Family of 4 killed in Highway 12 crash

Family of 4 killed in Highway 12 crash

There are 33 comments on the The Reporter story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Family of 4 killed in Highway 12 crash. In it, The Reporter reports that:

A father, daughter and two grandparents were killed when their car was bumped by a big rig into oncoming traffic on Highway 12 early Thursday morning, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
scott

Woodland, CA

#21 Jun 4, 2010
i lived in napa my whole life,until about 10 years ago when trying to buy my first home high prices pushed me out.I travel a lot through the canyon 4 times a day,5 days a week.I see both sides of the argument,i drive a commuter vehicle to work and then climb in to my rig and drive back through the canyon to do my job.People you would not believe what i have seen with my own eyes along that stretch of hwy.12.I have been passed by the rock wall in my commuter vehicle at 430 in the morning by a motorcycle.I have been passed by a car at 200 in afternoon in my rig by a car on a double yellow.Its a simple fix,leave 10 car lengths in between you and vehicle in front of you no matter what the weather is,and never mind the tail gater.And make it four lanes,make it four lanes,make it four lanes.
nauni

Vacaville, CA

#22 Jun 4, 2010
I was greatly saddened to hear of this tragedy. My prayers are with the surviving members of this family.
Jack

Vacaville, CA

#23 Jun 5, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey nitz...
Trucks are the reason that Jamieson Canyon Road gets bogged down most of the time. That road would be a nice 8-10 minute bypass without the big trucks on it.
Ban only the tractor trailers & have them divert to Hwy 37 and north on Hwy 29.
You seem to have forgotten where political bribes, er, contributions come from.
wow

Vacaville, CA

#24 Jun 5, 2010
Zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
That stretch of HWY 12 is very dangerous. It is stop-go all the time and the big trucks need to slow down. 12 often has big rigs on it in the morning and afternoon. Any chance that the truck drivers were in this country illegally? At the minimum, I hope the CHP did a blood test.
If he's illegal I'd like to do another blood test.
Susan Rotchy

Sacramento, CA

#25 Jun 6, 2010
I was on my way to work in 1996 my tire blew out and no were to go but down. I was left paralized from the waist down. This has always been a bad road my insurance agent's daughter died on this road a few years before my accident. They should ban those trucks.
Bob

San Jose, CA

#26 Jun 7, 2010
Susan Rotchy wrote:
I was on my way to work in 1996 my tire blew out and no were to go but down. I was left paralized from the waist down. This has always been a bad road my insurance agent's daughter died on this road a few years before my accident. They should ban those trucks.
No, they sould ban bad drivers. Including people that lose control of a vehicle simply because of a blowout.
Mike

Danville, CA

#27 Jun 7, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they sould ban bad drivers. Including people that lose control of a vehicle simply because of a blowout.
The world as seen by an idiot full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#28 Jun 7, 2010
My condolences to any surviving family.This was tragic.

Of course the trucker that hit them from behind is responsible for the tragedy, but I would like to point out that this particular lane (between Kirkland & Chardonnay) that this took place is notorious for rear end fender benders. In 7 years of commuting this road, I've almost been rear ended or almost rear ended someone else a dozen times. The light in front of the golf course is lower than the line of sight of drivers. When that light goes red & traffic backs up, there is no way to see until you crest the hill & by then it's too late. You either hit someone or dive off the side of the road into the vineyard.

Since: Oct 08

San Francisco, CA

#29 Jun 7, 2010
="Mike"]If the Chippies and Sheriff deputies were actually patrolling the highway during their shifts instead of feeding their damn faces with donuts & coffee, HWY 12 might be a safer Mike! The CHP and Sheriffs dept can not be in all places at the same time. This is a big county to cover. So put the blame where it belongs with the driver of the truck. My heart goes out to the victims family and they will be in my prayers.
URAFNJRK

Fairfield, CA

#30 Jun 7, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be the biggest Fu^&%$ Idiot on this planet for making that comment. I hope you rott.

Since: Jan 08

Fairfield

#31 Jun 7, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Bob. That was pretty uneccessary. Hope you never experience the same fate.
Bob sucks

Walnut Creek, CA

#32 Jun 8, 2010
Bob, you have no class whatsoever. That was not only a horrible thing to think in your own pathetic head but is just an uglier thing spoken out your foul mouth.
Bob

San Jose, CA

#33 Jun 8, 2010
Christine in FF wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, Bob. That was pretty uneccessary. Hope you never experience the same fate.
What fate, a blowout?

Over the years I have had many, none of which caused me to lose control of the vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
loud explosion last nite in Medford (Dec '14) Feb 20 Fleetwood Crack 2
News Two men arrested following reported home invasi... Feb 14 Jim Piver 1
Realtor recommendation Feb 14 Carlos 1
Need black Nov '17 barelynodding 1
Avondale, AZ Police Raid 11/08/2017 @ Homesmart... Nov '17 Wondering 1
Need Black party favors Oct '17 Stampjawn 5
News For love and for money, more seniors are stayin... Oct '17 We hate coos bay ... 1

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages