homj

Ashland, KY

#42 Apr 20, 2010
Keep Hatin wrote:
Oh yeah Also tomorrow is payday for us!! I'll think about you all when I am out shopping! Kisses for my B*Tches
I just lol'ed, literally. Only a dizzy slag would believe that AK steel is a good enough job to act in a condescending manner to anyone else. Minimal job security, daily firings for "safety infractions", where do I sign up? Not to mention the fact that you need to wait until payday to shop? Stay classy
on looker

Lebanon, KY

#44 Apr 20, 2010
lol like I said they know how dangerous there job is when they got hired in Im not saying that some of them dont earn there pay some do. But im saying that most of them are well over payed and all the do is bitch about it im saying (which some of you must be blonde and dont understand) they dont appriecate there jobs and the money that they are getting
how would they feel if there job was gone how would they live they and some of you just dont get it. people are just way to hung up on money money isnt everything yea it helps but its not everything. just hope that they do appriecate what they have for the time that they do have it
The Green Lantern

Ashland, KY

#45 Apr 20, 2010
Ak Earnings report

http://tinyurl.com/y5w8gq7
Lol

Springfield, KY

#46 Apr 20, 2010
The Green Lantern wrote:
Ak Earnings report
http://tinyurl.com/y5w8gq7
made my phone crash
laughin

Richmond, KY

#47 Apr 20, 2010
homj wrote:
<quoted text>
I just lol'ed, literally. Only a dizzy slag would believe that AK steel is a good enough job to act in a condescending manner to anyone else. Minimal job security, daily firings for "safety infractions", where do I sign up? Not to mention the fact that you need to wait until payday to shop? Stay classy
This is the best comment I have read on this thread so far! I know several AK workers and most DO live payday to payday, the ones that talk it up on here are probably the ones that prays for Thursdays. Haha!
LMAO

Lebanon, KY

#48 Apr 20, 2010
B*TCH it's Tuesdays for us.... And the people who live payday to payday are probably paying for their nice cars and houses... oh yeah and probably paying for you foodstamps and kids medical cards!! So you all are the ones praying!! OHHH BY FAR THE BEST COMMENT ON THIS THREAD!!! haha
laughin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the best comment I have read on this thread so far! I know several AK workers and most DO live payday to payday, the ones that talk it up on here are probably the ones that prays for Thursdays. Haha!
Peace

Ashland, KY

#49 Apr 20, 2010
Waiting for Thursdays is surely better than waiting for the first of the month "laughin!" Peace be with you douche! May your first of the month Wal-mart trip to cash your check and get buggies full of chips and pop be good to you. I hear Pepsi is on sale for $5.00! You hit the jackpot!
good ole union boys wife

Lebanon, KY

#50 Apr 20, 2010
Its just contract time. So everyone starts saying AK is gonna close. It wont. It will be tense for a bit until the new contract is signed.
on looker

Lebanon, KY

#51 Apr 21, 2010
ROFLMAO WOW IM SO IMPRESSED WITH ALL OF THIS, WOW AND HERE I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FREE COUNTRY, TO WHERE YOU CAN STATE YOUR OPINION AND AND HERE EVERYONE GETS BENT OUT OF SHAPE WOW IM SO IMPRESSED WITH THE WAY THAT OUR COUNTRY HAS COME SO FAR IN SUCH A LITTLE TIME IM SUCH A PROUD AMERICAN NOW LOL !!!!!!!!!
giny

Ashland, KY

#52 Apr 22, 2010
LMAO wrote:
B*TCH it's Tuesdays for us.... And the people who live payday to payday are probably paying for their nice cars and houses... oh yeah and probably paying for you foodstamps and kids medical cards!! So you all are the ones praying!! OHHH BY FAR THE BEST COMMENT ON THIS THREAD!!! haha
<quoted text>
B*TCH you're living paycheck to paycheck trying to keep up with people that actually know how to handle money. Having a new car and house you couldnt afford for a year without employment isn't really keeping up with the Jones', is it? And for you to assume that anyone not working at AK receive public assistance, that makes you deeper in stupidity than you are in debt. Keep making the banks rich, that's who I invest with!
Yeah Yeah

Lebanon, KY

#53 Apr 22, 2010
You keep getting rich off your Fantasy Bank!! HAAHA I think it's pretty funny that someone would even want to waste their time coming on this thread unless they are jealous, because if you made more money than Ak employees than you would'nt give a damn. And actually I am not in debt, I was taking up for the people that are at AK who are accused of living paycheck to paycheck! My car is paid for and I paid cash for my home. Why don't you start a thread about lowlife, jealous, people who don't have a life... And put your name at the top. Fag
giny wrote:
<quoted text>
B*TCH you're living paycheck to paycheck trying to keep up with people that actually know how to handle money. Having a new car and house you couldnt afford for a year without employment isn't really keeping up with the Jones', is it? And for you to assume that anyone not working at AK receive public assistance, that makes you deeper in stupidity than you are in debt. Keep making the banks rich, that's who I invest with!
Kygirl

Ironton, OH

#54 Apr 22, 2010
Everbody better learn to live on a little and do a lot of saving more money putting in the old mattress again.Getting to where you can't trust banks anymore.Jobs can come and go now mostly going.Just can't trust having a job for 30 years anymore like my dad did when he worked a ak steel (Armco then).
giny

Ashland, KY

#55 Apr 22, 2010
Yeah Yeah wrote:
You keep getting rich off your Fantasy Bank!! HAAHA I think it's pretty funny that someone would even want to waste their time coming on this thread unless they are jealous, because if you made more money than Ak employees than you would'nt give a damn. And actually I am not in debt, I was taking up for the people that are at AK who are accused of living paycheck to paycheck! My car is paid for and I paid cash for my home. Why don't you start a thread about lowlife, jealous, people who don't have a life... And put your name at the top. Fag
<quoted text>
Let me assure you of a few things. First, I'm certainly not jealous of ANYONE working at AK Steel. I'm not jealous of the income and I'm not jealous of the work environment. And if AK employees can come here and post, why not someone that might make a little more than an AK employee? Contrary to popular belief, AK isnt the top of the blue collar chain in this area. Maybe back in the day, but definitely not today. Which leads to my second assurance. Anyone who brags about their job or station in life is doing one of two things: bragging or trying to make someone else feel bad about their own. Either way, bragging about shopping on an AK income is just f*cking weak. Finally, I assure you I dont care what you have paid off and what you owe. If I worked at AK I would certainly try to pay off as much as possible because the next shutdown is always on the horizon. Oh, and I cannot be a fag if I am donkey punching your mother on a regular basis, can I?
Yeah Yeah

Lebanon, KY

#56 Apr 22, 2010
Well I can assure you that you are not a lady and are probably a trashy white trailor living skank.... Get over yourself... you are probably a welfare recipent and have nothing better to do but get in other people's business. Did your foodstamps run out lol. And if AK does shut down, okay it's not the end of the world. Don't worry honey I'll still pay for your government assistance.
giny wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me assure you of a few things. First, I'm certainly not jealous of ANYONE working at AK Steel. I'm not jealous of the income and I'm not jealous of the work environment. And if AK employees can come here and post, why not someone that might make a little more than an AK employee? Contrary to popular belief, AK isnt the top of the blue collar chain in this area. Maybe back in the day, but definitely not today. Which leads to my second assurance. Anyone who brags about their job or station in life is doing one of two things: bragging or trying to make someone else feel bad about their own. Either way, bragging about shopping on an AK income is just f*cking weak. Finally, I assure you I dont care what you have paid off and what you owe. If I worked at AK I would certainly try to pay off as much as possible because the next shutdown is always on the horizon. Oh, and I cannot be a fag if I am donkey punching your mother on a regular basis, can I?
no he didnt

Ashland, KY

#57 Apr 22, 2010
Yeah Yeah wrote:
Well I can assure you that you are not a lady and are probably a trashy white trailor living skank.... Get over yourself... you are probably a welfare recipent and have nothing better to do but get in other people's business. Did your foodstamps run out lol. And if AK does shut down, okay it's not the end of the world. Don't worry honey I'll still pay for your government assistance.
<quoted text>
Great guess on my gender, although there might be a few ladies donkey punching your mother. I'm not sure how she rolls. And keep guessing me for a citizen of public assistance. It seems to make you feel better. But the AK shutdown is a "when", not "if". Look at the history and current state of steel production. Russia, China, and India are gobbling it up, and they now control the market. Severstal bought Wheeling Pitt, and that probably wont be the end. But the bright side is that maybe one day blowing homeless guys will be a paying profession. In that case, you will always have an income stream.
haterzzz gonna hate

Broken Arrow, OK

#59 Sep 16, 2010
so I'm guessing none of you can benefit from their overpaid tax expenses?? Nobody? aww I thought ashland was full of a bunch of druggies who just love to sit on their asses, collecting unemployment, provided by the hard workers of AK steel! LOL... Don't be jealous, go do for yourself man...and quit hating on men who work their asses off in ANY WEATHER CONDITION, put themselves in dangerous situations anddddd....are forced to work overtime...(and believe me not all of them like working 16 hour shifts back to back with barely any sleep) they deserve every penny they get, what they really need is to not hand most of their money over to you (aka the government) LOL...sorry not everyone is gonna make the same money...and they deserve the well over 80,000 that they make and should not have to give up a cent.. I suppose you expect kings daughters to give up their pay next too huh? It's not greed, it's life... you got your rich, middle class and poor.... its up to you where you end up...
europeanjackmach ine

Delaware, OH

#60 Sep 16, 2010
steelworkers baby marshmellow
info

Ashland, KY

#61 Sep 16, 2010
haterzzz gonna hate wrote:
so I'm guessing none of you can benefit from their overpaid tax expenses?? Nobody? aww I thought ashland was full of a bunch of druggies who just love to sit on their asses, collecting unemployment, provided by the hard workers of AK steel! LOL... Don't be jealous, go do for yourself man...and quit hating on men who work their asses off in ANY WEATHER CONDITION, put themselves in dangerous situations anddddd....are forced to work overtime...(and believe me not all of them like working 16 hour shifts back to back with barely any sleep) they deserve every penny they get, what they really need is to not hand most of their money over to you (aka the government) LOL...sorry not everyone is gonna make the same money...and they deserve the well over 80,000 that they make and should not have to give up a cent.. I suppose you expect kings daughters to give up their pay next too huh? It's not greed, it's life... you got your rich, middle class and poor.... its up to you where you end up...
enjoy it while you can, hope you have plenty saved back, its not looking to good for AK
http://dailyindependent.com/local/x176917122/...
Train Trash

Brea, CA

#62 Sep 16, 2010
@info So I guess what you're saying is any company that posts a loss is gonna shut down? I guess there will not be anymore steel in America since all the mills are posting a loss. Guess we all better brush up on our Chinese and Spanish amigo.
at last

Flatwoods, KY

#63 Sep 19, 2010
I have always admired folks who work thinking they are skilled workers. I guess before you had that position you knew everything about it. So I ask this question how long would it take for a factory to train and replace you. As I was told when a young man there are 100 workers looking over the fence to take your job. I was a Instrument Tech and Pipe Fitter then guess what I trained several apprentices. It only takes a little time.
A skilled worker is a worker that has a skill and is in demand. How many of your brothers are not working that can take your place, it happens everyday there are 100 workers in the same position just waiting to take your place.
Younger,stronger, and willing to work for less. be careful when slamming the folks who make less than you they are your equal and never think they couldnt be trained to do your job. Just because they are not a fortunate to work there doesnt mean they cant.
My entire family have been union brothers for yrs. It started with my granfather a steel worker. It has since spread thu our family from steel workers, aluminum mill, telephone. railroad, construction, trk driver. Some of us maake in the 100 thousand a year range and some in the 30thousnad range thats right a teamster making 30 grand a yr.
If those trks stop everything stops.
As stated I to thought I couldnt be replaced that was before. Now I realize when I look around some of the best apprentice helpers I trained came from McDonalds, Burger King. Walmart, what makes us better than them? Where will you work when your job ends? There are not many jobs that pay over thirty thousand a yr.
I have been in these places and have heard my union brothers slam employes that are serving them and degrading them telling them that they work for the union.
My last commit how many union jobs were in Ashland 40,30, even 10 yrs ago. How many are left and when will they end. The touble isnt the scabs or orlower paid workers it starts with the goverment and out sourcing of jobs.
My brother works at kroger union member make $9.29 a hr was working 40hrs a week now only gets 30. He has worked there since high school but I dont think less of him for that. Im proud he stocks that store so i can shop. I make more in a yr than he will in 5yrs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone in ashland have a hot mailman like ... 14 min Just curious 7
Mayor's debate 20 min Frustrated 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min Loujean 148,094
Woman named Mickey 1 hr Alan 3
addiction recovery care scam 1 hr hellraisuh 1
drinking 1 hr The original Jo Jo 2
Could two employees cheat inside KDMC? 3 hr Patient on April 28 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages