how do u get a medical card?
strait up

Ashland, KY

#21 Oct 4, 2011
If your really sick and do not have children you can not get medical help,is only for people that have kids or claim to be disabled.We reward people for having kids.
cursedone

United States

#22 Oct 4, 2011
Yeah only the middle class should be able to have children. Really?!?! How many of us would be here today if our poor, low income parents had been forced into birth control.
strait up

Ashland, KY

#23 Oct 4, 2011
When a teenager knows that having a baby can provide her with an apartment of their own thats wrong! To live on welfare knowing they can not support the child they have and have another and another thats wrong!To set on your ass not trying to make life better for your child that is wrong! If your already struggling and think its going to get easier after you have children then your planning on living on assistance
sillyness

Youngstown, OH

#24 Oct 4, 2011
You people are so stupid. All anyone ever bitches about in these type threads is how they pay for this or that for people who don't work. Well get over yourself because truth is you don't pay for shit. I am 26 years old and have not worked for 4 years and I can guarantee that none of you idiots have payed anything for me, I have a family who helps me out and guess what? They pay taxes too and have payed them in this City of decades! You act like if someone posted that they do not have insurance and went to the doctor that you personally payed for it out of your pocket.
greg

Elizabeth, NJ

#25 Oct 4, 2011
sillyness wrote:
You people are so stupid. All anyone ever bitches about in these type threads is how they pay for this or that for people who don't work. Well get over yourself because truth is you don't pay for shit. I am 26 years old and have not worked for 4 years and I can guarantee that none of you idiots have payed anything for me, I have a family who helps me out and guess what? They pay taxes too and have payed them in this City of decades! You act like if someone posted that they do not have insurance and went to the doctor that you personally payed for it out of your pocket.
Spoken like a true lazy ass freeloader
Ashland

New York, NY

#26 Oct 4, 2011
greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true lazy ass freeloader
I agree. Like to see where they would be without us working people. They are such idiots!!!!! Guess they think all that government money falls from the sky. They need to go to work and support us for awhile. So sick of hearing how entitled they are and how dare we call them lazy. From what I see their are very few that are really in need.
Steph

Nicholasville, KY

#27 Oct 5, 2011
strait up wrote:
When a teenager knows that having a baby can provide her with an apartment of their own thats wrong! To live on welfare knowing they can not support the child they have and have another and another thats wrong!To set on your ass not trying to make life better for your child that is wrong! If your already struggling and think its going to get easier after you have children then your planning on living on assistance
And what if the alternative is abortion?
duh

Flatwoods, KY

#28 Oct 5, 2011
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
you get off your lazy ass and get a job and then you get insurance through your work. shouldnt take too long.
Do you know that most jobs around here don't give you insurance because all you can get is part time!!!! get a clue!!!!!!!
Ashland

New York, NY

#29 Oct 5, 2011
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that most jobs around here don't give you insurance because all you can get is part time!!!! get a clue!!!!!!!
So you too lazy to work 2 jobs. That's what's wrong with the world. Let's all cry and boohoo cuz it's to much to ask for people to work 2 part time jobs. What elese do u have to do with your time besides sit at home and not clean your house or take decent care of your kids. So sick of people like you. How about this clue, let's all just stop working and supporting you people then let's see how far you'll get with out us working people paying your way and supporting you. You like to bad mouth us so bad but you sure don't mind taking our hand outs.
Abortionator

Nicholasville, KY

#30 Oct 6, 2011
Should those who adopt unwanted babies receive welfare?
Groza

Berea, KY

#31 Oct 6, 2011
Funny how ppl bitch about their taxes going to help ppl.... Your tax dollars mostly go to social security, medicare and defense.... The social security and Medicare ppl worked their whole lives for it and deserve to get it so u surely can't complain about that.... The defense budget goes to making sure all the defense companies CEOs stay incredibly rich while our soldiers come home and get next to nothing and no complaints from u... Only thing u can find to bitch about is ppl who have hit hard times... It's weird.. I bet u call yourselves Christians too lol
red

Elizabeth, NJ

#32 Oct 6, 2011
Do absolutely nothing.
SingleMommyRight Here

Versailles, KY

#33 Oct 10, 2011
to me here - I would like to know how you pay for my existence.? Seeing as how I get no medical card, food stamps, clothing vouchers, ect. Me and my boyfriend work very hard to provide for our child so that we do not have to use all of the gov't help. I go to school 4 days a weeks and atleast 30 hours in 3 days so that I can support myself and my child. and guess what, i got pregnant at 18, in my senior year of high school, so watch what you say, not every young mother is deadbeat, living off of welfare.! I work for my shit.! and i pay taxes just like you say you do, but i really dout that you actually work, you are probably just another person living off of welfare and saying this so that you can feel better for yourself.! Young mothers go hard.!I work my ass for myself and my child and go to school to better our life, so watch your self, karma is a bitch.!

“Hell is coming to breakfast”

Since: Jul 11

Ashland

#34 Oct 10, 2011
blue collar wrote:
Apparently you just sit around and pop out kids while I bust my butt to pay for you, then even with my job and insurance, still have to pay sky high premiums for my spouse and kids. But don't worry sweetheart, you'll get your free medical benefits, food stamps, clothing vouchers, wic, welfare checks and every other hand out possible I'm sure. Don't trouble yourself to get out and get a job or otherwise be a contributing member of society. And before anyone jumps me for being "too mean", you obviously take hand outs, too. You can have an opinion on this when you have to pay out the wazoo in taxes for all the lazy asses. Otherwise, sit back, relax, and enjoy my hard-earned money.
This post must have been cut off before this prick could go on about all of the government waste in terms of defense spending or other government contracts. How about the unfunded, vote-buying Medicare Part D that likely supports his mother and will someday support him? Surely there is more to this post. It couldn't be that someone would rail against the poor, all the while omitting the facts I've mentioned above. Then again, someone has to elect the Republicans.

Eagerly awaiting your reply....
hmmmm

Ashland, KY

#35 Oct 10, 2011
For those ppl who do work I do applaude you because you do have a job, but what about those who have health issues that keeps them from working certain types of jobs. And as for an IUD and birth control shots, well, check on info about certain health problems that do not allow ppl to be on birth control and if you are to retarded to look it up, then let me give you an example, blood clots. People who get blood clots are not allowed to be on birth control because guess what one of the side effects are blood clots. And it is not so easy to find a job around here. I have been looking for months and still haven found anything. And as for any one will get a medical card, well that is bullshit, because I have serious health issues and I cant get one and before any of you smart ass punks say anything, I cant even get insurance threw someone like Blue Cross and Blue Shield because my health conditon can be life threatening. So before you stupid assholes open your mouth and put people down, get your facts straight before complaining about other people because for your 411 you sure as fuck arent perfect.
foundsome

Ashland, KY

#36 Oct 11, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
For those ppl who do work I do applaude you because you do have a job, but what about those who have health issues that keeps them from working certain types of jobs. And as for an IUD and birth control shots, well, check on info about certain health problems that do not allow ppl to be on birth control and if you are to retarded to look it up, then let me give you an example, blood clots. People who get blood clots are not allowed to be on birth control because guess what one of the side effects are blood clots. And it is not so easy to find a job around here. I have been looking for months and still haven found anything. And as for any one will get a medical card, well that is bullshit, because I have serious health issues and I cant get one and before any of you smart ass punks say anything, I cant even get insurance threw someone like Blue Cross and Blue Shield because my health conditon can be life threatening. So before you stupid assholes open your mouth and put people down, get your facts straight before complaining about other people because for your 411 you sure as fuck arent perfect.
hmmm lets see, cintas, ashland specialty, all john clark stores, dollar store, are just a few thats hiring and i didnt even have to do anything but drive by their place. now get off your lazy ass and find a job and get off my dime.
me here

Ashland, KY

#37 Oct 11, 2011
SingleMommyRightHere wrote:
to me here - I would like to know how you pay for my existence.? Seeing as how I get no medical card, food stamps, clothing vouchers, ect. Me and my boyfriend work very hard to provide for our child so that we do not have to use all of the gov't help. I go to school 4 days a weeks and atleast 30 hours in 3 days so that I can support myself and my child. and guess what, i got pregnant at 18, in my senior year of high school, so watch what you say, not every young mother is deadbeat, living off of welfare.! I work for my shit.! and i pay taxes just like you say you do, but i really dout that you actually work, you are probably just another person living off of welfare and saying this so that you can feel better for yourself.! Young mothers go hard.!I work my ass for myself and my child and go to school to better our life, so watch your self, karma is a bitch.!
should have kept your legs closed and you wouldnt be in your situation. and if it makes you feel better, you can pretend i'm anything you want. we both know the truth, you live off the governments teet and my tax dollars so dont speak unless spoken to.
blue collar

Ashland, KY

#38 Oct 11, 2011
mrnobody2u wrote:
<quoted text>This post must have been cut off before this prick could go on about all of the government waste in terms of defense spending or other government contracts. How about the unfunded, vote-buying Medicare Part D that likely supports his mother and will someday support him? Surely there is more to this post. It couldn't be that someone would rail against the poor, all the while omitting the facts I've mentioned above. Then again, someone has to elect the Republicans.

Eagerly awaiting your reply....
1. I'm female.
2. Defense spending was never a topic of conversation, but since you brought it up, here we go. I do not condone a war under falsified intentions. I do, however support those who fight to give me and my family peace of mind. I only wish they had better benefits, pay and health care.
3. I think that Medicare and social security are wonderful programs. You pay into these programs as you work so that you can use them in your retirement years. It's a great system and in no way is what I would consider welfare. It's something that we pay for now, so that we can use it later.
4. Let me be clear. If you are a veteran, disabled, or legitimately cannot work, then yes. I do believe that welfare is deserved. I also think that everyone is entitled to it on a temporary basis. I do not, however, think that being obese is a disability. Having children is not a disability. Being lazy is not a disability. There should be a time limit for how long someone can use welfare. I also cannot stand people who are picky about their jobs. If you are on government assistance and you are passing on jobs because they just aren't "what you want", you're full of yourself. Staying on assistance because you don't like the jobs available in an economy like this is just stupid.

In closing, yes government assistance is a great program when implemented properly. I do not, however think that people who have just figured out how to screw the system or people who are just too damn lazy to do work deserve it. Too many people who legitimately need assistance are turned away. Meanwhile, while I work one of my two jobs, someone tries to buy Jordan shoes with a food stamp card. Then when we can't take it, pulls out a wad of money and throws two hundreds at me. That's not what the assistance program was intended for. Neither was supporting someone who uses this as their first choice, not a last resort when everything else fails.

And I am most certainly not a republican, though I do have a few conservative view points. In college I thought that welfare was wonderful, then I went to work and saw the people living high on the hog by screwing the system while I ate ramen noodles every day to keep my bills paid. I have become jaded and the things I encountered working retail have swayed my opinion and there isn't much that will change my mind.
Uncle Sam

Ashland, KY

#39 Oct 11, 2011
I too agree, if you are not working an not wanting to work and living off government assistance, you should be sterile.
We have enough lazy people draining the money for the real workers of america who go to work daily to support the the system and us whom are putting away money for our golden years. We should enjoy our golden years, and not these lazy people now days where everyday is a friday and saturday, going to school only is not work, I went to school, when I was youngster to better myself and I did.
I also hate seeing these people walking and talking about how they are over-qualified for all jobs, and the jobs they want must be management, or they can't work the weekends, or shift work. ETC ETC.

“Hell is coming to breakfast”

Since: Jul 11

Ashland

#40 Oct 11, 2011
blue collar wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm female.
2. Defense spending was never a topic of conversation, but since you brought it up, here we go. I do not condone a war under falsified intentions. I do, however support those who fight to give me and my family peace of mind. I only wish they had better benefits, pay and health care.
3. I think that Medicare and social security are wonderful programs. You pay into these programs as you work so that you can use them in your retirement years. It's a great system and in no way is what I would consider welfare. It's something that we pay for now, so that we can use it later.
4. Let me be clear. If you are a veteran, disabled, or legitimately cannot work, then yes. I do believe that welfare is deserved. I also think that everyone is entitled to it on a temporary basis. I do not, however, think that being obese is a disability. Having children is not a disability. Being lazy is not a disability. There should be a time limit for how long someone can use welfare. I also cannot stand people who are picky about their jobs. If you are on government assistance and you are passing on jobs because they just aren't "what you want", you're full of yourself. Staying on assistance because you don't like the jobs available in an economy like this is just stupid.
In closing, yes government assistance is a great program when implemented properly. I do not, however think that people who have just figured out how to screw the system or people who are just too damn lazy to do work deserve it. Too many people who legitimately need assistance are turned away. Meanwhile, while I work one of my two jobs, someone tries to buy Jordan shoes with a food stamp card. Then when we can't take it, pulls out a wad of money and throws two hundreds at me. That's not what the assistance program was intended for. Neither was supporting someone who uses this as their first choice, not a last resort when everything else fails.
And I am most certainly not a republican, though I do have a few conservative view points. In college I thought that welfare was wonderful, then I went to work and saw the people living high on the hog by screwing the system while I ate ramen noodles every day to keep my bills paid. I have become jaded and the things I encountered working retail have swayed my opinion and there isn't much that will change my mind.
Wow, a list followed by paragraphs. It's OK to hate the poor and resent the fact that you work and have very little to show for it. You are certainly not alone. This is precisely what happens in a society like ours. It seems that there is a ton of misplaced anger. The anger is understood, just misplaced.

The economy isn't working for us, and there is no denying that. I don't like a piece of shit who won't hit a lick, either. That said, I know that they are not the reason why things are the way they are. Set your sights higher, much higher. Then you'll target the real reason why millions are working jobs that are really not important, are paid just enough to get by, all the while we have a plethora of work that needs to be done.

When we target the poor, we waste energy that would be better applied elsewhere. Sorry I called you a prick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clintons are done, game is over, gig is up 6 min ous-student 3
The Sop hair salon WW 21 min trailer trash 38
Trump rating himself 56 min Bannon 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 169,904
Why Roy Moore will win 1 hr Bannon 52
Local tattoo artists 1 hr Numerous tattoos 11
American women 1 hr Jack Gordon 7
Tri-state lawn care raid Fri Trading Firearms 15

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages