Finding Relatives
Monika Watson

UK

#1 Apr 3, 2006
Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can help. I live in the UK and I'm trying to find out about my relatives. My Grandfather, James Leach, lived in Askov up until the mid-eighties when sadly, he passed away. I be really thrilled if anyone knew of any of the remaining Leach family in or around Askov.

Many thanks!!
Heidi

New Market, MN

#2 Aug 9, 2006
Hi Monika, I just came across your post because I was looking for articles on askov. I live in askov, actually 4 miles east of askov. originally, i am from germany. i just happen to know someone in askov. his name is also jim leach and i know he is from askov. if you are interested, maybe i can find out if he would be willing to help you and forward his address and phone number.
Monika Watson

UK

#3 Dec 20, 2007
Hi Heidi,

Wow! Just saw your reply after all this time. You probably no longer log on! if you do and can help me more I'd be so grateful. Many thanks!
Kristi

Champlin, MN

#4 Jan 31, 2011
Hi there: I knew Jim Leach, Sr. and Jr. Jackie Leach, daughter, was my friend and they moved into the house in Askov that my great-grandfather built. Jim was married to Betty and their kids were Jim, Bob, Vicki, Jackie, and Brian (I think). They should all be 50 and older by now (2011). Jim Jr. has apparently passed away which was why I was googling his name and found this post.

Jim worked for the federal prison (FCI) in Sandstone, MN for a long time. It is minimum security, so sometimes the inmates came over on Sunday and played volleyball with us gals which I'm sure they don't let you do anymore and might not have been the smartest thing in the world.

Contact me if you'd like more info and I can try to help you.
Steve

United States

#5 Feb 1, 2011
Kristi wrote:
Hi there: I knew Jim Leach, Sr. and Jr. Jackie Leach, daughter, was my friend and they moved into the house in Askov that my great-grandfather built. Jim was married to Betty and their kids were Jim, Bob, Vicki, Jackie, and Brian (I think). They should all be 50 and older by now (2011). Jim Jr. has apparently passed away which was why I was googling his name and found this post.
Jim worked for the federal prison (FCI) in Sandstone, MN for a long time. It is minimum security, so sometimes the inmates came over on Sunday and played volleyball with us gals which I'm sure they don't let you do anymore and might not have been the smartest thing in the world.
Hi Kristi, I was also wondering the status of Jim Leach, I grow up and was pretty close to Peggy Leach's son. I knew Jackie and was up in Alaska for a while when she was up there. What is the status of Jim? Please respond to [email protected], thanks.
Monica

Hoddesdon, UK

#6 Feb 19, 2011
Oh my goodness, I have just logged on after several years and saw this posting, I really hope you see this and can get back in contact. I read some tragic news about one of the family members a couple of years ago, but wasn't able to make contact. My email is [email protected] Would love it if you could help??! Thank you!
Kristi wrote:
Ted

Washington, UT

#7 Feb 4, 2012
I am trying to find anyone that is related to Kenneth Andrew Jensen. His wife's name was Irene Iva. I believe they had one son also named Kenneth Andrew Jensen. I believe the father (Senior) died in Askov in 1988. Irene Iva had been married previously to Charles Edward Williams and had 6 children. These children may not have lived with their mother at the time. I would appreciate any info anyone can give me. My email is: [email protected]
Thanks.
alison weaver

King's Lynn, UK

#8 Feb 11, 2012
hi there just wondering if anyone can help me been trying to lacate my family member that live in the USA not sure where they all are now all I can tell you is that my Grandfather was called James Leach and he lived in Askov Minnesota his wife was called Betty(Alice) they had children called Peggy Brian Vicki Shiela Jackie Jimmy and Robert(Bob) there may have been more but I cannot remember. i went for a visit around 30 years ago kept intouch for while after that then when my Grandfather died in the mid to late 80s I just lost contact you know how it is I had a new family of my own and well the rest is history I just feel I would like to get back in contact with them if they where willing we enough of me going on hopefully someone will be able to help me thanks so much take care all Alison xx
travis conrad

Sandstone, MN

#9 Feb 11, 2012
hello monika, James leach is my grandfather. and vicki is my mother . we live in finlayson mn. IF YOU NEED HELP CONTACTING ANY OF THE OTHER RELATIVES MY EMAIL IS [email protected] looking forward to hearing from you in the future.
Jackie Rupnik

Delavan, WI

#10 Feb 11, 2012
alison weaver wrote:
hi there just wondering if anyone can help me been trying to lacate my family member that live in the USA not sure where they all are now all I can tell you is that my Grandfather was called James Leach and he lived in Askov Minnesota his wife was called Betty(Alice) they had children called Peggy Brian Vicki Shiela Jackie Jimmy and Robert(Bob) there may have been more but I cannot remember. i went for a visit around 30 years ago kept intouch for while after that then when my Grandfather died in the mid to late 80s I just lost contact you know how it is I had a new family of my own and well the rest is history I just feel I would like to get back in contact with them if they where willing we enough of me going on hopefully someone will be able to help me thanks so much take care all Alison xx
Hi this is Jackie, I would love to hear from you. I have been corresponding with Monika Watson. My email is [email protected] hope to hear from you
eilene

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Mar 28, 2012
I'm looking for Paul and Judith Burson who have lived in Ironton, Deerwood or Bruno, MN. They were dear friends of my family and I have lost track of them. Can anyone help me? eilene

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Askov Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religious Leader Accused Of Sex Abuse Returned ... Jun '16 wichita-rick 9
Election Brian Klar (Dec '10) Jun '16 Steve 7
Craig (shorty) welnitz Feb '16 Rick 1
News Askov Finlayson + The Bachelor Farmer Candles: ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 USA USA USA USA 3
News Duck hunter goes missing on Pine County lake (Nov '15) Nov '15 Carrie 1
News Person Dead After Being Hit by Truck Near Hinckley (Mar '13) Oct '15 Glosnumberone 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17

Askov Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Askov Mortgages