Ashland Police
Dr Say What

Ashland, KY

#42 Jan 5, 2013
APD SUCKS: Todays paper has Security Jobs in the help wanted adds, you'll never be what you want to be A real COP ( I can tell this by YOUR words ), I agree that you could not make the Cut as others have pointed out. Dear I am so Sorry but you are a LOSER.
Carrie

United States

#43 Jan 5, 2013
You are all sleeping safe and sound in your beds tonight Thanks to the brave people of the APD and other departments! Thank you all for doing a great job!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#44 Jan 6, 2013
There may be a few good local cops but most of the good ones only stay long enough to get experience to go else where. That was the reason the city started requiring them to stay 3 yrs. or pay the city back for the training. Of course the city said it was to go elsewhere for higher pay. The ones with higher pay also have higher cost of living so only a fool would do it for pay alone. McBride was the one who lowered the morale on the force to begin with by informing crooks who were snitching. Kelly continued it. Ratcliff seems to be trying but I haven't seen much beyond an occassional drive through on the east end. So I don't know. But I do know east Ashland's Neighborhood Watch was told it didn't matter how many witnesses saw the crime if the police didn't see it, it didn't happen. So we finally gave up & those of us who care started watching out for each other because you call the police you get harassed by the criminals (someone has to be telling them) & even sometimes by the police. If someone speeds through your neighborhood hits your car & takes off & you have the description, license plate and/or name the police ask the perpetrator & if they deny it (even if it's obvious) they do nothing. Yet if I cross the Greenup Co. line & see a reckless driver & call 911 they'll take my number & actually investigate. I even had a cop tell me there wasn't anything he could do about a big time drug dealer in my neighborhood except give me parking tickets & other small stuff because the officer would get in trouble for messing with him. When Boyd Co. & State Police got involved the dealer was finally busted. Later it was discovered the state had been doing an in depth, undercover investigation for over 6 months and the only reasons the APD was called in was for the arrests & because it was their district. I've never been arrested or incarcerated & I'm in my late 50s.I even had quite a few friends who were cops growing up. I don't know what percentage is morale problems & what part is bad cops. But the last 20 yrs. or so I've been ashamed of what we call our police force & it has nothing to do with any criminal activity on my part.
Oh yea

New York, NY

#45 Jan 6, 2013
now now wrote:
APD SUCKS; you are just a hater, you are not good enough to serve so you hate on others, I'd say Sir you are a PUNK. I am 50+ and have never had any problems with the Law, be good do the right thing and everything will be OK, it seems with comments you have made you are just a trouble making punk, I hope the Law does pick on you.
I'm 54 have never broke the law in my life but yet another person ran a red light hitting me, the daughter jumps out of the drivers seat cussing me out. I call apd where the dispatcher says move our vehicles to a parking lot. An hr goes by and I call again being told they came and couldn't find us. They Send another cop who pulls in with the lady's husband in front of him, they joke around and it turns out its ok for the mother to say she was driving and it was my fault she runs the red light. APD is nothing but a joke.
Oh yea

New York, NY

#46 Jan 6, 2013
You can be a crook a drug dealer it doesn't matter as long as you have friends in the right place, it will all go away with the friends help. This whole town is corrupt and no one can be trusted.
Oh yea

New York, NY

#47 Jan 6, 2013
Carrie wrote:
You are all sleeping safe and sound in your beds tonight Thanks to the brave people of the APD and other departments! Thank you all for doing a great job!
Excuse me but you must be a cop or a friend of one. My neighborhood don't sleep at night because of the drugged up neighbor that let's there kids knock on people's windows at 3 an 4 am. Painting things they shouldn't be on elderly neighbors houses. I've called the police on them several times and watch a police car fly up the road not even looking for the kids so I call back saying exactly where the kids are and another cop car flys up the road and keeps on going, not even looking where they were at.
Omg

United States

#48 Jan 6, 2013
Oh yea wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but you must be a cop or a friend of one. My neighborhood don't sleep at night because of the drugged up neighbor that let's there kids knock on people's windows at 3 an 4 am. Painting things they shouldn't be on elderly neighbors houses. I've called the police on them several times and watch a police car fly up the road not even looking for the kids so I call back saying exactly where the kids are and another cop car flys up the road and keeps on going, not even looking where they were at.
People are neglecting their children by lack of supervision and this is the cops fault how? It sounds like you should be calling Child protective services.
me

New York, NY

#49 Jan 6, 2013
GetRealWouldYou wrote:
There may be a few good local cops but most of the good ones only stay long enough to get experience to go else where. That was the reason the city started requiring them to stay 3 yrs. or pay the city back for the training. Of course the city said it was to go elsewhere for higher pay. The ones with higher pay also have higher cost of living so only a fool would do it for pay alone. McBride was the one who lowered the morale on the force to begin with by informing crooks who were snitching. Kelly continued it. Ratcliff seems to be trying but I haven't seen much beyond an occassional drive through on the east end. So I don't know. But I do know east Ashland's Neighborhood Watch was told it didn't matter how many witnesses saw the crime if the police didn't see it, it didn't happen. So we finally gave up & those of us who care started watching out for each other because you call the police you get harassed by the criminals (someone has to be telling them) & even sometimes by the police. If someone speeds through your neighborhood hits your car & takes off & you have the description, license plate and/or name the police ask the perpetrator & if they deny it (even if it's obvious) they do nothing. Yet if I cross the Greenup Co. line & see a reckless driver & call 911 they'll take my number & actually investigate. I even had a cop tell me there wasn't anything he could do about a big time drug dealer in my neighborhood except give me parking tickets & other small stuff because the officer would get in trouble for messing with him. When Boyd Co. & State Police got involved the dealer was finally busted. Later it was discovered the state had been doing an in depth, undercover investigation for over 6 months and the only reasons the APD was called in was for the arrests & because it was their district. I've never been arrested or incarcerated & I'm in my late 50s.I even had quite a few friends who were cops growing up. I don't know what percentage is morale problems & what part is bad cops. But the last 20 yrs. or so I've been ashamed of what we call our police force & it has nothing to do with any criminal activity on my part.
Well said
APD SUCKS

Brighton, MI

#50 Jan 6, 2013
See, this issue is a real problem, for those of us who have encountered dealing with them in our own way(s).
Oh yea

New York, NY

#51 Jan 6, 2013
Omg wrote:
<quoted text>
People are neglecting their children by lack of supervision and this is the cops fault how? It sounds like you should be calling Child protective services.
When the police are called to check on someone knocking on windows, they shouldn't investigate?
Oh yea

New York, NY

#52 Jan 6, 2013
They could investigate and catch drugs at the same time. Is that not there job?
Oh yea

New York, NY

#53 Jan 6, 2013
They certainly have time to hide behind churches and talk on there phones, most times there's 2 cops cars setting side by side just hiding out till there shift if over when they could be hanging out in bad neighborhoods.
TruthIsBlind

Ashland, KY

#54 Jan 6, 2013
Lack of supervision isn't the cops fault. B-U-T if they'd put a little fear of God in these kids when they do wrong AND/OR talk to the parents it will make a difference for most. At least the ones that care. But ignoring their crimes only puts a stamp of approval on their actions since most are just looking for the attention. One of the Boyd Co. police lived in east Ashland & finally got fed up with the amount of crime that went unchecked. There are good cops & I have respect for the office. But that doesn't mean I admire the crooked ones just because they're cops. Though the majority of our soldiers are heroes & deserve more respect than they get if you don't differentiate between the good & bad ones then the good ones suffer more unfairly. What's sad about the APD is those who are good suffer from association. That's why many leave unless they have strong ties to the area or stuck for the 3 yrs. In the last 20 yrs. I've only experienced 3 or 4 cops in the APD that really cared. Two moved elsewhere and the others wished they could.
Rames

United States

#55 Jan 6, 2013
Oh yea wrote:
<quoted text>
My neighborhood is full of preteen criminals too! Always chalk grafitti on the sidewalks and driveways, and the cops don't even care!
I called them this weekend when they started climbing trees at 3am, and the cops just drove right past them without even slowing down!
Why do we pay them if they won't even stop children from playing outside!
I am so afraid for my safety, I can't even sleep at night!
Fed up Ashland resident

Flatwoods, KY

#56 Jan 7, 2013
Saw in the paper again...State troopers bust drugs being shipped by mail in 800 block of montgomery or bath ave...inside city limits...yet again..State boys doing APD's job! how come you didn't post that article toofunny???
To fed up

New York, NY

#57 Jan 7, 2013
The last time I looked Ashland is in Ky and Boyd county. I pay state and county taxes. If all three agencies are enforcing the law thats great. More bang for the bucks does not upset me. Is there some type of competition, scores being kept?

“Catch A Bright Star”

Since: Dec 12

And Place It On Your Forehead

#58 Jan 7, 2013
I went out with a Mechanic for Ashalnd Police and he said they leave their cars very messy inside.
Fed up Ashland resident

Flatwoods, KY

#59 Jan 7, 2013
To fed up wrote:
The last time I looked Ashland is in Ky and Boyd county. I pay state and county taxes. If all three agencies are enforcing the law thats great. More bang for the bucks does not upset me. Is there some type of competition, scores being kept?
not a competition..but i would like to read about city cops doing their job in the city limits rather than sittin gon their a** all day collecting a paycheck while other agencies come in and take care of business...why not just get rid of APD and put a county or state police station in ! why pay them when others are doing their job!
To fed up Ashland residen

Russell, KY

#60 Jan 7, 2013
Tell you what to do. Merely go to page one of this post and take a look at entry #5. Looks like a lot of time and effort put in on those indictments. Do you know what an indictment is?
God is Truth

United States

#61 Jan 7, 2013
TruthIsBlind wrote:
Lack of supervision isn't the cops fault. B-U-T if they'd put a little fear of God in these kids when they do wrong AND/OR talk to the parents it will make a difference for most.
If the cops would just put a little more fear of God into Adults as well as kids, it would make a difference!
The problem here is a lack of fear of God in the immoral and Godless!
Heathens and Atheists are steadily increasing in number, and this is the result!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Mike Duquette 138,575
Tosha Lee 42 min Longtime observer 16
Debate: Marijuana - Ashland, KY (Aug '10) 1 hr kelpy 190
Brandon Crawfordreally? 2 hr Dumb bitch 1
lori (Aug '14) 2 hr huh 6
Lookin for head 3 hr johnny j 7
Sabastian Joy 4 hr FireOutBack 3
More from around the web

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]