union worker

United States

#1 Jan 31, 2011
Marathon should consider hiring the coke plant workers I seen a bunch testing and they have some good operators that are available
wondering

Flatwoods, KY

#2 Jan 31, 2011
i am sure there are some great operators but i'm curious, do u mean hire an operator under marathon's payroll or a union company thats in there already? i ask because, if ur hired by marathon then ur not union any longer-right? and if ur talking about just getting in there by a union company then shouldn't you or who ever just be on the list and if its ur turn then thats where you go?? oh and i thought marathon had a shut down coming up in jan.? but i never heard anything about it..
rat

Ashland, KY

#3 Jan 31, 2011
there is 4 in feb
union worker

United States

#4 Jan 31, 2011
When they hire here in a few weeks they really should consider those guys especially the ones that aren't getting ritirement
odd

United States

#5 Jan 31, 2011
Sounds like a coke plant guy desperate for a job. Get in line. In fact.... just go to middletown
union worker

United States

#6 Jan 31, 2011
No not a coke plant guy but know a few of the guys and would love to see them get hired
taco pablo

Ashland, KY

#7 Jan 31, 2011
union worker wrote:
No not a coke plant guy but know a few of the guys and would love to see them get hired
you all done made all your good money and make fun of "those" people that work fast food. if i was marathon i would hire those people first as long as they can pass a drug test and have the education. those people would appreciate a good job and work harder
mommy

Flatwoods, KY

#8 Feb 1, 2011
taco pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
you all done made all your good money and make fun of "those" people that work fast food. if i was marathon i would hire those people first as long as they can pass a drug test and have the education. those people would appreciate a good job and work harder
yea, thats what i want, and i am not union, just a mom (my husband is a union man), someone from a fast food place with no expierence being an operator at a place that can blow up..ok. and why in the world would a union person make fun of someone working fast food, thats just stupid, besides if anyone of "those" people as you put it want to become union, then all they have to do is go to the union hall and become an apprentice and learn the field, its not an easy job i'm sure, not to mention the people's lives they have to think about doing some of the work at marathon...my opinion.
You are dumb

Manchester, MI

#9 Feb 1, 2011
taco pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are You effing kidding me? An oil refinery is NOT a place for people with no experience.. and I would highly doubt they would even consider anyone That has only fast food experience on their resume.. you are stupid for even having That thought..

I'm a coke plant employee myself, and even though they would never consider hiring that way, it would be wrong for them to consider us over anyone, they will go strictly by qualifications.. as they should.. but I can guarantee that if they don't hire people that actually have operations experience.. then they aren't going to hire someone who can't operate a deep fryer properly... get a clue...
union worker

United States

#10 Feb 1, 2011
I agree a lot of good guys there are not going to have a job and should really be considered
wanted

Flatwoods, KY

#11 Feb 1, 2011
is the plant hiring or something?
taco pablo

Santa Clara, CA

#12 Feb 1, 2011
Just goes to show how smart both you dumb azzes are. Didnt you read or comprehend the part that said if they had the "education"?
Im sure everyone at mararthon dont have collage degrees that some jobs only require a hs grad.
Sassafras

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Feb 1, 2011
A collage degree? What's art have to do with a refinery?
union worker

United States

#14 Feb 1, 2011
For your information taco Pablo I have a degree beyond high school and I have a good job in operations but I'm saying they are good guys at the coke plant that are good operators and I would consider them because of their experience and experience will always overrule degrees with no experience
taco pablo

Mount Morris, MI

#15 Feb 1, 2011
union worker wrote:
For your information taco Pablo I have a degree beyond high school and I have a good job in operations but I'm saying they are good guys at the coke plant that are good operators and I would consider them because of their experience and experience will always overrule degrees with no experience
Please accept my appoligies then i thought you ment just labor type jobs. I wish everyone could have a good job but i guess we are lucky to have one at all. Have a great day:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr uMoron 143,090
News Column: David Edwards, another lottery loser (Aug '07) 1 hr They Foun It 826
Hot apd officer 2 hr matlock fan 4
Crazy Confused Cowardly Christians 3 hr Mental Health 10
Ashland thug cats football 4 hr Patrick williams 22
Rocky West 4 hr tommy 5
You people let your police run wild 4 hr John 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages