Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

I have heard so many things about what happened to this beautiful girl.
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

why does this happen wrote:
I have heard so many things about what happened to this beautiful girl.
I have heard some disturbing things as well...like some meth cooker/freak gave her an overdose and then tried to make it look as if she had hung herself in a chicken house. He is the father of one of the young guys in that area. Also heard that this guy had done the same thing to his wife or girlfriend years earlier...and I have heard that 3 or 4 people have been arrested in connection with all of this...BUT...this is "Blunt County" and you really cannot believe or trust much of what you hear around here. So, I take it with a grain of salt, and what's most important is this beautiful young girl is now gone. I do know a lot of young people that knew Candace well, and they are 100% positive that she did not commit suicide. They say there is no way she would have done that. I don't know, the whole thing is so sad, and I hurt for her loved ones and the SMHS Class of 2012.
I just hope that the ones responsible get their just dues...Justice for Candace!
TiredofBama

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

The problem is whomever knows what happened to Candace isn't talking and the police don't seem to be investigating at all. Suicide my ass!

The problem is when you get absolutely NO official word, nothing covered in the news--NOTHING--rumors get started. But in my opinion, if you hear the same thing for several people there must be some truth to it.

We shouldn't sit back and let this girl's killer walk away. Could be your daughter next.
lookingforjustic e

Guntersville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

i want to say that i am her family and that there had been so many rumors and accusations. and speculations.we are wanting pure hard facts. and yes the same names keep coming up. i am sick of hearing what others are saying just come forward. the convictions will be a whole lot worse if they continue to hide this crime, i also want to say this, the truth will come out. and those who trust such a person that can't value life, what makes you think that they will stop him or them from doing it to you, if you are scared to come forward then hide from you own fate. you will be caught and and hell hath no furry because no matter what i condemn myself to hell because i will never forgive you, and guess what, neither will God
LaRae Barfoot

Falkville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Yes I want to KNO the truth about WAT happened to MY DAUGHTER!!! IM not gettin any answers IM not gettin anything!!! I an MY WHOLE FAMILY NEEDS HELP!!! SHE WOULD NEVER DO THIS!!!! HELP!!!
LaRae Barfoot

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Who are you??? You showed up on my sister fb. I JUS need all the help we all can get. Something is very wrong here in this county an this is NOT OUR 1st go around wit blount co. We went THROU this back in 96 WEN my husband at the time was shot by a snead officer!!! An yet he was still able to b a police officer in other county how messed up is that??? They can do WAT ever an get away Thats our wonderful co an st.
lookingforjustic e

Guntersville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

i know i wonder who is really out there to protect and serve these days. the cops are just as corrupt as the criminals, now i feel that i must do what i must to protect me and my own, it is no wonder why crime has gotten so bad, the laws protect those who are officials. and we the people get a stiffer sentence they get a lesser sentence, i say that the law is corrupt and our four fathers are turning in there graves. they fought and died for our rights and now it really doesn't mean a thing. and now when we need answers and all these officials are just giving us the run around, if they have names why aren't they getting any wheres, all because they are taking their time so who ever does this again they will go after them i say get off your fat @#$%#% and and do something. you have names you have some sort of evidence, you have so many people saying she would not have done this to her self, she had so much going for her. how can you not have proof. grill these teens that knew her and those that were with her that night. can't you tell when someone is lying. is every Blount county police or official really stupid or what, how many times does one name have to cross your desk without considering them. i mean for real people. this happened to an innocent girl who got caught up in the wrong crowd because of her boyfriend, these people were his friend first. this needs to be handled properly or it is going to get ugly in blount county, voters are going to find honest people that care for their community and the people in it. and not just what type of revenue the county is going to bring in. i am expressing my 4th amendment. which is an will always be my civil right. got questions give us answers,.........
Outraged

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that this child was MURDERED. Where is the justice? What are the detectives telling the family?
Anonymous

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

If we can mobilize the community for cancer patients, accident victims, we can mobilize for this. We just better make sure we have good lawyers. They will try to shut us up.

Somebody may be protecting SMHS, I can tell you the kids that graduated last week don't believe it either.

There are only about 5 families in Blount County that the Sheriff's department cares about.
Kaitlin Victoria Sanders

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

I knew Candace and I also know that she would never ever kill herself. I've heard that a certain student of SMHS was part of it. And his daddy. I think that somebody was paid off for this. She was such a sweet girl and she needs justice!
Anonymous

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

I'm not sure about the whole "paid off" part. I think it's apathy because Candace isn't 100% white.

I've heard several names floating around, thing is, when ALL we have is rumor we can't take action. I think we can actually demand to have this made public.
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

LaRae Barfoot wrote:
Yes I want to KNO the truth about WAT happened to MY DAUGHTER!!! IM not gettin any answers IM not gettin anything!!! I an MY WHOLE FAMILY NEEDS HELP!!! SHE WOULD NEVER DO THIS!!!! HELP!!!
LaRae: I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about Candace. No mother should ever have to go through what you are right now. All of you, Candace's loved ones are in my daily prayers, as well I pray that the truth comes out and something is done! I just hate the way things are handled in this area...we might as well have no law enforcement except when it comes to harrassing people for speeding or some other "easy job" for them.
Also, if a family isn't what the law enforcement considers "upper crust" here, well...it's hard to make them interested in your case.
LaRae: Call the TV stations in Birmingham...seriosuly. You need to talk to a reporter, and see if they would be interested in talking to you about this. I think they would. Matter of fact, you may have to bug them a while to get a call back, because they are very busy, but don't give up!
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

TiredofBama wrote:
I'm not sure about the whole "paid off" part. I think it's apathy because Candace isn't 100% white.
I've heard several names floating around, thing is, when ALL we have is rumor we can't take action. I think we can actually demand to have this made public.
I am not sure about the mixed race thing, because many white people including myself, have experienced law enforcement apathy up here, I think they are just dumb and lazy, for the most part. If it involves any detailed investigation, they just cannot be bothered, or they don't know how. Perhaps someone should involve the ABI? I want the Birmingham television news stations to get on this. Pronto.
Concerned

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

If this related to drugs, the community does need to get infovled. This needs to be stopped. Either by overdose accident or by the dealers killing her, it needs to be stopped so that other kids are not harmed.
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

LaRae: Call Ronda Robinson with Channel 6...she used to have an assistant named Sandy, you could also talk to her, if she is still there. Ronda would be a good one to start with. Hugs to you...stay strong.
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Concerned wrote:
If this related to drugs, the community does need to get infovled. This needs to be stopped. Either by overdose accident or by the dealers killing her, it needs to be stopped so that other kids are not harmed.
I agree 100%! Enough of them sweeping stuff under the rug. This could happen to any of our kids up here. There is a pastor of one of the churches up here, and his kid dabbles in drugs, that is what I meant by "any of our kids" here. Just because a family thinks that their child isn't around this stuff, does not make it true. It could happen to my child, too, even though I don't think she has tried much, other than pot, which made me upset...
Informed

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Just so you guys know, someone I know called Fox 6 because they were outraged that this case hasn't made the news and was told:

(this is a quote) "The county coroner told us it was ruled a suicide and it is not our policy to cover anything of that nature."
lookingforjustic e

Athens, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

well if they don't get this right they will have a lot of people very upset, and then it will be a vigilante justice, all because the police have done nothing more then lie to us, they already made a documented form, and now it will bite BLOUNT County in the pocket. we know our rights as family to Candace, and trust me people i will picket outside the court house to get them off their @$$&$ and do the right thing, i don't care if it is one of your own children behind this, trust me there will be so many standing out there with us, we didn't ask for this, so give us the rights to the proper forms, you have had so many people saying the same thing over and over again. how dumb can you really be, or are you really blind to the facts.
Kaitlin Victoria Sanders

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Amen lookingforjustice! I would literally protest at the courthouse myself. They need to do something about it instead of sitting on their stupid lame butts.
BluntCountySux

Oneonta, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Informed wrote:
Just so you guys know, someone I know called Fox 6 because they were outraged that this case hasn't made the news and was told:
(this is a quote) "The county coroner told us it was ruled a suicide and it is not our policy to cover anything of that nature."
While that's true of the station's policy regarding suicides, I know that if Candace's family were to contact a good investigative reporter with the concerns that all of us have, it would at least get some attention to this situation...might even have to go outside of the state.

Our county coroner is certainly no Dr. G...he does NOT have a medical degree. He is not qualified to make that kind of judgement call.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of97
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ashville Discussions

Search the Ashville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
All the CORRUPTION in BLOUNT COUNTY, ALABAMA (Feb '11) Apr 14 Mark 57
salvation army Apr 4 friend 1
Blount County judge to rule on law giving small... (Sep '13) Mar 17 James Spurger 3
thoughts to ponder on Mar '14 Bama sweetheart 1
Im 18 years old, have had a ticket and an accid... Feb '14 Ipsa 8
looking for sister in law Feb '14 Ann 1
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jan '14 WnL 699
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ashville Jobs

•••
•••
•••