Police: Ashland stabbing a gang-initi...

Police: Ashland stabbing a gang-initiation ritual

There are 21 comments on the Metrowest Daily News story from Oct 8, 2007, titled Police: Ashland stabbing a gang-initiation ritual. In it, Metrowest Daily News reports that:

“We've got some leads on that, so we're moving”

Police say two teens arrested in a Saturday nighttime stabbing on Presidents Row were acting out the "blood-in" initiation of a violent, L.A.-based street gang when they left their victim needing 50 stitches. via Metrowest Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Metrowest Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hang Kennedy

Ayer, MA

#1 Oct 9, 2007
I walked out to take the trash out a while back, and my neighbor's car had "BLOODS FOR LIFE" scratched in the hood.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lets all hold hands and sing Koom Bay Yah under a rainbow banner. We just have to be more accepting of their culture.

“Stop Global Whining”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Oct 9, 2007
I've been in Montgomery County MD for a few years, originally from up there. This is one of the richest (median house price:$1.2 million, and going up still) and most liberal counties in the USA. From what I understand from long-time residents of this DC suburb, gangs have exploded down here. The common thing you here is "when I grew up such-and-such was a nice area". You hear that ALL the time. Many of our friends are bailing and going up to Frederick or Howard Counties or going to West Virginia, etc. to get away from it. 3 families I know personally have moved their elementary school age children out of here because of the gangs... in ELEMENTARY school. It is not at all uncommon to see "Bloods" or whatever spray painted on the street. The Monty Cty police published a list of all the various gangs in the county and I found out that there are 2 gangs in the apts across from my neighborhood of nice homes. Normal, decent people have to now plan their activities around this infestation. This disease. There are places you just don't go right near million dollar homes. E.g., I wanted to take a movie back to a vid store we go to in a rather sketchy area and I opted to take it in the morning (when they're all still asleep) instead of late the night before due to car jackings and robberies. 0.7mi from my nice neighborhood. The other day in our "town center" (big living and shopping 'new urban' centers they are putting in all over down here) the other week there was a home invasion complete with shooting and beating of two of the victims. Also 0.7mi from my nice neighborhood with all the manicured lawns and hedges

Let my rambling anectdotes serve as a warning to you in MA. DO NOT leave the liberal, cushy, hugs-for-thugs crowd in charge of this menace. If you do, whole swaths of formerly "nice" areas will be blighted before you know it!!!!!!!!!

“Stop Global Whining”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 Oct 10, 2007
Hang Kennedy wrote:
I am sure Mayor Menino-yo-yo-yo can hold a hip hop round table discussion again.
http://www.bostonhiphoproundtable.org/
Oh good lord! I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it for myself!

Who is paying for this hip hop round table, if I may "aks"?
dag

United States

#7 Oct 11, 2007
Hang Kennedy wrote:
I walked out to take the trash out a while back, and my neighbor's car had "BLOODS FOR LIFE" scratched in the hood.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lets all hold hands and sing Koom Bay Yah under a rainbow banner. We just have to be more accepting of their culture.
Where did this happen? Wellesley?
Hang Kennedy

Ayer, MA

#8 Oct 12, 2007
dag wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did this happen? Wellesley?
No Marlborough. We have had a bunch of kids walking around here in nearly matching red and black clothes, with doo rags that are half red, half black. They are obviously taking great pains to make their clothes color coordinated.
Shortly after these guys showed up the vandalism to my neighbor's car appeared. And some grafiti like "Bloods For Life" spray painted on some buildings.

Since: Oct 07

Marlboro, MA

#9 Oct 12, 2007
Hang Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
No Marlborough. We have had a bunch of kids walking around here in nearly matching red and black clothes, with doo rags that are half red, half black. They are obviously taking great pains to make their clothes color coordinated.
Shortly after these guys showed up the vandalism to my neighbor's car appeared. And some grafiti like "Bloods For Life" spray painted on some buildings.
Sounds like the girls have a coordinated effort are they wearing matching pumps along with their due rags?

Since: Oct 07

Marlboro, MA

#11 Oct 12, 2007
Hang Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw about 10 of them at a house in the vicinity of the Immaculate Conception school, the articles about these suspects in the stabbing case gave an address, it was very near where I saw the bunch of them. They looked between 17 and 20 something. The picture in Metro West actually looks familiar.
Yea, we got bloods in Marlborough.
Have the police boot the out of town...
homer8664

United States

#12 Oct 12, 2007
As a former holliston resident at one time what happened to lets take them out back and shot them. they saw this comming years ago and did nothing. its not like ashland is a huge town eaither. we all kno were they hide out.

this is the proplem with section 8 and low income housing its not used for what it was ment to be.

Since: Oct 07

Marlboro, MA

#13 Oct 12, 2007
Hang Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw about 10 of them at a house in the vicinity of the Immaculate Conception school, the articles about these suspects in the stabbing case gave an address, it was very near where I saw the bunch of them. They looked between 17 and 20 something. The picture in Metro West actually looks familiar.
Yea, we got bloods in Marlborough.
Kenney is finally hung! You got your wish
Another Kim

Providence, RI

#14 Oct 12, 2007
We have had this problem in Marlboro for years. I too saw multiple kids (17-20 yrs of age) in front of the house where the suspect lives on Monday night about 8:00. The police are aware that there are suspected bloods, cripts and also latin kings around Marlboro. What do they do??? What can they do??? They do use them as informants though. I guess that pays off for the gang members - immunity. but how does that help Marlboro be a safer city?

The shooting on Rte 20 a few years ago was hushed very quickly. Heresay is that it was gang related. Like I said heresay.

Since: Oct 07

Marlboro, MA

#15 Oct 12, 2007
Another Kim wrote:
We have had this problem in Marlboro for years. I too saw multiple kids (17-20 yrs of age) in front of the house where the suspect lives on Monday night about 8:00. The police are aware that there are suspected bloods, cripts and also latin kings around Marlboro. What do they do??? What can they do??? They do use them as informants though. I guess that pays off for the gang members - immunity. but how does that help Marlboro be a safer city?
The shooting on Rte 20 a few years ago was hushed very quickly. Heresay is that it was gang related. Like I said heresay.
I was there on Friday and saw a group of "peeps" littl bo at that. They were just standing around with their due-rags on their heads. We need the "Keystone Cops" to chase the out of town...along with the bloods, wrecks, trix...all of them..
Another Kim

Providence, RI

#17 Oct 12, 2007
Seems to be a hang out now. I don't think there is a way to stop it though. The clothes do give it away. My son tried this doorag thing when he was about 13-14 and we quickly put an end to it. Everytime we found one - we cut it up and threw it away. He was purchasing these himself. Parents should be aware of what their kids are doing but it is hard to be over them 24/7. I remember as a kid - I did things my parents would have killed me for (nothing too bad but..) I don't understand society today - life is so different now.
Another Kim

Providence, RI

#19 Oct 12, 2007
I'd let the police know. Does sound strange. They could be waiting for something/someone.
dag

United States

#22 Oct 13, 2007
Mexachusetts wrote:
The Peeps are the worst...just as bad as the chalupas. I'd move instead of complaining on a forum...which does nothing and solves no problem. Some people just don't get enough interaction during the day...
LOL - Great plan. Move, and when the gangs infiltrate your next neighborhood, run again. Sort of like giving the keys to the city away.
If they are causing damage to cars and leaving graffiti on building, it's a police matter and hopefully, they will be caught and forced to pay for the cost/repairs.
Another Kim

Marlborough, MA

#24 Oct 13, 2007
I did not post the post from pheonixville. Someone else did under my name. Get a life!!!

