Should gays be allowed to adopt?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Homeless Children

Ashland, KY

#1 Nov 20, 2010
Or should we increase the anonymous accessibility of birth control and abortion services to prevent accidental pregnancies and unwanted babies in the first place?

KY- Now at #7 out of 50 in "States with highest teen pregnancies" contest!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/sou...

Children born to teenagers are at higher risk of being born prematurely, having low birth weight and dying during infancy, the CDC reports - http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/state-is...
Dude

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2010
No kids have enough problems!
haha

Richmond, KY

#3 Nov 20, 2010
YES! YES! YES! im am straight but i do feel gay people can be good parents.If we didnt live in such a small redneck town everybody would see that no mater the sex of the parents children just need love.
devils advocate

Louisa, KY

#4 Nov 20, 2010
There is no legal, ethical, or moral reason why same sex couples can't only adopted but also marry. Marriage is a government institution- hence above the petty and narrow minded views of organized religion.It is a violation of civil rights and personal liberty to alloow descrimination against same sex couples to continue.
definitely

United States

#5 Nov 20, 2010
Yes gays should be able to adopt!! I know gay couples that would make awesome parents!!
NOPE

Flatwoods, KY

#6 Nov 20, 2010
Gays should not be allow to adopt. They can't have the naturally, so they should be allow to adopt. If God wanted them to have kids, he would allow them to reproduce. It is an abomination!!!!
NOPE

Flatwoods, KY

#7 Nov 20, 2010
Gays should not be allow to adopt. They can't have them naturally, so they shouldn't be allow to adopt. If God wanted them to have kids, He would allow them to reproduce. It is an abomination!!!!

Sorry typos fixed. I am tired.
devils advocate

Louisa, KY

#8 Nov 20, 2010
nope so if we would take your logic to the natural conclusion hetrosexual couples that can;t concive ought to be allowed to adopted wither? Your verison have "god" has nothing to do with civil law nor civil institutions.
TAY

United States

#9 Nov 20, 2010
ABSOLUTELY... i know plenty of same sex couples that would make amazing parents.. i would much rather leave my children with them other than 98% of most women i know!
Yes

Richmond, KY

#10 Nov 20, 2010
Of course Gays should be allowed to adopt. I dont' see one good reason not. They are very loving and nurturing people. Before anyone adopts they are screened to ensure they are able to provide a good home for the child. As long as they are emotionally and stable financially, I see no reason not. Gays deserve the same rights as straights.
Straight supporting gay

Clarksville, IN

#11 Nov 20, 2010
NOPE wrote:
Gays should not be allow to adopt. They can't have the naturally, so they should be allow to adopt. If God wanted them to have kids, he would allow them to reproduce. It is an abomination!!!!
You are the most narrow-minded person I've ever seen. You obviously have no perpective in to basic human rights. I'm a straight female in which I'm unable to have children naturally. I'm young(21) and was told if I were able to get pregnant I would have to do that now. But I choose not to until I can get to a place in my life at which I can finacially provide for myself and a child. A child that will be ADOPTED. So because I won't give birth to this child "naturally" does that make me an abomination? I would rather see a child grow up in a GAY loving, stable, and productive family. Than grow up with a pillhead/alcoholic/uneducated/ junkie as a mother/father. Love is love, as long as it's healthy it doesn't matter who is providing it to who. This is 2010 we need to leave religion at church. it should not be a part of our goverment as it is now. Gay people are human, and some of the best people I know are gay. Just because you may not like their lifestyle, why should they be stripped of the right to marry whom they love and give child who deserve to be loved a home that can provide that? But I'm sure you'd rather see a child move to foster home to foster home and never have an sense of stability than be placed with a gay family, wouldn't you?
definitely

United States

#12 Nov 20, 2010
You go straight supporting gay!!! I agree 100%
yup

Ashland, KY

#13 Nov 21, 2010
I definitely think that gays should be able to adopt just like anyone else could. Its ridiculous how close minded some people are e.g. the bible thumping fanatics that think gays are an "abonination." Thats the only problem I could think of is other children of these religous fanatics that have been taught to be as close minded as their parents making fun of or bullying children with gay parents....especially in a town like this.
NOPE

Flatwoods, KY

#14 Nov 21, 2010
I can't believe the morals of the people have left this area. It isn't being "closed minded," it is what GOD said. I am not going to believe a lie and be damned. Being gay is WRONG and and ABOMINATION. What happened to Sodom and Gomorrah?? God destroyed them. All for sexual wickedness. ie being gay.

Leviticus 18:22 : "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13 : "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Today the penalty of death comes in the form of AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. It also brings death to the soul and spirit of man because the life of God is pushed out by indulging in something that is an abomination to God.

Romans 1:24-32:

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

These scriptures clearly state that these vile affections of men lusting for other men (gay men) or women lusting for other women (lesbians) are not the natural affections God created men and women to have for one another. Let me say here that God loves all homosexuals! However, He hates the deeds of homosexuality because they are sinful. God did not create any human being as a homosexual. They are not born that way, just as murderers are not born that way. However, these spirits can be transmitted to children, especially if someone who had this demonic spirit seduced or raped a child--or even if they were close to gay people. These demons can also be imparted to others through unholy sexual acts.
Bright Eyes

Flatwoods, KY

#15 Nov 21, 2010
I agree with Nope!
devils advocate

Louisa, KY

#16 Nov 21, 2010
nope you have no right to enforce your mytholgical bible on this country. The fantasy bible has no relevence to civil or legal rights. You are a bigot, and the government ought not discriminate against someone no matter what there race, gender, or sexual preference is.
NOPE

Flatwoods, KY

#17 Nov 21, 2010
devils advocate wrote:
nope you have no right to enforce your mytholgical bible on this country. The fantasy bible has no relevence to civil or legal rights. You are a bigot, and the government ought not discriminate against someone no matter what there race, gender, or sexual preference is.
If I don't have any rights, then you don't have the right to be stupid. Where do you think civil and legal rights came from?? That is right, THE BIBLE. If you don't believe that, then you are a moron. This is a CHRISTIAN country. If you don't like that, you have the RIGHT to LEAVE. The LORD JESUS CHRIST gives me the right and authority to enforce the Bible on this country. You name does have a ring of truth to it. YOU ARE an advocate for the DEVIL!
BeenThere

United States

#18 Nov 21, 2010
I know several gay and lesbian people who have adopted children. These kids have been taken out of homes with parents who are drug addicts, alcoholics, and teach their children that it is acceptable to have sex with your siblings and parents. These kids have now been in a home that has taught them to go to school, manners, respect and they will become viable citizens to society. They are thriving. Much better than their biological parents.
devils advocate

Louisa, KY

#19 Nov 21, 2010
Nope America is not a christian country- I don't know were you heard that lie. A great number of the founding fathers were deist not christians. Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine were all deist. Christian like you want to turn america into the christian verison of Iran.

Civil and common law are influence by the bible, but we have lots of laws in this country that don't conform to christianity, because the united states government is a secular institution. I don't know if you ever heard seperation of church and state- but Jefferson spoke of it, and the founding fathers had a fear of how religion could corrupted government.

Once again I know alot of christians have reading comprehension issues, or else they wouldn't believe the bible nonesense. No where, no one document supports your idea that one america is a christian nation. Two the founding father intention was to create a christian nation. Hundreds of contradictions in the bible, so much for the word of god.
Brother

Flatwoods, KY

#20 Nov 21, 2010
devils advocate wrote:
Nope America is not a christian country- I don't know were you heard that lie. A great number of the founding fathers were deist not christians. Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine were all deist. Christian like you want to turn america into the christian verison of Iran.
Civil and common law are influence by the bible, but we have lots of laws in this country that don't conform to christianity, because the united states government is a secular institution. I don't know if you ever heard seperation of church and state- but Jefferson spoke of it, and the founding fathers had a fear of how religion could corrupted government.
Once again I know alot of christians have reading comprehension issues, or else they wouldn't believe the bible nonesense. No where, no one document supports your idea that one america is a christian nation. Two the founding father intention was to create a christian nation. Hundreds of contradictions in the bible, so much for the word of god.
You are an idiot. I hope you change your ways before it's too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Raju 149,854
newbuckly homoside 1 hr Mittensmom 137
COPS LIVES MATTERS & Thugs get what they get... 1 hr Voice of Reason 40
when will people understand this 1 hr Bill 157
Michelle Obama Looks Like An Ape (Jan '13) 3 hr Ben 154
Ashland eagles (Jul '15) 3 hr Gary 41
DNC builds WALLS around the DNC convention?????? 4 hr rick 10
corruption in the courts 6 hr screwed the rest 168
Bellefonte Country Club (Jan '15) 10 hr guess who 111
W T F is going on New Buckley Tue Becky 20