Aspers thefts probed

Aspers thefts probed

There are 27 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 12, 2009, titled Aspers thefts probed. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

The fire company that's been recently cut from two of its four townships and removed its own chief has another issue on its plate - the theft of more than $6,000 worth of equipment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
allis

Newville, PA

#21 Mar 16, 2009
In my young years I was an officer in both Aspers and Bendersville Fire Departments at different times. I have kept a close eye on both of them. I feel Bendersville is the stronger of the two and well be around long after Aspers are gone. There have been a lot said on this form some true and some not so true. You people should check your facts before post on here. I could tell you true items about both departments but it isn't going to straighten the problem out.
Ex Bendrsville Resident

Harrisburg, PA

#22 Mar 16, 2009
Well Local Yokel,

As I stated I was a member of both departments, so i think I have a little more knowledge about the situation than you! Why would a department (Bendersville) that does not have the infighting and trouble with the state want to absorb a department that does???? I understand the fighting needs to stop but lets shut down the department that isn't working!!!!!
menallen township

Bendersville, PA

#23 Mar 16, 2009
why accuse the former fire chief of stealing when he was the one who was a victim of a stolen leather helmet and accused a laptop being stolen when jake alexander lent the laptop out to be used and the laptop is not fire department property the former fire chief did not go to the other townships to have them removed chief 7 and cheif 6 did that themselves how can you remove someone that is trustworthy knowledgeable and wants to do what is right by the community when you have people in office now that are not trustworthy knowledgeable or there to support and serve the community?
Local Yokel

Harrisburg, PA

#24 Mar 17, 2009
Oh My, you really told me didn't you? I acquiese to all of your superior knowledge...please continue the finger pointing...once everyone figures out whose FAULT everything is, it will solve all the problems I'm sure. My only hope for the future is that more people WOULD move into this area and get involved, maybe from some less "backward" place where education and exposure to and knowledge of different opinions and the ability to WORK together to solve a common concern of the citizenry would be the priority instead of whatever this pointless bickering is proving. Please tell me more, I'm all ears....
MD dude

Mount Airy, MD

#25 Mar 17, 2009
At least its not Kingsdale
irony

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Mar 18, 2009
Birds of a feather flock together!
MD dude wrote:
At least its not Kingsdale
former resident

Warwick, RI

#27 Apr 15, 2010
Just to let everyone out there know jake alexander put his foot in his mouth again he willingly pulled aspers ambulance out of repo status just to go to a township meeting and say 8a is no longer the ambulance is finished he requested that the territory be split between biglerville bendersville and york springs and I'm sure there will be a cumberland county ambulance in the mix as well the ambulance was repoed then the sheriff shows up to pick it up as collateral for something jake took a loan out for he got it back then pulled the plug so the people of the community no longer have to be afraid of an ambulance company and the people running it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aspers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PA Lottery Powerball Ticket Worth $100,000 Sold... Oct '16 Anonymous 3
News Biglerville man caught stealing woman's underwe... (Jul '15) Sep '16 Panty Sniffer 6
News York Springs hires new tax collector aftera Aug '16 honest3tax2collec... 1
News Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... (Feb '14) May '16 Davenport 15
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' (Dec '15) Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9
News Gettysburg man sentenced in burglary case (Aug '14) Aug '14 Steve Gratman 2
News Aspers woman injured in accidental shooting (May '14) May '14 Pink Eye 6

Aspers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aspers Mortgages