I'm sick of us smokers being treated ...

I'm sick of us smokers being treated like second rate citizens

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Student

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2011
Everywhere people ate whining because they might catch a whiff of smoke when they walk into an establishment I can't stand listening to theses people I remember when I first started smoking you could smoke in the mall and everywhere else too now they complain if we get too close to them outside? Who do these people think they are?
nonsmoker.

Greenup, KY

#2 Sep 10, 2011
Student wrote:
Everywhere people ate whining because they might catch a whiff of smoke when they walk into an establishment I can't stand listening to theses people I remember when I first started smoking you could smoke in the mall and everywhere else too now they complain if we get too close to them outside? Who do these people think they are?
I personally agree with no smoking in public.! If we dont want to be exposed to second hand smoke we shouldn't have to.! As a pregnant woman I don't want my baby at any risk.
red

Reston, VA

#3 Sep 10, 2011
Student wrote:
If you got a headache that lasted several days when were exposed to cigarette smoke you'd complain as well. I get sick of hearing smokers complain about there rights being taken away. What right? Are you speaking of the right to slowly kill your self and others? Because this is what you are doing. Do non smokers not have rights? Apparently not from how smokers talk our rights don't matter at all. If you are unable to go out in public without smoking you are letting a nasty, unhealthy habit rule your life.
pillbilly

Newburgh, IN

#4 Sep 10, 2011
i bet you have one hell ov smokin bbq
JustMe

New York, NY

#5 Sep 10, 2011
You have the right to smoke at home, or away from people who don't want to be around it. The next time I have a cold, can I come cough all over you? No? You don't want my germs? I feel that way about your cigarette smoke. And I won't even go into the debate whether second hand smoke causes cancer or not, I'm just saying it's a product I choose not to be around. So keep your smoke far away from me
well

Richmond, KY

#7 Sep 10, 2011
Well i hate the smell of diesel trucks,
Lets ban them, i hate ak polution lets ban them, i hate people with bad breath ban them too!!! Its called freedom of choice, i understand no smoking in resturaunts n such, but america is turning into a sissy, can spank our kids, cant talk about jesus, cant smoke a plant, quit complaining and just let people be..
whine

Columbus, OH

#6 Sep 10, 2011
Student wrote:
Would you like some cheese to go with YOUR "whine"?
Student

Jersey City, NJ

#8 Sep 10, 2011
It's whiners like you I'd like to blow my smoke at

“Haters gonna hate”

Since: Feb 11

Somewhere in Kentucky

#9 Sep 10, 2011
What I can't stand are smokers who act like they have a divine right to smoke. I smoke, but I keep it away from people who don't smoke because I have common courtesy and respect for people. It's smokers like you that whine and cry that make the non-smokers that much more adamant in their cause to ban smoking as much as they possibly can in public places.

If anything else, smokers have brought this treatment on themselves with their behavior. It wasn't hard to go outside and move 20 feet beyond the door to smoke, but could you do it? No, you had to stand right next to the door cuz "it's cold" or "it's raining" or "it's too hot, it's shady here".

If you'd followed the rather liberal guidelines that were put in place it wouldn't be the issue it is now, but you didn't. Every smoker out there who disregarded the rules and showed no respect for those who choose not to smoke caused the treatment that all smokers now have to endure. Hope you're proud of yourselves.
WELL

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Sep 10, 2011
[QUOTE who="nonsmoker."] <quoted text>
I personally agree with no smoking in public.! If we dont want to be exposed to second hand smoke we shouldn't have to.! As a pregnant woman I don't want my baby at any risk.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you out the baby; BUT.........just move away smokers should have as much rights as anyone else!
WELL

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Sep 10, 2011
WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you out the baby; BUT.........just move away smokers should have as much rights as anyone else!
That was suppose to read "I agree with you ABOUT the baby"
CLAN

Lebanon, KY

#12 Sep 10, 2011
I have never smoked and I agree that smokers have rights too. I think it is only fair for them to have a place to smoke. But it cannot be done in the mall where non-smokers can't get away from it. I don't blame people for not wanting to breath it in or for their children to have to be affected by it. I think there should be a comfortable designated area in every mall and hospital. Someone gets discriminated how ever it is handled. We have lots of things we shouldn't breathe in that is floating in the air. Cigarette smoking is one we can control. Any rule always makes someone unhappy.
Info

Greenup, KY

#13 Sep 11, 2011
I am a smoker and I am against smoking in a lot of places. I don't smoke in my home nor car. I also stand way back from entrances to doors to smoke. I also dont throw my cigatettes butts down, how many of you can say the same thing. Look at all the people who are at the er saying they are so sick or dying pr in so much pain, but yet go out to smoke.
respect

Huntington, WV

#14 Sep 11, 2011
Like someone said before its just about respect.

I don't smoke where it would bother others, I don't listen to my radio loud because I don't want to bother my neighbors, I don't cuss around other people (especially kids)...

Respect. It isn't smokers' rights being lost, its respect being lost.

“Hell is coming to breakfast”

Since: Jul 11

Ashland

#15 Sep 11, 2011
Smoking outside, in open air could not be harmful to anyone's health. That's just how it is...well it is harmful to the smoker but no one else.
Really

Flatwoods, KY

#16 Sep 11, 2011
First of all;

Smoking is NOT a fundamental right. Period.

Smoking IS a nuisance, a pollutant, and a health hazard created by the smoker.

Rights cannot be explained to smokers. Anyone who will suck 69 known carcinogens into his own body every half-hour will never understand about rights or health risks or anything else.
why dont the non smokers

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Sep 11, 2011
why dont the ones that dont smoke stay outta the places where us smokers can go iv myself is a smoker and been in places for people to smoke at and there was no room there for all the ones that didnt smoke whats with that . are thay trying to take what lil place we got thank about it . but as a smoker people putting us down what about all that nasty smalling stuff thos ladies put on all that makes me puke for real .and no its not where i go unclean or not bath all thst shit is nasty
HOTTOOTOIE

Zelienople, PA

#18 Sep 11, 2011
Really wrote:
First of all;
Smoking is NOT a fundamental right. Period.
Smoking IS a nuisance, a pollutant, and a health hazard created by the smoker.
Rights cannot be explained to smokers. Anyone who will suck 69 known carcinogens into his own body every half-hour will never understand about rights or health risks or anything else.
That could be said about any one who is over weight and keeps eating those big ole cheese burgers! Do you see how stupid you sound now? I guess we cant explain the dangers to any fat person either, right! Makes as much sense as you statement.Now shut up and go east another cow!
rational

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Sep 11, 2011
If you really are a student, why not try reading something about the negative effects of smoking and of second hand smoke!

But then again, its all about you right?
Bulldog

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Sep 11, 2011
I hate going anywhere there are smokers!!I also hate for parents send their little ones to school reeking of smoke. Think about their health!!!Also do not like to be around heavily pefumed people either.Not as dangerous as smoking, but about as unpleasant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashland cycle center 4 min BBC4me 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min ChromiuMan 168,055
Only a racist 55 min Sam 34
Private Emails 57 min McGovern 15
Trump supporters the most violent group in USA 1 hr Smitty 17
confederate flag 1 hr Duke 77
Foul mouthed president 2 hr Bored 27
You wanted him, you got him! 3 hr GreenupM4 19
Boycott flying j 9 hr House Cat 48

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages