KDMC ...possible layoffs this Friday
A Few Facts

Nicholasville, KY

#268 Jun 7, 2012
tommyh wrote:
<quoted text>They had an inpatient cenus of 34...hardly think they are booming.
If there were only 34 patients in that hospital, it would be closed down. That may represent the number of people in the ER.
YoYo

Russell, KY

#269 Jun 7, 2012
So you want a family member to die just so you can sue?
Kdmc foe wrote:
I used to work at Kdmc-I left when the leaving was good. I saw the writing on the wall that patient care was being put on the back burner and profit was the number 1 priority. The hospital staffed according to census-how many patients on the floor after midnight. Instead of staffing according to the acuity of the patients. This means the good-caring nurses worked hard while some fat ass nurses would have died than got up and provide patient care. Oh,how about laying-off the hard-working nurses and keeping the lazy ones. I could go on and on about this but I won't. Some were on personal phone calls or the Internet-shopping or just to lazy. At times, anyone could see past their fake smile or insincere manner.
I have no respect for Fred Jackson-the closet smoker who lusted after young females-what a jerk.
I also have some personal issues with the hospital-did we all know that Dr. VanDeren is back to work. If that would have been an employee they would have been fired-no second chance. The hospital is too top heavy and money hungry. They don't care about the patients or their employee's at all.
People have not received the care they needed at this so called hospital. I would love to file a lawsuit against them for the incompentency of their staff that eventually lead to the death of a family member. And Fred Jackson was too much of a mouse to meet with family members to discuss the issue-so tar an feather the bastard.
Kdmc foe

Ashland, KY

#270 Jun 7, 2012
YoYo wrote:
So you want a family member to die just so you can sue?
<quoted text>
No-A family member died because of their negligence. When I tried to address the issues at hand, I was met with resistance by the charge nurse, nursing supervisor, social work supervisor all due to the timing of a Holiday Season. My family member received very poor care he was unable to bath himself, order his meals, no mobility. His doctor overlooked his advanced illness and blamed it on the aging process. He did not call in the other doctors involved in his care-no team approach that they advertise so highly. All the upper management cared about was "Press Ganey." If any other people have lost family have lost loved ones due to hospital negligence-they will know how I feel.
b-boy

Ashland, KY

#271 Jun 8, 2012
Ky Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you need to change your glasses or the TV station, because this mess this country is in started long ago, and it is absurd to think that one man who still had enough pride and desire to change this country could do it in four years with an opposing Congress whose main leader vowed to make him a one-term president. Add to that NAFTA and the desire for the wealthy to get wealthier and force the poor to get poorer, and you have the results you see. There is something incredibly wrong with a country who proclaims to support Christianity but has no compassion for people who work for a living yet remain in poverty. Thank goodness I see things differently than you!
Well, the ax is falling at UK medical center in Lexington this week and next.. I guess I am just a bag of hot air after all.. It turns out that a hospital in Chillicothe is in financial trouble too, and probably will either close or lay off.. Rumor has it that Bellefonte is contemplating layoffs... As a doctor I know said yesterday, revenues are down all over the country, people are losing their insurance left and right, so hospitals are suffering as a result.. Wonder why that is? It couldn't be the economic policies put in place the last three years could it? It couldn't be that we now have the highest corporate tax rate in the world (45%) could it? We need to rape the rich now, so they will be poor too.. And they need to give it all so all the young able bodied men who wont support their their families and would rather do drugs wont have to find a job. Your absolutely right, this has nothing to do with the economy..
Slim

Virgie, KY

#272 Jun 8, 2012
b-boy wrote:
<quoted text> And they need to give it all so all the young able bodied men who wont support their their families and would rather do drugs wont have to find a job. Your absolutely right, this has nothing to do with the economy..
Where are the jobs that you speak of? I am not talking about the jobs at McD's for 23 hours per week. Others say get more than one job. Okay, but you don't earn enough to pay for the fuel to get between those jobs. They're not enough jobs available to employ all the unemployed people.
See now

Grayson, KY

#273 Jun 8, 2012
Obama is too blame! Plain an simple he's also going after the coal company's. Before you know our entire region will be screwed.
Hey now

Ashland, KY

#274 Jun 8, 2012
Actually Natural Gas is cheaper and cleaner than Coal. We have as much gas in the ground than we do coal. Plus, it is better for the environment and our local citizens deserve clean air. Which plant did they just switch to natural gas rather than spend the money it would take to keep burning coal in Eastern Kentucky? This is a good thing. It will only help with our polluted skies. Look on the EPA's website and you will see that the "Southern Ohio Valley" has the worst air quality in the country along with L.A.. Burning dirty coal is a major factor in this. Fracking for natural gas will pick up any jobs lost from the coal industry.
Slim

Virgie, KY

#275 Jun 8, 2012
Hey now wrote:
Actually Natural Gas is cheaper and cleaner than Coal. We have as much gas in the ground than we do coal. Plus, it is better for the environment and our local citizens deserve clean air. Which plant did they just switch to natural gas rather than spend the money it would take to keep burning coal in Eastern Kentucky? This is a good thing. It will only help with our polluted skies. Look on the EPA's website and you will see that the "Southern Ohio Valley" has the worst air quality in the country along with L.A.. Burning dirty coal is a major factor in this. Fracking for natural gas will pick up any jobs lost from the coal industry.
And Fracking is not destroying our underground water tables? Just ask those people in Pennsylvania about how the flames shoot from their kitchen faucets when they hold a lighter to it!
duh

Ardsley, NY

#276 Jun 8, 2012
The economy started tanking way before Obama took office. 8 years of Bush Jr and his trillion $ vengeance war started it!
b-boy wrote:
<quoted text> Well, the ax is falling at UK medical center in Lexington this week and next.. I guess I am just a bag of hot air after all.. It turns out that a hospital in Chillicothe is in financial trouble too, and probably will either close or lay off.. Rumor has it that Bellefonte is contemplating layoffs... As a doctor I know said yesterday, revenues are down all over the country, people are losing their insurance left and right, so hospitals are suffering as a result.. Wonder why that is? It couldn't be the economic policies put in place the last three years could it? It couldn't be that we now have the highest corporate tax rate in the world (45%) could it? We need to rape the rich now, so they will be poor too.. And they need to give it all so all the young able bodied men who wont support their their families and would rather do drugs wont have to find a job. Your absolutely right, this has nothing to do with the economy..
lou

United States

#277 Jun 8, 2012
Kdmc foe wrote:
I used to work at Kdmc-I left when the leaving was good. I saw the writing on the wall that patient care was being put on the back burner and profit was the number 1 priority. The hospital staffed according to census-how many patients on the floor after midnight. Instead of staffing according to the acuity of the patients. This means the good-caring nurses worked hard while some fat ass nurses would have died than got up and provide patient care. Oh,how about laying-off the hard-working nurses and keeping the lazy ones. I could go on and on about this but I won't. Some were on personal phone calls or the Internet-shopping or just to lazy. At times, anyone could see past their fake smile or insincere manner.
I have no respect for Fred Jackson-the closet smoker who lusted after young females-what a jerk.
I also have some personal issues with the hospital-did we all know that Dr. VanDeren is back to work. If that would have been an employee they would have been fired-no second chance. The hospital is too top heavy and money hungry. They don't care about the patients or their employee's at all.
People have not received the care they needed at this so called hospital. I would love to file a lawsuit against them for the incompentency of their staff that eventually lead to the death of a family member. And Fred Jackson was too much of a mouse to meet with family members to discuss the issue-so tar an feather the bastard.
Do you know of any hospitals that actually staff according to acuity? I'm just wondering because I'd like to work at one!
Yep

Ardsley, NY

#278 Jun 8, 2012
People fail to realize that Bush's administration set all of the new EPA regs into motion. And set the stage for the economical crash.
duh wrote:
The economy started tanking way before Obama took office. 8 years of Bush Jr and his trillion $ vengeance war started it!
<quoted text>

Since: Feb 10

Henderson, KY

#279 Jun 8, 2012
A Few Facts wrote:
First, doctors weren't fired. Their contracts were due for renewal and the hospital decided not to renew them.
Uh, that’s called being fired.
Many doctors who work for a hospital or university work on a yearly basis. Contract not being renewed = fired.

No other way to say it.
another nurse

Ashland, KY

#280 Jun 8, 2012
Nurse wrote:
<quoted text>If what you say is true then why is olbh booming? Just asking
I don't know how you can say OLBH is "boomimg". 2 weeks ago the census for the entire hospital was 60.
A Few Facts

Ashland, KY

#281 Jun 8, 2012
Haigin88 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, that’s called being fired.
Many doctors who work for a hospital or university work on a yearly basis. Contract not being renewed = fired.

No other way to say it.
True. But in my opinion, I'd rather not have my contract renewed than be fired. Being fired has a bad feel to it. You have to agree with that.
Hey now

Ashland, KY

#282 Jun 9, 2012
A Few Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But in my opinion, I'd rather not have my contract renewed than be fired. Being fired has a bad feel to it. You have to agree with that.
Either way you don't get paid. That makes anyone feel bad. Who cares what it's called?
KDMsee

Russell, KY

#283 Jun 9, 2012
Did Connie Maynard in rehab get laid off?
In the Know

United States

#284 Jun 9, 2012
don't know how you can say OLBH is "boomimg". 2 weeks ago the census for the entire hospital was 60.

Just love the rumors. First, the census at OLBH is 34.Then I hear it's hovering near 40. OMG! What to do? What to do?
People, the census has remained steady at numbers WAY above the numbers rumored. The CEO has a handle on things, as does the Bon Secour community.
Will there be lay offs at OLBH? Hey, people gotta fan the flame. Makes it more interesting food for fodder, doesn't it? Just keep the KDMC folks in your thoughts and prayers.
A Few Facts

Ardsley, NY

#285 Jun 10, 2012
Hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Either way you don't get paid. That makes anyone feel bad. Who cares what it's called?
I wasn't the one who originally complained about how I worded the post.
melvin

Ardsley, NY

#286 Jun 10, 2012
Well they saying years ago was with all the jobs being lost the health care field was the safest. Think again!
Goblinwang

Ashland, KY

#287 Jun 11, 2012
I've got great news! I talked to Fred over the weekend and he is moving everybody that got laid off to Portsmouth when the new Hospital opens! Fred is my Uncle and I hate that so many people don't really know what a fine man he is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min ChromiuMan 149,014
Democrat dream team...The Fellon & The Fraud 29 min The Original JoJo 50
Ray Bone 52 min Homie 8
brewerthekidlover 1 hr Pip Rademaker 25
Charlyn Ann Beckwith (Nov '10) 1 hr Jailbird 5
kroger's 2x fuel coupon 2 hr Mad 1
Bear Creek Bandits motorcyle club (May '10) 2 hr bid ed 151

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages