happygirl

Oakville, Canada

#126 Feb 2, 2012
Funny how you smart Vialis sales people are all about how much money you can make but don't have much to say about the integrity of the company or the products. Anybody can say theirs is the best but where are the studies and how long have they been done?? As a clinical psychologist I can tell you there is never a quality study done on any of this stuff that could support the claims they make to people desperate to lose weight. There are too many variables for a company to be able to make the statements they make. Surprised that the sellers are taking such a defensive stand rather than producing sound factual research and perhaps encouraging people to do their homework. I did and I'm not impressed. It's all smoke and mirrors.
marl0t

Red Cloud, NE

#127 Feb 8, 2012
You must be on my FB! I know the gal selling it and when i talked with her months ago, said she would send me samples to try. Never happened! So when i asked her the other day to send me a link and price info, she told me to go to her website and sign up for the challenge. I didn't want to pay 299.00 to start, so i went to amazon and ebay and got a cheaper kit of theirs, and now she is trying everything to get me to call her and that is too bad, she just lost a customer, because she wouldn't take the time to tell me how to navigate the damn page. So this morning she puts a post apologizing to anyone for the inconvience and misunderstanding of how to navigate the page. Just wanted to try the product, not get sucked into the auto pay etc, but yeh, she is using FB to do her sales pitch.
Stay Fat see if WE CARE

Brisbane, Australia

#128 Feb 8, 2012
You people are PATHETIC AND JELOUS and its soooooo obvious!
Congrats to those that took a chance in Life instead of sitting on their computer getting Fat and talking about what a scam Visalus is. Changed my life and my Fathers too. We are both Healthier and have stabalized our Diabetes both Type 1 and 2 and have also lost weight and had a complete lifestyle change. I think its so funny how people are skeptical cause it is prob gonna become a household item one day except for in the homes of the over weight people on this Tread...bahahahahaha
Get A Life and take a chance you might just lose some weight lol
Visalus Amway

Chesapeake, OH

#129 Feb 10, 2012
No we are not pathetic. We just don't feel like working our asses off so people above us can reap the benefits. A pyramid scheme is easily identifiable and Visalus is the classic definition of such. The only individuals who oppose this fact are hiding behind the scheme itself. I have a news flash to "Stay Fat see if WE CARE", if you would live a healthy diet you would not need to drink milkshakes to lose weight. THAT is why you got fat in the first place.
Stay Fat see if WE CARE

Sydney, Australia

#130 Feb 12, 2012
Visalus Amway wrote:
No we are not pathetic. We just don't feel like working our asses off so people above us can reap the benefits. A pyramid scheme is easily identifiable and Visalus is the classic definition of such. The only individuals who oppose this fact are hiding behind the scheme itself. I have a news flash to "Stay Fat see if WE CARE", if you would live a healthy diet you would not need to drink milkshakes to lose weight. THAT is why you got fat in the first place.
Ya you are PATHETIC for making accusations you have no idea about.....First of all the company is the Fastest Growing MLM in History. We give away more free product than most companies do in sales in one year. Donald trump, and Paul Zane Pilzer have both talked about Visalus and the Buisness plan and constantly talk about how the Welness industry is going to meet the Health Care industry in sales. Visalus has increased from 31 million dollars to 231 million in just two years! NO ONE HAS EVER HAD THAT GROWTH IN MLM BEFORE!! As for your comment about me being over weight bahaahahahaha I weight 115 pounds and I am a personal trainer. I eat all kinds of Healthy meals throughout the Day I just added Visalus for more Nutrition. This product is designed for anyone and will give you Optimal Health. As a professional in the Industry and having alot of knowledge in Nutrition I can tell you that you will never have optimal Health by eating just food. anyone that thinks they dont need supplements is a DUMB IDIOT!! Get a life people you dont even know what you are talking about or you wouldnt be on her commenting like a bunch of UNIFORMED IDIOTS.......Stay Fat and Unhealthy see if we care....lol
Stay Fat see if WE CARE

Sydney, Australia

#131 Feb 12, 2012
As for the Pyramid comments. My cousin signed me up and she is not driving a BMW and I AM so how exactly is it a pyramid??. It is a customer based business and the more you work the more your paid....If this was a pyramid then why do I make more money than the person above me??? See how uniformed you all are yet you hide behind your computer like a bunch of cowards making accusations when you really know NOTHING!!

GET A LIFE VISALUS HATERS!!
Visalus Scams

Chesapeake, OH

#132 Feb 21, 2012
It's a scam. It's sales growth is not from sales of it's products but from selling distributorships. People who are distributors have to convince their friends to pay almost $500 dollars to become distributors of its crap product. Once they do, they are screwed unless they sell distributorships. It is a pyramid scheme unfortunately and according to the federal trade commission, it's days are numbered.
Stay Fat see if WE CARE

Brisbane, Australia

#133 Feb 22, 2012
Visalus Scams wrote:
It's a scam. It's sales growth is not from sales of it's products but from selling distributorships. People who are distributors have to convince their friends to pay almost $500 dollars to become distributors of its crap product. Once they do, they are screwed unless they sell distributorships. It is a pyramid scheme unfortunately and according to the federal trade commission, it's days are numbered.
It is so funny how UNEDUCATED you people are. You have so much to say but DONT EVEN KNOW what you are talking about. I am 30 years old and I have earned a BMW payment and have helped a few others on my Team do the same. Yes this payment is only paid if I keep the level I am at or higher in the company but this is also to keep me motivated. Getting in that car everyday reminds me of all the people I have helped to get Healthy...49.00 is all it cost to become a Distributor and 500 is only if you want a ton of samples and 300 worth of product. You make the same money either way so It is up to the person how serious they are and if they want display product and samples. The growth in the company has nothing to do with Distributors and everything to do with the quality of the product and the results it is providing people. Visalus also gives the customer and option to get it free by referring friends. WE HAVE GIVEN AWAY MORE FREE PRODUCT THAN MOST MLM DO IN SALES IN A YEAR!!!! 25 MILLION LAST YEAR ALONE!! also if it was a pyramid how come my upline is not driving a BMW and I am!! That would mean the person above me is making more $$ than me and they clearly are not...Also are you a professional in weight loss and fitness?? I AM AND I CAN TELL YOU THESE PRODUCTS ARE QUALITY AND ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE THEY ARE JUST GETTING STARTED!
If you are not a professional and have not tried these products than keep your UNEDUCATED opinions to YOURSELF!!
l
Fake friends

Astoria, NY

#134 Feb 22, 2012
This is silly. I know a lot of people that have made great incomes and helped a lot of people lose weight at the same time. It's not for everyone, you have to be a salesperson and be committed to losing weight. It destroys friendships because people get jealous of other's success. I know a great lady and her husband, SS and KS, that have been successful and lost weight and helped others make money too. But there are several "friends", one in particular that used to be one of her best friends, that talks badly about them behind their backs a lot because she wasn't doing well selling it. She tells everyone they just got lucky because they started selling it early on. She even talks other people out of selling it or using it just so they won't make more money. She says she can't be friends with them anymore because they are BMW-driving snobs who only care about money and visalus changed them. This couple is still nice as can be, they just don't have to 9-5 it anymore. I believe they make quite the earnings! Green-eyed monsters can't handle it.
clear your mind

Katy, TX

#135 Feb 22, 2012
one thing is for certain. The body by vi challenge will make you loose weight. There is a simple fact. You will loose inches and you will loose weight. Why? Your body is living off of minimum calorie intake. Your body burns a certain amount of calories no matter what. You replace meals with a shake and your calorie intake will seriously decrease. Add some exercise and it seems like a recipe for a new you. A new sexy slim you. Who doesn't want that? EVERYONE wants that. The difference is, are you going to take your time and keep the new you looking that way or are you looking for a quick fix. Probably a quick fix. Lets face it you don't have time for the gym you don't have time to make healthy meals, you don't have enough money to buy healthy food (I will address this later). So why not save money and loose weight at the same time? Perfect right? Wrong. And here is why.

When you take something that boosts metabolism and forces your body onto a low calorie diet you loose weight. So what happens when you stop taking the Vi challenge? You gain it back and then some. Suddenly your body is eating real food and no matter how hard you try that will be an increase in calories that your body hasn't needed to burn for the last three months. Not to mention when you're on the Vi challenge you are not teaching yourself good eating habits you are only teaching yourself how to drink a shake instead. So when you've lost your weight and you look and feel great... suddenly all you have is your old habits because you don't know any better or an addiction to replacing meals with shakes. Are you prepared to spend 365 days a year every year on this product, giving money to a company who send you powder to feed yourself for the rest of your life? Maybe now you are so pumped up you will but your body can't live that way, it doesn't know how and it doesn't want to. The best way to lose weight is to take the long road and teach yourself to eat right and exercise. If you can't do this you can't keep it off. And if you lost 40lbs in a year but kept it off for life wouldn't that be better then loosing 60lbs in 6 months and gaining it all back before the end of the year. The best thing I heard about loosing weight is simply "You didn't put on that extra 50lbs over night why the hell would you think it would come off that fast?" Listen to your bodies people. Take the high road and teach yourself to be healthy, don't let corporations take advantage of your insecurities and make money off of you.

Now about eating healthy for cheap. Plain and simple. Vegetables are the cheapest thing I've ever bought in a grocery store. We are talking under a dollar for each thing. You need protein but you can fill up on veggies so your not hungry for way cheap. Try buying actual vegetables its amazing what you can fill yourself up on for no money and no calories.
Don

Columbus, OH

#136 Feb 22, 2012
Ashland wrote:
OMG my parents sold Amway back in the 70's and early 80's and almost lost everything because of it. I don't understand why people get involved in the pyramid schemes.
I sold amway in the past. One thing to remember is that what you call a pyramid scheme is a legitimate business, speaking of 'legit' companies. You can actually build a business for your family as well as help others build theirs. Network Marketing and Direct Sells is a huge business worldwide. I'm not advocating for visalus so to speak because I am not a distributor, but I do think they have a great business model. One other thing is when you refer to a pyramid scheme, traditional business in a job is that, because the chances of you every getting to the top is very rare
just like you

United States

#137 Feb 22, 2012
I had to laugh when I saw the title of this discussion and of course I had to post. I was among the 'visalus is a cult' group a month ago. When I actually found someone having a party I decided to go because I had yet at this time to see the ingredient list of this product and was curious. I went, tasted the shakes (have to admit their freakin awesome) and read the ingredient list. My husband and I discussed it, informed the person their that we were never going to be interested in selling it and ordered a month supply to try it. The same husband that I have watched try everything from watching carbs, counting points, excersise, etc and not losing more than four pounds has now lost 12. He snacks, eats a good meal and has more energy than I have seen in 10 years. I myself have tried it now for a week. I have no thyroid, seizure disorder and other health issues. Since this product has not only every vit. you need but a huge amount of minerals you need, it has balanced my body out enough that I feel wonderful. I said the exact thing of "if you drink two shakes from Mc D's a day you will lose weight", granted that is true, but you will not get the requirments your system needs like you will on this.
Noone orders this stuff for you and makes you take it. YOU decide what you want to order, if you do not want anything but the shake mix, don't order anything but the shake mix. If you don't want to sell it, don't. But remember just because it happens to have the MLM thing attached, does not mean its a bad product. Heck I think the Mary Kay women are basically stepford wives, but I think their products are great. Basically what I'm saying is do your research about the ingredients, look at reviews of people who have used it and STUCK WITH IT, and who have stopped the program when they reached their goal weight and kept it off. And remember you do not have to do anything you dont want to, try it if you don't like it stop.
Placebo

Huntington, WV

#138 Feb 24, 2012
Visalus is just like Slimfast or anything else. Usually people start exercising when they start these types of programs and they are cutting calories, so of course they lose weight. It isn't some magical product. Good for the sales gurus that have fooled everyone. Kudos!
slim fast lol

Brisbane, Australia

#139 Feb 24, 2012
Placebo wrote:
Visalus is just like Slimfast or anything else. Usually people start exercising when they start these types of programs and they are cutting calories, so of course they lose weight. It isn't some magical product. Good for the sales gurus that have fooled everyone. Kudos!
it is actually nothing like slim fast because slim fast has lots of sugar and sodium and these are important factor in weight loss. Tired of you people posting about things when you dont have the facts straight.
Christopher 4035440cell

Jacksonville, FL

#140 Feb 29, 2012
With belief comes power, I KNOW THE SECRET
Montreal

Montréal, Canada

#141 Feb 29, 2012
Lots of people getting into this .. I heard everything from too expensive to Dream job to Placebos to BMW.. Hey Visalis CEO honchos you must be loving these forums . All i can say is check the ingredients and make it yourself at home for FREE REAL FREE
sandman

Kannapolis, NC

#142 Mar 1, 2012
i guess i know what your are trying to say -- but you state several times something about the need to have or own a "geologic region" -- sorry, but that does not make any sense (geology has to do with rock formations and the makeup of the earth)-- my father is a geologist and a geophysicist --- i think you mean a "geographic region" -- two very different things -- but i believe that is also wrong -- i own a "traditional" business -- I am a distributor of power components used primarily in the telecommunications industry and I do not "own" a "geographic region" (or a "geologic region" -- whatever that is -- that would be rock formations i guess)-- as a distributor, i can sell anywhere in the world (there aren't any limitations -- i think limitations would be illegal)--- a Manufacturer's Rep often has geographic restrictions, but they sell to distributors that generally do not --- and i have reviewed this company and talked to a few distributors and not a single person indicated or talked like this was a get rich quick scheme (sounded like a lot of work)-- but i think you are wrong about the "geographic requirements" and a US Law (but i'm not a lawyer -- just a distributor of power equipment who knows the difference between geography and geology)-- Michael Jordan has a degree in Geography not Geology

----------
Visalus Pyramid wrote:
Wake up people! Visalus is a pyramid scheme aka a ponsi scheme. Look it up because if you have the mentality to buy into this hype then you probably are unaware of the reality of what it really is. They say they have grown by so much over the last few years but the growth is not from sales of Visalus products but actually by the downlines getting more and more people to pay $500 to become distributors. If this was a legitimate product, it would be available in retail stores as that is the only way the production of a retail product is viable to produce and market. Visalus makes its money by selling distributorships. According to United States Law, an organization that sells distributorships must outline in legal documentation to the "purchaser/distributor " that they own a geologic region and that is what they are buying from the company. It is illegal to sell to individuals the right to sell a product without some type of legal geologic protection. The sad thing is that people are betraying friendships to trick others into being distributors so they can make more money. A CLASSIC PYRAMID SCHEME...created for the ignorant and lazy who want a quick way to get rich without working for it. BEWARE of such schemes. They are short lived and will only take your money and time if you are vulnerable to allow them to do so....
Rach

Dresher, PA

#143 Mar 5, 2012
I want to try the shakes and would like to make a one time purchase. I would purchase through the website. I'm just concerned that there's fine print that would sign me up for automatic/reoccurring charges. Does anyone know if this is the case, or if you can just make a one time purchase?
natureboy

Virginia Beach, VA

#145 Mar 10, 2012
i have a "friend" who does nothing but talk about visalis. so i googled it and it brought me to this site. after reading some of these posts, im actually frightened. claiming that these shakes can get people of their medications for diseases such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis, lupus,and crohns disease? are you out of your mind? that is a very dangerous claim to make. some might even call that liable. you are not a medical doctor. if visalis helped with any of these diseases, do you not think actual medical doctors would be pushing it. i have type 2 diabetes. i regulate my blood sugar, eat a low carb(80 -110 grams per meal) diet and take gluccophage. my doctor has never told me to drink visalis shakes and i can get off my medication. if this product is so incredible, why is it not available in stores or even gnc? cant answer that can you? and i guess you forgot to tell potential customers or salespeople that if they dont sell 200$ worth of these miracle shakes a month then they have to buy the balance to maintain their level. as for your comparison that all businesses are pyramids, thats laughable. i work for a mechanical contractor. i go to work and put plumbing systems together. at the end of the week, i receive a paycheck for my work. im not asked to recruit more people to sell or maintain a set amount of sales to keep my automobile. the truth is sometimes very hard to accept. i feel sorry for the people inbolved with visalis. i used to like my friend until he started selling this product. now i avoid him like the plague
clik

Ashland, KY

#146 Mar 10, 2012
You will hear many of the Visalus Reps talking about a “FREE BMW”. This in itself is yet another misleading representation. Getting a “FREE BMW” is the farthest thing from the truth. In fact it’s YOUR PERSONAL CREDIT RATING that determines whether or not you get the BMW (in addition to certain volume requirements that the company instills on their reps to meet each month).

As we all know, the attrition rates in MLM can be quite high. People are highly motivated for 30 to 90 days until they realize they actually have to go to work and then low and behold – many quit. In fact, according to some of the top ViSalus reps the retention rates are only about 20%. So in reality, if you decide that ViSalus is right for you, make sure you have a lot more volume than the required monthly sales quotas before you’re putting your John Henry on that car lease and putting your credit rating on the line.

Credit rating? Yep. You guessed right. If for whatever reason the people you have on your team quit, you are left with a $50,000 to $120,000 debt load through your BMW lease and potentially a nasty credit rating when the dust all settles. OUCH! That’s gotta hurt. Keep in mind that if your monthly sales fall below ViSalus’ monthly sales quotas, don’t be expecting ViSalus to be paying that $600 towards your lease. The responsibility will be yours to buck up for the payment that month in order to maintain your credit rating.

The cold hard truth is that if you do a lot more digging and get to the bottom of these type of car programs in the industry in general, the number of vehicles that end up getting repossessed by the leasing companies within 7 to 12 months is absolutely staggering. The result is a nasty black mark on your credit rating and a “slim to no chance” of getting another car lease or car loan anytime in the immediate future. So until you have significantly more volume than the actual qualifications, I would recommend opting for the $300 cash bonus instead. This way it will be a great cash bonus on months you qualify and if your volume ever drops for whatever reason, you’re not stuck with a car payment that month.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Bloods in ashland? 33 min cocksman 2
Roommate wanted! Monetary rent free. 1 hr Billy Bob 14
Kristopher Mackey 2 hr Brandon 7
my dads pizza on 60 3 hr i know 4
Miley Cyrus is gonna be in concert at Summermotion (Mar '13) 5 hr billy ray not really 28
life long learning center 5 hr good riddance 12
missy caudill kelly (Jan '13) 6 hr Anonymous 10
fairview 14 hr hicks 857
Ashland Dating
Find my Match

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ashland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:53 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:53PM
'Good Andy' Beats Texans, Don't Count on Playoff Run
Bleacher Report 3:55 PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 12
Bleacher Report 4:56 PM
Start Bernard or Hill in Week 13?
NFL 6:38 PM
Texans' Ryan Mallett might have torn right pectoral
ESPN 7:14 PM
Source: Texans' Mallet played with pec injury