CSX engineers on drugs, how?

CSX engineers on drugs, how?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

curious

United States

#1 May 18, 2012
I personally know of a few active CSX Engineers who r on Methadone and Suboxone. My question is, how is it ok for them to take these drugs, even if they are prescribed?
Csx friend

Ashland, KY

#2 May 18, 2012
curious wrote:
I personally know of a few active CSX Engineers who r on Methadone and Suboxone. My question is, how is it ok for them to take these drugs, even if they are prescribed?
It's perfectly fine don't worry about it
curious

United States

#3 May 18, 2012
I do worry about it because I know a guy who has been involved in 6 train v. Automobile accidents, of which 3 of them resulted in death. I think a letter to the editor of The Daily Independent and The Herald Dispatch might get some attention to the issue.
Really

Flatwoods, KY

#4 May 18, 2012
Didnt they replace them all with robots. I think your wrong. I remember reading on the net that they did replace them all with robots given to us by space aliens.
good point

Salem, WV

#5 May 18, 2012
curious wrote:
I do worry about it because I know a guy who has been involved in 6 train v. Automobile accidents, of which 3 of them resulted in death. I think a letter to the editor of The Daily Independent and The Herald Dispatch might get some attention to the issue.
Then DO IT!!!!
curious

United States

#6 May 19, 2012
I did it yesterday!!
Bath Ave resident

Ardsley, NY

#7 May 19, 2012
Train v car? Train will always win unless you let it know miles ahead of time so it has the room to stop.
Old Friend Toe

Ashland, KY

#8 May 19, 2012
Birds and worms don't get allong well together either.
Bath Ave resident wrote:
Train v car? Train will always win unless you let it know miles ahead of time so it has the room to stop.
hello

Dana, KY

#9 Jun 7, 2012
i wouldn't worry about methadone or suboxen at least there on prescribed meds and not bath salts or crack or meth a number of bad drugs they are not on come on man
haa

Logan, WV

#10 Jun 7, 2012
hello wrote:
i wouldn't worry about methadone or suboxen at least there on prescribed meds and not bath salts or crack or meth a number of bad drugs they are not on come on man
Bull shit, being prescribed don't make it right. They are still drug abusers trading one for another.
josh

United States

#11 Jun 10, 2012
first off who really gives a rats ass if they are on drugs, just dont play around rail road tracks and let it be, people should worry more about drivers of cars who are on drugs, if they would make dot drug testing mandatory on everybody to hold a drivers license the same way they do cdl holders and truck drivers i guarantee there would be less death and accidents on the highway not to mention what better way to keep the teens off drugs then making them pee clean to get there drivers license, i know when i was 16 my license was everything
Not likely

Ironton, OH

#12 Jun 12, 2012
CSX has one of the strictest anti-drug & alcohol policies out there. Employees can't as much as show up to work after taking Nyquil without the possibility of being reprimanded. I know, because I'm married to one! Besides that, there are a minimum of two men on every engine. I don't believe that you know anyone who's been in that many accidents, because they wouldn't be employed there if they were in multiple at-fault fatal accidents. In nearly every case, accidents involving a vehicle were the fault of the driver, who in most cases was trying to beat the train. Furthermore, employees are tested after accidents, even if they clearly were not at fault. If you are really concerned about someone, why don't you go on CSX's web site and contact their ethics department and report these individuals?
wow

Ashland, KY

#13 Jun 12, 2012
josh wrote:
first off who really gives a rats ass if they are on drugs, just dont play around rail road tracks and let it be, people should worry more about drivers of cars who are on drugs, if they would make dot drug testing mandatory on everybody to hold a drivers license the same way they do cdl holders and truck drivers i guarantee there would be less death and accidents on the highway not to mention what better way to keep the teens off drugs then making them pee clean to get there drivers license, i know when i was 16 my license was everything
do you realize the cargo that these trains are hauling, the chemicals alone that would mix in a derail could wipe out a 30 mile area
Tryder

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 13, 2012
The same way so many csx workers go to dr Johnson in greenup and get a six month Aflac paid vacation.
CSX is corruption at its finest!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kentucky fans pos 12 min Higgins 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Strel 161,271
AK Physical (Jan '15) 1 hr Nox Aeterna 13
Him much does Ashland goodwill make a day 2 hr FYI 4
Democrats/Liberals are INSANE!!!!!! 2 hr FYI 8
donatos (Sep '10) 3 hr hey 35
chris, you better tell your wife (Dec '12) 5 hr Wandering 199

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages