Visalus destroys people
NutritionisKey

Whitehorse, Canada

#260 Jul 19, 2012
Eat well and exercise regularly...it's a pretty simple equation. It's not necessary to buy miracle supplements and magic pills from a team of snake oil salespeople. Promise people the world and they will follow like sheep. I'm glad that it worked for some of you (if you're not PR people sent by the company), but I think your figures on the actual success of the end users of these programs are wildly inaccurate. And I don't mean the financial success of the company...that's all just from proceeds of a typical MLM system.
Todd

Cartersville, GA

#261 Jul 19, 2012
Kinder wrote:
I'm seeing people trying to get other people to sell Visalus and it is effecting their friends and family, along with their work. These people become so involved and focused by all the Visalus "parties" that they become so self centered on getting someone else under them in the pyramid scheme that they hurt the people around them and hurt their careers because they spend so much time at work focused on increasing their Visalus base. People who are involved or thinking about getting involved with Visalus, wake up! Visalus is not a career, it is a pyramid "scheme". If you are thinking about starting to sell Visalus, talk to the people around the person who sells Visalus and the co-workers of the person who sells Visalus if you want to get an accurate portrayal of what Visalus really is. Additionally, think about how many people back in the '90s were selling Amway, where are those people now? This is Amway all over again.
When ther is product selling it is not a pyramid scheme. It is apparent you don't know the difference in a network marketing/ direct sells business from a pyramid scheme. Do your homework! And no I do not use Visalus nor am I a distributor with them. I am a distributor with another company and it is a great company with great people. And the products work!
Not seriously - Really

Nanaimo, Canada

#262 Jul 20, 2012
Kinder wrote:
I'm seeing people trying to get other people to sell Visalus and it is effecting their friends and family, along with their work. These people become so involved and focused by all the Visalus "parties" that they become so self centered on getting someone else under them in the pyramid scheme that they hurt the people around them and hurt their careers because they spend so much time at work focused on increasing their Visalus base. People who are involved or thinking about getting involved with Visalus, wake up! Visalus is not a career, it is a pyramid "scheme". If you are thinking about starting to sell Visalus, talk to the people around the person who sells Visalus and the co-workers of the person who sells Visalus if you want to get an accurate portrayal of what Visalus really is. Additionally, think about how many people back in the '90s were selling Amway, where are those people now? This is Amway all over again.
Guess what it is not a scheme, don't get me wrong, I am not a Visalus person nor sell their product not even want to look at it, because I am seriously successful in what I do in the Networking Industry. I have 20 years of great success in the industry and it hasn't wrongly affected my life or my friends or any of what you say. Its an awesome industry, just ask Warren Buffet, Donald Trump and others, its real man. Oh and by the way Amway has been successful for over 50 years, not just the 90's. Some work hard and make a business some don't and wish they did. Its not a lottery its work. Just my take on it. http://www.maryfields.com
Brian

Albuquerque, NM

#263 Jul 20, 2012
Rach wrote:
I want to try the shakes and would like to make a one time purchase. I would purchase through the website. I'm just concerned that there's fine print that would sign me up for automatic/reoccurring charges. Does anyone know if this is the case, or if you can just make a one time purchase?
Hi, not sure if anyone got back to you. But yes, you can make a one-time purchase trough any distributor. Just let me know if you want one, and I promise you won't be signed up for auto-ship. Unlike what this topic tries to make you believe, we aren't all in it for the money.
Jennifer

Oakland, CA

#264 Jul 21, 2012
Eat whole foods, grains, veggies, lean proteins, cut the refined food and sugar, and exercise daily - whether a quick sprint up the hill, light gardening, vigorous sex, a swim at the Y, or a long walk with your dog on the beach. The secret to maintaining a healthy weight *indefinitely* is NOT a secret, fatties, and it certainly isn't in the newest pyramid scheme, either!

While Visalas products are certainly better than eating at Burger King, so is just about anything else. And just like every single diet fad that's ever Taken advantage of America's desperate and obsessive frustration to lose weight, once you stop taking their products (and you WILL, guaranteed, as no one is going to consume 2 shakes daily for the rest of their lives), you're soon to be faced with what you started out with: all that weight gained back.

Save yourself the autoship nightmares, isolating your friends and families with pathetic recruit attempts, tons of wasted money, and please, please -- stop being lazy and start educating yourself as to what healthy foods you should be eating and what crap you should stop stuffing your face with instead. Change your entire diet and the way you think about food. There is no other way, no magic pill, and certainly no magic shake (no shake exists that is nutritionally superior to actual whole foods, anyway).
Brian

Albuquerque, NM

#265 Jul 21, 2012
Jennifer. we do not market it as a "magic" shake. However, you are absolutely correct: Eat whole foods, grains, veggies, lean proteins, cut the refined food and sugar, and exercise daily. But do you know that it would take over $100 worth of fruits, vegetables and grains to equal the nutrients from just one Visalus shake? Look a little deeper before criticizing and you will see that we also promote healthy food choices, and healthy living with exercise. The shake replaces a meal for me with a low-calorie, high nutrition boost that gives me lots of energy.(I was never a veggie-eater so it may even be saving my life) I am down 12 pounds in 35 days, three pant sizes and you don't want me to tell my friends about it?
Brian

Albuquerque, NM

#266 Jul 21, 2012
to add: we do not promote it as a "weight loss" shake (there is no such thing) we promote a " meal replacement"
Leom

Ardsley, NY

#267 Jul 21, 2012
Kevin is a creep and a liar, stay away.
Jean-Francois Cote

Thailand

#268 Jul 23, 2012
Just stop to believe all shit the compagnie tell you . Take 30 dollard per month , go at the gym.
Go do some sport , and cut the fast food
Mando

United States

#269 Jul 23, 2012
First of all Visalus has changed mylife. It has saved me time and money. Its not more expensive than slimfast btw. Dony knock anything until you know the ingredients and why it is blowing up. These folks love people and only want to change lives. It is also not a pyramud. In aa pyrramid scheme you have to sell a product and buy into it. This is the only company about to hit $1 billion inn north america alone. There are over 150,000 per month joining visalus because it actually works. Its not dieting; its about nutrition. We live to serve others. I hope this may clear some air, but I cant be a judge. God bless you all.
come on people

AOL

#270 Jul 23, 2012
Mando wrote:
First of all Visalus has changed mylife. It has saved me time and money. Its not more expensive than slimfast btw. Dony knock anything until you know the ingredients and why it is blowing up. These folks love people and only want to change lives. It is also not a pyramud. In aa pyrramid scheme you have to sell a product and buy into it. This is the only company about to hit $1 billion inn north america alone. There are over 150,000 per month joining visalus because it actually works. Its not dieting; its about nutrition. We live to serve others. I hope this may clear some air, but I cant be a judge. God bless you all.
I'm sure that the only reason that people are selling this stuff is to help others.Com e on people,we are all not that stupid.The only reason is to make money,if it doesnt sell ,you dont make money, and if the people under you don't sell ,you don't make anything.Thats how they move up the ladder in this company.There is so many people that is out of work and listen to this great sales pitch that is given to them,they joing in with the hopes of getting rich.The sad part is,a lot of these people take money the really dont have to get started,and cant find enough people to sell it under them, they dont make it,then they are out the money they put in to start with.It's a shame people are putting this stuff over their family and children,but i guess people have to have their priorities where they see fit.
Jennifer

Oakland, CA

#271 Jul 23, 2012
Brian, congratulations on the weight loss. That's no small feat.

My only point is that you can get those results from Visalus's shakes without Visalus's shakes, by eating nutritionally sound food. Actual food -- as we are meant to eat -- not supplemented shakes . We are humans, we thrive on whole foods, which will always be superior to any laboratory-created meal replacement. It's silly to posit otherwise.

Besides that crucial point, there again remains the question of the longevity of your shake diet: are you telling me that you will be drinking Vi shakes for the next 40, 50 years? I highly doubt it. So if not...what then?

The cost of food argument is also a fallacy. I live in San Francisco, arguably one of the most expensive places to live and eat in the US. Yet I am able to feed my family and I affordably. We eat heartily and happily, we never feel deprived. I've maintained a healthy weight of 125 (I'm 5'5) for most of my adult life, save for pregnancies, of course. At 40, I rock bikinis harder than 99% of all 20 year-olds. It's not rocket science - it just takes self education.

I just hate to see so many people getting sucked into this latest "health" pyramid when the answers to their health woes are all but a farmer's market away.
jjones64

Lincolnton, NC

#272 Jul 24, 2012
lose weight.... feel better....and kinder if you dont own your own business...YOU ARE IN A PYRAMID YOURSELF....YOU GET OUT OF SOMETHING WHATEVER YOU ARE WILLING TO INVEST...I SUGGEST YOU INVEST IN SOME BUSINESS CLASSES
Bryon

Carnegie, PA

#273 Jul 24, 2012
@Whatever I gotta say that was well said. MLM or also referred to as Network Marketing is a fantastic business opportunity for someone that does not want to work a job and cannot afford a tradition business. In fact Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki promote MLM or Network Marketing. Its amazing business model providing the product and support are adequate. Alot of companies such as Amway are still around and going strong. These companies provide health and wellness and financial freedom.“I am often asked if Network Marketing is a Pyramid Scheme. My reply is that corporations really are pyramid schemes. A corporation has only one person at the top, generally the CEO, and everyone else below.”— Donald Trump, Entrepreneur and Author. There it is from Donald Trump himself. Hope this helps folks!
Bryon

Carnegie, PA

#274 Jul 24, 2012
Are you Serious wrote:
Wow....some people have to find fault in everything. Visalus has changed my life and many of those around me. Maybe you should try it before you judge it!
They would rather judge in fear of change or not succeeding. Its a shame they feel that way
randyP

Riverton, UT

#275 Jul 24, 2012
Most people who are broke, have no vision and do not want to see anyone succeed say the things you say. You are actually calling it a pyramid scheme. Talk about living in the 90's no the 70's do you even know what a pyramid scheme is probably not they are illegal. It's people like you who give network marketing a bad name. ViSalus has made more 6 figure income earners last year than Google, Microsoft or face book. Network marketing has made more millionaires than any other industry. As for their co workers and family. They are all a bunch of losers who don't want anyone to succeed because it makes their pathetic life like I am sure the one you are living look bad. Winners do not want to be around losers. Yet all of them are broke, hate their jobs and all they can do is piss and moan about it. Then someone comes along with a dream and a goal and they shoot them down. These people are the reason more people do not succeed in Network Marketing. I hope if any of you are reading this will join ViSalus and get a dream again and better your life psychically, financially and spiritually. Contact me I will show you how you can get started.
randyP

Riverton, UT

#276 Jul 24, 2012
And I suppose your wife lost weight and got happy and you stayed fat and unhappy. Maybe if you would have don it as a team like thousands of happy viSalus couples do you would still be married. I suspect if you were honest you marriage sucked b4 ViSalus.
Addicus wrote:
My marriage has ended because of this business, my wife was so overly involved and obsessed, that I just fell to the wayside, and all because I'm happy with who I am, I’m not afraid to be myself and don't want to change my life to fit in with a bunch of yuppie asshole's, I'm not bashing the product at all, and there are a lot of great people that promote it, and a lot of people gaining there health back that use it, I have seen it first hand, I have been to event's and heard everything I need to know about VI, but for every number of great promoter's, there is double of nasty, selfish, scumbag one's out there that are only interested in sex, parting and money! There "changing lives‘" all right... Along with Testing marriage’s and causing divorces. I'm not trying to be a "hater", but my marriage is not the only one that has suffered and won't be the last one either. the fact that they promote partying and that people that promote will have more time to spend with there family's is a flat out lie, my wife was home, but either on her phone, or computer, she might of been there physically, but emotionally and mentally she was a machine only focused on business and that was her fault, but the fact that she think‘s she need‘s to constantly be turned on to body by vi 24/7 ruined my family! She would be gone on trip's at least once a month or out at party's almost 3 night‘s a week! And what kind of parent want's there child to go to school and be asked what there parent's do for a living? and them answering, "PARTY'S"! how doe's that look on them? or the parent's, I certainly don‘t want my children being around people that only talk about partying and how great it is! if this company really cared about there people, they would recognized that this is a big problem that they created and put less glamour on partying and more effort into really promote family importance’s!
Over it

Inman, SC

#277 Jul 25, 2012
I have been "suckered" in to a few of these. An ex-friend is a master at starting early in these multi-level marketing companies, using people and then dumping that company and moving on to the next. It took me years, but I finally got smart. The products are extremely overpriced,(how else are you going to pay out at that depth) and unfortunately, most of the "team" has no idea what is going on.
I assure anyone who thinks this is easy money is lying or crazy. It is a JOB! You will work extremely hard to build a downline and you must ALWAYS be on it because the attrition is amazing!
Even my ex-friend, who has made good money would never tell you the amount spent out to build it to that level. She is all over the country going to meetings, seminars for "self-improvement", paying big bucks out for advertising tools... If it weren't for her husband being a doctor she couldn't do what she does. People think "WOW" but she has a husband with deep pockets, most people are going in debt because they don't have that available to them.
Mark Gulina

Memphis, TN

#278 Jul 25, 2012
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I own my own business and guess what? Its set up just like a pyramid. Every business has this model. Dont talk down about people because they are trying to better their lives and the lives of their family while you are content with living week to week. Multilevel marketing is not for everyone. But it has positively changed my life and all the people around me. Have you ever heard the phrase "misery loves company"? Just because you are lazy dont try and bring others to your pathetic level.
Mark Gulina

Memphis, TN

#279 Jul 25, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
Brian, congratulations on the weight loss. That's no small feat.
My only point is that you can get those results from Visalus's shakes without Visalus's shakes, by eating nutritionally sound food. Actual food -- as we are meant to eat -- not supplemented shakes . We are humans, we thrive on whole foods, which will always be superior to any laboratory-created meal replacement. It's silly to posit otherwise.
Besides that crucial point, there again remains the question of the longevity of your shake diet: are you telling me that you will be drinking Vi shakes for the next 40, 50 years? I highly doubt it. So if not...what then?
The cost of food argument is also a fallacy. I live in San Francisco, arguably one of the most expensive places to live and eat in the US. Yet I am able to feed my family and I affordably. We eat heartily and happily, we never feel deprived. I've maintained a healthy weight of 125 (I'm 5'5) for most of my adult life, save for pregnancies, of course. At 40, I rock bikinis harder than 99% of all 20 year-olds. It's not rocket science - it just takes self education.
I just hate to see so many people getting sucked into this latest "health" pyramid when the answers to their health woes are all but a farmer's market away.
You are both right and wrong. For one thing not everyone is genetically made the same. Not everyone is raised by caring parents who teach them the proper ways to eat to keep a strong and lean body. I have been a personal trainer for 14 years. I have also competed in natural body building shows all across the country. I can tell you one thing for sure from the thousands of people that I have trained over the years. People need help. They need conveinence. This is what the shakes do. Gives them a low calorie alternative to Burger King. And it is super affordable. Less than $2 oer shake. Try and eat a whole food meal for that price. It really aggrevates me when a person makes comments from absolutely no factual evidence. That makes you stupid. Visalus is changing peoples lives both financially and health wise. I seen it countless times in the past 6 months. Remember the next time you get a stupid idea, dont post it because someone with experience in the matter will make you look stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roadblock at Walmart 24 min OSU student 10
The End of Boyd Baseball for a while? Sure look... 28 min curious 5
alley in Westwood by dollar General 1 hr meth pipe 5
HELP,,,what do I need to do? 1 hr The original Jo Jo 9
when will people understand this 2 hr dude 125
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr LMS 148,327
anyone know yvette (Jul '10) 2 hr Pip Rademaker 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages