elephants trunk a scam
bargain shopper

Ironton, OH

#61 Mar 9, 2010
When is the Little Lamb's sale at the church on Carter Ave.? I went to their fall/winter sale and loved it. I was thinking they should be having a spring/summer sale soon.
THE LADY

Flatwoods, KY

#62 Mar 9, 2010
The owner is the wife of Bob Hickman of Lazear Funeral Home. That is her daughter that works the store most of the time. Try calling there to complain.
A Mother

Ashland, KY

#63 Mar 9, 2010
Does anyone know where i could find 2t Slim pants? my son is very tall yet very small in the waist ... I am also looking for 3T shirts or 2t shorts ... Anyone know anyone that has any for sale or might be giving away??? please e-mail me [email protected]
Consigning Mommy

Hodgenville, KY

#64 Mar 17, 2010
Check out Trendy Tots Consignment Shop, they have a facebook page!They are in Ashland behind Texas Roadhouse, they only take clean upscale clothes for infant-teens!
Mad Mom

Chesapeake, OH

#65 Mar 17, 2010
I agree with most of the other parents on here. Since the new owner took over Elephants Trunk, the store is a disaster. Not only is the new owner rude and unfriendly, the little girl that is in the store a lot is out of control. I am not the only one that I know that has had problems there. I have family members and friends who haven't seen any money or clothes from the store since the new owners took over.
I also tried calling them to check my account in November, just to see if anything was on it from when I took clothes in before, and their computers were down for like two weeks....then they closed the entire month of December. I don't know what is going on now, but they never answer the phone and I have had no luck catching them open. I tell anyone I can to stay away from that place.
Nice as New in Flatwoods is where I take my child's clothes now. They are friendly, and best of all, you will actually get your money for the clothes they sell.
umm

Ashland, KY

#66 Mar 17, 2010
A Mother wrote:
Does anyone know where i could find 2t Slim pants? my son is very tall yet very small in the waist ... I am also looking for 3T shirts or 2t shorts ... Anyone know anyone that has any for sale or might be giving away??? please e-mail me [email protected]
I have the exact same problem. My son is very tall but very very skinny. Try childrens place, old navy, gap and anywhere that has the adjustable wasit band those work great on my son who is in 2t pants for the lenth but could wear 12 months in the waist and is now wearing 3t shirts for the lenth in arms but the shirts are still too big in the waist aread cause he is so skinny.
Ian

Meridian, ID

#67 Mar 18, 2010
What in the world is this "Elephant Trunk" place you all speak of?

Oh, and please don't use all capital letters. It feels like you are screaming.
Owner

Elk Horn, KY

#69 Mar 23, 2010
amazed wrote:
I have had the same problem! I took 2 hugh totes of clothes down there, left the totes, and went back to pick up the totes. I also took in 2 hamper baskets of clothes. I went a month later, had no money, and no clothes on the floor. She told me I brought everything down there soaking wet, and she had to give it away to charity! I asked her why she didn't call me instead of them, and she yelled at me and told me to never come back to her business. I called her husband at the funeral home, and he meet me after hours at the store to see if I had anything left. I had a few pieces that were part of 3 piece sets. I would always make around 500 every season, and made nothing. I even called the charity, which is a local church, and they told me they never picked up any wet items. The Elepants Trunk is a horrible place to work with now that the are under her ownership!
2nd Hand Rose will only keep your items for 1 month, then they give it to charity! I have had a little luck, but not worth the hassle of taking clothes down there. From now on I am going to do the Angel Sales.
Come give Mudpyz-N-Butterfyz a try, i'm sure you will be very happy.
scammed 2

United States

#72 Mar 23, 2010
iv been going there for five years now the owners have had good days and bad days.iv taken in several items and havent recived any money for them.a crib dresser and chagging table set that my mom gave 1500 dollers fori got $75 back.it still looked brand new.and a home interier potty chair that their daughter broke and they wouldnt pay for i
but also when my sisters house burned down she gave her a bunch of clothes for her kids(sorry i now relize that it belonged to someone she might of been ripping off)
i liked the old owners better

where is mudpyz n butterflies,sounds cute
Consignment Mom

Richmond, KY

#74 Mar 27, 2010
Yea...come to think of it...I haven't gotten hardly anything with the new management. I always do the big consignment sale and take the remainder to ET. They sure know when YOU owe a penny.
hhhhmm

United States

#75 Mar 27, 2010
Stacey wrote:
The Elephant's Trunk used to be a wonderful store! The previous owners were friendly, considerate and kind. The lady and her daughter that have had it the last several years are snobby, short tempered and do not run a very good business. I had traded at the Elephant's Trunk for years and always made good money and could walk in and find my clothes on the the rack, with my number on the ticket. The first fall that I took in clothes after the shop was sold, I called and I had not money on my account a week later. I found that to be odd, but I thought maybe the clothes just hadn't found the right person! I called a week or so later and there still wasn't any money on the account. I ended up going in and most of my clothing had the wrong number on it. I mentioned it to the girl behind the desk and she said I would have to speak to the owner. I called later that day to be told that these things happen all the time, I have to be able to prove which clothes were mine and she hung up. This was the owner! I called back and she proceeded to tell me that if I called back and brought this situation up again she would call the police and get a restraining order againist me. She proceeded to say that her husband was a "big funeral" director and he had connections. I have never been back in the store and I never will. She is a horrible person and a terrible business woman. Do NOT support the Elephant's Trunk.
They are extremely rude. I used to take clothes there b4 they took it over, and the other ladies were always nice. They are hardly ever open anymore when I drive by there.
concerned shopper

AOL

#76 Mar 28, 2010
Amazed wrote:
Funny that you say that as I know the owner and her family personally. They have no employees other than the owner and her daughter! So not sure what you are talking about the employee since they have no employees! Makes "GOT SCAMMED" look like an idiot! I have taken stuff there since it has been open and the previous owner was a nice lady but I much rather like the dealings I have with Rhonda and Britney those are the only people that work there.
How was she to know that the women working was family?
Business Owner

Elizabethtown, KY

#77 Mar 30, 2010
Check out Mudpyz-N-Butterflyz, will open May 1st at 211 16th street... Very upscale consignment shop. Infants to Preteens. Furniture and Accessories.....
edward harlan

Ashland, KY

#79 Mar 31, 2010
Can vouch for this....This has happened to me also....clothes missing but no money or very lil....we do not go there anymore
lol

Elizabethtown, KY

#80 Mar 31, 2010
lawl
Concerned Shopper

Broken Arrow, OK

#81 Apr 1, 2010
Business Owner wrote:
Check out Mudpyz-N-Butterflyz, will open May 1st at 211 16th street... Very upscale consignment shop. Infants to Preteens. Furniture and Accessories.....
Where is this place located?
Aggravated Mommy

Ashland, KY

#82 Apr 2, 2010
I took clothes to the ET last year a few weeks before Easter. I took 2 very large basket of clothes that were all name brand and in fantastic condition. There were over 10 Easter dresses in the bunch along with an infant front carrier. I called about 2 months into the consigning and had a zero balance. I repeated this over the course of the year. I finally went in about a month before my 12 months was up to pick up clothes. Rhonda's daughter was there and told me to look around and find what was mine. She said I only had $5 on my account! I mean seriously, I was ticked off! I went through every single item on the floor and found 1 item that was tagged with my number and about 10 items that looked just like some of the things I had consigned, but they had a different number. I asked her what the deal was and she said I would have to talk to the owner. So, I asked when she would be there. Daughter said that mom had surgery and would be off for a long time, but she would have BOb call me. I gave her my nubmer and laughed in her face bc I knew there was no way he was calling me back. That was a month and a 1/2 ago and yep ....still no call!I think I am gonna call BBB, bc it is so wrong that she does this to people and gets away with it! I worked hard to buy the clothing I was consigning. that money was supposed to buy new stuff for my girls. Well, Rhonda screwed that up! Hope she can live with herself!!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#83 Apr 2, 2010
I had my clothes in there and when i called and checked my balance it was always zero... they told me they would keep my clothes for up to a year and when i called to come pick them up they said they had already donated them and it had only been 5 months. They just said they had someone working there that didn't know what they were talking about and there was nothing they could. I got screwed out of tons of clothes i would recommend no one go there.
Call

United States

#84 Apr 2, 2010
Please people, call the Better Business Bureau. They will investigate the issues there at ET. It is free and you can contact them via internet.
Cortney

Broken Arrow, OK

#85 Apr 2, 2010
Aggravated Mommy wrote:
I took clothes to the ET last year a few weeks before Easter. I took 2 very large basket of clothes that were all name brand and in fantastic condition. There were over 10 Easter dresses in the bunch along with an infant front carrier. I called about 2 months into the consigning and had a zero balance. I repeated this over the course of the year. I finally went in about a month before my 12 months was up to pick up clothes. Rhonda's daughter was there and told me to look around and find what was mine. She said I only had $5 on my account! I mean seriously, I was ticked off! I went through every single item on the floor and found 1 item that was tagged with my number and about 10 items that looked just like some of the things I had consigned, but they had a different number. I asked her what the deal was and she said I would have to talk to the owner. So, I asked when she would be there. Daughter said that mom had surgery and would be off for a long time, but she would have BOb call me. I gave her my nubmer and laughed in her face bc I knew there was no way he was calling me back. That was a month and a 1/2 ago and yep ....still no call!I think I am gonna call BBB, bc it is so wrong that she does this to people and gets away with it! I worked hard to buy the clothing I was consigning. that money was supposed to buy new stuff for my girls. Well, Rhonda screwed that up! Hope she can live with herself!!
I think that we all should get together and write a letter to the editor so that all parents know about thier bad business not just people who look at topix. what do you all think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mason Hale (May '11) 7 min ralph 28
WSAZ: German Shepherd missing 8 min jess 162
Best Guitarist in Ashland (Oct '10) 24 min biker bud 134
i hate Fantastic Sam's 34 min WesternFan 19
star at jolly pirate 42 min Some Sweet Thing 20
New in town 52 min Hey 1
garage on 13th 1 hr shinebrightlikedi... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages