yep

Stilwell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Anyone interested in paying for the identity of forum posters? Exact name is not possible but residence and the name the bill goes to might be. If there is interest I will start an email to contact me.
FUNNY

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

yep wrote:
Anyone interested in paying for the identity of forum posters? Exact name is not possible but residence and the name the bill goes to might be. If there is interest I will start an email to contact me.
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, lol!
FUNNY

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

First off, you can't obtain anything other than a large string of IP's, that belong to particular companies.......that list is long. Secondly, it is not legal for you to do so, those records can only be ordered........who are you trying to rip off. Third, if you hack someone, it is illegal. Ping-Pong, got game?

Good Luck with that!
yep

Stilwell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Yeah that is what I thought but the IP. Addresses are in a order. Look for yourself.
Sure do

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

How do I get a hold of you yep?
lol

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

don't let him fool you. This comes up all the time and do you think some loser from ASHLAND is going to discover this great secret when PROS say it isnt possible.

“I'm the Geriatric General”

Since: Jun 11

Kurya, Altai region, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Should be fairly simple depending on what Topix logs, what the individual's ISP logs, whether the individual is running TOR and 97 proxies, compliance by Topix & ISP with warrants to obtain information, etc.

Heck I have names and addresses of all the people that have posted to this forum in the last 12 hours. First $10K gets them all...
Bigfoot

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Mr AK47 wrote:
Should be fairly simple depending on what Topix logs, what the individual's ISP logs, whether the individual is running TOR and 97 proxies, compliance by Topix & ISP with warrants to obtain information, etc.
Heck I have names and addresses of all the people that have posted to this forum in the last 12 hours. First $10K gets them all...
It don't matter Mr. AK47. You'll never catch me. I am way too fast for youins. By the way, how much do I have to pay ya to keep my identity a secret from Sheriff Andrew?
lol

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Mr AK is right, Topix has all the info you'd ever want. Without a court order or LOTS of money you'll never see it though.

You won't be getting it through a 3rd part though... unless Topix gives it to them first.
Sure do

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

I'm going to file, get a court order, get the IP's and names and then drop the lawsuit. Then I'll let Karma do it's job. Cheap and easy way to do it! I almost feel sorry for some jackass that I don't even know yet, who wrote slanderous comments that were untrue of myself. Kind of a strange feeling to have.
info

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Sure do wrote:
I'm going to file, get a court order, get the IP's and names and then drop the lawsuit. Then I'll let Karma do it's job. Cheap and easy way to do it! I almost feel sorry for some jackass that I don't even know yet, who wrote slanderous comments that were untrue of myself. Kind of a strange feeling to have.
go ahead and get a counter lawsuit for filing a nuisance suit.
Sure do

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

I'll take my chances on that any day. If I feel like I need to file then I will. If I find out later that the costs outweigh the benefits then I can drop it without being subject to a nuisance suit. In the process the IP's and names would known. Funny, you think a person that causes a nuisance by posting false statements and slander to the point where the victim has to file a lawsuit would counter sue the victim for being a nuisance by filing a lawsuit to get it to stop(they would have to show just cause and once the topix posts were read then any counter suit would be thrown out). Ironic, don't you think? Who knows, I might go ahead and not drop the suit. Depends if the benefits outweigh the costs.

Karma is a bitch!
Oh, remember:
Keep spreading lies about people and keep up the slander. I'll keep the victims posted on my experience and the cheapest ways to get some things done which you never knew were possible. I will go by the username: yourtimewillcome
lol

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

I don't think you understand how court orders work. They aren't going to order topix to give you anything because your feelings got hurt.

Also... I don't think you understand the concept of Karma.
Sure do

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

I have a better understanding of the law than you lol. Read and learn. Although I did use the word "Karma" wrong in its meaning. I meant to say what goes around comes around. All I need are the IP's and Im going to get them. Here is how one couple got them without a lawsuit. Also, Slander is different than getting your feelings hurt.

This is your warning ref to the bashing, Slanderous comments that are being made on Topix. One lawsuit already in the works for your comments. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!!!!!!CONTINUE WITH YOUR COMMENTS AND SOMEONE WILL GET YOUR IP ADDRSS AND TRACE IT BACK TO YOUR HOUSE. WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING.
On February 03, 2009, Mark and Rhonda Lesher filed a defamation lawsuit against anonymous messageboard posters on Topix.com . Self-described as "the world's largest community news site," Topix.com aggregates news articles and hosts messageboards for users to comment and discuss. According to the Leshers' petition, over 1,700 defamatory statements were made about them by anonymous posters on Topix.com . The 365-page petition includes 2,568 counts of defamation, libel per se and defamation per se against the anonymous users. The petition specifically identifies postings made under 178 different usernames, such as "lou," "Awareness," and "BUDWEISER." Because Topix messageboard users can post under multiple usernames and they can post under usernames previously used by others, the actual number of defendants in the lawsuit is uncertain.
According to the petition, the defamatory comments began "almost immediately" following allegations in April 2008 that the Leshers had sexually assaulted Shannon Coyle. Mr. Lesher is a practicing attorney and Coyle was one of his previous clients. Many of the allegedly defamatory comments crudely describe the Leshers as sexual deviants, molesters, and drug dealers. On January 15, 2009, a jury found the Leshers not guilty on all counts of sexual assault in relation to this matter, and they were subsequently acquitted.
On February 3, 2009, the Leshers filed suit against the anonymous Topix.com posters in the District Court of Tarrant County, Texas, the 348th District Court. Tarrant County is where the Leshers claim "a significant number" of the defendants are located, according to the "IP address locators" on Topix.com . In their petition, the Leshers allege that the defamatory comments "affected their reputations in the community as businesspersons and has significantly damaged their businesses." Additionally, the comments are alleged to have "created psychological, emotional and financial trauma for both plaintiffs."
The Leshers did not file suit against Topix.com , nor did they request the offending postings be taken down. However, they did make an ex-parte motion requesting that an out-of-state subpoena be issued to Topix.com , in order to identify the anonymous posters. On February 04, 2009, Judge Dana Wormach of the District Court of Tarrant County Texas, the 384th District Court, issued an order granting the motion. The order requested issuance of a letter rogatory to the Superior Court of Santa Clara County, California, where Topix.com is located. According to Texas Lawyer, Topix.com CEO Eric Tolles was served with a subpoena on February 5. Texas Lawyer reports that Tolles is "willing to be reasonable in complying with the subpoena, even though requesting information for 178 names strikes him as 'fairly broad.'" Additionally, Tolles is quoted saying "all we're going to be able to provide them with is an IP address," which is just the first step to identifying the posters.
Sure do

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Want to learn some more lol? Read on....

The site is under pressure from the judicial system as evidence by a quick internet search via google. All it takes is one person to find an attorney who is willing to file a class action lawsuit, then watch out, your comments may no longer anonymous. Slander and Libel are not protected under the 1st amendment, and rightfully so.
The following is from wikipedia-Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway and Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal recently questioned the website's practice of charging $19.99 for expedited review of slanderous comments in local forums. According to a press release from Conway’s office, the tools provided by Topix.com to remove the abusive posts are ineffective unless consumers agree to pay the fee. Topix CEO Chris Tolles accused the pair of grandstanding and intimidation, insisting the site operates with appropriate and timely oversight.
On February 03, 2009, Mark and Rhonda Lesher filed a defamation lawsuit against anonymous posters on Topix.com . According to the Leshers' petition, over 1,700 defamatory statements were made about them by anonymous posters on Topix.com . The 365-page petition includes 2,568 counts of defamation, libel per se and defamation per se against the anonymous users. Although Topix was not a party to the lawsuit, it was forced to reveal the IP addresses of the posters and the dangers of unmoderated anonymous posting on Topix were brought to light for the first time in the public eye.
From the Rome-News Tribune (copyright)-The chief executive officer of a nationwide chat board isn’t happy with Polk County Sheriff Kelly McLendon.
“I think what the sheriff’s office did was criminal and, at the very least, violated rights to freedom of speech,” said Chris Tolles, CEO of Topix L.L.C., based in Palo Alto, Calif.
Topix is a news, chat and discussion board.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office obtained seven subpoenas in late summer to obtain the IP addresses and identities of bloggers on a Cedartown discussion thread titled “Polk County Deputy and Co-worker.” As of Friday, there were more than 540 comments on that thread.
Two sheriff’s office employees who were fired from the sheriff’s office
— Sgt. Johnny Moats and officer Barry Henderson — filed a federal lawsuit in October claiming they were wrongfully terminated. The Topix forum discussed some of the issues within the sheriff’s department related to those lawsuits.
In addition, Moats was identified by Polk County sheriff’s officials as one of the posters to the Topix forum, through the information obtained through the subpoenas.
The subpoenas stated that the sheriff’s office was seeking the IP addresses to support an investigation into defamation of character and slander.
Topix doesn’t maintain records of the personal information of those blogging on its site, Tolles said. However, the company did turn over the IP addresses of more than 50 bloggers after the company was served with subpoenas, Tolles said.
yep

Stilwell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Funny, You get the ip leased by there ISP service provider through their dhcp server. You wanna run a VPN to securely telenet into there NIC. From there at your GUI telenet you can set a static IP. I could go on but you get the drift. I never said it was completely legal I was just seeing if there was an interest. That does not mean I personally intend to do it but some of my /b/rothers need extra cash.
Sure do

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Lol. Now you can educate me on how court orders work. Have you heard of slander? Defamation of character? Do you understand the difference of getting your feelings hurt and slander or defamation? Be sure and let me know.
Interested

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Yep. How can I get a hold of you
Sure do

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Yep, you are my new hero. How can I get a hold of you?
Yep

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

I will also instruct anyone who wants to contact me how to easily make it so no court order or /b/rother can find you. If you notice my location change on under my poster ID.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

145 Users are viewing the Ashland Forum right now

Search the Ashland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 min hobag 81,198
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min USA 122,656
**********Would you vote Hillary in 2016 9 min WTF 47
new fairview AD real piece of work 13 min WTF 23
Ashland Police Department 34 min y so sirius 21
David Edwards Buried Treasure ??? 36 min nwaawa 721
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr S C A 138,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ashland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance