so what really happened to Candace G...
Confused

Cullman, AL

#21 Jun 6, 2012
The coroner ruled it a suicide, WHY? What is the circumstances that people would think other wise? Was she alone that night or with friends? Give the authorities something to go on and maybe they will persue other avenues.
If they are witness, then they need to tell the police what they know. I do know that authorities can not make something a murder investigation if there is not something ( evidence) to support that.
Kay Worthington Tapley

Birmingham, AL

#22 Jun 6, 2012
Well, it's sounds like we need to vote in another Coroner while we're doing all this Voting...Because she NEVER would comment SUICIDE...!!!! I don't know her boyfriends name, but if anybody had any since, they would look at the 44 year old man that took her to school one day and his name is Gary Self and thats all I have to say..........
Kay Worthington Tapley

Birmingham, AL

#23 Jun 6, 2012
Oh one more thing, They found his daughter hanging by a rope and it was cut, but it took Gary 2(two) hours to call 911..........
wake up

Allgood, AL

#24 Jun 8, 2012
First of all, my sincerest condolences to the family of this precious young lady. No family should have to ever go through what you are....but unfortunately, as you well know, you are not the first family in this county to deal with this type of unexplained tragic loss. In 2006, our family also lost someone very precious to us and her death was ruled "suicide" by the very same coroner in this case although there was tons of forensic evidence that pointed toward homicide instead. I wish that I could tell you that the murderer(s) in your loved one's case will be brought to justice eventually but my faith is weak. Do NOT trust the county DA to care about or try to find the truth because she won't. Do NOT trust law enforcement because is they have not pursued the truth, that usually means that either one of them or a member of their family is involved. Please don't hesitate to contact thru posting here and then possibly we can arrange private communication. I will be happy to help the family of this precious young woman if I can.
God bless you all.
Kay Worthington Tapley

Birmingham, AL

#25 Jun 8, 2012
AGAIN......I will say LOOK into GARY SELF, he has a past that is UNBELIEVABLE and he took Candace to school one day....He needs to be investigated not only for the death of Candace but for his own daughters death and for the death of his x-wife, which they said the wife over-dosed, but the daughter was found hanging by a rope and he cut her down (so he said) Just seems like alot of DEATH surrounds this man..........
lookingforjustic e

Montgomery, AL

#26 Jun 8, 2012
i do believe it is time to speak out, it is time for a revolution and we shall rise up in numbers, that is the only way we can be heard, it is time for us to prove what our rights were written for we have the right to assembly and to voice out all the corruption that is going on in Blount county, the good ole boys will pay for their injustice, the parents have every right to all and any documents that were filed on their daughters death, for crying out loud. this is so frustrating but guess what the walls will fall down and the truth will be revealed and when it does i hope those that are innocent back off before they find out that the biggest lawsuit is going to crush the town,
Anonymous

Oneonta, AL

#27 Jun 9, 2012
Be careful and try not to get killed people. The cops are too busy locking up people for POPB or Pot possession to solve a murder.
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

#28 Jun 9, 2012
Kay Worthington Tapley wrote:
AGAIN......I will say LOOK into GARY SELF, he has a past that is UNBELIEVABLE and he took Candace to school one day....He needs to be investigated not only for the death of Candace but for his own daughters death and for the death of his x-wife, which they said the wife over-dosed, but the daughter was found hanging by a rope and he cut her down (so he said) Just seems like alot of DEATH surrounds this man..........
Kay: I have heard similar reports. Also, we should have a coroner that has a MEDICAL DEGREE! We also need to have a major house cleaning in the law enforcement personnel here. I am so tired of the corruption, coverups, cowardice and stupidity here. It won't get any better until enough people stop being afraid and demand better...if everyone got together and got on the same page, they cannot kill us all.
Anonymous

Oneonta, AL

#29 Jun 11, 2012
I heard that interviewed Self and let him go. I doubt we'll ever know the truth without the ABI getting involved. I think the family should contact them.
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

#30 Jun 11, 2012
TiredofBama wrote:
I heard that interviewed Self and let him go. I doubt we'll ever know the truth without the ABI getting involved. I think the family should contact them.
Tired: I think so, too. And if ABI does not respond appropriately, the citizens of Blount County that are tired of the way things are need to band together, and form a group and try to get some media attention focused on how things are handled here. Courts, law enforcement, etc. need to be examined by an outside, impartial source. They are dirty and we all know it.

Since: May 12

Birmingham, AL

#31 Jun 11, 2012
I AM TELLING YOU (BLOUNT COUNTY SO CALLED TO SERVE & PROTECT) YOU ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB, I HOPE AND PRAY THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO CANDACE DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, BUT IF IT DID YOU WOULD PROBABLY DUE MORE IN JUSTICE NAME THAN YOU HAVE CANDACE. R.I.P. Candace, we will find out who did this to you, because the so called law DON'T CARE...I LOVE YOU CANDACE, Kay!!!!!!!!!!
Judged

Cullman, AL

#32 Jun 13, 2012
I still have heard no evidence to support anything but suicide. I realize no parent would want to think their kid would do such a thing. What evidence does anyone think they have?
Kay Worthington Tapley

Birmingham, AL

#33 Jun 13, 2012
Judged wrote:
I still have heard no evidence to support anything but suicide. I realize no parent would want to think their kid would do such a thing. What evidence does anyone think they have?
Well JUDGED in Cullman sounds like you know more than your saying, because if you knew Candace at all, you yourself would be agreeing with the most of US that knew her very well...there are SERIAL KILLERS out there that are STILL killing and KILLING, AND KILLING, I pray non of your family members run into this man or his son and pretty much everybody knows who that man and his son is...So in my opinion, as everybody has one, YOU MUST BE PART OF THESE CORRUPT SO-CALLED LAW ENFORCERS...HELL, Alabama is so far behind with the time, they probably haven't learned ANYTHING about FORENSIC SCIENCE...I guess we are all just DUMBASS Hillbillys, and The Alabama Ridgerunner just agreed with me, so you need to know WHAT your talking about and WHOM it is about.......!!!
Judged

Cullman, AL

#34 Jun 13, 2012
No i do not know anymore than you do. All I am saying is that you need to supply to law enforcement with some to go and not just hear say. That is all that has been posted on here and if you want it to go further, there needs to be more.
<quoted text> Well JUDGED in Cullman sounds like you know more than your saying, because if you knew Candace at all, you yourself would be agreeing with the most of US that knew her very well...there are SERIAL KILLERS out there that are STILL killing and KILLING, AND KILLING, I pray non of your family members run into this man or his son and pretty much everybody knows who that man and his son is...So in my opinion, as everybody has one, YOU MUST BE PART OF THESE CORRUPT SO-CALLED LAW ENFORCERS...HELL, Alabama is so far behind with the time, they probably haven't learned ANYTHING about FORENSIC SCIENCE...I guess we are all just DUMBASS Hillbillys, and The Alabama Ridgerunner just agreed with me, so you need to know WHAT your talking about and WHOM it is about.......!!!
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

#35 Jun 13, 2012
Judged wrote:
No i do not know anymore than you do. All I am saying is that you need to supply to law enforcement with some to go and not just hear say. That is all that has been posted on here and if you want it to go further, there needs to be more.
<quoted text>
Judged: Knowing what I do about the victim, Candace, based on what friends and acquaintances have said about her, she would not have killed herself. Also, to adequately perform an autopsy, you need someone with a medical license NOT an elected official. Most jurisdictions have a doctor in the position of medical examiner/coroner with much additional training in the area of forensics. There have been countless bungled investigations in this county, and many murders go unsolved.

We need to demand BETTER for this county...much better. Next time, it might be your loved one on the slab, so try to have some compassion. If it were, you would want more answers than Candace's loved ones have been getting. You know you would.

God bless and help us all. We need it here.
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

#36 Jun 13, 2012
<quoted text> Well JUDGED in Cullman sounds like you know more than your saying, because if you knew Candace at all, you yourself would be agreeing with the most of US that knew her very well...there are SERIAL KILLERS out there that are STILL killing and KILLING, AND KILLING, I pray non of your family members run into this man or his son and pretty much everybody knows who that man and his son is...So in my opinion, as everybody has one, YOU MUST BE PART OF THESE CORRUPT SO-CALLED LAW ENFORCERS...HELL, Alabama is so far behind with the time, they probably haven't learned ANYTHING about FORENSIC SCIENCE...I guess we are all just DUMBASS Hillbillys, and The Alabama Ridgerunner just agreed with me, so you need to know WHAT your talking about and WHOM it is about.......!!!
Kay: Have you tried to get any of the news teams or The Birmingham News to maybe do a spotlight on this case? Her family and close loved ones would have to be the ones to initiate this, and tell them of your concerns. I, for one, am sick and tired of the law enforcement around here, only giving attention to cases that satisfy the "good ole boy network" requirements, while leaving the majority out in the cold. You have a lot of citizens that will lend support in every way possible. God bless you.
Kay Worthington Tapley

Birmingham, AL

#37 Jun 13, 2012
BluntCountySux wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay: Have you tried to get any of the news teams or The Birmingham News to maybe do a spotlight on this case? Her family and close loved ones would have to be the ones to initiate this, and tell them of your concerns. I, for one, am sick and tired of the law enforcement around here, only giving attention to cases that satisfy the "good ole boy network" requirements, while leaving the majority out in the cold. You have a lot of citizens that will lend support in every way possible. God bless you.
To BluntCountySux, no I haven't but I will do my part as a Loyal Friend of Candace and Her Whole Family as a matter of fact I do know a few people in High Places and see what WE ALL TOGETHER can find out. It's about time or should I say I PRAY IT'S NOT TOO LATE, before this MURDER becomes a COLD CASE. If the Citizens of Blount County are as RIGHTOUS & CHRISTIAN as they claim to be would already have solved this UNJUSTLY DECISION OF SUICIDE and THE MAN AND HIS SON AND THEIR ACCOMPLISHES THAT A PUBLIC HANGING OF THESE MEN AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE WOULD BE THE JUSTICE THAT CANDACE AND HER FAMILY DESERVE. They don't need to get LIFE in Prison, that would NOT be JUSTICE FOR CANDACE....THEY NEED TO GO STRAIGHT TO HELL FOR WHAT THEY DID TO CANDACE, AND FOR ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT THEY HAVE HURT & MURDERED IN THE PAST. DEAR LORD PLEASE HOLD CANDACE AND HER FAMILY & DEAR FRIENDS SUCH AS MYSELF CLOSE AS WE BATTLE FOR THIS CHILD AND THE RIGHTS THAT SHE NO LONGER HAS...GODS WILL BE DONE!!!!!!!
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

#38 Jun 16, 2012
<quoted text> To BluntCountySux, no I haven't but I will do my part as a Loyal Friend of Candace and Her Whole Family as a matter of fact I do know a few people in High Places and see what WE ALL TOGETHER can find out. It's about time or should I say I PRAY IT'S NOT TOO LATE, before this MURDER becomes a COLD CASE. If the Citizens of Blount County are as RIGHTOUS & CHRISTIAN as they claim to be would already have solved this UNJUSTLY DECISION OF SUICIDE and THE MAN AND HIS SON AND THEIR ACCOMPLISHES THAT A PUBLIC HANGING OF THESE MEN AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE WOULD BE THE JUSTICE THAT CANDACE AND HER FAMILY DESERVE. They don't need to get LIFE in Prison, that would NOT be JUSTICE FOR CANDACE....THEY NEED TO GO STRAIGHT TO HELL FOR WHAT THEY DID TO CANDACE, AND FOR ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT THEY HAVE HURT & MURDERED IN THE PAST. DEAR LORD PLEASE HOLD CANDACE AND HER FAMILY & DEAR FRIENDS SUCH AS MYSELF CLOSE AS WE BATTLE FOR THIS CHILD AND THE RIGHTS THAT SHE NO LONGER HAS...GODS WILL BE DONE!!!!!!!
Kay: There are a LOT of men and teenage boys in this county that need to be strung up! There are more that do and deal drugs here than those that don't. Their parents are even WORSE than the kids! I hate this God-forsaken place. I mean, how many more are going to have to die before somebody does a major clean up of all the scum?
lookingforjustic e

Oneonta, AL

#39 Jun 18, 2012
judged
we have had witness's come forward and the cops are sending them away and not taking the reports that they are suppose to so we do have evidence on that but nothing is being done about anything they were not at there where they found her only 30 mins and that is not long enough time to investigate they said they found a box cutter but the cop wiped it clean they held her phone and ipod with bare hands no gloves on just like they where trying to cover something up so what is going on with freaking law enforcement in this freaking county
Whyat Earp

Senoia, GA

#40 Jun 19, 2012
Blount co sheriff get off your ass or IM COMIN AND HELL IS COMIN WITH ME !!!!!!!""!"! "!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blount County Sheriff's Deputies=JOKE!!! (Sep '10) Apr 24 Cindyann 9
kathy tidmore (Sep '08) Apr '17 Ex-citizen 28
All the CORRUPTION in BLOUNT COUNTY, ALABAMA (Feb '11) Apr '17 ex-citizen 84
News Runoff election today for District 34 House seat (Dec '12) Mar '17 Heavens Blue 2
News 'Friend' charged with capital murder of Talladegan (May '07) Mar '17 JustMe 6
Sugarland Neglected (Mar '09) Mar '17 breid1966 25
Blount County law enforcement (Nov '14) Feb '17 Judge And Jury 7

Ashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashville Mortgages