KDMC ...possible layoffs this Friday
YsHoOdItElLu

Brisbane, Australia

#124 May 31, 2012
Well of course the big B!TCH is gone on vacation! You don't expect him to take responsibility for his own actions do ya? They do need to stop the building and keep people working that want to work!! And of course none of the higher up's were affected! How do you expect them to pay for their big houses and all the cars they have and keeping the ho's quiet and paying for all of their kid's tuition to private school and college?
Mommas

United States

#125 May 31, 2012
So u. Lay people off then u pay someone younger then them to come in on overtime to coverthem and u wonder why ur in the red
curious

Salyersville, KY

#126 May 31, 2012
Is shanna still there not sure of last name. She was in charge of float pool.
Lol at b-boy

Titusville, PA

#127 May 31, 2012
B-boy, you're an absolute idiot, as is everyone else who is blaming the KDMC debacle on Obama...your claim that his health care bill has gutted the health care industry is laughable, there is no Obama health care plan, it's never been implemented...even if it had been, explain how KDMC is the only regional medical facility with this problem, why aren't we hearing about the others, I know why, because they aren't having problems...you're just an idiot!!!
To lol at b-boy

Russell, KY

#128 May 31, 2012
Thank you! I keep hearing Obama Obama.... I guess Obama are has only been implemented at kdmc. Yeah, that explains it. Ppl can be so dumb....
Former employee

Ardsley, NY

#129 May 31, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Does anyone know if you had to be AT work to recieve the news of being cut? Or would they have called me? Are they done making the cuts?
Nope, I got a phone call saying I got HEA for the day then another saying come turn in your badge ur position is gone
To lol at b-boy

Russell, KY

#130 May 31, 2012
Obamacare^. Sorry bout the typo...
Nurse Ratchett

Nicholasville, KY

#131 May 31, 2012
Truth wrote:
I was "layed off" about 2 years ago during the first big cleansing. I am here to tell you people of you get the cut tomorrow, it will be the best thing that ever happened to you in the long run. Yeah it will suck at first, you'll have to reorganize and reevaluate your situation. But unless your a lazy worthless pathetic person your gonna get another job. Figure out what you really want to do with your life. Take it as an opportunity to start fresh and enjoy what you do everyday. Don't feel sorry for yourselves, those of you that have a brain and work ethic will be fine and you'll get to watch the evil empire go down in flames from the outside and laugh.
I was a patient qbout 2 years ago when the layoffs took place. I was treated awful. My Mom took care of me. I had complete hip replacement and unable to get up for a period of time. Who knew it was against policy to ask for a wash cloth and towel to freshen up. Those bitches said no. I could go on and on about that visit but just let me say I am taking my insurance coverage(2 coverages) where they will be appreciated and I am treated Like a human being. So in my opinion you nurses get what you deserve. Don't take job cutbacks on the sick. You are useless. So I am sure that the most of you deserve to loose your job. Not all but most.I live few minutes from KDMC I now go to St. Mary's.
know

Ardsley, NY

#132 May 31, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Does anyone know if you had to be AT work to recieve the news of being cut? Or would they have called me? Are they done making the cuts?
they were letting people know to come on in as scheduled and they will do it then?? That's all I know!
getreal

Ardsley, NY

#133 May 31, 2012
YsHoOdItElLu wrote:
Well of course the big B!TCH is gone on vacation! You don't expect him to take responsibility for his own actions do ya? They do need to stop the building and keep people working that want to work!! And of course none of the higher up's were affected! How do you expect them to pay for their big houses and all the cars they have and keeping the ho's quiet and paying for all of their kid's tuition to private school and college?
Sorry u are wrong lots of higher ups were affected....2 vp's and multiple directors...
Janie

Ashland, KY

#134 May 31, 2012
Kdmc was a good small town hospital before they tried to mimic the Cleveland Clinic .They copied everything from the dining rooms down to the "world class care" from the Clinic's play book . the only problem with this is the tristate does not have the population ,resources ,and management to attract world class doctors like the clinic can.Kdmcbis the "paper tiger"of medical care in our region.
noname

Ashland, KY

#135 May 31, 2012
mom wrote:
Coventry cares is medicaid for all the lazy asses that won't work that we pay for!!! Heard four docs and four anesthetist were let go yesterday! Nurse managers are being put back on the floor as floor nurses! Secretaries were let go yesterday. This is so sad a d heart breaking in every aspect, please pray for everyone involved!!
I agree to some of that about coventry care but not all people who are on it are lazy. My husband and I work really hard and pay our bills on time every month his job doesn't offer health care and while mine offers it I can't afford it. I am thankful the program is outrl there. With any programs that help there are those who abuse it.
laid off

United States

#136 May 31, 2012
Nurse Ratchett wrote:
<quoted text>I was a patient qbout 2 years ago when the layoffs took place. I was treated awful. My Mom took care of me. I had complete hip replacement and unable to get up for a period of time. Who knew it was against policy to ask for a wash cloth and towel to freshen up. Those bitches said no. I could go on and on about that visit but just let me say I am taking my insurance coverage(2 coverages) where they will be appreciated and I am treated Like a human being. So in my opinion you nurses get what you deserve. Don't take job cutbacks on the sick. You are useless. So I am sure that the most of you deserve to loose your job. Not all but most.I live few minutes from KDMC I now go to St. Mary's.
Don't paint a picture with such a broad stroke. You may have had a bad nurse but that is no reason to call all KDMC nurses useless and say we deserve to lose (not loose) our jobs. I am a very good, caring nurse yet I was laid off today. I will move on to bigger and better things but I in no way deserved to be laid off and I certainly wasn't useless.
Nurse

Ashland, KY

#137 May 31, 2012
Where was Fred hiding while Rome was burning today?
Anonymous

Ironton, OH

#138 May 31, 2012
getreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry u are wrong lots of higher ups were affected....2 vp's and multiple directors...
I would like to know who the vp's and multiple directors are because I heard no one in upper got the boot. I did hear a couple of doc's are gone not sure who ? How may lay offs all together so far ?
Business ownert

Huntington, WV

#139 May 31, 2012
This is terrible if true. Talk about the snowball effect that this is going to have on the community... Business's/restaurants etc. :(
Anonymous

Ironton, OH

#140 May 31, 2012
Nurse wrote:
Where was Fred hiding while Rome was burning today?
If you have done nothing wrong and are there for your employees than why would you be gone at the most crucial time. I am puzzled why would you go on vacation and not be there to make sure your Fortune 500 company is running smoothly in this crisis!!!! I know all the employees who lost their jobs are wondering how a CEO of a company that is firing people and laying off hundreds of employees can go "ENJOY" his vacation while people are suffering????? I am reminded of the saying actions speak louder than words....
Politics

Flatwoods, KY

#141 May 31, 2012
more layoffs ahead is the word. olbh never gets rid of anyone.
YsHoOdItElLu

Brisbane, Australia

#142 May 31, 2012
getreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe it! Any time they lay anyone off, it's always the nurses and never any of the higher people!
Rnc

Ardsley, NY

#143 May 31, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
What/who is Coventry Care and how does it effect KDMC?
It's basically Medicare and Medicare reimbursement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr -Christopher Jarvis 165,729
Big Sandy Rt. 60 Summit 1 hr Grow a p as ir 2
Booker T. Washington High School 1 hr In the past 5
Fashion World 1 hr Come on now 31
Weak Trump 2 hr The Original Jo Jo 15
hair follicle drug test (Jul '11) 3 hr dawnej 242
Why does industry not come to Boyd and Ashland? 6 hr Ashland Overseer 30

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages