Who is keeping fiber-optic TV out of ...

Who is keeping fiber-optic TV out of Ashland?

There are 2 comments on the www.metrowestdailynews.com story from Oct 12, 2007, titled Who is keeping fiber-optic TV out of Ashland? . In it, www.metrowestdailynews.com reports that:

Town officials say Verizon is sending a false message to residents that local government is hampering the company from bringing fiber-optic cable, Internet and phone services to Ashland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.metrowestdailynews.com.

Since: Apr 07

Rockport, MA

#1 Oct 13, 2007
It would perhaps be more honest if Ashland would publish a point by point copy of their contract with Comcast, the length of the contract, how much money and other benefits they stand to lose if they TRULY open up to Verizon coming to town. Until then, Verizon is just acting like a responsible business and not going after a license in a town that Ashland seems to pretty much have sewn up to Comcast. I can't blame Verizon.

Maybe if Ashland were more forthcoming instead of trying to pull the wool over residents eyes.

It is my impression that Ashland is in bed contractually for at least 3 more years with Comcast.

If I am wrong, maybe they will perform the above exercise and open up the terms of their contract with Comcast to the public.
Heatherfields

Stow, MA

#2 Nov 8, 2007
Comcast is a horrible company. I'd love to have another option.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sydney bushard May 17 Hot girl 1
News Teens escape unharmed after limo catches fire o... May 16 Libby Rahl 2
News Hotel Guard Charged With Sex Assault On Child (Jun '06) May 7 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) May 5 FF wife 2
News Charlton highway superintendent fined $7,500 fo... May 4 Patty 1
News Obituaries for Thursday, Aug. 30, 2007 - Framin... (Sep '07) May 4 Karyn 8
News Talking Trash: Where are the Dirtiest Areas of ... May 3 Old pal 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages