John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47669 Feb 28, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
What if there is a break even point?
Say the tax revenues from the owners of prime real estate of coastal Florida or NC outer banks development yields a tiny return. Keep insuring them at a cost to everyone else?
What about New Orleans? From what I see, that city is doomed to submersion. The aftermath of Katrina was a prime time to relocate it a few miles to higher ground.
Your analysis fails because real estate taxes benefit only local government, while disaster aid comes from federal taxpayers.

Low-lying areas of New Orleans should be abandoned to nature.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47670 Feb 28, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you honestly claiming that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate?
Are you actually claiming that there are not professional experts in the earth's climate?
Come on now - be serious.
Name a university that offers a doctorate in "climatology" or any organization that certifies "climatologists", other than TV stations for the 11 PM news.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47671 Feb 28, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
So you tune into the 11pm news to get the 5-day climate forecast, do you?
LOL! If you don't even know the difference between climate and weather, it's no wonder you believe there's legitimate scientific controversy regarding man-made global warming - you are embarrassingly uninformed/misinformed about climate and climate change.
Many scientists believe that the level of solar activity has far greater effect on our climate than does the activities of man.

"Man-made climate change" is a political movement to restrict growth, not a scientific fact.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#47674 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a university that offers a doctorate in "climatology" or any organization that certifies "climatologists", other than TV stations for the 11 PM news.
LOL! I see you're avoiding my question by asking irrelevant questions.

Tell you what - I'll answer yours then you answer mine. I'll even go first...

5 universities that offer PhD degrees in climatology:
George Mason University,
University of Delaware,
University of South Florida,
Ohio State,
Utah State,
University of Miami

So - are you seriously suggesting that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#47675 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many scientists believe that the level of solar activity has far greater effect on our climate than does the activities of man.
"Man-made climate change" is a political movement to restrict growth, not a scientific fact.
Then they are in a tiny minority. Something like 99% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real and is caused by the activities of man.

Man-made climate change is evidence-based science.

Skepticism of it is politically motivated and based on an ideology and not evidence.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47679 Feb 28, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I see you're avoiding my question by asking irrelevant questions.
Tell you what - I'll answer yours then you answer mine. I'll even go first...
5 universities that offer PhD degrees in climatology:
George Mason University,
University of Delaware,
University of South Florida,
Ohio State,
Utah State,
University of Miami
So - are you seriously suggesting that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate?
The Ohio State University does not list a graduate program in "Climatology."

The others are insignificant schools not worth the effort of checking.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#47681 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ohio State University does not list a graduate program in "Climatology."
The others are insignificant schools not worth the effort of checking.
You asked for one and I gave you six. Now you want to change the terms of your request.

This is what a person does who can't defend his argument with evidence.

BTW - why haven't you answered my questions? You demand that I answer yours, so I did. Why won't you show me the same courtesy?

Since: Feb 13

Philadelphia, PA

#47685 Feb 28, 2013
LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
youre a douche bag son
Thank you for the compliment. You could have trolled and made fun of my many typo's but you went the easy route and pulled out a saying that was full of wits and never used in regards of being left speechless on some fact and trust. i can leave another ramble with resources and links that will contain full facts and data of all i spoke about. would you like to see that, or is a douche bag unable of doing such a thing? I mean I just lost my job friday to a corporation who's Union Contract is coming up in May. Being a new Employee and only one paycheck away from getting into this companies union with my paycheck dues, I was fired, and you know why? Because I have a very clean understanding of Labor Laws and Civil rights, and I pointed that out to those working for 10-15-20 years at this company talking about how every contract comes and goes and nothing gets done, and well it was sad i had to point out they were fighting for already state given rights and given up on the same. It does not pay to be informed in this society. Either you can balk and be told the truth and instead of debate it and say your wrong,or say but do you also know? and shed some light on your views and facts, or etc, you have a simple reply yor a douche bag. well if being a douche bag comes with not being a following hypocrite that has no problem taking heat when he is wrong, but has no problem backing up the facts he speaks on, if that=a douche bag, well a proud douche bag I am.
Gringo

Washington, DC

#47691 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Government disaster relief should not be eligible for use to rebuild in a flood plain.
WOW....you're really deep.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47697 Mar 1, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for one and I gave you six. Now you want to change the terms of your request.
This is what a person does who can't defend his argument with evidence.
BTW - why haven't you answered my questions? You demand that I answer yours, so I did. Why won't you show me the same courtesy?
The University of Delaware does not award a Ph.D. in "Climatology."

Find one that does and provide a link.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#47698 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The University of Delaware does not award a Ph.D. in "Climatology."
Find one that does and provide a link.
LOL! You asked for ONE and I gave you SIX. Now you're demanding a link. Jesus, grow up.

It's your turn. Answer my question and I'll give you links.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47699 Mar 1, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You asked for ONE and I gave you SIX. Now you're demanding a link. Jesus, grow up.
It's your turn. Answer my question and I'll give you links.
Already checked two of your six and found them to be inaccurate.

What is your question?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#47702 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Already checked two of your six and found them to be inaccurate.
What is your question?
Are you claiming that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate? Are you claiming that there are not professional experts in the earth's climate?

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

#47704 Mar 1, 2013
That is what he is claiming. The fixed news network told him and Limbaugh backed it up so it must be true, huh?
Gringo

Baltimore, MD

#47705 Mar 1, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate? Are you claiming that there are not professional experts in the earth's climate?
Dan, Dan whoaa

You forgot he's been using his Texas textbooks....

Hahahahhaahahhaa wow
Gringo

Baltimore, MD

#47706 Mar 1, 2013
The product that's produced in metric tons on any given day in our atmosphere from a unhooked oxygen atom from (CO) burning fossil fuels that hook up with the O2 (air) oxygen atom to produce the byproduct O3 molecule called ozone from basic chemistry

This ozone is really benefiting humans in O so many ways...this stuff makes us grow big and strong.

Those stupid "scientists" are attributing all kinds of evils from this wonderful dance of the molecules such as;

Cancer
Respiratory problems
Acid rain
Global warming
Severe weater

"These scientists better not mess with GOD's master plan or they're going to be stricken to eternal damnation from the Lord....giver of ozone himself."
Quote from the:
Texas Geographical Bible reader for 8th grade
Rubiks cube

West Mifflin, PA

#47707 Mar 1, 2013
Rep. Peter King, a New York Republican, is furious that Sen. Marco Rubio is hitting up New Yorkers for campaign cash after voting against federal funds to rebuild the region after superstorm Sandy ravaged the area.

In fact, King urged New Yorkers not to give money to any of his fellow Republicans who voted against the Sandy aid.

"Nobody on Wall Street, nobody in the financial services, nobody anywhere in New York should give a nickel to these guys," he told ABC News.

King's tirade is the latest spat to roil the Republican Party which is already torn over the issues of gay marriage and immigration reform. King's fury is aimed at one of the party's possible presidential candidates.

King says it's even worse than his other fellow Republicans who voted against the Sandy aid package because Rubio is from Florida, a state that has been ravaged by storms in the past and "has gotten billions and billions of dollars in hurricane aid," King said.

He said Rubio voted against the $50.4 billion in aid without talking to him or other leaders in the state like New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo or New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The storm slammed in to the region on Oct. 29.

Why do Republicans hate America?
Ronald R

West Mifflin, PA

#47708 Mar 1, 2013
Rubio may face probe into luxury home lease

California's campaign watchdog agency may investigate whether former state Sen. Michael Rubio (D-Shafter) is getting a special break on his home payments from a campaign supporter.

"We have received a complaint and are in the process of reviewing it to determine whether or not we will open an investigation," wrote Gary Winuk, the chief of the enforcement division of the Fair Political Practices Commission on Thursday.

LK HERE:

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/politic...

Since: Feb 13

Philadelphia, PA

#47710 Mar 1, 2013
Republican PROPAGANDA with your taxpayer money!!!!!!!!!! yes it is very true. since they took over in PA, they are now using taxpayer websites like L&I to send out mast emails to all PA residents to spread there views and agenda, now is this legal,I'm serious, is it? i bet my life it is not, and well anyone want to help this PUNK put a end to it,I'm dead serious. I mean i collected unemployment and had to be put on the states L&I website email list, but now that i getting spam mail from a gov funded website all with Republican propaganda, i know it is unlawful, will bet my life on it. Nobody has pointed this fact out yet, and I will lead the charge. i don't go to the left or the right, I lean more towards the brick threw a starbucks windows and get labeled with the scarlet A,if you get my drift.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47712 Mar 1, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate? Are you claiming that there are not professional experts in the earth's climate?
There are individuals who study climate, but there are no defined criteria for certifying "climatologists." The "professional experts" are self-proclaimed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grace mcguire (Feb '13) Nov 21 Gary Pelphrey 4
Apartment Hunting Sep '14 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Relocating to the area Jul '14 Patricia 1
Review: The Homebrew & Hobby Shop LLC (May '14) May '14 Jackie 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
Gallitzen Hotel (Apr '14) Apr '14 Exnewken 1
Ashville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ashville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:34 pm PST

NBC Sports11:34PM
Steelers grab playoff spot, showdown up next - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report11:58 PM
Philadelphia Eagles 2014 Regression Was Easy to See Coming
NBC Sports12:17 AM
Broncos visit Bengals as favorites in key playoff tilt - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 7:08 AM
Eagles will roll with Mark Sanchez to close out season
NFL 7:28 AM
Chip: Sanchez will start in Week 17 for Eagles