Why are there so many unroadworthy ca...

Why are there so many unroadworthy cars on our streets?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
DarkLevisa

Russell, KY

#1 Jan 25, 2013
People it's time to get rid of your rusted out 20 year old Dodge Caravans and Chevrolet Cavaliers. It's appalling how many heaps of scrap metal there are travelling around Ashland. It's unsafe and hazardous to other drivers that actually maintain their cars and who worked hard to buy new ones. Get some NEW tires on that piece of crap you got at the buy here pay here. Having sh***y credit doesn't mean you should be out in the snow with four bald tires you got at Tireland. Replace those broken taillight lenses and mirrors you busted up hitting the light poles in the Wal-Mart parking lot. That cracked windshield is a liability and if you paid for more than bare bones liability insurance it would get fixed for free. But the reality is that those are band aids on the real problem. Your car is junk that isn't worthy of being on our streets. It's coughing up black smoke and can't even do the speed limit. You can't make a right turn without coming to a complete stop because your CV joints are falling apart. There is a trash bag covering your back window and your kids are freezing in 20 degree weather. The list goes on and on. I only mention this because it's so prevalent on our roads everyday. Maybe Kentucky needs yearly inspections so we can get some of these deathtraps out of commission. I don't want to hear any "too poor" excuses either.
Take some responsibility and quit endangering the rest of us. If you can't afford a proper vehicle that has ample power to not hold up traffic,not pollute our air more than it should and not be an unsafe POS you shouldn't be driving at all.
Imperious

Ashland, KY

#2 Jan 25, 2013
Paragraphs, learn them, love them!
IMO

Ashland, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Because unlike most states, Kentucky does not require yearly inspections.
well

Marion, OH

#4 Jan 25, 2013
DarkLevisa wrote:
People it's time to get rid of your rusted out 20 year old Dodge Caravans and Chevrolet Cavaliers. It's appalling how many heaps of scrap metal there are travelling around Ashland. It's unsafe and hazardous to other drivers that actually maintain their cars and who worked hard to buy new ones. Get some NEW tires on that piece of crap you got at the buy here pay here. Having sh***y credit doesn't mean you should be out in the snow with four bald tires you got at Tireland. Replace those broken taillight lenses and mirrors you busted up hitting the light poles in the Wal-Mart parking lot. That cracked windshield is a liability and if you paid for more than bare bones liability insurance it would get fixed for free. But the reality is that those are band aids on the real problem. Your car is junk that isn't worthy of being on our streets. It's coughing up black smoke and can't even do the speed limit. You can't make a right turn without coming to a complete stop because your CV joints are falling apart. There is a trash bag covering your back window and your kids are freezing in 20 degree weather. The list goes on and on. I only mention this because it's so prevalent on our roads everyday. Maybe Kentucky needs yearly inspections so we can get some of these deathtraps out of commission. I don't want to hear any "too poor" excuses either.
Take some responsibility and quit endangering the rest of us. If you can't afford a proper vehicle that has ample power to not hold up traffic,not pollute our air more than it should and not be an unsafe POS you shouldn't be driving at all.
I think you need a good ole azz kicken, you scumbag
generous

Butler, PA

#5 Jan 25, 2013
Back in NJ inspection are no joke!!! They should do them in Ky...in wv it is a joke lol
IMO

Ashland, KY

#6 Jan 26, 2013
generous wrote:
Back in NJ inspection are no joke!!! They should do them in Ky...in wv it is a joke lol
MD and VA have major yearly inspections. They check tires, signals, brakes, horn, muffler, and many other things.
generous

Butler, PA

#8 Jan 26, 2013
Bro...a car is a reflection of u....juat like clothing...do u wear old ripped cloths??
stfu

Ashland, KY

#9 Jan 26, 2013
DarkLevisa wrote:
. I bet you are the stupid b*tch that almost ran me off the road while chatting on your cell phone in your gas guzzling SUV, driving 10 miles per hour over the posted limit. I watched you cut two other people off, swerving from lane to lane, trying to get to the stop light so fast you had to brake dangerously to stop. you are the one going to kill someone
IMO

Ashland, KY

#10 Jan 26, 2013
Suckit wrote:
Hey 1 drive a car with faded paint and some rust every working day. I have
2 other cars I don't drive to work because of the eviroment. Do you look down on others because you have a better car. Some people are secure enough with their self they don't have to drive around on a new car to try to look like their somebody.
My car would not pass a major inspection at all. But it is the only one that I have and it gets me where I need to go.

Kellie Stakes

“Catch A Bright Star”

Since: Dec 12

And Place It On Your Forehead

#11 Jan 26, 2013
I agree with you 100% I like your style.
DarkLevisa wrote:
blue collar

Ironton, OH

#12 Jan 26, 2013
My issue isn't people driving old cars, live within your means, and if that means driving an older car with no shine I'd do it just the same. With that said, most cars like this person is speaking of are uninsured or underinsured. Driving is a privilege, if you can't afford insurance on your vehicle, you don't get to drive.. And if you hit me, I WILL get my money..
Wonder

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Jan 26, 2013
People in this world can't get a nice car and the ones that do are so in payments up to there neck they can't move my car ain't the best in the world but it drives every day and I'm very happy with it people needs to not look at what you drive if that's all you have to drive burn the streets up and be happy
Suckit

Chesapeake, OH

#16 Jan 26, 2013
generous wrote:
Bro...a car is a reflection of u....juat like clothing...do u wear old ripped cloths??
your caricature is a reflection of you. Possessions have no reflection of who I am. Who do you think would make the best wife? The woman that is attracted to your belongings or the woman that was attracted to you because she thought you were a good person? If you choose the first you marriage will be short and sad. I'm by no means poor. Just been around a while
Oh yea

Chesapeake, OH

#17 Jan 26, 2013
If taxes weren't so high people could afford better cars, why get a newer car and pay 3 to 400 dollars to get tags every year. I have a newer car and wish I had an older one so my tags would be cheaper every yr.
ummm

United States

#18 Jan 26, 2013
generous wrote:
umm do you mean old ripped up CLOTHES??
loving life

United States

#19 Jan 26, 2013
I drive a 99 car, its old, paid for and insured. There is a small place where the paint is peeling, a small bump near the front door, It runs great! And I thank God for it. It gets me to my full time job and home again. I am not married, I went through a divorce and I lost everything I had but it was worth it to get away from a controlling man. Before you judge me take a walk where I have been and tell me if you are concerned about a total stranger that you will most likely NEVER see again and let me know if you care how that total stranger feels about the car...get over your judgemental self and enjoy your "new" car and the payments.

Since: Jan 13

wurtland Ky

#20 Jan 26, 2013
I don't care what people drive. I do not judge nobody by their possessions. Only thing I do have concern about is people who drive better have insurance period.
Elwood

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Jan 26, 2013
I drive a titleist pro v 1. When I do I like to dress like a bum and go to the coarse in my old work truck with a cooler full of bud. Just to piss all the snobs off.

Since: Jan 13

wurtland Ky

#22 Jan 26, 2013
Elwood wrote:
I drive a titleist pro v 1. When I do I like to dress like a bum and go to the coarse in my old work truck with a cooler full of bud. Just to piss all the snobs off.
Hell ya you go dude
I drive a 96

Ashland, KY

#23 Jan 26, 2013
I have a 96. It's paid for and the body is in great condition. Only problem is, yes, I have a cracked windshield. Would the insurance company fix it? No. Why? Because when I bought my insurance policy from Kentucky Farm Bureau, they failed to mention that I had to specifically ask for the windshield to be covered. So I am am getting it replaced myself. Just because we drive older cars, doesn't mean we're worthless or white trash. I chose to drive an older car because the taxes are cheaper, and I liked the body style. Gets great gas mileage just like a new car, AND that's because I PAY to take care of my car. Grow up. Seriously!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min taking my chances 169,881
Trump rating himself 10 min I hate Trump 8
Why Roy Moore will win 24 min question 35
Burger King's "Big Booty" Manager (Nov '15) 1 hr Jordan t 16
shamae white (Feb '17) 1 hr Imthe1urtalknbout... 3
Charles Manson in hospital 2 hr Miss Melody Mount... 4
Tayli, Vanessa, & Tiffany 3 hr ThePettyGang 8
Tri-state lawn care raid 8 hr Trading Firearms 15

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages