Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
so those seniors with low incomes in the US that got cheaper heating oil were kept poor by Chavez?
Ask the people of Venezuela how selling cheap oil in the US kept them out of proverty....it didn't.
B Clinton

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Hey ya all. I'm new here and I'm a lookin fer a good lookin gal. I have a little woman at home. Wellnot little, more like a cow and big ole bags under her eyes and long stringy hair. My little woman stammers when she talks, always says "ah, ya know". That jist drives me up the dang gone wall.

Some dude told me,n I gots to look outside the democratic party if I wants a good looker. I thinks he's a right on target. I show don't know why I joined a party with dippy lookin women, the ladies of the GOP are Gorgeous Or Pretty.

I'm a hopin my little woman doesn't catch me here. I got us into some trouble back in 98-99. My big ole butt was kicked pretty dang gone good.

Well any good lookers out this just send me a post.

You can call me Bubba if you want cause I'm a good ole boy from Arkansas.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Wolfgang wrote:
<quoted text>Ask the people of Venezuela how selling cheap oil in the US kept them out of proverty....it didn't.
and you did not answer if the low income people in the US were kept in poverty by Chavez?
so did low income US citizens benefit from Chavez?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary Clinton never had a stroke.
Why did she drop out of sight for six weeks?

Don't tell me you believe that flu/fainting/concussion crap.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did she drop out of sight for six weeks?
Don't tell me you believe that flu/fainting/concussion crap.
Because she was dehydrated, fell and hit her head, then developed a dangerous blood clot.

I believe that because it's what happened. There's no sane reason to doubt it.

But maybe you can tell me where the symptoms of her so-called stroke are? See any here? Any AT ALL?
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

LMAO!
D Cheney

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

In a speech slamming Sen. Rand Paul on the Senate floor this morning, Sen. John McCain quoted heavily from a Wall Street Journal editorial that charged Paul's marathon filibuster on Wednesday was a "political stunt."

The editorial took a shot — which McCain chose to repeat — at what they saw were Paul's intended targets in his filibuster of CIA Director nominee John Brennan: young libertarians.

"If Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stunts that fire up impressionable libertarian kids in their college dorms," McCain said, quoting the Journal. "He needs to know what he's talking about."

McCain called Paul's concern over the Obama administration's drone program "totally unfounded."

LØØK HERE:

http://www.businessinsider.com/mccain-rand-pa...
Mr Death

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Wolfgang wrote:
proof that there is no God; Hugo Chavez who helped the poor died of cancer at 58, Dick Cheney the murderous war criminal is still alive.
Proof there is a God; Hugo Chavez who robbed the poor, died of cancer at 58.
Mr Death

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

D Cheney wrote:
In a speech slamming Sen. Rand Paul on the Senate floor this morning, Sen. John McCain quoted heavily from a Wall Street Journal editorial that charged Paul's marathon filibuster on Wednesday was a "political stunt."
The editorial took a shot — which McCain chose to repeat — at what they saw were Paul's intended targets in his filibuster of CIA Director nominee John Brennan: young libertarians.
"If Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stunts that fire up impressionable libertarian kids in their college dorms," McCain said, quoting the Journal. "He needs to know what he's talking about."
McCain called Paul's concern over the Obama administration's drone program "totally unfounded."
LØØK HERE:
http://www.businessinsider.com/mccain-rand-pa...
McCain sold his soul years ago and your post is very misleading.
Mr Death

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

G Bush wrote:
<quoted text>God does have a sense of humor he wants to watch the bastid suffer for another 20 years
only thing is with all his money he aint enjoying it....LOL!
What is bastid and aint?

Doesn't look like he suffered much to me. Accomplished more in life than you could ever think of, wealthy, best of health care and has been kept alive for 20 plus years. It's not his time to go, he has much to offer the world still.

You, on the other hand have nothing to help mankind except to copy and paste and lie....LOL! You are a waste of valuable oxygen.
Wolfgang

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
and you did not answer if the low income people in the US were kept in poverty by Chavez?
so did low income US citizens benefit from Chavez?
Sure I answered, you just didn't like the answer.
Here let me spell it out...in simple terms...
Chavez was the communist president in Venezeula, not the U.S.
curious George

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Mr Death wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is very interesting..very, very interesting. I reckon God figured the people of Venezuela have suffered enough and it's time for the dictator to go.
Aunt Bea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Dreadful,dreadful people. Ooooooooooh Andy !!!
RMNixon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

So this is why Al Gore Invented the internet?
RMNixon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she was dehydrated, fell and hit her head, then developed a dangerous blood clot.
I believe that because it's what happened. There's no sane reason to doubt it.
But maybe you can tell me where the symptoms of her so-called stroke are? See any here? Any AT ALL?
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
LMAO!
Hillary has a nice bum.Much nicer than Pat's,but at least she put out. No wonder Bill played the field.And have you seen Chelsea? One Butt Ugly Broad! But hey,not every bimbo can look like Amy Carter.I bet you like them bums. Dontcha Dan?
RMNixon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

I went bird hunting with Dick Cheney. I lived to tell about it.
I went skin hunting with Bill Clinton. I got herpes.
I went job hunting with Barry Obama.I got welfare.
Abe Lincoln

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Mr Death wrote:
<quoted text> McCain sold his soul years ago and your post is very misleading.
Misleading? How? LMAO
Wolfgang

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

When millions of Venezuelans and South Americans sadly pay homage to Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, it’s a little hard for the U.S. authorities and corporate media to peddle the lie that he was a “communist dictator”.

Quite the contrary…

Chávez demonstrated what a real Democratic leader does for the people of his country. Democracy was no myth to Hugo Chávez. That’s why it’s absurd to hear the U.S. corporate media (an extension of the oil and weapon industries) demonize Chávez in the attempt to paint him as a “dictator” and that he didn’t improve the conditions of poverty, which, ironically, was mostly created from U.S. corporate policies and intervention: reaping the profits-revenues from South American resources, everything from fruits to oil to coal, and leaving nothing for the people prior to Chávez’s leadership.

The U.S. government, represented by the oil and weapon industries, never liked President Hugo Chávez essentially because he 1) nationalized the oil and used the revenue for rebuilding Venezuela’s economy with the attempt to lift all boats, especially the poor, and 2) he was against wars. He was dedicated to creating a real social democracy, unlike U.S. officials who are dedicated to enriching themselves and their masters: the 1 percent corporate oligarchs.
The United States is not a democracy: it is a corporate police state. Thanks to the Bush and Obama administrations, we don’t even have the fundamental right that defines a civil society: habeas corpus; and our constitutional rights have been replaced with the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act), which eliminated any shred of due process and individual privacy.

Economically, under U.S. policy, the pie chart looks something like this: a thousand or so wealthy families have rigged the system and now possess most of the global wealth pie with the exception of about 10 percent (one slice of pie) remaining for billions of people to fight over. It is a state that crushes earned benefits for the working people, labor rights, environmental protection, and opportunities to improve economic standing. The corporate state globally reduces wages to 50 cents a day in sweat shops; it is a rigged system that produces enormous profits for the few oligarchs and Wall Street profiteers while the U.S. middle class economy collapses from their policies commonly defined as “vulture capitalism” or “totalitarian capitalism.” It is a vulgar system that allows Big Oil, Chemical, Coal and Big Pharma polluters to eviscerate our environment—all for profits for the few.

http://truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/ite...
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Wolfgang wrote:
<quoted text>Hugo Chavez helped the poor alright....he helped to keep them poor
In his New Yorker assessment, Jon Lee Anderson summarized George W. Bush’s disdain towards Chavez, but he is wrong to say that Chavez blamed Americans. He was angry specifically and only at G.W. Bush. If Chávez had blamed Americans, would he have supplied free propane-gas for poor elderly people in the United States who would have otherwise frozen to death? U.S. oil companies refused to help. Anderson writes that when an attempted “coup d’etat by a cabal of right-wing politicians, businessman, and military men tried to overthrow Chávez, he was…detained, before he was freed and allowed to resume office. The coup against Chávez had failed, but not before the plotters had apparently received a wink and a nod from the Bush Administration. Chávez never forgave the Americans. Thereafter, his anti-American rhetoric became more heated, and whenever possible he sought to discomfit Washington. Chávez closed U.S. military liaison offices in Venezuela, and ended coöperation with the Drug Enforcement Administration.”

Correction: Chávez’s anti-Bush rhetoric, not anti-American rhetoric.

Hugo Chávez “was a champion for the poor, for social justice, against imperialism, against aggression, against war,” in the words of Eva Golinger. That is why U.S. corporatists hated him. And the American people were and are never given a chance to know the real Hugo Chávez due to the U.S. government-corporate propaganda networks.

Dave Rogers

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Mr Death wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of Venezuelans came out to grieve over the death of President Hugo Chávez. He was no dictator. Dictators are not loved by millions of people. He was a true Democratic President – unlike our government officials and Presidents that are bought and owned by the very oligarchs that have obliterated our democracy and replaced it with a corporate police state that benefits a few thousand corporatists while millions of people scramble to get by on the crumbs that are left. Selfishly and stupidly, they’re pushing this radical agenda of inequality of wealth to such extremes that it is bound to burst into catastrophic consequences: anarchy and chaos.

So the next time our politicians want to demonize Hugo Chávez or call him a dictator, a commie, I suggest that they should at least be honest and wear their sponsors’ logos on their suits at all times, and especially during campaigns when they give speeches, they should wear their corporate logo-ads on their lapels (instead of the U.S. flag), on their sleeves, on their pants, their ties, just like at the NASCAR races: Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Shell Oil, Exxon-Mobil, Monsanto, Johnson-Johnson, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Koch, Dow … that way, they can’t even fool each other when they give their empty speeches.

Maisa

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

If you want to learn about human rights in Venezuela before Hugo Chavez, type “Caracazo” into Google, and do so with a strong stomach. Back in 1989, then-President Carlos Andrés Pérez won an election on a fiery platform of resisting free-market dogma: the IMF was “a neutron bomb that killed people, but left buildings standing,” he proclaimed.

But after safely making it to the presidential palace, he dramatically u-turned, unleashing a programme of privatisation and neo-liberal shock therapy. With gas subsidies removed, petrol prices soared, and impoverished Venezuelans took to the streets. Soldiers mowed protesters down with gunfire. Up to 3,000 perished, a horrifying death toll up there with the Tienanmen Square Massacre – in a country with a population 43 times smaller.

It was his abortive coup attempt against Pérez's murderous, rampantly corrupt government in 1992 that launched Chavez to prominence. Though locked away, Chavez became an icon for Venezuela's long-suffering poor. By the time he won a landslide victory in 1998 on a promise to use the country's vast oil wealth to help the poor, Venezuela was a mess. Per capita income had collapsed to where it had been in the early 1960s. One in three Venezuelans lived on less than $2 a day. Oil revenues were squandered.

Over the coming days, you will be repeatedly told that Hugo Chavez was a dictator. A funny sort of dictator: there have been 17 elections and referenda since 1998. Perhaps you think they were rigged. When he won by a huge margin in 2006, former US President Jimmy Carter was among those declaring he had won “fairly and squarely”.

At the last election in October 2012, Carter declared that,“of the 92 elections that we've monitored, I would say the election process in Venezuela is the best in the world.” I was there: perhaps you think I was like those hopelessly naïve Western leftists who visited Potemkin villages in Stalinist Russia.

I was with a genuinely independent election commission, staffed with both pro-Chavez and anti-Chavez sympathisers, who had previously been invited by the opposition to run their own internal elections. We met with senior opposition figures who railed against Chavez, but acknowledged that they lived in a democracy. When they lost the election, they accepted it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/h...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ashville Discussions

Search the Ashville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Eddie Swindell 3,824
Relocating to the area Jul 8 Patricia 1
Review: The Homebrew & Hobby Shop LLC May '14 Jackie 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
Gallitzen Hotel Apr '14 Exnewken 1
murray st Mar '14 shasta 1
grace mcguire (Nov '11) Mar '14 gary 5
•••
•••
•••
Ashville Dating

more search filters

less search filters