What is going on with Derek Ivy?

United States

#2 Jul 17, 2008
Who's Derek Ivy?

Blue Springs, MO

#3 Jul 18, 2008
Who wrote:
Who's Derek Ivy?
Derek is a young, hard working man that has gotten a bad deal, from what I hear, he worked for a pest control company and now faces charges in 2 different counties from a guy he was partners with. what a mess this is, he is now is jail for 2 different charges. How do you get access you VA court records? anyone know
Im digging up bones

Bumpass, VA

#4 Dec 5, 2008
Derek was found guilty on his misdemeanors with a suspended sentence of 12 mos. His felonies were "noll prosequi" whic means prosecutor could not find any evidence to seek a guilty verdict so Not Guilty!! These were all of the Henrico carges. He awaits Hanovers next court date of 1/13/2009 at 9am for his felony charges of credit card fraud and embezzlement. THIS is all a freaking joke all he is guilty of is teaming up with a Con-artist.. I'll be back in touch

Orange, VA

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Derek Ivy plead guilty today. Some joke:$17000 restitution and 12 months in jail suspended. If he wasn't guilty, why did he plead guilty?

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2009
Whoever wrote under the name "whatever" is dead on correct! Way to use common sense.... Also, he was extradited from Missouri. The last time I checked, they don't extradite unless they are pretty darn sure they have a great case against you.

By the way, the idiot who wrote "noll prosequi" mispelled AND mistranslated it. Nolle prosequi means they aren't going to pursue those particular charges or, in this case, they don't need to prosecute under felony charges as the misdemeanor charges are adequate to handle the dollar amount and the crime in Henrico. It doesn't mean "not guilty" at all. He was ordered to pay $2000 in restitution (100% of what he stole in Henrico). He plead guilty to the misdemeanor charges and agreed to pay full restitution in Henrico.Incidentally, he stole checks from the company mailbox, and opened a fake account at the bank so he could deposit the checks in Henrico.

So, in Hanover, the prosecution offered a plea bargain of 50% restitution and 12 months suspended. That means he actually stole $30,000. Incidentally, he left Virginia between Henrico and Hanover, which is a violation of his bond and would have put him in jail. The prosecution knew that and decided he would earn more money for the victim outside of jail. Derek now sends a money order every month to pay restitution. Whoever thinks Derek is a victim needs to get some facts. By the way, who is the con artist and how exactly did he "con" Derek into stealing money and how did that benefit the "con artist"?? He only got a little more than 50% back. That isn't a good con at all!
Give me a break

Orange, VA

#7 Mar 19, 2009
People get what they deserve.
People also don't change. Once a slime ball, always a slime ball. Watch out for this guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glen Allen Music Thread (Nov '14) Oct 16 Musikologist 4
Murder For Hire Oct 1 Murder For Hire 1
Hanover county deputy undercover having sex on ... Sep 30 Lawless 1
Heath napier Sep '16 Whit 1 Aug '16 Intended disclosure 1
Music Jam in Doswell Jul '16 sue copper 1
Gf book Jun '16 dcfivex 1

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages