First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Wondering

Ashland, KY

#1 Aug 15, 2010
Are any new stores coming to Kyova Mall?
person

Kent, OH

#2 Aug 15, 2010
kyova mall will never amount too anything, it just needs to close down, and a golf course rebuilt there!
Sad

Ironton, OH

#3 Aug 15, 2010
I think it has a curse on it.
Just me

Ashland, KY

#4 Aug 15, 2010
Love that mall and I hope it continues to grow.
Fingers Crossed

Ashland, KY

#5 Dec 11, 2010
The Daily Independent posted a story about the Kyova Mall, saying that mall officials have confirmed a new Target store will be opening in the old Steve & Barry's spot by February 2011.??
FOUR

Ashland, KY

#6 Dec 11, 2010
There use to be a golf course where the mall sits now. I wish they would bring it back.
Dead Mall

Ashland, KY

#7 Dec 11, 2010
Shhhhhhhh if you listen closely in the mall you can hear your own hair growing b/c it is so dead and quiet.
Close it down

United States

#8 Dec 11, 2010
That mall is such a joke! The movie theater is nice but what kind of idiot thought that would be a good location for it. They could have built that theater close to downtown and been much more successful. Also, I seriously doubt target would consider the Kyova mall as a potential location. They are very smart with their store openings and I can't see that area having much promise for them. Not their targeted demographic.
Delores

Huntington, WV

#9 Dec 11, 2010
Fingers Crossed wrote:
The Daily Independent posted a story about the Kyova Mall, saying that mall officials have confirmed a new Target store will be opening in the old Steve & Barry's spot by February 2011.??
Really? I never saw it and doubt that seriously.
Anyway, lots of good info here, including in the comments:
http://www.labelscar.com/kentucky/kyova-mall
Catelynn

Staffordsville, KY

#10 Dec 11, 2010
It is slowly coming back to what it once was,i think they are trying with the movie theater and other things,i say give it time they get more in there,I still go there,I like it cause not packed like other mall where ya cant move,i dont like alot of people....I think the movie theater is bringing people in they will walk around wait for movie to start,look around and eat,i know i do! I think they need a Spencers or FYI....some kinda music store!
Dave C

Ashland, KY

#11 Dec 11, 2010
Close it down wrote:
That mall is such a joke! The movie theater is nice but what kind of idiot thought that would be a good location for it. They could have built that theater close to downtown and been much more successful. Also, I seriously doubt target would consider the Kyova mall as a potential location. They are very smart with their store openings and I can't see that area having much promise for them. Not their targeted demographic.
So right and I guess Walmart wasn't very smart locating all the way out there in the county either, oh well maybe they will close it down when it fails...My guess is if Target localted there they would be as sucessful as any other location in the county. Target will draw customers no matter where they locate in the county. Myabe in the county sales won't be as high, but that doesnt mean profits won't be similar.
Boyd County

Flatwoods, KY

#12 Dec 12, 2010
Yeah, its a real lousy location for a theater. Parking lot is filled every night.
Listen

Richmond, KY

#13 Dec 12, 2010
Target rumor not true. Paper posted at one time that Meijers had invested large sums of money in research and plans and area studies on the potential of building there, but decided against it. The location where Steve and Berry's is now, once K-Mart is being turned into the Boyd County Public Library. & With a 10 year lease, it won't be Target anytime soon.
Clovis

Huntington, WV

#14 Dec 12, 2010
And that article Delores posted says the only reason Target or Meijer didn't come to town was the then Boyd County Government wouldn't give them incentives (compare to what WalMart got in Ashland in particular...HUGE incentives...otherwise it was moving to Russell)
inside man

Northville, MI

#15 Dec 12, 2010
Harbor freight is opening in mall 2-14-11.also getting loses soon
Clovis

Huntington, WV

#16 Dec 12, 2010
loses?
justwandering

Ashland, KY

#17 Dec 12, 2010
Listen wrote:
Target rumor not true. Paper posted at one time that Meijers had invested large sums of money in research and plans and area studies on the potential of building there, but decided against it. The location where Steve and Berry's is now, once K-Mart is being turned into the Boyd County Public Library. & With a 10 year lease, it won't be Target anytime soon.
I was just out to the mall and the library is going to be own towards the middle of the mall not in the old Steven and Berry's store
Aunt Edith

Huntington, WV

#18 Dec 12, 2010
Indeed, across from Elder-Beerman:
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x3...
George

Huntington, WV

#19 Dec 12, 2010
Across from Elder-Beerman and near Sears:
http://www.thebookplace.org/index.php...
inside man

Northville, MI

#20 Dec 12, 2010
Lowes not loses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
I gots A 4 lb dong muthaFukka 15 min pole 5
attention please if you have flu ,stay the f home 35 min BC 3
The man I want for Christmas. 1 hr BC 17
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr spaceship 131,867
josh rice 2 hr society 10
KDMC Closing Its Doors 3 hr shaking head 6
End of all Life! 3 hr Mother Nature 6

Child Abduction Emergency for Boyd County was issued at December 18 at 6:35PM EST

Ashland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ashland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:24 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:24AM