Boyd County Detention Center

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
citizen_y

Idalou, TX

#1 Mar 5, 2010
I recently discovered that the Boyd County Detention Center had to release 117 inmates due to the jail being over the max capacity . To me it sends a mixed signal . The police spend their time an effort putting these drug dealers , thives and scum of the earth in jail , just so they can be let right back out on to the streets before they have served their sentence . So are they telling us (as citizens) that we are should not bother calling 911 when we are being robbed , or when we are in danger ? To me the message is clear , it is time we take these people out ourselves . When the jails are no longer big enough to handle criminals then the answer is to let them back on the streets ? I don't think so , not in my neighborhood , my house has been broken into twice now , and i have witnesses who saw the 3 people breaking in and they are still on the streets . I think it is time to send the criminal justice system a BIG message . If you won't take these scumbags off the streets , then we will remove them from the planet . And if any of the 3 people are reading this message , i beg you to come back . Try to rob me when i am home ! Bring whatever weapons with you that you think you will need . I will take all the pain that you have away , you will no longer have to steal pain medication from anyone . I will release you from all your pain in less then 3 short painful minutes . I will make an example out of you that will make you famous . I promise !
the message

Roscoe, PA

#2 Mar 5, 2010
the message it sends to me is that they are throwing people in jail who don't NEED to be thrown in jail (non-violent/victimless drug users & possessors), which causes over crowding. They know it's ridiculous, but it's the "law" so they are doing their job. Instead of keeping robbers & rapists behind bars, they're too busy trying to bust someone with a joint...
Wow

Lebanon, KY

#3 Mar 5, 2010
They were not released, Joe lost the jails state inmates due to right ups by DOJC. He had to many infractions against him that will hopefully come up before election time....
someone from ashland

Richmond, KY

#4 Mar 5, 2010
the message wrote:
the message it sends to me is that they are throwing people in jail who don't NEED to be thrown in jail (non-violent/victimless drug users & possessors), which causes over crowding. They know it's ridiculous, but it's the "law" so they are doing their job. Instead of keeping robbers & rapists behind bars, they're too busy trying to bust someone with a joint...
i agree my sons there for something stupid but if you sell drugs judges will let you out the next day
someone from ashland

Richmond, KY

#5 Mar 5, 2010
the message wrote:
would that make you any better?
someone from ashland

Richmond, KY

#6 Mar 5, 2010
Wow wrote:
They were not released, Joe lost the jails state inmates due to right ups by DOJC. He had to many infractions against him that will hopefully come up before election time....
who told you that? hes making the money
smart guy

Ashland, KY

#7 Mar 5, 2010
So would you rather see a man with some weed or someone who breaks in your home? Theres not enough room for everybody. This is what the world has come to. Sorry but true.
citizen too

Carroll, OH

#8 Mar 5, 2010
citizen_y wrote:
I recently discovered that the Boyd County Detention Center had to release 117 inmates due to the jail being over the max capacity . To me it sends a mixed signal . The police spend their time an effort putting these drug dealers , thives and scum of the earth in jail , just so they can be let right back out on to the streets before they have served their sentence . So are they telling us (as citizens) that we are should not bother calling 911 when we are being robbed , or when we are in danger ? To me the message is clear , it is time we take these people out ourselves . When the jails are no longer big enough to handle criminals then the answer is to let them back on the streets ? I don't think so , not in my neighborhood , my house has been broken into twice now , and i have witnesses who saw the 3 people breaking in and they are still on the streets . I think it is time to send the criminal justice system a BIG message . If you won't take these scumbags off the streets , then we will remove them from the planet . And if any of the 3 people are reading this message , i beg you to come back . Try to rob me when i am home ! Bring whatever weapons with you that you think you will need . I will take all the pain that you have away , you will no longer have to steal pain medication from anyone . I will release you from all your pain in less then 3 short painful minutes . I will make an example out of you that will make you famous . I promise !
Just wondering when you read this?
Jack Meof

United States

#9 Mar 5, 2010
Wow wrote:
Not only did he lose state inmates that only paid $6.00 a day but due to his unintelligent ways he also lost $1 million dollar a yr Federal program that paid $42.00 a day per inmate but Jailer Joe was too stupid to do the math and send state inmates on down state. If people only knew how uneducated Joe is and how the detention center is really run they would be totally bewildered and appalled that we are paying close to $80,000 a year for a half a**ed run jail.
citizen_y

Idalou, TX

#10 Mar 6, 2010
citizen too wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering when you read this?
Didn't read it anywhere , a friend of mine on the police force told me , the police aren't happy about it either !
citizen too

Carroll, OH

#11 Mar 6, 2010
citizen_y wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't read it anywhere , a friend of mine on the police force told me , the police aren't happy about it either !
Have these inmates already been released or is this something in the works?
citizen_y

Idalou, TX

#12 Mar 6, 2010
citizen too wrote:
<quoted text>
Have these inmates already been released or is this something in the works?
They have already been released .
hello

Newburgh, IN

#13 Mar 6, 2010
are u people for real?? the judges wont the people in jail not the jailer!
how sad that candidates are writing this trash!
Saw it

Salyersville, KY

#14 Mar 6, 2010
citizen_y wrote:
Well, the best way to take care of that problem is with your ink pen...just find someone you want to trust to be the next jailer and vote for them. Otherwise, run for the position yourself, therefore, if you win, you can solve your problem.
whoisntonthetake

Ashland, KY

#15 Mar 7, 2010
Sorry ink pen or lever wont fix the worst case of good old boy corruption in this county thats ever been seen. It ranks up there with every small town corruption scene that every been on Tv from LA to Fla...You vote 1 out and his buddy hires him back while they skim off the top and all pay each other kickbacks to get 1 off and the other in.. Its in every level of goverment here in this town.
you go

Owingsville, KY

#16 Mar 7, 2010
citizen_y wrote:
You would be doing every one a favor,the addict,family, police and socity, it's bs these people are robbing people, they know that they can get away with it! I hate this saying but, we need to go back to the day when they had public hangings. This stuff wouldn't be going on as much. It call cleaning the gean pool!
Wow

Lebanon, KY

#17 Mar 7, 2010
Exactley people, wake up Joe is not who you think he is, I had to learn the hard way! And no I did not work for him, nor would I recommend that to anyone....
Jack Meof wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only did he lose state inmates that only paid $6.00 a day but due to his unintelligent ways he also lost $1 million dollar a yr Federal program that paid $42.00 a day per inmate but Jailer Joe was too stupid to do the math and send state inmates on down state. If people only knew how uneducated Joe is and how the detention center is really run they would be totally bewildered and appalled that we are paying close to $80,000 a year for a half a**ed run jail.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#18 Jul 8, 2010
the message wrote:
You've got it!! Murderers get by and robbers serve life!!! Its kind of backwards.
i know

South Point, OH

#19 Jul 8, 2010
Hand Joe ANY document and ask him to read it to you, that will be interesting.
momwhoknows

Lebanon, KY

#20 Jul 8, 2010
Which employee was carried out on a stretcher this morning, and what happened?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump rating himself 25 min Knows 19
Local tattoo artists 35 min smackin 13
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min usa 169,917
Clintons are done, game is over, gig is up 44 min CoolStoryBruh 9
Why Roy Moore will win 1 hr the black rider 57
michele watts hot or not 1 hr CoolStoryBruh 3
Charles Manson in hospital 2 hr Graysona 7
Tri-state lawn care raid 4 hr Big dog 17

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web