easy peasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Bleh! So far..both bands this month suck..
Waste

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

easy peasy wrote:
Bleh! So far..both bands this month suck..
drummer sux, worst i ever heard.. Was he playing the same song as the rest of them?
HolyRoller

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

You're right. They were sucky. Really bad. My wife, buddy and I were sitting next to a slutty old drunk washed up looking chick who was LOUDLY going on and on about how great they were and how bad she was wanting to rekindle a romance with the guitarist and how jealous she was of someone named Cindy. Not a good experience. The singer and drummer are lousy! They sucked donkey balls! Where are the good bands at?
easy peasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Sounds like tons of fun..:/ There's nothing worth listening to around here. Be glad you didn't have to suffer through "Badly Bent" and the "Cornbread..". Horrible horrible month at Boomer's. Im headed to the Laidback now.. you won't catch me in the company of that trash!
fawn dell myballs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

HolyRoller wrote:
was playing at Boomers last. Thoughts?
Just a word of caution, the cornbread mafia is a very real, very dangerous " group" in central KY. They have contacts all across the country and have been known to, well quiet people. Plus they are a crappy band.
Bad Mojo

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

HolyRoller wrote:
Just a word of caution, the cornbread mafia is a very real, very dangerous " group" in central KY. They have contacts all across the country and have been known to, well quiet people. Plus they are a crappy band.

No one here is talking about the organized crime group, we're talking about a shitty band!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornbread_mafia
easy peasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Yes.. it mentions the "now-defuct" band. Haha!
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

There are 2 bands- The Cornbread Mafia Band (playing at Boomer's) and Cornbread Mafia (other band)
joey toey

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

well wrote:
There are 2 bands- The Cornbread Mafia Band (playing at Boomer's) and Cornbread Mafia (other band)
mojo king wanna be's bahahaaaaa!
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I'm not sure exactly what band you were seeing or listening to I'll agree that the one guy I guess he would be the singer the guy in the middle is not great and the drummer is not the best, but the other guys in the band make up for it they are good musicians and good singers they played pretty wide variety of music and arr very nice guys, my wife and I were there both nights I kniw their were 100 people or more at that place through the night and most seemed to be having a pretty good time were all entitles to our opinions though, but if there are people reading these posts you should give the band a listen for yourself..a good band and good entertainment.
judy

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I was there both nights as well. Friday was the first time I have ever saw the band and I was impressed enough to go back the second night and they were even better then. They are just as good as anyone I have heard around here and I hope to see more of them. Good job guys, keep Rockin!
info

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Just goes to show you how tone deaf and drunk some people are. They are absolutely the worst band I've heard out of being in the music business for over 30 years. And I'm being honest not mean. They seem like good guys but be real they suck as musicians.
info

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Oh yea and no way there could have been 100 people in there last night. Probably about 20 at the most.
JustAGirl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

info wrote:
Just goes to show you how tone deaf and drunk some people are. They are absolutely the worst band I've heard out of being in the music business for over 30 years. And I'm being honest not mean. They seem like good guys but be real they suck as musicians.
Agreed! They are a hot mess!:)
Bad Mojo

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

info wrote:
Oh yea and no way there could have been 100 people in there last night. Probably about 20 at the most.
The truth of the matter is that half of the people who are going to actually sing the praises of these horrible local bands like TCM and Mojo King are their family, friends, and fan girls. You guys don't count! Just cause you love these guys or think they are hot doesn't make you an authority on talent!
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

I'm maybe not an authority on talent but these guys are good and I can tell you they had as good of a crowd both nights as anyone does there, not saying they're better then any other band..but they're good and great entertainers they did have people dancing all night, there wasn't 100 people there at one time but I know for a fact there were that many through the door. These are good musicians and if you want a wide variety of music and some fun check em out..if ya don't like them really all you need to do is go somewhere else.
joe

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Bad Mojo wrote:
HolyRoller wrote:
No one here is talking about the organized crime group, we're talking about a shitty band!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornbread_mafia
lol the cornbread mafia from central ky is a media hoax. there were several young men in central ky growing pot and selling it to a dealer in michigan, he got busted and had log books with the names of growers most from springfield ky. they are mostly serving prison terms now
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

It's prob Joey that started this post bc he's jealous!!!
Missy

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

My friend Becca and I saw them Saturday night. They aren't spectacular but their fun! Some people are too critical. Isn't it about having a good time? We enjoyed ourselves. The guitarist is a hottie too!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

116 Users are viewing the Ashland Forum right now

Search the Ashland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,915
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min SNYB 127,992
stolen items 23 min Greatly Amused 7
cheating 36 min aint that the truth 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Marie 16,113
Islamic Center of Ashland 1 hr Inform yourself 15
Kelli hall battle 1 hr Karma 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ashland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ashland People Search