Barking Dogs
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ask

Newburgh, IN

#1 Dec 23, 2010
I love animals...but the dogs next door are barking non stop all night long and I am about to shoot them..I can't sleep. Any suggestions..called the police they came but we will have to wait and see what happens tonight..This dog owner sucks has too many animals and don't feed them and he is never home..
ask

Newburgh, IN

#2 Dec 23, 2010
any one know what to do?
someone farted

Ashland, KY

#3 Dec 23, 2010
get rid of the stray cats in the area that the dogs are barking at. get some ear plugs. barking dogs keep the theives away.
midawn

Ashburn, VA

#4 Dec 24, 2010
Are there people prowling around your neighborhood at night? Just a thought, since this is the time of year (Christmas) when a lot of thieves seem to be active...
ask

Newburgh, IN

#5 Dec 24, 2010
No the dogs are cold and hungry...the owner doesent feed them much if at all and they are big dogs with big appetites..i never see anyone prowling around and my outside dog is not barking..so I just think they are hungry..it is driving me crazy...
MMann

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 24, 2010
Let them out so maybe they'll run away, lol
midawn

Ashburn, VA

#7 Dec 24, 2010
Oh that's so sad, those poor dogs! I know that you're angry, but it also sounds like you're concerned about them. Have you tried calling animal control? I'd be tempted to steal the dogs so they wouldn't freeze and starve, but then the jerk would probably charge you with a crime.

The poor things. Let me guess...they don't have any shelter, either, right? Bless their hearts.
hmm

Ashland, KY

#8 Dec 24, 2010
Have you tried talking to the owner? I would call animal control. It takes a lot for them to take dogs away from their owner. A couple of those reasons are- no reasonable shelter, no food or water available, and abuse. And if you are in city limits they can give a warning about the barking. If the owner doesnt comply, he will get fined.
ask

Newburgh, IN

#9 Dec 24, 2010
midawn wrote:
Oh that's so sad, those poor dogs! I know that you're angry, but it also sounds like you're concerned about them. Have you tried calling animal control? I'd be tempted to steal the dogs so they wouldn't freeze and starve, but then the jerk would probably charge you with a crime.
The poor things. Let me guess...they don't have any shelter, either, right? Bless their hearts.
they are totally neglected..and I can't take them ..would be in trouble. animal shelter gives them back..it is a lost cause..and my heart breaks for them..
Doff

Ashland, KY

#10 Dec 24, 2010
Do you have any kind of sound recorder? If you do and the dogs start to bark again record it. Then contact the Animal Control Officer that works with the city.
uhm

Ashland, KY

#11 Dec 24, 2010
they are dogs, they are going to bark..?
Curious George

Washington, WV

#12 Dec 25, 2010
Doff wrote:
Do you have any kind of sound recorder? If you do and the dogs start to bark again record it. Then contact the Animal Control Officer that works with the city.
Which proves...nothing. Said recording could have been made at a kennel.
Kyra

United States

#13 Dec 25, 2010
Feed them...
ask

Newburgh, IN

#14 Dec 25, 2010
hmm wrote:
Have you tried talking to the owner? I would call animal control. It takes a lot for them to take dogs away from their owner. A couple of those reasons are- no reasonable shelter, no food or water available, and abuse. And if you are in city limits they can give a warning about the barking. If the owner doesnt comply, he will get fined.
Animal control is a joke..they do nothing..but look at you like your stupid. I have called them and they don't care..
ask

Newburgh, IN

#15 Dec 25, 2010
Doff wrote:
you are dreaming because they don't care..they say call police ..I did and they did nothing..poor babies..breaks my heart..
ask

Newburgh, IN

#16 Dec 25, 2010
uhm wrote:
well give me your phone number and when they are barking at 1am,2am,3am,4am and so on I will let you listen to them..I need sleep you know..yes they bark all day to and I dont complain ...dogs bark..but not all freaking night non-stop..so give me your phone number..
midawn

Ashburn, VA

#18 Dec 26, 2010
uhm wrote:
Yeah, but they don't bark for hours on end for no reason. Dogs bark when they play, sure...but I seriously doubt they're playing all night long. They bark when there is an intruder or prowler, but not for hours on end. They bark when they're hungry...

In other words, there's a reason dogs bark, and it is the owner's responsibility to find out why. Especially at night, when a pet owner has neighbors. It's really very simple--if a person cares about their animals, they aren't going to want to let their animals be a nuisance to people who maybe don't care as much about them and would hurt them.

Sounds to me like, in this case, the neighbor cares more about the dogs than the owner. I'd feel fortunate to have a neighbor that cared about my dogs that much...

Dogs bark. That's true. But it is only neglected dogs that bark constantly. This person isn't talking about warning barks, or playing barks. That should be obvious.
more info

Roosevelt, OK

#19 Dec 26, 2010
where are the dogs? county, city, ww ????
Doggystyle

United States

#20 Dec 27, 2010
Antifreeze works wonders...
ask

Newburgh, IN

#21 Dec 27, 2010
City!dont say call dog warden.they don't care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No wonder no one wants to work 5 min I hate Trump 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Paul 170,559
Roy Moore 15 min blackrider 9
Donna Sanchez (May '16) 1 hr Cam 29
So glad restaurants are taking SNAP 3 hr Joey 1
Anyone know Steven lee 5 hr Fitch what a joke 15
boyd county judge executive 6 hr WOKE 29
Joe Burchett 10 hr Nathan 41

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web