Rescued Dogs Help Rescue People | Ohi...

Rescued Dogs Help Rescue People | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 7 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Apr 6, 2011, titled Rescued Dogs Help Rescue People | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

The Windsor Township Fire Department has found the newest K9 members of their search and rescue team at the Animal Protective League.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

Beverly

Grove City, OH

#1 Apr 7, 2011
So glad to see that more people are realizing you can get a good dog (or pup) from an animal shelter !!! It then becomes a win-win situation
Guido

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 7, 2011
Nice story with a happy ending...we need more good news these days
rescuehorsemom

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 7, 2011
Hey ONN- it's German ShepHERD, not Sheppard, because their original job was to herd SHEEP before they were utilized as police & military dogs. Glad they saved shelter dogs & hope the they'll have long careers w/ search & rescue.
Cat

Dublin, OH

#4 Apr 7, 2011
I'm thrilled to see dogs from a shelter getting a chance like this. We have so many dogs (and cats) out there in need of loving homes. If more people went to shelters to adopt instead of pet stores and breeders we might some day get the over population problems under control.
MaryD

Webster, MA

#5 Apr 7, 2011
Saving the township money and rescuing the dogs from the shelter. Sounds like a win win situation all around.
graylorn

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 7, 2011
Shelter cats and dogs make really great pets, and some can be trained to do amazing things. Next time you look for a pet, visit your local shelter. You could find the best pet ever.

Since: Feb 11

Marengo, OH

#7 Apr 7, 2011
That is awesome. I love stories like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashtabula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Wortman votes for Marie Lane (Nov '15) Mon Toms mother 11
Dumpster diver Tom Wortman is the harbor bank r... Mon Toms mother 26
joey salas Jan 4 melissa 1
Homewreckers Jan 4 lopita 2
Poor Daysha Jan 2 Anonymous 1
I just want to eat a fat clean Pus say Dec 29 realist 3
Wal-Mart meat (Jul '09) Dec '17 Hilda 44

Ashtabula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance