Fraternal Order of Police?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whats up

Russell, KY

#1 Oct 24, 2009
I see stickers and license plates on cars that have the phrase "Fraternal Order of Police" and most of the time they're driving like lunatics. Are these officers and their families that have no respect for the law?
Russell

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Oct 24, 2009
You do not have to be a cop to be a member.
DazedNConfused

Ashland, KY

#3 Oct 24, 2009
You have to be a Police, Married to one or retired to get the plate. Now the sticker. I have that BC I am a bussiness booster as in I donate to them. Even went to the APD Police ball. Yes APD does have balls;) Well they have one ball a year lololol No more balls than that. Now dont take offence to that any APD guys lolol
FOP Lodge 3

Flatwoods, KY

#4 Oct 24, 2009
DazedNConfused wrote:
You have to be a Police, Married to one or retired to get the plate. Now the sticker. I have that BC I am a bussiness booster as in I donate to them. Even went to the APD Police ball. Yes APD does have balls;) Well they have one ball a year lololol No more balls than that. Now dont take offence to that any APD guys lolol
You have to be an active member of the F.O.P. to have a tag. You do not have to be a police Officer.
FOP

Ironton, OH

#5 Oct 25, 2009
Let me further inform some of you... You do have to be a active member to obtain one, but if you are no longer active and you do not carry your FOP active card the next time you renew your tags they are suppose to not allow you to have the tag anymore. You must stay in good graces and in current standing to have them. The last time I recall you have to be a sworn law enforcement officer of some sort in order to be considered active. Their are people who are associate members which can be anyone who is approved by the FOP members. You get the little plaque that can be attached to your license plate if you dont have the FOP license plate. Their is also a plaque you can get if your an associate member as well to attach to your license plate as well.
Wondering

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Oct 25, 2009
FOP wrote:
Let me further inform some of you... You do have to be a active member to obtain one, but if you are no longer active and you do not carry your FOP active card the next time you renew your tags they are suppose to not allow you to have the tag anymore. You must stay in good graces and in current standing to have them. The last time I recall you have to be a sworn law enforcement officer of some sort in order to be considered active. Their are people who are associate members which can be anyone who is approved by the FOP members. You get the little plaque that can be attached to your license plate if you dont have the FOP license plate. Their is also a plaque you can get if your an associate member as well to attach to your license plate as well.
I didn't think anything was supposed tp obscure the license plate on a vehicle. Is this not a citable offense? What good are the little plagues for? Is it to let the officer behind you know that you are a associate member of the fop and to let you go? I'm not trying to be a smart elic just wondering these things. Thanks
Hmmmm

Ashland, KY

#7 Oct 25, 2009
Exactly right. It is a citable offense. Funny how that works huh ?
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't think anything was supposed tp obscure the license plate on a vehicle. Is this not a citable offense? What good are the little plagues for? Is it to let the officer behind you know that you are a associate member of the fop and to let you go? I'm not trying to be a smart elic just wondering these things. Thanks
Judge Dredd

El Dorado, AR

#8 Oct 25, 2009
Why don't you come talk to us about this down at the station? We'll turn the camera off for privacy and discuss this in detail.

You do have medical insurance right? I hope it covers accidentally falling down stairs.
FOP Lodge 3

Flatwoods, KY

#9 Oct 26, 2009
Hmmmm wrote:
Exactly right. It is a citable offense. Funny how that works huh ? <quoted text>
Have you pushed another officer under the "bus" lately
Hmmmm

Ashland, KY

#10 Oct 26, 2009
Lol. What the hell does that mean?
FOP Lodge 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
FOP Lodge 3

Flatwoods, KY

#11 Oct 26, 2009
Talking about another officer on Topix.
wondering

United States

#12 Oct 26, 2009
Judge Dredd wrote:
Why don't you come talk to us about this down at the station? We'll turn the camera off for privacy and discuss this in detail.
You do have medical insurance right? I hope it covers accidentally falling down stairs.
i don't know who this comment was directed toward, but this is terroristic threatning and could land you in legal trouble.
Hmmmm

Ashland, KY

#13 Oct 26, 2009
What ever you say. By saying " another " are you suggesting that you think I'm a cop?
FOP Lodge 3 wrote:
Talking about another officer on Topix.
supporter

Ashland, KY

#15 Oct 27, 2009
For the record, there are other things you can get than the issued tags, you can also get the booster stickers, just by simply donating to the fop. those are in no way, shape, or form, actually affiliated with the FOP, it just says you gave money. However people put those on their cars to make themselves look important. But keep in mind, that the issued plates do not only have to be an officer, it can also be a direct family member...such as a teenager. I had one myself when I was younger, my dad was an ashland police officer. So keep in mind, just because they have something on their vehicle, it is just as useful as a "my kid is an honor student" sticker
RUSSELL

Flatwoods, KY

#16 Oct 31, 2009
ANYONE SPECIAL GOING TO THE BALL THIS YEAR AND THE COUNTRY CLUB? UPTOWN FOR SURE.BIG BUCKS TO GET IN
Hmmmm

Ashland, KY

#17 Nov 1, 2009
I'll ask again....do you have something to say to me? You are obviously accusing me of something, so by all means, let's hear it. Exactly what did you mean by your question?
FOP Lodge 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
wondering

Ashland, KY

#18 Nov 1, 2009
Hmmmm wrote:
I'll ask again....do you have something to say to me? You are obviously accusing me of something, so by all means, let's hear it. Exactly what did you mean by your question? <quoted text>
Don't sweat it, these cowards won't answer you back!
duh

United States

#19 Nov 2, 2009
RUSSELL wrote:
ANYONE SPECIAL GOING TO THE BALL THIS YEAR AND THE COUNTRY CLUB? UPTOWN FOR SURE.BIG BUCKS TO GET IN
The FOP Ball supports a wonderful event, "Shop With A Cop" and the "big buck to get in" includes dinner. It is sure to be a great time and well worth the ticket price.
Fairandbalanced

Lebanon, KY

#20 Nov 2, 2009
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
The FOP Ball supports a wonderful event, "Shop With A Cop" and the "big buck to get in" includes dinner. It is sure to be a great time and well worth the ticket price.
Are you a member of the lodge? If so come to the meeting on Nov 12.
Fairandbalanced

Lebanon, KY

#21 Nov 2, 2009
Sorry I ment that for Hmmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
suing the city. 37 min The Big O 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min So true 143,027
WSAZ: German Shepherd missing 1 hr Hickidness 233
Joey Mckenzie (Feb '12) 1 hr Curious 4
Do you wear high heels and have beautiful feet 2 hr Harper Fearing 2
Boyd county lacks leadership on dump issues 6 hr Brought it on you... 2
Shane kazee 8 hr Its real 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages