Ashland Police
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fed up Ashland resident

Roosevelt, OK

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Why is it everytime i read about a drug bust or anything positive that happens police wise in the city of ashland that it is about the Boyd County Sheriff or the state police doing it? does the city cops really do anything anymore? I mean besides build a multi million dollar station with bullet proof glass, wreck brand new police cruisers faster than they can put them into service OH and when you have a minor wreck..they show up just to give you a paper to fill out and send in for a report..they don't even actually do a report anymore!! I sure am glad they went to 12 hour shifts so that more units are avaliable to do nothing!! Thanks APD!! glad to see my tax money is well spent and derserved by all that you DONT DO!!!!
Blazer2000

Richmond, KY

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Yeah what he said
Say Who

Ironton, OH

#3 Jan 3, 2013
Take it up with the Commissioners
toofunny

Flatwoods, KY

#4 Jan 3, 2013
Fed up Ashland resident wrote:
Why is it everytime i read about a drug bust or anything positive that happens police wise in the city of ashland that it is about the Boyd County Sheriff or the state police doing it? does the city cops really do anything anymore? I mean besides build a multi million dollar station with bullet proof glass, wreck brand new police cruisers faster than they can put them into service OH and when you have a minor wreck..they show up just to give you a paper to fill out and send in for a report..they don't even actually do a report anymore!! I sure am glad they went to 12 hour shifts so that more units are avaliable to do nothing!! Thanks APD!! glad to see my tax money is well spent and derserved by all that you DONT DO!!!!
http://dailyindependent.com/lo cal/x1962627687/APD-drug-round up-nets-27-indictments You must have missed this one... Start reading the paper.....
toofunny

Flatwoods, KY

#5 Jan 3, 2013
APD drug roundup nets 27 indictments

Agency asking for public’s help in locating some suspects

Kenneth Hart The Independent

ASHLAND — An Ashland Police Department investigation into illegal drug activity in the area has culminated in 27 suspects being indicted on 40 felony charges by a Boyd County grand jury.

Fourteen of those indicted have been arrested, while the others remain at large. The public’s help is being sought in locating them.

The investigation was conducted by the APD’s Criminal Investigations Section.

Those who have been arrested are:

‰Erica Steele, 29, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking and with persistent felony offender.

‰Richard Selvage, 30, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking.

‰Robert Westmoreland, 34, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking and with persistent felony offender.

‰Julia Smith, 25, of Flatwoods, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Christine Johnson, 43, of Ashland, charged with four counts of drug trafficking.

‰Jessica Vanatter, also known as Jessica Slone, 37, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking and with persistent felony offender.

‰Brian Vanatter, 37, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Joshua Gamble, 27, of Wurtland, charged with drug trafficking and persistent felony offender.

‰Joyce Puryear, 37, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Lisa Adams, 41, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Ronald Bland, 23, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Danny Spurlock, 52, of Catlettsburg, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Crystal Spurlock, 29, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Kirby Boggs, 41, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.

Suspects still at large are:

‰Ricky Collins, 37, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking and persistent felony offender.

‰Samantha Roberts, 23, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking.

‰Edgar Nelson, 47, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking.

‰Heather Martin, 33, of Ironton, charged with three counts of drug trafficking.

‰Kathy Gannon, 57, of South Point, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Katrina Harris, 51, of Ironton, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Jerome Elson, 38, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking.

‰Clayton Pate, 29, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking.

‰Thomas Gamble Jr., 30, of Greenup, charged with three counts of drug trafficking.

‰Roger D. Moore, 51, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Sharon Bustetter, 47, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.

‰James Bailey, 32, of Coal Grove, charged with drug trafficking.

‰Terence Cochran, 34, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking.
Lol

Roosevelt, OK

#6 Jan 3, 2013
Thread FAIL !!!
knows

Flatwoods, KY

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Fed up Ashland resident wrote:
They pass out civilian accident reports for crashes on private property, such as parking lots.....
Joe

Whitney, TX

#8 Jan 3, 2013
yay APD. I like watching them fly up and down US 23 at extreme speeds.

I also like watching them prowl around town, late at night, with different women beside the flood wall.

We see them from time to time in their cruisers from our train. Gotta love the APD.

http://dailyindependent.com/local/x546118005/...

I still like reading that article from time to time. Wonder how many people in this "drug sting" will use this as a defense.
Joe

Whitney, TX

#9 Jan 3, 2013
toofunny wrote:
ASHLAND — An Ashland Police Department investigation into illegal drug activity in the area has culminated in 27 suspects being indicted on 40 felony charges by a Boyd County grand jury.
Fourteen of those indicted have been arrested, while the others remain at large. The public’s help is being sought in locating them.
‰Erica Steele, 29, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking and with persistent felony offender.
‰Robert Westmoreland, 34, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking and with persistent felony offender.
‰Christine Johnson, 43, of Ashland, charged with four counts of drug trafficking.
‰Jessica Vanatter, also known as Jessica Slone, 37, of Ashland, charged with two counts of drug trafficking and with persistent felony offender.
‰Joshua Gamble, 27, of Wurtland, charged with drug trafficking and persistent felony offender.
‰Ricky Collins, 37, of Ashland, charged with drug trafficking and persistent felony offender.
‰Thomas Gamble Jr., 30, of Greenup, charged with three counts of drug trafficking.
Hey Joe, do you read the paper?

http://dailyindependent.com/local/x546118005/...

gotta be proud of them APD.
Fed up Ashland resident

Roosevelt, OK

#10 Jan 4, 2013
toofunny wrote:
no..I read it...but that is one article...if you want to do that...compare how many articles there is about APD VS State and county cops...I am glad a APD officer saw this and wanted to post thier one article!! YAY you! get your pat on the back for this one sting in how many years??? Bottom line is that I still read more about State and County cops taking care of things inside city limits instead of APD and that is sad,the stuff I see doesn't even mention APD assisting with it...says alot about them! just collect your paychecks! I have even witnessed APD sitting at battery Terminal parking lot (35mph zone) have cars flying by me doing at least 45-50 and they don't do squat about it! it isn't just about the drug busts..I am talking about thier over all performance...or lack of. It really bothers me to write this stuff cuz I respect police officers...but..the truth is the truth..only they can change that!
My 2 Cents

Ashland, KY

#11 Jan 4, 2013
Good try Terry K
now now

Ironton, OH

#12 Jan 4, 2013
APD I for one thank you for your Service; I know what its like to put your life on the line for near nothing but wanting to Serve. People like You (APD) and our Military Brothers and Sisters serve because its a calling no one that sits at home never has serve would not understand.
APD SUCKS

New York, NY

#13 Jan 4, 2013
DUI is all they card about. They are worthless, arrogant pricks. Always thought it was real nice to sit next to the same cop who will pull you over for DUI, even though they sit and drink, hour after hour, and drive home themselves. Not all of them do this but there is a large group that does this frequently. Its ok for one to break the law and be punished but ok for the other to break the law and go unnoticed, or not punished. Seems fair to me. Is the hooker problem and drug problem gone? I think not. But continue to worry if Joe Smoe is having a beer or not. I think its ridiculous and crooked! Can't tell the commissioners, they're in on it too. Small town politics at its best.
now now

Ironton, OH

#14 Jan 4, 2013
APD SUCKS; you are just a hater, you are not good enough to serve so you hate on others, I'd say Sir you are a PUNK. I am 50+ and have never had any problems with the Law, be good do the right thing and everything will be OK, it seems with comments you have made you are just a trouble making punk, I hope the Law does pick on you.
APD SUCKS

New York, NY

#15 Jan 4, 2013
Ahh yes. The 50+ crowd is in the house to tell us just how it is. Well asshole, this punk says when the criminals break into your house, car, whatever, I'm sorry. No one will feel sorry for you despite the fact that you are Mr. Perfect and do nothing wrong. You will want justice but you will get no justice for that either, just as there is no justice for all they get away with. Don't worry, it'll happen. Keep thumping that bible though, its making a difference. I hope its a punk ass that does it and your home when he does, so he can knock you in your smart ass mouth. For the record you old kermugeon, I wouldn't work beside criminals that break the law and get away with it, just like the majority of the APD. Also, I've never been in trouble, so you and your infinite amount of wisdom of life, you sir, are wrong. I abide by the law, so maybe when you argue, maybe you shouldn't assume. Because it makes you look like just the person you are, an old ass!
Sour Grapes

Grayson, KY

#17 Jan 4, 2013
APD SUCKS wrote:
DUI is all they card about. They are worthless, arrogant pricks. Always thought it was real nice to sit next to the same cop who will pull you over for DUI, even though they sit and drink, hour after hour, and drive home themselves. Not all of them do this but there is a large group that does this frequently. Its ok for one to break the law and be punished but ok for the other to break the law and go unnoticed, or not punished. Seems fair to me. Is the hooker problem and drug problem gone? I think not. But continue to worry if Joe Smoe is having a beer or not. I think its ridiculous and crooked! Can't tell the commissioners, they're in on it too. Small town politics at its best.
Who else has the opinion that "APD SUCKS" is probably bloviating due to his being a defendant as a result of an APD DUI case?
Yes

Ashland, KY

#18 Jan 4, 2013
I always asked the same question about productivity and publicity. It turns out APD didn't and maybe still doesn't typically issue press releases on their activity. I guess they don't feel the need to toot their own horn. A lot of things in this town need improvement, but the officers you are bashing can only do what their bosses instruct them to do.
The main problem is the judicial system. The cops would probably be more motivated if they didn't keep seeing the same assholes they arrested for selling drugs to your kids, stealing our shit and screwing Pappaw on the street the next day. It's unbelievable.
APD SUCKS

New York, NY

#19 Jan 4, 2013
Who else has the opinion sour grapes is illiterate? Some people can not read that the topic is about the APD, not an individual and can not read the previous statement of never being in trouble with the law, not even a parking ticket. Guess that doesn't matter. There once was a time the city won awards for being the safest city in America. How do the residents along Greenup, Winchester, Carter, and Bath feel about that? The hookers, the drugs, the thugs, there all still there. Take a look around and notice what happens in this city. Or I guess you could continue with your blind fold on and blame it on someone, or something else, just as long as we don't blame the APD. Sour grapes, this thread is not about you or me, its the APD. started another thread if you like. This thread is intended for them. I guess you think our government isn't crooked either.
TalkToMe

Ironton, OH

#20 Jan 4, 2013
To: APD SUCKS, I agree with the one post you must just be a PUNK that found yourself on the other side of the Law, read your Post, you are the one that sounds like you have problems. PUNK, PUNK AND MAY I SAY YOU PUNK ONCE MORE!!!!!!PUNK
APD SUCKS

New York, NY

#21 Jan 4, 2013
The reason I'm upset is because these same officers are paid to uphold the law and they ARE guilty of breaking the very law(s) they have been sworn to uphold. Just because you don't get caught doesn't mean your not guilty. I see this go on ALL the time. Did anyone question whether the cops who were busted a couple of years ago with the prostitute whether or not that was true? I'm sure someone knew that info, but why say anything? Right? After all, until their caught, they're not guilty! Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iron odor 19 min Big Hoss 8
Run a train on my girl 21 min Bent Black 10
Did you see how BEAUTIFUL Melania Trump was in ... 26 min Bent Black 9
Creepy guy mike that walks around WW (Sep '17) 1 hr past due 19
Anyone know what Justin Lowe is into these days 1 hr Bored 2
Steven Mansfield 1 hr SorrynotSorry 3
Property tax increases 2 hr carl 3

Ashland Jobs

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages