Dr. Kholouri KDMC ER
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I know

Ironton, OH

#1 Jan 6, 2013
This physician is rude and unprofessional. He immediately assumes everyone is there to seek drugs. I have heard If you show up with a migraine he will do a spinal tap on you. That is your punishment for complaining of pain. He does them poorly so you will have to have another procedure called a blood patch by an anesthesiologist when your headache becomes unbearable.(Google it).

If you have some type of injury he will be rude and condescending to you. There are so many drug addicts in our area that legitimate pain is not addressed. If you have acute pain do not go to KDMC's emergency room. You will be humiliated and angered. Go to OLBH or go to Huntington. You can file a complain on him through a woman named Helen Lewis. She is the patient representative. Call the operator and ask for her. You can leave a message and she will call you back. It is unacceptable that people come to the ER when they are sick and he does nothing but embarrass and disregard those in need. Then you get to pay him for it!. Demand KDMC stop this abuse.
BeautifulMess

Ironton, OH

#2 Jan 6, 2013
I have been seen by Dr. Kholouri twice now. I was there because of intense discomfort from gall bladder disease and gastrointestinal pain. He was detached, cold, and quite ummm, disinterested. Not rude precisely, but not terribly kind either. I not once asked for pain meds as I was there to get a "G.I. cocktail" and narcotics only aggravate my conditions. I am not impressed with Dr. Kholouri's bed side manner though. He's gorgeous but NOT a nice doctor at all! KDMC's emergency department is a joke.:/
well ya know

Ashland, KY

#3 Jan 6, 2013
I think he is wonderful...he has never been that way with me and has always helped me....if you look through out the er you will find a sign that states no narcotics or sedative prescriptions will be given for migraine headaches back pain pelvic or ovarian pain dental pain.... People rely on pain meds to much...and before you say it I do not work at kdmc and yes I do have migraines but it does not take pain pills to control them...
well ya know

Ashland, KY

#4 Jan 6, 2013
Will not be given
Disagree

Idalou, TX

#5 Jan 6, 2013
I know wrote:
This physician is rude and unprofessional. He immediately assumes everyone is there to seek drugs. I have heard If you show up with a migraine he will do a spinal tap on you. That is your punishment for complaining of pain. He does them poorly so you will have to have another procedure called a blood patch by an anesthesiologist when your headache becomes unbearable.(Google it).
If you have some type of injury he will be rude and condescending to you. There are so many drug addicts in our area that legitimate pain is not addressed. If you have acute pain do not go to KDMC's emergency room. You will be humiliated and angered. Go to OLBH or go to Huntington. You can file a complain on him through a woman named Helen Lewis. She is the patient representative. Call the operator and ask for her. You can leave a message and she will call you back. It is unacceptable that people come to the ER when they are sick and he does nothing but embarrass and disregard those in need. Then you get to pay him for it!. Demand KDMC stop this abuse.
As for rude, he no doubt has his moments! However, I disagree with you on the lumbar puncture! He is the ONLY doctor that would ever do one on me! He can do them with his eyes closed! He is very good at them. Call your pts reps all you want. They will never touch him because he makes the place too much money. He is actually a very smart man, but the nonsense does get old!

As for drugs, you are not going to get them in ANY ER much longer because the laws are changing. You better have something wrong on a film or something visable or its not going to happen! You can thank your local drug addicts for that! I have worked in a few hospitals and let me tell ya, KDMC gives out more drugs than any place around! Trust me. The problem is, THEY ARE STOPPING THEM! They cant do it anymore. If you have talked to people and been told all of this information about Dr Kolluri, chances are, you have been to an ER one too many times OR the person who is telling you these detailed stories have!

There are Urgent Cares open until midnight and people have or SHOULD HAVE a family doctor. If more people would GOOGLE the word EMERGENCY, things might go a bit smoother.

I am not saying that your situation was not an emergency and I dont need to know why you were there, but I can tell you that if it didnt fall under emergency, chances are, it wasnt and you didnt need pain meds to start with! Does that excuse someone treating you like a drug seeker? No it doesnt.

I can fully see where you dont like an attitude, but Dr Kolluri is a good doctor. A poor attitude is poor bedside manner and that does not mean that someone is a bad doctor. You apparently havent ran into the fruit loops yet! LOL
Lady

Ironton, OH

#6 Jan 6, 2013
A young dark (Indian perhaps) physician treated a family member and he was excellent but I forgot his name.
BeautifulMess

Ironton, OH

#7 Jan 6, 2013
I would like to clarify that he is indeed skilled and competent. I just don't care for his bedside manner. He is a smart cookie though and obviously knows his stuff. His attitude stinks but he took care of me nonetheless! ;)
Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
As for rude, he no doubt has his moments! However, I disagree with you on the lumbar puncture! He is the ONLY doctor that would ever do one on me! He can do them with his eyes closed! He is very good at them. Call your pts reps all you want. They will never touch him because he makes the place too much money. He is actually a very smart man, but the nonsense does get old!
As for drugs, you are not going to get them in ANY ER much longer because the laws are changing. You better have something wrong on a film or something visable or its not going to happen! You can thank your local drug addicts for that! I have worked in a few hospitals and let me tell ya, KDMC gives out more drugs than any place around! Trust me. The problem is, THEY ARE STOPPING THEM! They cant do it anymore. If you have talked to people and been told all of this information about Dr Kolluri, chances are, you have been to an ER one too many times OR the person who is telling you these detailed stories have!
There are Urgent Cares open until midnight and people have or SHOULD HAVE a family doctor. If more people would GOOGLE the word EMERGENCY, things might go a bit smoother.
I am not saying that your situation was not an emergency and I dont need to know why you were there, but I can tell you that if it didnt fall under emergency, chances are, it wasnt and you didnt need pain meds to start with! Does that excuse someone treating you like a drug seeker? No it doesnt.
I can fully see where you dont like an attitude, but Dr Kolluri is a good doctor. A poor attitude is poor bedside manner and that does not mean that someone is a bad doctor. You apparently havent ran into the fruit loops yet! LOL
bubba

Ashland, KY

#8 Jan 6, 2013
I don't see how ER workers of any rank or station keep their sanity. I have been there over the years with my kids and parents and each time its more of a zoo. My hats are off to the hard job they do day in and day out. No wonder some get hardened and seem detached. If it weren't for the ER abusers and druggies things would be alot better for the people that really need attention.
Jane Doe 287

Whitney, TX

#9 Jan 7, 2013
I had gone in during the 24th week of my 2nd pregnancy with signs of a miscarriage(due to my, at the time 18 month old taking a flying leap on to my stomach)and he was the attending physician... I was visibly pregnant, had explained symptoms to the triage nurse, and he told me I couldn't "just come in and use this place like a free clinic.." and ".. if you are looking for a doctor that will write you some pills, you need to go somewhere else". I was livid.. I snapped at him and explained to him the situation and its severity and he finally left to grab my chart. I understand that they have drug seekers in there a thousand times a day every day of the week, but that doesn't give those rent-a-docs the right to treat everyone like they are seeking dope.
Disagree

Idalou, TX

#10 Jan 7, 2013
Jane Doe 287 wrote:
I had gone in during the 24th week of my 2nd pregnancy with signs of a miscarriage(due to my, at the time 18 month old taking a flying leap on to my stomach)and he was the attending physician... I was visibly pregnant, had explained symptoms to the triage nurse, and he told me I couldn't "just come in and use this place like a free clinic.." and ".. if you are looking for a doctor that will write you some pills, you need to go somewhere else". I was livid.. I snapped at him and explained to him the situation and its severity and he finally left to grab my chart. I understand that they have drug seekers in there a thousand times a day every day of the week, but that doesn't give those rent-a-docs the right to treat everyone like they are seeking dope.
I find your statemnt odd for the simple fact if you are above 20 weeks and having any signs of miscarriage or any issues with the baby, you are sent straight to labor and delivery. It it the policy and it was stuck to. So how were in the ER over pregnancy related issues? That doesnt happen when you are that far along. I am confused.
eyez81

Ashland, KY

#11 Jan 7, 2013
i heard most men from india have small weens id be mad if i had a small one to
Jane Doe 287

Whitney, TX

#12 Jan 7, 2013
@Disagree: I started out in L&D as they do with all pregnant women.. monitors, ultrasounds, urine screen and blood work... when I entered the er to sign in, I was experiencing contraction-esque pains, significant blood loss, and no fetal movement. I was high-risk pregnancy with each and had almost lost my first to pre-eclampsia and trophoblastic disease (and while on bedrest for 5months).. considering the symptoms, other health/pregnancy related issues, and past experience, I had reason to be fearful of the worst. When the ultrasound and labs showed that the baby was ok, they sent me to the er to check for other causes for the issues. Would have explained that in the last post, but felt it was unnecessary and that it would have been a longer post than need be.
Also.. miscarriage at 24 weeks is rare, but not unheard of.. especially in high risk pregnancies.
wonderer

Wellington, TX

#13 Jan 7, 2013
Jane Doe 287 wrote:
@Disagree: I started out in L&D as they do with all pregnant women.. monitors, ultrasounds, urine screen and blood work... when I entered the er to sign in, I was experiencing contraction-esque pains, significant blood loss, and no fetal movement. I was high-risk pregnancy with each and had almost lost my first to pre-eclampsia and trophoblastic disease (and while on bedrest for 5months).. considering the symptoms, other health/pregnancy related issues, and past experience, I had reason to be fearful of the worst. When the ultrasound and labs showed that the baby was ok, they sent me to the er to check for other causes for the issues. Would have explained that in the last post, but felt it was unnecessary and that it would have been a longer post than need be.
Also.. miscarriage at 24 weeks is rare, but not unheard of.. especially in high risk pregnancies.
You say he mentioned you could not just use the ER as a free clinic. I'm looking past your condition and going on the assumption from your post you had a concern for your babies safety. But how often are you in the ER. And do you have some type of job or insurance and do you attempt any payment of your bill? I'm trying to figure out why he would mention you using it as a free clinic.
Jane Doe 287

Whitney, TX

#14 Jan 7, 2013
wonderer wrote:
<quoted text>
You say he mentioned you could not just use the ER as a free clinic. I'm looking past your condition and going on the assumption from your post you had a concern for your babies safety. But how often are you in the ER. And do you have some type of job or insurance and do you attempt any payment of your bill? I'm trying to figure out why he would mention you using it as a free clinic.
I am very rarely in the er, and this incident was a little over 3 years ago (even then it was rare that I went). I was not employed at the time due to the high-risk situation, but I did have insurance through my husband's employer and made payments on my medical bills every chance I had. However, I had been treated for kidney stones at KDMC's er a couple of months prior to this (2 or 3). His reason for being rude to me during the incident in my previous post was this visit. He said that I had just been treated for similar symptoms then went on to make the comment he did. He did, however, apologize after he looked at my chart, which is more than most of the er docs there do. But that is a totally different story.
Fed up Ashland resident

Roosevelt, OK

#15 Jan 7, 2013
he is a str8 up D**khead!!! I would rather let me son do surgery on me than to ever have to see this Dr.!!! if you don't like dealing with people...get a job on WebMD!
Disagree

Ashland, KY

#16 Jan 7, 2013
Jane Doe 287 wrote:
@Disagree: I started out in L&D as they do with all pregnant women.. monitors, ultrasounds, urine screen and blood work... when I entered the er to sign in, I was experiencing contraction-esque pains, significant blood loss, and no fetal movement. I was high-risk pregnancy with each and had almost lost my first to pre-eclampsia and trophoblastic disease (and while on bedrest for 5months).. considering the symptoms, other health/pregnancy related issues, and past experience, I had reason to be fearful of the worst. When the ultrasound and labs showed that the baby was ok, they sent me to the er to check for other causes for the issues. Would have explained that in the last post, but felt it was unnecessary and that it would have been a longer post than need be.
Also.. miscarriage at 24 weeks is rare, but not unheard of.. especially in high risk pregnancies.
That makes more sense! Miscarriages at 24 weeks are rare, but they do happen and I have seen it several times. You had every right to be scared in your situation. I was just confused that you were in the ER with what you thought were pregnancy related problems at 24 weeks. That is why I was saying that didnt happen. I understand now.:) Hope all went well with your pregnancy. He can be an ass, but making that statement is going a bit far. I agree.
Okthen

Ashland, KY

#17 Jan 7, 2013
Fed up Ashland resident wrote:
he is a str8 up D**khead!!! I would rather let me son do surgery on me than to ever have to see this Dr.!!! if you don't like dealing with people...get a job on WebMD!
Then stop going back! It is pretty simple! Let your son do the surgery and dont waste others time! If people would use ER's for what they are for, people wouldnt develop these attitudes. He is NEVER rude to someone there for a REAL emergency! He shouldnt have to get a job on WebMD. People should STOP the abuse of ER's. All doctors are sick of it! He just tells people what he thinks about it and he should if they are not there for an emergency!
Well

West Salem, OH

#18 Jan 7, 2013
I have never met this doctor and I know ERs get abused but when I call my doctor to try and get an appt. because I'm sick and they say I can't be seen for weeks the nurse always says if you feel really bad go to the ER. The kings daughters outreach centers change doctors constantly and I rarely see the same doctor it's frustrating kings daughters herds people in and out like cattle maybe this ER doctor needs to be reminded that its kings daughters doctors sending people there also and he also needs to remember that the people he's treating are usually paying large amounts of money to be treated most of us pay our bills
Okthen

Ashland, KY

#19 Jan 7, 2013
Well wrote:
I have never met this doctor and I know ERs get abused but when I call my doctor to try and get an appt. because I'm sick and they say I can't be seen for weeks the nurse always says if you feel really bad go to the ER. The kings daughters outreach centers change doctors constantly and I rarely see the same doctor it's frustrating kings daughters herds people in and out like cattle maybe this ER doctor needs to be reminded that its kings daughters doctors sending people there also and he also needs to remember that the people he's treating are usually paying large amounts of money to be treated most of us pay our bills
I do agree with most of your post. You are right. However, MOST are NOT paying their bills. That is the problem today and people dont realize that. It is nice to hear that someone does pay their bill. You would be shocked. I do not defend KDMC for the public is aware of what they have done, but I do know that many abuse ER's, dont have insurance or medical cards and never open their bill. That does add up even for those who bill the insured higher.

The doctor problem is a major issue. Independent doctors are fighting to stay alive while these clinics are throwing you around. I agree with you 100%. It is sad. It is nearly impossible to find a family doctor and see that doctor everytime you go. I encourage you to find an independent doctor that you like and encourage everyone you know to go to that doctor to keep them in business. The clinics are horrible about telling people to go to the ER over a cold or bronchitis. They fail to tell you that while you are there, you are likely to pick up the flu and many other things on top of your illness that you are already miserable with.

It still does not justify someone being rude to you or anyone else. I can fully see your frustration. Just trying to help you understand the other side as well. Again, it does not justify someone being rude to you when you are doing what you are told.
yeah right

Nashville, TN

#20 Jan 8, 2013
I know wrote:
This physician is rude and unprofessional. He immediately assumes everyone is there to seek drugs. I have heard If you show up with a migraine he will do a spinal tap on you. That is your punishment for complaining of pain. He does them poorly so you will have to have another procedure called a blood patch by an anesthesiologist when your headache becomes unbearable.(Google it).
"Spinal taps" leak sometimes. Sorry about your luck. It doesn't mean someone "did it poorly." Google it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Fat Patty's clean 27 min Patron 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min Wisdom of Ages 174,890
Hooker 34 min Kanye Best 17
Linda Breedlove is a crazy snitch 35 min Kanye Best 3
Amber Adkins naked 36 min Urcrazy121 8
Poll Who thinks Carl Tolliver needs to be voted out? (Mar '10) 1 hr Joe 117
tRumps Cabinet 1 hr nothing but lies 1

Ashland Jobs

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages