How much do CNA's make?

How much do CNA's make?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

Nurse2B

Coal Center, PA

#1 Jun 6, 2012
Hi,

I'll be taking the CNA state exam in a couple of days. I was wondering what the average pay rate is in Boyd County for CNA's with no experience? My employment history is ok, but I never stayed at any place too long due to school. Thanks
goblinwang

Ashland, KY

#2 Jun 6, 2012
Like 8-12$ an hour better off to go for rn
RN BSN

Baird, TX

#3 Jun 6, 2012
Nurse2B wrote:
Hi,
I'll be taking the CNA state exam in a couple of days. I was wondering what the average pay rate is in Boyd County for CNA's with no experience? My employment history is ok, but I never stayed at any place too long due to school. Thanks
I was a nursing assistant for 13 years prior to becoming a nurse. They pay around here is 8-10.00 an hour if you are lucky. They do not want to pay you anything and want you to work like a dog. Go back to school and bypass the CNA stuff unless you want to kill your back :(
Nurse Ratchett

Greenup, KY

#4 Jun 7, 2012
Well one thing is for sure the RN's sure don't hurt themselves especially at KDMC they would let you lay there and die before they help you in any way. So sure be an RN it is an easy job for some.
who r u

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Jun 7, 2012
I worked for years as a CNA and believe me you get paid just a pittance and you are the low man on the totem pole. Everyone , including cooks and housekeepers lord it over on you,plus you work yourself to exhaustion for no respect whatsoever. On the other hand, caring for the sick and dying is a tedious and thankless job. I think the person who works the hardest and does the most for your loved ones should be compensated accordingly. You decide how much Grandma means to you.

Since: Nov 09

Burgin, Kentucky

#6 Jun 7, 2012
not near enough of what they deserve to be paid
RN BSN

Baird, TX

#7 Jun 7, 2012
Nurse Ratchett wrote:
Well one thing is for sure the RN's sure don't hurt themselves especially at KDMC they would let you lay there and die before they help you in any way. So sure be an RN it is an easy job for some.
I can assure you that this RN doesnt sit on her butt for 12 hours. I run non stop while staying on my toes to save lives. I have to think quick at all times. As for KDMC, I no longer work there per my choice. However, I worked with some very hard working people. You will have lazy everywhere you go. And for you to say any RN job is easy, I would love to know what you do for a living because I really doubt that you are an RN. Probably an LPN that works in a nursing home and is pissed because you have to get up and pass your meds! Being an RN is NOT an easy job by far. Being a CNA is physically exhausting. Being an RN is mentally exhausting! Neither job is easy and there is not one hopsital that does not have bad in all of them. I cannot stand KDMC, but I will stand up for some of my previous coworkers that worked their butts off for 12 hours and never put a bite of food in their mouths. We worked many days and nights like that. I bet you dont miss a meal at your job do ya? Educate yourself before you speak again because you just clearly showed your intelligence by your statement! And to the original poster, if you want to make better money, be legally responsible in many ways and save lives, then you need to go on back to school. If you are just looking at it for money, dont bother. It isnt worth the hassle! Your license are put on the line every day you go to work! So being an RN is not an easy job if YOU DO YOUR JOB AND DONT SIT ON YOU A&&!
Just Moi

Ashland, KY

#8 Jun 8, 2012
Not nearly enough for the strain, stress and hell you will go through. 8-9 an hour... Actually quite pathetic for the backbone of the nursing homes!
SRNA

Medina, OH

#9 Jun 8, 2012
I make $10.50/hr. That is pretty average for this area. Was hired at $10.25 three months ago with no experience whatsoever.
STNA

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Jun 8, 2012
I don't know about over there in KY, but I live in South Point and I know where I work they start off at $9.00 an hour put pay differs by shift, the day shift is $9.00 and evening is $9.50 and $9.75 for midnights, I agree with what people say about it being exhausting, but it's really not horrible for like only 1 month of a class, there is a reason RNs make more, they have like 2+ years of schooling, I find it nice to work as an aide and it gives you a little bit more spending money than working fast food, which is nice when you're also a fulltime student as well. Hope this helps.. & Don't listen to people about going straight into being an RN because again 1 month compared to waiting on a job for 2 years or more until you get done with school, you can be an aide and go to school and they are easy going as far as if you need time off for school, like in August when I start back I will only be working 2 days a week which is about $280.00 or more every two weeks so not horrible, and if you want to work more to make more they'll let you, I know most of the time, working fulltime you can get $1,200.00 or more a month so not too bad, just do your job right and most are non-lift facilities so you either have help or have to use a mechanical lift.
RN BSN

Baird, TX

#11 Jun 10, 2012
STNA wrote:
I don't know about over there in KY, but I live in South Point and I know where I work they start off at $9.00 an hour put pay differs by shift, the day shift is $9.00 and evening is $9.50 and $9.75 for midnights, I agree with what people say about it being exhausting, but it's really not horrible for like only 1 month of a class, there is a reason RNs make more, they have like 2+ years of schooling, I find it nice to work as an aide and it gives you a little bit more spending money than working fast food, which is nice when you're also a fulltime student as well. Hope this helps.. & Don't listen to people about going straight into being an RN because again 1 month compared to waiting on a job for 2 years or more until you get done with school, you can be an aide and go to school and they are easy going as far as if you need time off for school, like in August when I start back I will only be working 2 days a week which is about $280.00 or more every two weeks so not horrible, and if you want to work more to make more they'll let you, I know most of the time, working fulltime you can get $1,200.00 or more a month so not too bad, just do your job right and most are non-lift facilities so you either have help or have to use a mechanical lift.
I have to say that I was a nursing assistant for 13 years prior to entering into my RN career. Having had the previous experience as a nursing assistant, it makes me a better team player. I was once at the bottom of that pole and I will never forget where I came from. The majority of people who get that experience first, always make better nurses :) They do extras to help the cmt, tech, assistant have a break once in a while too. It is so easy to build a good realationship with someone when you have been in their shoes and respect them. This "I am a RN nonsense is for the birds" No point in it, it provides horrible pt care and there is no respect. You would be amazed at how much people respect me as a nurse. I am not afraid to do my job, nor do I ever pawn my work off on anyone. I believe that is the benefits of being an assistant in the end :)
bigstar

Richmond, KY

#12 Dec 23, 2012
does anyone know what fountain circle pays? in winchester for cna
kayla

Belleville, MI

#13 Jan 4, 2013
I am a can with my cmt I would like to know how much will I make if I find a job who is looking for a can with cmt
tinkertot6

Mcville, ND

#14 Aug 12, 2013
I whole heartedly agree Im just beginner my work
on the clock with the elderly but i worked with the elderly and small children for 26 yrs on and off the clock. But to me the thanks I get is watching their faces and seeing their smiles. I guess thats where my heart means more then money.
who r u wrote:
I worked for years as a CNA and believe me you get paid just a pittance and you are the low man on the totem pole. Everyone , including cooks and housekeepers lord it over on you,plus you work yourself to exhaustion for no respect whatsoever. On the other hand, caring for the sick and dying is a tedious and thankless job. I think the person who works the hardest and does the most for your loved ones should be compensated small . You decide how much Grandma means to you.
Seriously

Russell, KY

#15 Aug 12, 2013
I will second, third, forth, whatever all of the comments that CNAs don't get paid enough. I've got plenty of different health conditions that usually require time spent in hospitals, and I've seen how hard CNAs work. Their level of work does not balance out with their pay and the respect they receive. In the healthcare field, the CNAs are almost martyrs... work themselves to death and get almost nothing in return.
Emily

Punxsutawney, PA

#16 Feb 17, 2014
I get payed $12.06 pluss an extra $0.50 for the 3-11 shift but I'm only part time full time here gets payed $11.06 pluss there benifits
janie

La Vergne, TN

#17 Apr 23, 2014
Emily wrote:
I get payed $12.06 pluss an extra $0.50 for the 3-11 shift but I'm only part time full time here gets payed $11.06 pluss there benifits

where do you work?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Watching it Happen 165,676
Anyone know where I can buy a shitzhu puppy 6 min mtv 9
Starsouth steaks (Dec '16) 1 hr I want my money back 7
hair follicle drug test (Jul '11) 1 hr Pja 240
condemned houses (May '11) 5 hr Beware 40
Time to drain the Falls at Hoods Creek. 5 hr Exercio 1
Weak Trump 6 hr Lmao 9

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages