I'm Considered The Prettiest Girl In ...

I'm Considered The Prettiest Girl In Ashland

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Kellie Stakes

“Catch A Bright Star”

Since: Dec 12

And Place It On Your Forehead

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Ashland

Kellie Stakes loves Ashland and it would seem that Ashland loves her.

The 22-year-old from Portsmouth was crowned Miss Ashland for the second time in three years yesterday. In 2009 she placed third, and in 2011 she was second.

As well as parading on stage in her purple bikini, Miss Stakes sang a song - a strong and polished a capella version of Hurt by Christina Aguilera.

Other contestants sang, played the cello, skipped and played the ukulele during the talent section of the competition, but the judges said Miss Stake's performance was just too good.

An SOMC worker by profession, Miss Stakes would like to become a professional singer.

"I want to do it professionally, I've always wanted it since I was little. I'm trying to pursue that dream at the moment, hopefully working with Sony Music soon and we're recording a demo at the moment, so hopefully that goes on to bigger things."

Miss Stakes, who was also named Miss Global Teen Huntington, WV in 2011, said she still felt nervous before taking to the stage.

"I was definitely nervous, backstage I was too nervous to come on stage but because I was last it kind of made it easier.

"Waiting for the results was scary as well, you never know what can happen."

First runner-up Amelia Borley sang a version of Feeling Good by Nina Simone, a capella. The 19-year-old art student from Marshall University was on holiday in Ashland with her family.

Second runner-up, Sophie-May Church from Greenup, KY, showed her skipping skills on stage. The 18-year-old trainee teacher placed second in a national skipping competition in Lexington, KY when she was younger but hasn't skipped competitively for over three years.

The Little Miss Sunshine competition was won by 10-year-old Meila Foley-Gillies from Westwood, KY.
The expert

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Honestly Matthew you are not even a "pretty" boy.
Kellie Stakes wrote:
Ashland
The 22-year-old from Portsmouth was crowned Miss Ashland for the second time in three years yesterday. In 2009 she placed third, and in 2011 she was second.
As well as parading on stage in her purple bikini, Miss Stakes sang a song - a strong and polished a capella version of Hurt by Christina Aguilera.
Other contestants sang, played the cello, skipped and played the ukulele during the talent section of the competition, but the judges said Miss Stake's performance was just too good.
An SOMC worker by profession, Miss Stakes would like to become a professional singer.
"I want to do it professionally, I've always wanted it since I was little. I'm trying to pursue that dream at the moment, hopefully working with Sony Music soon and we're recording a demo at the moment, so hopefully that goes on to bigger things."
Miss Stakes, who was also named Miss Global Teen Huntington, WV in 2011, said she still felt nervous before taking to the stage.
"I was definitely nervous, backstage I was too nervous to come on stage but because I was last it kind of made it easier.
First runner-up Amelia Borley sang a version of Feeling Good by Nina Simone, a capella. The 19-year-old art student from Marshall University was on holiday in Ashland with her family.
Second runner-up, Sophie-May Church from Greenup, KY, showed her skipping skills on stage. The 18-year-old trainee teacher placed second in a national skipping competition in Lexington, KY when she was younger but hasn't skipped competitively for over three years.
The Little Miss Sunshine competition was won by 10-year-old Meila Foley-Gillies from Westwood, KY.
Yes bunny

New York, NY

#3 Feb 5, 2013
Can't find any news article of the such
Really

Ashland, KY

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Get over yourself. I bet Jesus is very proud of your bragging abilities. Very christian like. You do realize that pride is the first of the 7 deadly sins...?????
I'm sure you now that, I mean being the devout,beautiful, perfect person you are. Sorry to tell you but sin is sin. Your sin is no different then the ones you condem on topix.
Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.
You should be witnessing on here instead of gossiping and being all about you if you were a true christian.

Kellie Stakes

“Catch A Bright Star”

#5 Feb 5, 2013
You sound evil. You sound like the type of person that would stone a woman to death back in the Bible days just because she is pretty. Judge not lest ye be judged.
Really wrote:
Get over yourself. I bet Jesus is very proud of your bragging abilities. Very christian like. You do realize that pride is the first of the 7 deadly sins...?????
I'm sure you now that, I mean being the devout,beautiful, perfect person you are. Sorry to tell you but sin is sin. Your sin is no different then the ones you condem on topix.
Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.
You should be witnessing on here instead of gossiping and being all about you if you were a true christian.
rambler

Ashland, KY

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Kellie Stakes wrote:
You sound evil. You sound like the type of person that would stone a woman to death back in the Bible days just because she is pretty. Judge not lest ye be judged. <quoted text>
i love your posts on the kid and teacher having sexual relations at fairview...your funny kellie..i think i have a crush on you... i just got over pamela handerson...now i jack to your photo
Lol

Greenup, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2013
What about 2012?
http://dailyindependent.com/local/x1225459491... <-- 2012 winners.

Kellie Stakes

“Catch A Bright Star”

#8 Feb 5, 2013
I was in a different beauty pageant than that one at the time :}
Lol wrote:
What about 2012?
http://dailyindependent.com/local/x1225459491... <-- 2012 winners.
Really

Ashland, KY

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Honey believe me if I'm evil because I stated the truth then Idon't even know what to call you. If I'm going to hell I'm sure I'll meet you there. Your nothing but a busy body.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

People like you are the worst people on this planet. You think you know it all and you go on and on about how beautiful you are. bet the preacher at Rose Hill would love to know a member of his church pend most of her time on Topix and uses the terms STFU. What a Christian. Oh by the way I love how you have the Bible as your "Read This Book" Hypocrite.

Kellie Stakes

“Catch A Bright Star”

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Well there's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." I been sayin' that sh!!it for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass$$SS. I never gave much thought what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded shit to say to a mutherrucker before I popped a cap in his ass$$ss. I saw some shi!!!t this mornin' made me think twice. See now I'm thinkin', maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9 Milimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass$$ss in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. Now I'd like that. But that shi!!t ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil women. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.
Really wrote:
Honey believe me if I'm evil because I stated the truth then Idon't even know what to call you. If I'm going to hell I'm sure I'll meet you there. Your nothing but a busy body.
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
People like you are the worst people on this planet. You think you know it all and you go on and on about how beautiful you are. bet the preacher at Rose Hill would love to know a member of his church pend most of her time on Topix and uses the terms STFU. What a Christian. Oh by the way I love how you have the Bible as your "Read This Book" Hypocrite.
wtf

Ashland, KY

#11 Feb 5, 2013
I don't post on topix often, but I read it daily. You make me worried as to your own extent of personality issues. How far would you go kellie? You need some Dementia meds, I pray you find guidance..
BC

Chesapeake, OH

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Kellie Stakes wrote:
Ashland

Where was the pageant held?
Yes bunny

Ashland, KY

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Kellie... Oh simple kellie... That's passage was made famous by Samuel Jackson using it repeatedly in pulp fiction... U fail again
uralyingcunt

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Feb 5, 2013
Kellie Stakes wrote:
Ashland

http://missashlandarea.tripod.com/
uralyingcunt

Chesapeake, OH

#16 Feb 5, 2013
Kellie Stakes wrote:
Ashland

http://dailyindependent.com/lifestyles/x97754... ?
BC

Chesapeake, OH

#17 Feb 5, 2013
Yeah I thought this was always an early springtime pageant

Kellie Stakes

“Catch A Bright Star”

#18 Feb 6, 2013
You are posting old information from 2011. You just proved my point for me. I did too win.
uralyingcunt wrote:

Kellie Stakes

“Catch A Bright Star”

#19 Feb 6, 2013
I won the Summer Motion Miss Ashland Contest this past Summer. I have never seen a group of people so ready to claim I am not who I say I am, and the things I do for a living, and fun. Why do you all act this way towards me?
BC

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Feb 6, 2013
Kellie Stakes wrote:
<quoted text>You are posting old information from 2011. You just proved my point for me. I did too win.
Info from '11 link certainly doesn't backup your story.....where was this pageant held? Why is it not in paper for first time in ever?
BC

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Feb 6, 2013
Kellie Stakes wrote:
I won the Summer Motion Miss Ashland Contest this past Summer. I have never seen a group of people so ready to claim I am not who I say I am, and the things I do for a living, and fun. Why do you all act this way towards me?
There was no "summer motion miss Ashland contest" last summer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know yvette (Jul '10) 2 min Agree 12
alley in Westwood by dollar General 23 min Pip Rademaker 4
Meet me guy 1 hr MeetMe 1
Tiffany Edwards in florida? 1 hr Florida bound 6
Roadblock at Walmart 1 hr safetyfirst 8
HELP,,,what do I need to do? 1 hr Idk 7
Howard and Son Rainbow Quest 2016 1 hr Pip Rademaker 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages