Lawrence County man charged with assault of 14-year-old

Jun 13, 2014 Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader 79

Kentucky State Police in Ashland arrested a Lawrence County man Thursday after investigating a report of a sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Horrifying

Ashland, KY

#1 Jun 17, 2014
That poor girl would be better off dead.
I hope he gets life in prison.
Hello

Louisa, KY

#2 Jun 18, 2014
NEWSFLASH!!! There's already a thread here related to the same topic.(Louisa man faces multiple charges)
Christian

Louisa, KY

#3 Jun 18, 2014
Horrifying wrote:
That poor girl would be better off dead.
I hope he gets life in prison.
yes he needs to be in jail but to say she would be better off dead that is pure ridiculous
Appalled

Ashland, KY

#4 Jun 19, 2014
Horrifying wrote:
That poor girl would be better off dead.
I hope he gets life in prison.
How dare you say that the girl would be better off dead! Just who do you think you are? Have you experienced this?

I was the victim of a sexual predator at the age of 14. Yes it is something you will have with you your entire life. But to say that she or I would be better off dead than to overcome the experience and to go on to live a very wonderful, full, happy and fulfilling life is just plain ignorant and cruel!

My experience was year ago, long before it became commonplace to see experiences such as this in the news. People just didn't talk about it. It was a shameful thing and out of ignorance, often blame was put on the child. Although the abuse continued on for almost a year, I never told anyone in my family. Sex was something never talked about. I was afraid. Afraid that my parents would somehow blame me. Afraid to see the hurt and disappointment in their eyes knowing that their little girl was now "damaged goods". Afraid that my dad would kill the perpetrator and end up in prison, away from our family. It would have destroyed them to know. So in my young mind, I vowed they would never find out. I would protect them. They left this earth never knowing that their little girl had been violated in that way.

I went on to live a wonderful and fulfilling life, full of happiness and love. I became strong in character and substance. I had two children who grew up to be brilliant, happy and very successful. I am married to the love of my life and we have built a great life together, full of love and laughter. We travel the world together, eagerly anticipating every new adventure. But you say that I would be better off dead? You are incredibly ignorant and misinformed. Do not condemn a child for something beyond her control. Yes it is a terrible thing. But it does not define who you are or who you will become. THE PERSON DOES. Your life is what you make of it. Overcome adversity and move on, better things are in store for you.
Appalled

Ashland, KY

#5 Jun 19, 2014
Correction - my experience was "years" ago......
Brittany

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jun 19, 2014
Horrifying wrote:
That poor girl would be better off dead.
I hope he gets life in prison.
We need to pray for this child instead of wishing death on her. She is the victim of rape NOT the criminal here!
elmer

United States

#7 Jun 24, 2014
Horrifying wrote:
That poor girl would be better off dead.
I hope he gets life in prison.
i am testifying for the state. i will do my part to make sure he never touches a child again!
Appalled

Ashland, KY

#8 Jun 24, 2014
elmer wrote:
<quoted text>
i am testifying for the state. i will do my part to make sure he never touches a child again!
Thank you. Hopefully truth and the legal system will prevail and he will be punished appropriately, protecting future children from his perversion. Inmates do not take kindly to pedophiles and often serve their own "in house" justice.
Angry

Russell, KY

#9 Jun 24, 2014
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Hopefully truth and the legal system will prevail and he will be punished appropriately, protecting future children from his perversion. Inmates do not take kindly to pedophiles and often serve their own "in house" justice.
I hope he gets the death penalty in court or i"n house"!
True Christian

Russell, KY

#10 Jun 24, 2014
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>yes he needs to be in jail but to say she would be better off dead that is pure ridiculous
At least she would be in a better place.
Appalled

Ashland, KY

#11 Jun 24, 2014
True Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
At least she would be in a better place.
You are making assumptions with no facts to base them on. Again I say, a child is not better off dead than going on to live a happy and fulfilling life and I cannot imagine a Christian saying such a thing.
Christian

Louisa, KY

#12 Jun 25, 2014
True Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
At least she would be in a better place.
i am not on here to argue but read your Bible about what it says about Children and wishing one Dead is NOT it we will be Praying for you
Wrong

Ashland, KY

#13 Jun 25, 2014
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you say that the girl would be better off dead! Just who do you think you are? Have you experienced this?
I was the victim of a sexual predator at the age of 14. Yes it is something you will have with you your entire life. But to say that she or I would be better off dead than to overcome the experience and to go on to live a very wonderful, full, happy and fulfilling life is just plain ignorant and cruel!
My experience was year ago, long before it became commonplace to see experiences such as this in the news. People just didn't talk about it. It was a shameful thing and out of ignorance, often blame was put on the child. Although the abuse continued on for almost a year, I never told anyone in my family. Sex was something never talked about. I was afraid. Afraid that my parents would somehow blame me. Afraid to see the hurt and disappointment in their eyes knowing that their little girl was now "damaged goods". Afraid that my dad would kill the perpetrator and end up in prison, away from our family. It would have destroyed them to know. So in my young mind, I vowed they would never find out. I would protect them. They left this earth never knowing that their little girl had been violated in that way.
I went on to live a wonderful and fulfilling life, full of happiness and love. I became strong in character and substance. I had two children who grew up to be brilliant, happy and very successful. I am married to the love of my life and we have built a great life together, full of love and laughter. We travel the world together, eagerly anticipating every new adventure. But you say that I would be better off dead? You are incredibly ignorant and misinformed. Do not condemn a child for something beyond her control. Yes it is a terrible thing. But it does not define who you are or who you will become. THE PERSON DOES. Your life is what you make of it. Overcome adversity and move on, better things are in store for you.
Worse than the murder of a person, It is the heinous premeditated murder of innocence. This man is nothing less than a terrorist, and does not deserve a trial or rights. What is a child without innocence?
True Christian

Ashland, KY

#14 Jun 25, 2014
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making assumptions with no facts to base them on. Again I say, a child is not better off dead than going on to live a happy and fulfilling life and I cannot imagine a Christian saying such a thing.
The corruption of innocence is worse than murder.
Do not forget the soul-damnation of the original sin of curiosity in defiance of God and its corruption of Holy Innocence.
I will pray for you.
True Christian

Ashland, KY

#15 Jun 25, 2014
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>i am not on here to argue but read your Bible about what it says about Children and wishing one Dead is NOT it we will be Praying for you
I didnt wish anyone dead.
I do wish that this had never happened to the poor girl.
All I am expressing is my deepest sorrow that her life was destroyed in this way, that she would be in a better place if she had simply been killed than for this tragedy to be inflicted on her, and that her assailant should be charged accordingly.
I will be happy if he recieves either a double life sentence or the death penalty!
Appalled

Ashland, KY

#16 Jun 25, 2014
True Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
The corruption of innocence is worse than murder.
Do not forget the soul-damnation of the original sin of curiosity in defiance of God and its corruption of Holy Innocence.
I will pray for you.
You are delusional, you don't even have a clue of what I was referring to in the context of my post that you quoted. And although I would normally welcome prayers from anyone in my behalf, in this case I don't want or need anything you have to offer. You are the one in need of prayers and you have been in mine.
Appalled

Ashland, KY

#17 Jun 25, 2014
True Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt wish anyone dead.
I do wish that this had never happened to the poor girl.
All I am expressing is my deepest sorrow that her life was destroyed in this way, that she would be in a better place if she had simply been killed than for this tragedy to be inflicted on her, and that her assailant should be charged accordingly.
I will be happy if he recieves either a double life sentence or the death penalty!
You stated that the child would be better of if she had "simply been killed". Tell me this, if this was your daughter that had been the victim, would you honestly have preferred to have the perpetrator murder your child and have her taken from you permanently than to allow her to live, recover and have a happy life? What kind of a monster are you? Her life has not been "destroyed", with the support of her loved ones, she can and will overcome this. I can only pray that you do not (and never will) have children. And people wonder why children are afraid to tell their parents? You are a prime example of the mentality that prevents children from talking about abuse such as this. I knew it would hurt my parents terribly and that is why I hid it. But never, NEVER would it have crossed my mind that my parents would have preferred that the abuser had MURDERED ME! OMG... I am seriously in shock at your attitude. You are a real piece of work... and I in no way, shape or form, believe you are a true Christian, despite your self-proclamation to that effect. I would be very interested to know of what faith you claim to be associated with.
Appalled

Ashland, KY

#18 Jun 25, 2014
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than the murder of a person, It is the heinous premeditated murder of innocence. This man is nothing less than a terrorist, and does not deserve a trial or rights. What is a child without innocence?
I absolutely agree regarding the perpetrator. However, that is not what the person to whom I was responding said. S
aying the child would have been better off to have been murdered is WRONG and reprehensible. No child is better off dead.
Wrong

Ashland, KY

#19 Jun 25, 2014
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree regarding the perpetrator. However, that is not what the person to whom I was responding said. S
aying the child would have been better off to have been murdered is WRONG and reprehensible. No child is better off dead.
The perpetrator deserves a sentence worse than the sentence of a murderer because his crime is worse than murder.
Which part of this do you not agree with?
True Christians

Ashland, KY

#20 Jun 25, 2014
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated that the child would be better of if she had "simply been killed". Tell me this, if this was your daughter that had been the victim, would you honestly have preferred to have the perpetrator murder your child and have her taken from you permanently than to allow her to live, recover and have a happy life? What kind of a monster are you? Her life has not been "destroyed", with the support of her loved ones, she can and will overcome this. I can only pray that you do not (and never will) have children. And people wonder why children are afraid to tell their parents? You are a prime example of the mentality that prevents children from talking about abuse such as this. I knew it would hurt my parents terribly and that is why I hid it. But never, NEVER would it have crossed my mind that my parents would have preferred that the abuser had MURDERED ME! OMG... I am seriously in shock at your attitude. You are a real piece of work... and I in no way, shape or form, believe you are a true Christian, despite your self-proclamation to that effect. I would be very interested to know of what faith you claim to be associated with.
The only ones who actually believe that molesting a child is not worse than murder are the child molesters themselves and those who worship the Devil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min No Surprize 154,016
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min defcon one 5,537
Another Rat in Ashland 20 min UNO 59
fairview 20 min Patch 484
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 57 min saver 81,645
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Juliet 131,074
Summit Elementary (Jul '10) 2 hr BOYD COUNTY S U C... 22
Ashland football 4 hr Worried 49
•••
•••
•••

Ashland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ashland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••