick left on Justin's friend's voicemail, you would see that this kid wasn't being "bullied" or whatever you are trying to say. He didnt sound scared or regretful at all. He was proud to have killed a man. It's sick. And you're sick if you are siding with Taylor.
update

York, PA

#15 Apr 17, 2009
for anybody dropping by this article.
just wanted to let you know that bitchasss taylor
got the shitt beat out of him upstate & of course
went into PC hiding because he couldnt handle it.
now he is in county prison, because hes a lil
pusssy. he can run all he wants but if hes smart
when he gets off his BS 3-5 bid he wont show his
face anywhere up the east coast. it is now 2009
& im still disgusted by even hearing his name. for
all you lil girls that left comments on here sticking up for him cause your PRESSED you got no
clue what your talkin about. i grew up with taylor
(not something to brag about) hes been psyco since
he was a kid. beat on his dog, threw things at me, yelled at everybody, & sat in a crawl space
all day & would scream at anybody who tried to
step foot near it. you all say he was "defending himself" WELL WHO GIVES A FUCKK. point blank. he
was always one to egg people on & could never
back up what he started! he could of held the
knife up to scare someone off but NO he was selfish & stabbed Justin it is COMMON SENSE if
somebody is stabbed there is a chance of death.
he KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING. nobody cares about his
sob story Justin was the victim NOT him. he wants
to claim "self defense" but after all was said &
done Justin was fighting for his life & Taylor +
Hess were calling around threatning to kill people. i believe taylors words were "yo were
fuckinn shiit up tonight you got anybody you want
us to take care of" SO ALL YOU DUMB PEOPLE THAT
DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKIN ABOUT..THINK ABOUT
THAT. & before you go around saying disrespectful
things like that..think about Justins family they
did not ask for any of this & now their life is
turned around. & most importantly whether you
liked him or not, Justin is dead. RESPECT HIM.
theres no coming back from that.
Damn

United States

#16 Apr 7, 2010
Hey update. Ya i can verify what you say. I have known him the longest out of anyone. Grew up with him since birth and got distant with him around the time he moved to Adams county. But ya at an early age he was pretty destructive kid.
Justin Watsons MOM

Hanover, PA

#17 Sep 8, 2010
The punk known as Taylor Adams gets out this month 9/2010. Keep looking over your shoulder pal. I have forgiven you only because it hindered my relationship with God. If you have changed then I am glad for you and your family but if you havent and if you have no remorse for taking my only son away from me and my family, then I will be happy to read your name in the paper stating that you are back in a cage where you belong. I truly hope you have asked God to forgive you. If you havent then He will have a special place in hell for you when you leave this earth. You never even said you were sorry to us. I have heard about you from people that went to school with you and I think you have been the same kind of person your whole life. Choose your friends wisely or you will be right back in where you jujst came from. They used you. They dont lilke you. Justin Hess? Why would anyone want to even breathe the same air he breathes?
HI HATERS

Hanover, PA

#18 Jan 10, 2011
People talk so much shit and DON'T even know the whole story.. Hes out of jail now way before sep.. so 2 words for you all,,,HI HATERS!!!!
izzy

Newark, NJ

#19 Sep 1, 2012
The dumbass is going back to prison for a dui. I spoke with the dude before and he had no remorse for what he did.
Peacekeeper

Hampstead, MD

#20 Oct 20, 2012
izzy wrote:
The dumbass is going back to prison for a dui. I spoke with the dude before and he had no remorse for what he did.
Lord have mercy. So many of you talking about what you don't even know. Killing someone no matter how why or wether you intended to or not is disgusting . his family is more then likely still mourning his death and will forever all of you stop being hateful and be respectful Taylor Adams was horrible and theirs a reason they found him guilty not everybody's prefect and I'm sure justin wasn't but he wasn't bad he didn't kill anybody and he didn't deserve to die . Taylor adams did kill someone and by doing that makes him horrible Stop being horrible some of the people on her make me really wonder bout ten human race and if we're really hat horrible selfish and heartless grow up have some manners and be respectful for the departed and their loved ones. My condolences to the family and friends of justin Watson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aspers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
News Man wanted in connection with a sexual assault ... Nov '14 Crystal Ball 1
News Brian C. McCauslin Courtesy: Somerset County Pr... (Jun '11) Oct '14 bleuone 23
News Cumberland County man dies on railroad tracks (Mar '09) Oct '14 Jim Stephens 26
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mount Holly Springs, PA (May '11) Sep '14 KiMare 17
plane (Sep '14) Sep '14 Pink Eye 4
News Gettysburg man sentenced in burglary case (Aug '14) Aug '14 Steve Gratman 2
More from around the web

Aspers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]