Since: Oct 07

Marlboro, MA

#29 Oct 15, 2007
Hang Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim , you and I may not agree on everything but I know you're not an idiot like this creep. Thank god he is not anywhere close to us.
He threatened me, and I called him out. I guess this is his reaction. He is mentally (and probably physically) impotent.
He's right,I'm not close to you:) Salem Cross Inn: Western cross
Special Town Meeting: Sewer main sparks debate
for the Common Good: Get to know your police
Town getting new Web site with more useful features
Entering apple country Where delicious fruit and fun awaits
Chinese clockwork automaton from 1920 performs magic trick
No will to grow school district
Profits within reach
Wicked Local launches
Schools boosting Web links to homes

“Stop Global Whining”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#30 Oct 15, 2007
dag wrote:
<quoted text>it's a police matter and hopefully, they will be caught and forced to pay for the cost/repairs.
Awwww, this is adorable! You still think it's Mayberry RFD up there? Take it from someone who's seen an area go from suburb to gang sh!t in 7 short years, you aint seen nothin' yet. Soon you'll see people have guns stuck to their temples in their own driveways when they get home late at night, car jackings, etc. You'll long for the day that it was just a little vandalism and some rough looking characters just hanging out.

This is what happens to a society that is paralyzed by political correctness and sensitivity. This scourge would have been eliminated immediately 40yrs ago
dag

United States

#32 Oct 15, 2007
Scoff wrote:
<quoted text>Awwww, this is adorable! You still think it's Mayberry RFD up there? Take it from someone who's seen an area go from suburb to gang sh!t in 7 short years, you aint seen nothin' yet. Soon you'll see people have guns stuck to their temples in their own driveways when they get home late at night, car jackings, etc. You'll long for the day that it was just a little vandalism and some rough looking characters just hanging out.
This is what happens to a society that is paralyzed by political correctness and sensitivity. This scourge would have been eliminated immediately 40yrs ago
Ok, I admit that I've never experienced being in a city with gangs, and I've always felt relatively safe walking the bike trail alone at night and that I didn't realize things had gone down hill as much as they apparently have. I'll take your word for how quickly a place can turn around since you've actually lived it.
ya, I see a huge change in our way of life since the P.C. crowd took over the country.

“Stop Global Whining”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34 Oct 15, 2007
dag wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I admit that I've never experienced being in a city with gangs
I apologize for being sarcastic and it wasn't personal to you. I guess I get frustrated at a society that is naive to the evil that is festering within until it's too late and whole areas get blighted. I'm actually from Marlborough and I hate to see what I see happening in the DC suburbs happening up there. Very sad. I keep waiting for the point where society in general collectively says ENOUGH and things turn around. Not sure that will happen though.
dag

United States

#35 Oct 15, 2007
Scoff wrote:
<quoted text>I apologize for being sarcastic and it wasn't personal to you. I guess I get frustrated at a society that is naive to the evil that is festering within until it's too late and whole areas get blighted. I'm actually from Marlborough and I hate to see what I see happening in the DC suburbs happening up there. Very sad. I keep waiting for the point where society in general collectively says ENOUGH and things turn around. Not sure that will happen though.
I understand completely, it's the same frustration I feel towards people who feel it makes perfect sense for the taxpayer to give the illegals a free pass while they bring this city down with overcrowding, noise and blight.

I hadn't heard much of anything about gangs other than the news from Ashland. People should be aware of what is not in the papers.. you can't fight something if you don't know it's there to begin with and I think that there are more people unaware of the gangs at this point than those who are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sydney bushard May 17 Hot girl 1
News Teens escape unharmed after limo catches fire o... May 16 Libby Rahl 2
News Hotel Guard Charged With Sex Assault On Child (Jun '06) May 7 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) May 5 FF wife 2
News Charlton highway superintendent fined $7,500 fo... May 4 Patty 1
News Obituaries for Thursday, Aug. 30, 2007 - Framin... (Sep '07) May 4 Karyn 8
News Talking Trash: Where are the Dirtiest Areas of ... May 3 Old pal 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages