Just a Thought

United States

#42 Sep 21, 2010
bitch wrote:
i called to check on my grandmother couple of wks ago @ KDMC and some nurse got on the phone and said she wasnt allowed to tell me anything and i told her earlier that a nurse told me about my grandmothers condition and she was like 'well she wasnt supposed to and im not going to either' this bitch needs laid off for real!! fuck KDMC!
I don't work at KDMC but I can tell you that that is called HIPPA. They really aren't supposed to say anything over the phone unless you have a code. At my hospital, it is a series of numbers. It is usually given to the patient upon admission and the patient can give it to whomever they want to have their information. If you have that number, usually you can find out whatever you want about that patient. I'm sorry you ran into that but it is a law. Someone should have explained that to you.
Anonymous

Ashland, KY

#43 Sep 21, 2010
i was in kdmc for 6 days and everytime i wanted a cig. i unhooked my IV and went outside, came back and at times, never hooked it back in. i did this a couple of times and it stayed out about an hour each time. one of the nurses is married to a family member who goes to a meth clinic and has hep-c. there were some nurses that were okay, but most were too busy talking and bs-ing around to pay attention. the needle i had in my right arm blew out and blood went everywhere. it took my daughter and my wife to run yelling down the hall. after calling for a nurse while in the room. without getting specifics, i was in there due to a loss of blood on top of that. when my doctor found out. he was extremely mad at the hospital. plus when i came in the [email protected] 9:00pm. they didn't call my doctor until 5 AM the next morning as i was losing blood. he said another hour and i would have died. yes, he was pissed.
Just a Thought

United States

#44 Sep 21, 2010
There's no excuse for that. Maybe you should file a complaint starting with the nurse manager of the unit you were on....ER and the floor.
Dr Satan

United States

#45 Sep 21, 2010
Naughty nurses get me hot!!!! I'd like to find a naughty nurse to give me a spongebath!!!!
just me

United States

#46 Sep 22, 2010
called to check on my grandmother couple of wks ago @ KDMC and some nurse got on the phone and said she wasnt allowed to tell me anything and i told her earlier that a nurse told me about my grandmothers condition and she was like 'well she asnt supposed to and im not going to either' this bitch needs laid off for real!! fuck KDMC

have you not heard the HIPPA law..it protect patients privacy...how are we nurses to know you are really who you say you are?..if you want to know how grandmother is..get off your a$$ and come visit her... As a nurse i have been pooped on , bled on, and held your loved ones hand cause you couldn't take the time to visit..So before you judge all nurses walk a 12 hour shift in our shoes!!!
Oops

Greenup, KY

#47 Sep 22, 2010
The IV probably went bad because YOU kept disconnecting it yourself to go outside for a "cig." You obviously were not concerned about your health or your bleeding, otherwise you would have kept your butt in the bed!
HaHaHa007 wrote:
i was in kdmc for 6 days and everytime i wanted a cig. i unhooked my IV and went outside, came back and at times, never hooked it back in. i did this a couple of times and it stayed out about an hour each time. one of the nurses is married to a family member who goes to a meth clinic and has hep-c. there were some nurses that were okay, but most were too busy talking and bs-ing around to pay attention. the needle i had in my right arm blew out and blood went everywhere. it took my daughter and my wife to run yelling down the hall. after calling for a nurse while in the room. without getting specifics, i was in there due to a loss of blood on top of that. when my doctor found out. he was extremely mad at the hospital. plus when i came in the [email protected] 9:00pm. they didn't call my doctor until 5 AM the next morning as i was losing blood. he said another hour and i would have died. yes, he was pissed.
ant

Newburgh, IN

#48 Sep 22, 2010
just me wrote:
called to check on my grandmother couple of wks ago @ KDMC and some nurse got on the phone and said she wasnt allowed to tell me anything and i told her earlier that a nurse told me about my grandmothers condition and she was like 'well she asnt supposed to and im not going to either' this bitch needs laid off for real!! fuck KDMC
have you not heard the HIPPA law..it protect patients privacy...how are we nurses to know you are really who you say you are?..if you want to know how grandmother is..get off your a$$ and come visit her... As a nurse i have been pooped on , bled on, and held your loved ones hand cause you couldn't take the time to visit..So before you judge all nurses walk a 12 hour shift in our shoes!!!well as a nurse that is what you signed on for..to hold hands to be pooped on etc..and the 12 hour shifts..and you get paid darn good for it..but I do agree that if we love or family we should come check on them..I always have a family memeber with me..24 hours a day..because you cant trust the nurses to do their job..if you are alone..believe me we need someone to watch out for us while in hospital.so dont whine about your job...like it or leave it..and some should leave it they are not cut out to be in a profession to care for people..hell they cant care for themselves wy would we trust the,,..so do your job or get out..thats how I feel..
well as a nurse that is what you signed on for..to hold hands to be pooped on etc..and the 12 hour shifts..and you get paid darn good for it..but I do agree that if we love or family we should come check on them..I always have a family memeber with me..24 hours a day..because you cant trust the nurses to do their job..if you are alone..believe me we need someone to watch out for us while in hospital.so dont whine about your job...like it or leave it..and some should leave it they are not cut out to be in a profession to care for people..hell they cant care for themselves wy would we trust the,,..so do your job or get out..thats how I feel..
Hahaha

Ashland, KY

#49 Sep 22, 2010
Oops wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "who have" not who has and "deltoid" not deltiod. Spell and grammar check your own posts before correcting others!
That is too funny. They deserved your post.
bitch

Richmond, KY

#50 Sep 22, 2010
Just a Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't work at KDMC but I can tell you that that is called HIPPA. They really aren't supposed to say anything over the phone unless you have a code. At my hospital, it is a series of numbers. It is usually given to the patient upon admission and the patient can give it to whomever they want to have their information. If you have that number, usually you can find out whatever you want about that patient. I'm sorry you ran into that but it is a law. Someone should have explained that to you.
i did have a code but that was when she was in ICU but they put her on a diff. floor after she got out of icu and the nurse didnt even ask for a code. she was just a rude bitch. like what stranger is going to randomly call and check on someone? its family , they should not keep information like that from family members!
whatever

Grayson, KY

#51 Sep 22, 2010
You are a liar, they do not have codes to get info except on behavioral. Probably just a disgruntled employee. Also the other poster who said HE unhooked his IV and went outside, which is totally against hospital policy, you brought that on yourself. Take your pity party somewhere else
ant

Newburgh, IN

#52 Sep 22, 2010
whatever wrote:
You are a liar, they do not have codes to get info except on behavioral. Probably just a disgruntled employee. Also the other poster who said HE unhooked his IV and went outside, which is totally against hospital policy, you brought that on yourself. Take your pity party somewhere else
I sure hope they dont give out codes to dept..no one would be safe..and they lock the doors to all the entrances to the hospital at certain hours..for a reason..so I dont believe that either..and as for the other guy if you pull out your IV then you have to suffer..you did that no a nurse..now what the nurses do is their responsibilitiy..but not the idiot stuff a patient does..
bitch

Richmond, KY

#53 Sep 22, 2010
whatever wrote:
You are a liar, they do not have codes to get info except on behavioral. Probably just a disgruntled employee. Also the other poster who said HE unhooked his IV and went outside, which is totally against hospital policy, you brought that on yourself. Take your pity party somewhere else
i hope your not calling me a liar b/c i had called icu to get the status of my grandmothers condition and they said i had to have a code to get information. which is complete BS! That hospital is a disgrace.
Reality

Ashland, KY

#54 Sep 22, 2010
Somewhere right now a nurse is: getting yelled at for being late on meds, holding their own bladder because there is no time to pee, starving because they missed their own lunch, being puked on, pooped on, bled on, yelled at & missing their family while taking care of yours. In the seconds it took you to read this, nurses all over are saving lives and providing the best care possible as dictated or allowed by the place they work at. If the load is too heavy for the nurse and they can't do it all, then blame the establishment and their lack of knowledge, lack of respect for patient and nurse, or their pure greed. Their is never enough time to give the care all patients need. But even less time to even do enough to get by and that is the hospitals fault for under staffing, or not allowing the nurse to be all she can be. It is not the nurse,(most of the time) it is the policy as dictated by their employer.
Reality

Ashland, KY

#55 Sep 22, 2010
HaHaHa007 wrote:
i was in kdmc for 6 days and everytime i wanted a cig. i unhooked my IV and went outside, came back and at times, never hooked it back in. i did this a couple of times and it stayed out about an hour each time. one of the nurses is married to a family member who goes to a meth clinic and has hep-c. there were some nurses that were okay, but most were too busy talking and bs-ing around to pay attention. the needle i had in my right arm blew out and blood went everywhere. it took my daughter and my wife to run yelling down the hall. after calling for a nurse while in the room. without getting specifics, i was in there due to a loss of blood on top of that. when my doctor found out. he was extremely mad at the hospital. plus when i came in the [email protected] 9:00pm. they didn't call my doctor until 5 AM the next morning as i was losing blood. he said another hour and i would have died. yes, he was pissed.
Had to have that cig HUH? DUH? Not enough respect for yourself let alone anyone else. It's always someone elses fault? Bet the Doc was really pissed because you pulled your IV and went to smoke a nasty cig?
MMann

Bluefield, WV

#56 Sep 22, 2010
HaHaHa007 wrote:
i was in kdmc for 6 days and everytime i wanted a cig. i unhooked my IV and went outside, came back and at times, never hooked it back in. i did this a couple of times and it stayed out about an hour each time. one of the nurses is married to a family member who goes to a meth clinic and has hep-c. there were some nurses that were okay, but most were too busy talking and bs-ing around to pay attention. the needle i had in my right arm blew out and blood went everywhere. it took my daughter and my wife to run yelling down the hall. after calling for a nurse while in the room. without getting specifics, i was in there due to a loss of blood on top of that. when my doctor found out. he was extremely mad at the hospital. plus when i came in the [email protected] 9:00pm. they didn't call my doctor until 5 AM the next morning as i was losing blood. he said another hour and i would have died. yes, he was pissed.
Are the nurses psychic? Are they supposed to follow you around and make sure you don't unhook your own i.v. and leave it unhooked? If you can hook it you can unhook it.
Just a Thought

United States

#57 Sep 22, 2010
Well said!!
Reality wrote:
Somewhere right now a nurse is: getting yelled at for being late on meds, holding their own bladder because there is no time to pee, starving because they missed their own lunch, being puked on, pooped on, bled on, yelled at & missing their family while taking care of yours. In the seconds it took you to read this, nurses all over are saving lives and providing the best care possible as dictated or allowed by the place they work at. If the load is too heavy for the nurse and they can't do it all, then blame the establishment and their lack of knowledge, lack of respect for patient and nurse, or their pure greed. Their is never enough time to give the care all patients need. But even less time to even do enough to get by and that is the hospitals fault for under staffing, or not allowing the nurse to be all she can be. It is not the nurse,(most of the time) it is the policy as dictated by their employer.
bitch

Richmond, KY

#58 Sep 22, 2010
Reality wrote:
Somewhere right now a nurse is: getting yelled at for being late on meds, holding their own bladder because there is no time to pee, starving because they missed their own lunch, being puked on, pooped on, bled on, yelled at & missing their family while taking care of yours. In the seconds it took you to read this, nurses all over are saving lives and providing the best care possible as dictated or allowed by the place they work at. If the load is too heavy for the nurse and they can't do it all, then blame the establishment and their lack of knowledge, lack of respect for patient and nurse, or their pure greed. Their is never enough time to give the care all patients need. But even less time to even do enough to get by and that is the hospitals fault for under staffing, or not allowing the nurse to be all she can be. It is not the nurse,(most of the time) it is the policy as dictated by their employer.
That may be so, but their all getting paid good money for putting up with what they do. So they dont need to be bitching about what they have to do.
Anonymous

Ashland, KY

#59 Sep 22, 2010
mmann, actually they are suppose to make sure of that.. anyway... REALITY. no one was pissed they didn't know. they were heffers probably like yourself sitting on their asses when they have patients. funny how smokers hears all the crap. this coming from the fattest location on the nation.don't smoke but cut in line @ the buffet. lmao...and lastly OPPS.. it wasn't the arm with the IV in it. it was my other arm. the had put it in in case i needed blood. if you all were there, you would understand what i mean. i do know that people do what they are not suppose to do and i'm hard to deal with, especially all doped up as they had me. i'm not offended because i know if someone would have wrote this, i probably would be thinking what some of you did. the only thing that gets me is people talking about smoking all the time. yes, it's bad for you, but overeating will kill you just as fast, alcohol and other things are just as bad, if not worse. my doctor saved me and that's who i praise. like i said, he was even pissed at the hospital because he has actually worked at class A hospitals.. cleveland clinic, university hospital just to name a couple..... good man
FYI

Ashland, KY

#60 Sep 22, 2010
Grammar teacher wrote:
here we go, I am A RN/BSN ( not an).....I hope that u r better at nursing than u r at grammar! ALso I have worked with nurses who has their BS and couldnt put a shot in the deltiod, much less save a life.
You are WRONG!!! It is "an RN/BSN. If the next word begins with what sounds like a vowel, it is an, not a. It doesn't have to begin with a vowel. You need a lesson in grammar.
You probably also use my mom and I when my mom and me should be used. I'm so sick of people trying to sound smart when they have it wrong! You can test it by leaving out the "my mom" section.
Grammar teacher or not, I think the Sentence correctly should read....."I am a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor's Of Nursing degree." (In todays language the forward slash stands for the word with) Just sayin
actually

Richmond, KY

#61 Sep 22, 2010
MMann wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the nurses psychic? Are they supposed to follow you around and make sure you don't unhook your own i.v. and leave it unhooked? If you can hook it you can unhook it.
Psychic has nothing to do with every 2 hr CHARTING....or do u just make up and create those 2 hr visits to pts? HMMMmmmm what a great nurse U r gonna make lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donna Sanchez (May '16) 13 min Elmer 28
For Black People 2 26 min trin fa feat 39
Question for Republicans 28 min Factually speaking 4
Boyd County Basketball 52 min Comatose 5
Joe Burchett 53 min Curious 39
Notice you don't hear anything from ISIS? 56 min The Original Jo Jo 12
Erin Mays-Waldroop 1 hr Curious 1

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages